Maintenance for the week of October 21:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 21, 3:00AM EDT (07:00 UTC) - 11:00AM EDT (15:00 UTC)
• Xbox One: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – October 23, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®4: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – October 23, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Datamined "Chapter III" - The Elder Scrolls Online: Elsweyr

  • Callous2208
    Callous2208
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »
    Dracane wrote: »
    Dracane wrote: »
    Dracane wrote: »
    There goes what was left of lore and logic. :D Real Dragons in ESO, which never happened and which was confirmed by ZoS to never happen. And undead chilling in all major towns and social hubs.

    Glad I'm not the only one that sees this. I mean eso has been playing fast and loose with the lore since inception, but this is truly jumping the shark and disregarding all lore entirely.

    Not only lore, but all sanity.
    I have mostly defended ESO's lore, as I find it enriching for the most part. But this update is clearly meant to please cows and whales. Because they have been asking for necromancy and Elsweyr since years and dragons would be a welcome nostalgia for them. I am fairly sure that true fans will find this rather questionable.

    Yea. I guess I'll have to wait and see how they implement it all. By the wording alone, it doesn't look good.

    I wouldn't mind too much if it was a necromancy skill line. Because 5 active abilities can hardly break immersion as much as 15 abilities can. But the very idea that they consider adding another class, where the last one was and still is a disaster and general class balance is still shocking......

    I don't see how they plan to make 3 skill lines themed around necromancy that are distinct from other classes, especially Sorcerers. Wardens have been portrayed as a support class from the beginning, but I fail to see what the appeal of Necromancers is supposed to be outside of undead pets.
    ... They are going to be everywhere like Warden bears were in the beginning, won't they? Sigh.

    Yep. I imagine some sort of Diablo Necromancer rip off with an Elder Scrolls spin. Summons, Poisons and something else.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »
    I don't see how they plan to make 3 skill lines themed around necromancy that are distinct from other classes, especially Sorcerers. Wardens have been portrayed as a support class from the beginning, but I fail to see what the appeal of Necromancers is supposed to be outside of undead pets.
    ... They are going to be everywhere like Warden bears were in the beginning, won't they? Sigh.

    Blood related stuff (but Nightblades have that already...)? So it's just "Frost" and "Undead"?

    One skill line will be Undead Summoning obviously for pets. One might be for more support oriented skills like Dark Magic and one will be for damage like Stormcalling... well, Necromancers might be quite similar to Sorcerers but who cares.
    Edited by Seraphayel on January 6, 2019 2:52PM
    Za'Kharj - Khajiit Necromancer (Aldmeri Dominion)
    Xbox One X (EU)
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Woeler wrote: »
    Woeler wrote: »
    Dracane wrote: »
    Dracane wrote: »
    There goes what was left of lore and logic. :D Real Dragons in ESO, which never happened and which was confirmed by ZoS to never happen. And undead chilling in all major towns and social hubs.

    Glad I'm not the only one that sees this. I mean eso has been playing fast and loose with the lore since inception, but this is truly jumping the shark and disregarding all lore entirely.

    Lore...lore... Oh, come on! ZOS can make another lorebook which will talk about dragons and this will become a new lore. It's a game and not a real history.
    Bring it on! All this stuff sounds too fun.

    And this is exactly how cows and whales would comment. Which just confirms my original theory, that you would be very pleased by all of this.

    Maybe they'll add high horses to the crown store just to cater to your false sense of self-righteousness over video game stories.

    I agree. It's wrong to be a fan of established lore in any sort of media. With the passing of time and each new addition, everything from the past titles should be forgotten. It's why things like Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, The Witcher, and many other various fantasy outlets failed so miserably. They laughably tried to make a progressive story with solid lore that didn't rewrite itself with each new addition.

    I don't care about your opinion. I just wanted to point out how dumb it is to judge others and put them into categories just because they don't agree with the "lore is sacred" crowd. There is a difference between being a fan and being obnoxious.

