The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Shor PC/NA "Official" Discussion

• kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @technohic I understand your point, but here was my DC experience on Shor last night. I login, port to Bleaks, ride to my two guild mates at Chalman mine. Chalman is yellow, mine is blue, lm is red, farm flips to blue while we're there. After 3 minutes at the mine with no one arriving, we put a ram on the fd, I run 1 ballista. Before it flags, we get ganked by 2 EP stamblades. Res at Ales, ride to Nik, PvDoor Nik with the 3 of us, run around on the rocks at Nik for 10 minutes with noone else showing up from any faction. DC zone chat is just a couple of guys figuring out retaking home keep resources. It's nice to have abilities work reliably, but it's harder to find fights that work for us.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, when shor is dead, it's REAL dead.

...and usually when it's alive, it's one color's raid against a few isolated players on the other two factions. C'est le vie.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

...and usually when it's alive, it's one color's raid against a few isolated players on the other two factions. C'est le vie.
    kringled_1 wrote: »
    @technohic I understand your point, but here was my DC experience on Shor last night. I login, port to Bleaks, ride to my two guild mates at Chalman mine. Chalman is yellow, mine is blue, lm is red, farm flips to blue while we're there. After 3 minutes at the mine with no one arriving, we put a ram on the fd, I run 1 ballista. Before it flags, we get ganked by 2 EP stamblades. Res at Ales, ride to Nik, PvDoor Nik with the 3 of us, run around on the rocks at Nik for 10 minutes with noone else showing up from any faction. DC zone chat is just a couple of guys figuring out retaking home keep resources. It's nice to have abilities work reliably, but it's harder to find fights that work for us.

Unfortunately true. The other option is the no CP campaign but i hear its already dominated by blue.
    Edited by technohic on February 6, 2019 9:56PM
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

Unfortunately true. The other option is the no CP campaign but i hear its already dominated by blue.

Hopped on Shor for the first time in months last night. Within the first ten minutes I found myself ganked by a small group of vets who are inexplicably still there and were inexplicably sitting in the middle of nowhere somewhere south of Bruma. Ten minutes after that I found myself fighting a yellow guild that I swear was employing every snare in the game, but who seemed to only have one guy running damage skills. Ten minutes after that I was riding around from resource to resource, looking for fights that never materialized.

So about the same experience here. Hopefully the IC change next patch opens up better options.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »

Hopped on Shor for the first time in months last night. Within the first ten minutes I found myself ganked by a small group of vets who are inexplicably still there and were inexplicably sitting in the middle of nowhere somewhere south of Bruma. Ten minutes after that I found myself fighting a yellow guild that I swear was employing every snare in the game, but who seemed to only have one guy running damage skills. Ten minutes after that I was riding around from resource to resource, looking for fights that never materialized.

So about the same experience here. Hopefully the IC change next patch opens up better options.

Shor in a nutshell: 1 yellow guild, half a dozen "gank" groups and 10 bored resource farmers spread over the map. :D
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »

Shor in a nutshell: 1 yellow guild, half a dozen "gank" groups and 10 bored resource farmers spread over the map. :D

Bleh. If that's the case, then how's that Vivec lag these days?

I may just limit myself to farming PVE until the new patch.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »

Bleh. If that's the case, then how's that Vivec lag these days?

I may just limit myself to farming PVE until the new patch.

It was sporadic ability delays/ not firing last night so, not as bad as the 2 days before.

And it seems like a thing now to have a roots and snares spammed by the majority, maybe a guy spamming silver leash or chains and just pulling them into the mob. Had a couple times with death recap in vivec of each ability being a different person for 1300 damage each. You fight your way through snipers from stealth to then just get to that. Really engaging gameplay everywhere
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My best advice for Shor is find a decent 3-8 man group. Solo and sometimes duos can be very difficult, especially if a faction is zerging. I've found that 5-7 people is best for the groups mobility to be able to hit large groups and reposition and also not get constantly wiped by a much larger group.
    Supreme Leader Corvette - StamSorc
    Founder of Dominion Special Forces
    YouTube - ESO & Automotive Racing
    DC Zerg Busting
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    find a decent 3-8 man group

