Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Datamined "Chapter III" - The Elder Scrolls Online: Elsweyr

• Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How is this information coming out now, considering that none of this should be new information. The last patch was a month ago.

Supposedly there was a client update yesterday which carried all of this new datamining stuff.

FYI: there's more to come most likely later this day as there will be more datamining later according to UESP Discord.
    Edited by Seraphayel on January 6, 2019 4:06PM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Ri_Khan
    Ri_Khan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Judging others and putting them into categories is dumb. Everyone in that "lore is sacred" crowd is obnoxious as hell.

:D
  • JaZ2091
    JaZ2091
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sold until they start taking performance and bugs more seriously. Doesn't matter what they add in the game if it runs subpar.
  • Atallanta
    Atallanta
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    Faulgor wrote: »
    I don't see how they plan to make 3 skill lines themed around necromancy that are distinct from other classes, especially Sorcerers. Wardens have been portrayed as a support class from the beginning, but I fail to see what the appeal of Necromancers is supposed to be outside of undead pets.
    ... They are going to be everywhere like Warden bears were in the beginning, won't they? Sigh.

Blood related stuff (but Nightblades have that already...)? So it's just "Frost" and "Undead"?

One skill line will be Undead Summoning obviously for pets. One might be for more support oriented skills like Dark Magic and one will be for damage like Stormcalling... well, Necromancers might be quite similar to Sorcerers but who cares.

I would say smth like plague disease, undead or blood magic, debuffs skill line :)
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ezio45 wrote: »
    ok, HOW IN THE WORLD IS NECROMANCER GOING TO WORK IN PVP......

i already have to deal with warden crap that shouldnt be in this game like perma, am i to now sit and go smoke while some dude controls my recently deceased toon?

i know how to make it fair,

one, requires a corpse to summon a zombie. it does not consume the corpse but just summons a zombie at the corpse's location. the zombie wouldn't do much damage or last for long. but you can have many of them. realistically this wouldn't be amazing in pvp because of the corpse requirement and short duration. this would be a mass reanimation ultimate. a basic reanimate skill would be a normal pet but it would gain positive effects from dying such as exploding for an aoe and you can only have one of these.

the "many zombies" concept would follow this principle. again:

requires a corpse to summon a zombie. it does not consume the corpse but just summons a zombie at the corpse's location. the zombie wouldn't do much damage or last for long. but you can have many of them.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Callous2208
    Callous2208
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In PvP can I continuously use repentance on the Necromancer's summons? :D
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Atallanta wrote: »
    Faulgor wrote: »
    I don't see how they plan to make 3 skill lines themed around necromancy that are distinct from other classes, especially Sorcerers. Wardens have been portrayed as a support class from the beginning, but I fail to see what the appeal of Necromancers is supposed to be outside of undead pets.
    ... They are going to be everywhere like Warden bears were in the beginning, won't they? Sigh.

Blood related stuff (but Nightblades have that already...)? So it's just "Frost" and "Undead"?

One skill line will be Undead Summoning obviously for pets. One might be for more support oriented skills like Dark Magic and one will be for damage like Stormcalling... well, Necromancers might be quite similar to Sorcerers but who cares.

I would say smth like plague disease, undead or blood magic, debuffs skill line :)

we have blood magic with nb's siphoning. if it was a sload necromancer it would be water magic instead of this. and might be a lot more interesting. it would have been so much better if water magic was given to warden and ice to necromancer. necromancers are often associated with ice magic.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How is this information coming out now, considering that none of this should be new information. The last patch was a month ago.

Supposedly there was a client update yesterday which carried all of this new datamining stuff.

FYI: there's more to come most likely later this day as there will be more datamining later according to UESP Discord.

Supposedly, a client update? What is ZOS doing, sending out client updates to individual people? What platform was this update for?
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    On one hand, really excited to go to Elsweyr!

On the other hand: We already did necromancer rezzing dragons in Dragonbones. Second era, no dragons. Yay for bending lore to fit the Skyim-everything crowd. Also, playable Necromancer class? Really? Ugh. If it's more PvE viable than Warden I'm going to throw my controller.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Supposedly, a client update? What is ZOS doing, sending out client updates to individual people? What platform was this update for?

it was for the smart fridge.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Imagine if this whole thread is a troll
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

good troll. it's spreading like wildfire.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not hard to imagine. I guess I am taking the joke too seriously? :smile:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Callous2208
    Callous2208
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That would actually be pretty hilarious. I'd definitely believe it. ZoS is on that cruise control mode now, they know they can work folks up, *** them off, and be fine once the new crate season starts.
  • barbarian340
    barbarian340
    ✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    There goes what was left of lore and logic. :D Real Dragons in ESO, which never happened and which was confirmed by ZoS to never happen. And undead chilling in all major towns and social hubs.

Glad I'm not the only one that sees this. I mean eso has been playing fast and loose with the lore since inception, but this is truly jumping the shark and disregarding all lore entirely.

Lore...lore... Oh, come on! ZOS can make another lorebook which will talk about dragons and this will become a new lore. It's a game and not a real history.
    Bring it on! All this stuff sounds too fun.

Elder Scrolls is a deep lore rich franchise and the folks at ESO always said they cared about that legacy. There are literally a million things within the lore that would make awesome updates and expansions, probably better than this. Sticking to the Elder Scrolls theme and canon was what always set ESO apart from all the ridiculous, over the top, anime wannabee mmo's of poor quality that have flooded the market. But for now, I will wait to see how they implement this.

im not big on elder scrolls lore...but werent there dragons in skyrim? how come it's weird that dragons are in eso? im genuinely asking...not being a........
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New link on the first page:

https://elderscrolls.net/2019/01/06/30234-eso-elsweyr-izobrazheniya-i-podrobnosti/

Many more datamined things there (let your explorer auto translate the Russian).
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Ruinhorn
    Ruinhorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Ruinhorn on January 6, 2019 4:22PM
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In PvP can I continuously use repentance on the Necromancer's summons? :D

Haha Would be great, but Im betting raising a dead body will not be instant and youll have to repent before the necromancer raises them.
  • Ruinhorn
    Ruinhorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    New link on the first page:

https://elderscrolls.net/2019/01/06/30234-eso-elsweyr-izobrazheniya-i-podrobnosti/

Many more datamined things there (let your explorer auto translate the Russian).

ah, damn! 1E-10 second before me xD
  • Callous2208
    Callous2208
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There goes what was left of lore and logic. :D Real Dragons in ESO, which never happened and which was confirmed by ZoS to never happen. And undead chilling in all major towns and social hubs.

Glad I'm not the only one that sees this. I mean eso has been playing fast and loose with the lore since inception, but this is truly jumping the shark and disregarding all lore entirely.

Lore...lore... Oh, come on! ZOS can make another lorebook which will talk about dragons and this will become a new lore. It's a game and not a real history.

Elder Scrolls is a deep lore rich franchise and the folks at ESO always said they cared about that legacy. There are literally a million things within the lore that would make awesome updates and expansions, probably better than this. Sticking to the Elder Scrolls theme and canon was what always set ESO apart from all the ridiculous, over the top, anime wannabee mmo's of poor quality that have flooded the market. But for now, I will wait to see how they implement this.

im not big on elder scrolls lore...but werent there dragons in skyrim? how come it's weird that dragons are in eso? im genuinely asking...not being a........

Only a few in this time period that we know of. Most were killed during the dragon war. If you recall the one's in Skyrim were long dead and were raised.
  • rafaelcsmaia
    rafaelcsmaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another class available and still no class token... So much for character proression
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm, necromancy and dragons. I was hoping ZOS still felt any sentiment for the lore at all. Oh well, money talks, screw the lore, I guess...