    I agree with you. Judging others and putting them into categories is dumb. Everyone in that "lore is sacred" crowd is obnoxious as hell. Lore should NEVER matter at all when it comes to fantasy games. We are truly the voice of reason for these nerds.

    https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/strawman
    Author of the esoleaderboards.com project | Maintainer of the ESO-Database.com project
    | World First Veteran Maw of Lorkhaj Hard Mode clear |
    | Mod on the official ESO Subreddit |
    Youtube link | Twitter link | Website link
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering the specific wording in the game files, I don't think we'll be getting a new class but rather a new skill line.
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

    Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »
    Dracane wrote: »
    Dracane wrote: »
    Dracane wrote: »
    There goes what was left of lore and logic. :D Real Dragons in ESO, which never happened and which was confirmed by ZoS to never happen. And undead chilling in all major towns and social hubs.

    Glad I'm not the only one that sees this. I mean eso has been playing fast and loose with the lore since inception, but this is truly jumping the shark and disregarding all lore entirely.

    Not only lore, but all sanity.
    I have mostly defended ESO's lore, as I find it enriching for the most part. But this update is clearly meant to please cows and whales. Because they have been asking for necromancy and Elsweyr since years and dragons would be a welcome nostalgia for them. I am fairly sure that true fans will find this rather questionable.

    Yea. I guess I'll have to wait and see how they implement it all. By the wording alone, it doesn't look good.

    I wouldn't mind too much if it was a necromancy skill line. Because 5 active abilities can hardly break immersion as much as 15 abilities can. But the very idea that they consider adding another class, where the last one was and still is a disaster and general class balance is still shocking......

    I don't see how they plan to make 3 skill lines themed around necromancy that are distinct from other classes, especially Sorcerers. Wardens have been portrayed as a support class from the beginning, but I fail to see what the appeal of Necromancers is supposed to be outside of undead pets.
    ... They are going to be everywhere like Warden bears were in the beginning, won't they? Sigh.

    Disease, Undead Magic and if they are a sload necromancer. water magic fits best.
    Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/gnfJXgg

    Let's make frost better for everyone!
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    Dracane wrote: »
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    What strikes me is that

    Dragons + Elsweyr + Necromancy

    sounds so weird. I mean Dragons in Elsweyr? Why? Getting a tan or what? And then Necromancy?

    Right now we lack almost every bit of information but it sounds like a really weird cocktail of ingredients to work in the end. I have to agree with @Dracane on this except for the Elsweyr part. Dragons and Necromancy very much sound like the most obvious choice to generate cash, just Skyrim as a new zone would have brought more to that table.

    Don't get me wrong. I too would like to see Elsweyr. It's in fact the area that would most please me at the moment.
    But the combination of as you said, Elsweyr+Dragons+Necromancy screams aggressive purse assault to me.

    ZoS found ways for Ayleids to be in Blackmarsh, Imperials to be in blackmarsh (which was never known before). It's new information, but it's not entirely impossible. You can set up everything to fit your agenda and without rewriting the lore. But that doesn't mean that you should. Dragons in Elsweyr is OBVIOUSLY a tool to attract buyers, nothting else.

    Lol, some players can never be happy for anything.

    You too haven't been the happiest person on the forums in the past.
    Someone only invested in combat surely wouldn't understand why all of this is potentially a big deal. Nothing I say will change anything. Yet I'm going to say it anyway, as my personal peace demands it.

    ZOS giving more options to enjoy ESO but negativity kills joyness!

    So be happy!

    I will be happy, mostly. Until another OP class enters the battlefield that does everything better than existing classes and when Paarthurnax greats me to give me quests.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    Until another OP class enters the battlefield that does everything better than existing classes and when Paarthurnax greats me to give me quests.

    When did this actually happen? Warden isn't OP and Stamden is just OP because of Stamina's overperformance in PvP.
    _______

    Oh and dear all, could we get rid of the personal attacks please? This thread is dedicated towards Chapter III related stuff.
    Za'Kharj - Khajiit Necromancer (Aldmeri Dominion)
    Xbox One X (EU)
  • Kalante
    Kalante
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsweyr will be probably look like alikir 2.0 just like murkmire looks like shadowfeng. KEK
    MWsRAGE_5
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerf necromancer! B)
    Gepe, General MagSorc | Ghepe, First Sergeant MagDK | Gepe Direnni, Colonel Magplar | Gepi, Sergeant Magblade | Gepe Greenheart, Mystic Stamden CP1000+
    Solo PvPer
Sign In or Register to comment.