I've been trying to do that for a long time. Except for a nice period when Requiem ran that size, my experience has been that most people on DC either don't find the playstyle that goes with a group that size appealing, or they've been playing since 2015 and already have enough friends.
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shor was a ghost town last night. Six of us were running around prime time, went up to Bleakers and flipped it, sat there for a little bit and only had a couple solo people come. So then we moved to Glade, flipped that and didn't get much. So we ended up going to Vivec.
    find a decent 3-8 man group

I've been trying to do that for a long time. Except for a nice period when Requiem ran that size, my experience has been that most people on DC either don't find the playstyle that goes with a group that size appealing, or they've been playing since 2015 and already have enough friends.

DD Gank Squad is a super laid back group of DC but they play often. I think Turtle-Master is their Guild Leader. Maybe check them out? I do not know if you're looking for something hardcore or more just laid back, if the later then they're a good group of people.
    DC Zerg Busting
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pleased to report fun fights around the map this morning!
    Had a good time brawling over Bruma 2vDreads, though their use of siege might have been excessive.. :D
    While LeafyCanoe and co kept us guessing on the backline.

Confirming, 2-3 grouped is ideal. Having classes or builds that play well off each other makes a big difference imo.

Not that solo play is impossible, but I find myself feeling stretched thin trying to grab all the buffs/debuffs I want. Which might be a good thing for the game, I think.

Edit: Atrocious formatting.
    Edited by Grimlok_S on February 8, 2019 6:37PM
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had some really good fights in Shor on Friday. It's the longest we stayed in Shor before swapping over to Vivec. Looks like maybe there's a new DC guild in Shor called "Best Laid Plans" we fought them several times.

https://youtu.be/yA70ZxsQ3Wo
    DC Zerg Busting
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had some really good fights in Shor on Friday. It's the longest we stayed in Shor before swapping over to Vivec. Looks like maybe there's a new DC guild in Shor called "Best Laid Plans" we fought them several times.

I've seen BLP advertise in zone in Vivec (before I gave up on pvp). They're probably more Vivec refugees trying to escape the lag and mega zergs.

Edited by Marcus684 on February 19, 2019 3:10AM
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marcus684 wrote: »

I've seen BLP advertise in zone in Vivec (before I gave up on pvp). They're probably more Vivec refugees trying to escape the lag and mega zergs.

I think you might be correct, someone had mentioned that they've seen them in Vivec a bit in the past. I don't blame them for seeking alternative campaigns to play in. Lately my group has been venturing into Vivec a bit more since Shor has been really hit or miss lately and sometimes several of us crash within the first few minutes of being in Vivec. That campaign is such a problem, it blows my mind how many people play there and put up with that performance.
    DC Zerg Busting
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marcus684 wrote: »

I think you might be correct, someone had mentioned that they've seen them in Vivec a bit in the past. I don't blame them for seeking alternative campaigns to play in. Lately my group has been venturing into Vivec a bit more since Shor has been really hit or miss lately and sometimes several of us crash within the first few minutes of being in Vivec. That campaign is such a problem, it blows my mind how many people play there and put up with that performance.

Yeah, Best Laid Plans have been in Vivec. I was surprised to see them come in behind and save us on Friday in Shor.

The end of the last Vivec cycle; it felt like it was only the core group of Vanquish in Vivec as far as groups go and a lot of PUGs. A lot moved to Sotha actually rather than Shor, with Fengrush and all his team there. Its frustrating when you have Army of the Potato stacking the entier faction then Drac going wherever they arent, This new cycle, I have seen more of AD and DC both pushing EP seemingly because we are all tired of their crap, but thats starting to evolve in seeing AD and DC stacks it seems.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @BaylorCorvette or anyone really. What do you guys use to merge video clips and transition? What about dubbing audio?
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of my edits are done in AVS Video Editor @technohic
    DC Zerg Busting
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of my edits are done in AVS Video Editor @technohic

Thanks! I started taking some clips and watching. There is some "WTF am I doing there?" moments and some highlights and then I was trying to do just a video of a pretty large fight and have been having to find some options between Windows Photo, and YouTube and they are not great. Should work for this as I am just running around in the middle of the zerg clash.
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    After spending a week back in Shor, it seems clear that the only consistently fun thing to do in the server is farm Chaos Riders. Unfortunately I am the same alliance as they are.
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After spending a week back in Shor, it seems clear that the only consistently fun thing to do in the server is farm Chaos Riders. Unfortunately I am the same alliance as they are.