I would love it if ZOS made it so that city guards would attack all combat pets on sight. Isn't the situation bad enough with all the bears, Clanfears and those damn flippy-floppy flying freaks blocking interaction in the cities? Now we get a horde of undead doing the same too?

At least not all is doom and gloom. On a more positive note, I am actually quite happy that we get to see Elsweyr. I have always liked the Khajiit and their lore, and I look forward to visiting their homeland.
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
  • Eeri_Ravencaw
    Eeri_Ravencaw
    ✭✭✭
    Will the dragons be restricted to Elsweyr? or will we see in other places as well?
  • Callous2208
    Callous2208
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Will the dragons be restricted to Elsweyr? or will we see in other places as well?

If I could fancy a guess...restricted. But who knows. Still not sure if it would be a dungeon boss or maybe end of quest boss.
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol all the Forum Loreplars... all ZoS gotta do is put a Dragon Break into the plot line... then they can do whatever they want in this alternate reality...
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • Thal_J
    Thal_J
    ✭✭✭✭
    Special thanks to UESP Discord's @Thalmor_Justiciar AKA Smirkmire (I hope you don't mind I put the information together in this thread). He said he's datamining more stuff later that we know what's coming (skills, architecture etc.) - I will keep this thread updated.

hey, that's me!

@Seraphayel

QSM1inX.png
    Edited by Thal_J on January 6, 2019 4:33PM
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    OP you're a legend for posting this. thank you to all the dataminers!!!
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UppGRAYxDD wrote: »
    Lol all the Forum Loreplars... all ZoS gotta do is put a Dragon Break into the plot line... then they can do whatever they want in this alternate reality...

I prefer DragLore Knights. Any chance to drag lore into it.
  • AlboMalefica
    AlboMalefica
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is going to be my thoughts on this revelation;

I’m a lore hungry person, not an expert but I dabble. If this is all true it becomes problematic not only for the elder scrolls lore as a whole but for eso lore itself. The main parts are necromancy “class” and dragons.

Necromancy

So necromancy is not viewed but hardly of the main 10 races as a good thing. For example the Altmer will study it only so they can defend against it, while the red guard have forbidden it. For our “heroes” to be full fledged necromancers doesn’t make sense to the eso storyline, Mannimarco and the worm cult sacrificing necromancers rather than recruiting? Being a hero necromancer would mean any logic to the alik’r desert storyline is gone. There would be no explanation to make that storyline work, which would be your hero is ignored. I could go on but I don’t want it to be too long of a “lecture”. The only thing I can think of to make a necromancy hero class work in eso lore is that Abnur Tharn created a underground resistance of necromancers to counter The Worm Cult. And he obviously kept it after the planmeld was stopped coz it’s Abnur Tharn lol. I mention hero a lot because the way eso is set up, you don’t really have the choice to be a villain in the storyline, of you could then yeah have necromancy but you can’t.
    If it’s a skill line, a bit of dabbling would make sense I feel. Not being fully committed then it would make sense overall.

Dragons

There are in elder scrolls lore, some isolated real life dragons in Tamriel, Paarthurnax is an example on top of the Throat of the world and I cannot remember the name but I’m sure there was one in ES2 maybe?
    If there is a single or maybe 2 dragon boss/Es whether it’s story, dungeon, web or trial then it could make sense, possibly a remnant of the akivir presence in Elsewyr. But for dragons to be a random add like Skyrim would be silly and just a cash grab without any thought to lore. I mean they could say it’s a mini dragon break like in Skyrim and some dragons have been transported through time and be isolated in kitty land but I don’t know, with the rich lore already in elder scrolls, seems like a cop out.

So these are my thoughts, feel free to agree or disagree, until we get actual confirmation then it’s anyones game atm 😊
  • Facefister
    Facefister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Lore is maybe the most important part of any RPG. Neglect it too much and your game will become a running joke with a fraction of the original population.