Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Shor PC/NA "Official" Discussion

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MajBludd wrote: »
    So it is a dead camp if it's mostly pver's doing quests.

At this time yes. It wasn’t always like that. And we’d all like to see some more steady population. Ideally people would stop cramming into Vivec and spread it thus improving performance overall. But Shor is in a weird spot and it’s going to take some time.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    @Vapirko @technohic Rajin and I played ep and facilitated your tri keep caps and farther push out. We 2 man cut nikel, cut resources, guarded front doors when you all were sieging inner and encouraged ep to focus ad.

I was wondering why Rajin wasn't EMP. The person that was kept popping out in front of 40 players trying to face tank while they were all happy to get the achievement.

That person is normally EP if I’m not mistaken?Was surprised to see their name as AD emp.
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    @technohic @Vapirko if you all help me grind a dk and get undaunted 9, I’ll make a dc DK
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those interested in what those huge DC battles looked like from our side of things..

https://youtu.be/3l8QtRNYQvE
    Supreme Leader Corvette - StamSorc
    Founder of Dominion Special Forces
    YouTube - ESO & Automotive Racing
    DC Zerg Busting
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @technohic @Vapirko if you all help me grind a dk and get undaunted 9, I’ll make a dc DK

Im actually trying to level a DK myself but I have not had much luck finding time between family and tweaking my other builds, and I like to get a little PvP in when I can. I also keep getting torn on whether I should and shouldnt be just focusing on my Stamplar. Seem to be streaky depending on when I am playing it right or not.
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    @BaylorCorvette I try watching gameplay with more than 3-4 people in group, but it’s just not enjoyable to me. I can appreciate it tho. Watching a 12-24 man dracarys group move like a 4 man across the battlefield while fighting 2 full raids is near but boring. Golfing is fun to play, boring to watch, ya know?
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @BaylorCorvette I try watching gameplay with more than 3-4 people in group, but it’s just not enjoyable to me. I can appreciate it tho. Watching a 12-24 man dracarys group move like a 4 man across the battlefield while fighting 2 full raids is near but boring. Golfing is fun to play, boring to watch, ya know?

Yeah I know what you mean. Which is why I have a hard cap of 8 for our Friday night group. In my two years of playing this game I've done it all. Large full raid group. Solo, duo & trios and mid size. I ran a ton of trios from about March to October of this year and just got bored of the same stuff. Now I help lead a large group of mostly new or newish players on Mondays and then Tuesday Thursday and Friday reserved for my guild where we run 3-8 people. The variety of doing this the past two months has made things a lot more enjoyable.

There's nothing more enjoyable than taking a group of 5-8 and hard wiping 25-35 people though.
    DC Zerg Busting
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those interested in what those huge DC battles looked like from our side of things..

After watching this and getting owned by it a bit tonight by numerous different players, I gave up on my bow/2her and went dual wield/2her. Blade cloak and heavy armor is really nice (I realize you are using shuffle in medium) in a siege and when players try to ulti dump AOEs. Not to mention being able to spin in the cluster when there are a few low healths around rather than having to actually hit them with LOS of other players getting in the way. Also gave in and got some bleeds to give me a little more pressure when my jabs are getting eaten by heavy evasioners.

Cant lure out the stupid ones any more by plunking them with arrows but thats not what I really need to get better at beating. Might pop into Shor more as theres a more likely chance to get my teeth kicked in.
    Edited by technohic on December 30, 2018 5:27AM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Good stuff. After being staunchly DC since I started, I’m beginnning to wonder what it would be like to play against them. Not that I’m probably gonna take the time to level yet another toon any time soon but maybe at some point.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Now I help lead a large group of mostly new or newish players on Mondays and then Tuesday Thursday and Friday reserved for my guild where we run 3-8 people. The variety of doing this the past two months has made things a lot more enjoyable.
    I find that being in two different guilds that play two entirely different styles is pretty refreshing as well. It's nice to mix things up on a regular basis.

• PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    Now I help lead a large group of mostly new or newish players on Mondays and then Tuesday Thursday and Friday reserved for my guild where we run 3-8 people. The variety of doing this the past two months has made things a lot more enjoyable.
    I find that being in two different guilds that play two entirely different styles is pretty refreshing as well. It's nice to mix things up on a regular basis.

I like to grab a beer, take my argonian bow blade to Vivec and give all the stealthy snipe spammers a taste of their own medicine.
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @SkysOutThizeOut Saw in the thread. Still impressed you are using the control pad layout.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shor was low key fun tonight. Had some fun 1v1s a couple of 1v2/3s, and a few small scale fights mostly not larger than 5v5. DC had the numbers advantage but most were in one group, and there were lots of little fights around. I wish I could record some stuff but with the already high ping, I noticed there’s an extra bit of chunkiness to PvP on my laptop when running GeForce overlay and when recording. Not worth the lower quality gameplay.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Vapirko @technohic @BaylorCorvette @Kartalin @nryerson1025
    Baylor, I see your small scale vid and shall raise you.
    Lol, nice clips. Were some of those in no cp? I saw you were fighting Bashu and that Nocturnal guild we've seen in Sotha recently.

Been away from my mag dk for a long time, but seeing vids like this makes we want to go back to it.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you playing with an Xbox controller?? Or are you just playing in the consol mode with a keyboard?
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Vapirko @technohic @BaylorCorvette @Kartalin @nryerson1025
    Baylor, I see your small scale vid and shall raise you.

Nice video you play the class well.

How's 118k AP in thirty minutes and twenty seconds with duos fight messing around at Nik?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxd2Q2WN67s&list=PLnUtPt0XUIjTsRh9458RefyALdLAiPB5o&t=1s&index=7

After watching this and getting owned by it a bit tonight by numerous different players, I gave up on my bow/2her and went dual wield/2her. Blade cloak and heavy armor is really nice (I realize you are using shuffle in medium) in a siege and when players try to ulti dump AOEs. Not to mention being able to spin in the cluster when there are a few low healths around rather than having to actually hit them with LOS of other players getting in the way. Also gave in and got some bleeds to give me a little more pressure when my jabs are getting eaten by heavy evasioners.

Cant lure out the stupid ones any more by plunking them with arrows but thats not what I really need to get better at beating. Might pop into Shor more as theres a more likely chance to get my teeth kicked in.

I def think having major evasion is critical when you're fighting large groups or a group that is doing coordinated ult bombs. So Shuffle or Blade Cloak is solid for sure. I'm actually running 2h/s&B on my Stamplar but admittedly that is more for solo/duos and not for this type of group play. I'm really enjoying the bow back bar on my StamSorc to build ult at range and also have the burst heal from draining shot, not to mention the stun for people trying to run away. Can't tell you how many 1vXers I've caught trying to duck out at super speed only to be caught by a draining shot.
    Edited by BaylorCorvette on December 31, 2018 6:18PM
    DC Zerg Busting
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah I know what you mean. Which is why I have a hard cap of 8 for our Friday night group. In my two years of playing this game I've done it all. Large full raid group. Solo, duo & trios and mid size. I ran a ton of trios from about March to October of this year and just got bored of the same stuff. Now I help lead a large group of mostly new or newish players on Mondays and then Tuesday Thursday and Friday reserved for my guild where we run 3-8 people. The variety of doing this the past two months has made things a lot more enjoyable.

There's nothing more enjoyable than taking a group of 5-8 and hard wiping 25-35 people though.

I wish everyone had the experience of 5-8 man pvp ... Its the best ... I know my small guild loves the small fights.... We refuse to home vevic due to the lag and huge zergs that form there.... SHORE is a awsome place during prime time ... I wish more people from vevic would give it a chance.... I was in Non PVP server the other night and saw a ton of old haderaus people and some shore people that have moved there.... I told them that SHORE is not dead and its still going and not give up on the server ....
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Kartalin yeah some of it was in no cp. The fight in which keep, I had no idea who that was.
    @Vapirko yeah a paddled controller. It’s real nice and seemless... turn speed blows tho.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Kartalin yeah some of it was in no cp. The fight in which keep, I had no idea who that was.
    @Vapirko yeah a paddled controller. It’s real nice and seemless... turn speed blows tho.

Looks like my strategy will be running in circles spamming purge.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Midyear Mayhem is coming so brace yourself Shor. Think my NB and Templar are already tier 3 on Vivec. Need to get my new DK there before then I guess; and I suppose I should play my sorc some, or I can just plan to home them on Shor
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just saw they sneaked the announcement in lol. Jan 10-21. Just bring some action to Shor, cannot wait!
    DC Zerg Busting
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just saw they sneaked the announcement in lol. Jan 10-21. Just bring some action to Shor, cannot wait!

Awesome! Get those cheese builds out ;) Would be nice if they tossed in a new title/dye/unique something this year though. Same old rewards. I'd like to see some really hard title to obtain, like high number of KBs ungrouped.

Edited by Vapirko on January 3, 2019 2:48AM
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

Awesome! Get those cheese builds out ;) Would be nice if they tossed in a new title/dye/unique something this year though. Same old rewards. I'd like to see some really hard title to obtain, like high number of KBs ungrouped.

Would that be Gankblade Red or Mages Wrath blue?
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    Vapirko wrote: »

Would that be Gankblade Red or Mages Wrath blue?

Jesus Beam Spam Yellow (like it's 2016)!
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bomb blades just sitting at resources just waiting for a stack on flag. Those tasty VD procs on no impen characters
  • LaurenIsAwkward
    LaurenIsAwkward
    ✭✭✭

Any chance you could take on an extra for the upcoming AP event? I have a stam sorc on AD that I'm quite fond of but I also just finished levelling up a warden which I intend on using as a healer/support build.
    Laelwen - AD Bosmer Stam Sorc (Main) AR 27
    Graça - AD Stam Templar (Former Main) AR 19
    Lauren the Dark - AD Nord Stam Nightblade AR 15
    (and a bunch of others)

@Violet_Sunrise PC NA AD
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just got tired of attacking EP PvDoor mostly and chasing people around resources tonight. There was some drive to do that because people didnt want to fight a stacked Emp and scroll faction, but there was some drawbacks when chasing AD special forces into towers. I think our group leader knew that and was just as frustrated as I was at times with people wanting to chase.
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GreatWhite wrote: »

Any chance you could take on an extra for the upcoming AP event? I have a stam sorc on AD that I'm quite fond of but I also just finished levelling up a warden which I intend on using as a healer/support build.

Shooting you a PM.

I just got tired of attacking EP PvDoor mostly and chasing people around resources tonight. There was some drive to do that because people didnt want to fight a stacked Emp and scroll faction, but there was some drawbacks when chasing AD special forces into towers. I think our group leader knew that and was just as frustrated as I was at times with people wanting to chase.

Def had some nice big fights last night. I see Vanquish isn't chasing us as much but we still get great fights at keeps.
    DC Zerg Busting
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GreatWhite wrote: »

Shooting you a PM.

Def had some nice big fights last night. I see Vanquish isn't chasing us as much but we still get great fights at keeps.

When some of the questions of the night are "How do I get into Cyrodiil" or "How do I get the kill player quests" its probably not a good idea to lead them towards groups where you know there is going to be coordinated ulti dumps. I was getting frustrated by where we did go and fight and chase people down but I think I myself need to be more patient there as its a good night to get players exposed to PvP and the group leader did his best to lead them where the could have a positive experience; even if they sometimes would get into those situations.