Sotha is fun when it isn't overrun by DC.
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The siege-pocalypse that happened last week probably did not help at all. Over the course of the last two weeks I've played a total of maybe two hours in Shor, in those two hours anything short of running in a group of four or less is just a waste of time.
    DC Zerg Busting
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The siege-pocalypse that happened last week probably did not help at all. Over the course of the last two weeks I've played a total of maybe two hours in Shor, in those two hours anything short of running in a group of four or less is just a waste of time.

Haven't been back much either. Why does 4 or smaller feel like a waste? Are other factions running larger numbers? @BaylorCorvette
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grimlok_S wrote: »

Haven't been back much either. Why does 4 or smaller feel like a waste? Are other factions running larger numbers? @BaylorCorvette

At the time I wrote that, it felt like Shor was a smaller Vivec with no lag. Fairly significant faction zergs on all sides. I was in Shor last Friday with a group of 3-6 (depending on the time) and it turned out to be pretty good fights, so much so that we left our queue in Vivec to stay in Shor. The thing with Shor, now more than ever is that it can go from really dead (only a few people hitting a keep) to almost a full raid really quickly. The best time in Shor is about 8pm-1030pm CST on Friday nights, that is constantly fun fights and has been for a couple months. Other than that, it's anyone's guess on what you're going to get.
    DC Zerg Busting
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pvp has become stagnant and zos has failed to do anything significant to keep the player base interested.

I went from playing everyday for a few hours to barely at all due to the fact it's just become so boring. They have neglected Pvp for far too long and now they are seeing the results.

The next chapter will decide it for me and I'm sure others as well.
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MajBludd , I have been pretty burnt out too. I’ll play the new classes and probably main them, but I’m enjoying other things in life a lot more right now.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MajBludd wrote: »
    They have neglected Pvp for far too long and now they are seeing the results.

The recently added some new things, like destructible bridges and milegates, that made pvp worse. Alessia bridge was one of the few places on the map where you could regularly just go screw around outside of a zerg, and now it's completely worthless. It was the most interesting place on the map, with all the little rocks and ledges and secrets spots. Same for the milegates, to a lesser degree. Now it's all just troll bait to siege it down and make you waste repair kits.
    Edited by josh.lackey_ESO on April 9, 2019 12:09PM
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MajBludd wrote: »
    They have neglected Pvp for far too long and now they are seeing the results.

The recently added some new things, like destructible bridges and milegates, that made pvp worse. Alessia bridge was one of the few places on the map where you could regularly just go screw around outside of a zerg, and now it's completely worthless. It was the most interesting place on the map, with all the little rocks and ledges and secrets spots. Same for the milegates, to a lesser degree. Now it's all just troll bait to siege it down and make you waste repair kits.

I think for the first few weeks there was some really stupid fights at gates and bridges with sieging back and forth not going anywhere but that has stopped and so each of those which had fights other than between Chal and Bleak, or Roe and Nickel, or Allessia bridge; its all more focused on the keeps or outposts for DC who are obsessed with Bleaks and Nic.
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    Questing in shor... hehehehe
    https://youtu.be/Hk8mUqr7D1w
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How has shore been the last few nights? I miss the smaller scale activity there. But most of all I miss the performance of the server.
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess the traffic on this forum answers my question. Sad to see shore dead. We spent so much time here :( So many good times with NO LAG! Not sure how long I can last playing in the BROKEN SUPER HIGH LATENCY/LAG vevic .
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables