The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Shor PC/NA "Official" Discussion

• pzschrek
    pzschrek
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shor Sherriffs
    Sure Share Shor
    Shor Schmucks

...I’ll see myself out

“The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.”
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @technohic EP right? We need to drag more ep and dc into shor.

@nryerson1025 well we get one shot once it’s made, then we’re committed.

DC.
  • nryerson1025
    nryerson1025
    ✭✭✭✭
    Glorylords?
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shorly Less Lag
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    @technohic that’s clever.
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    @pzschrek lol like the alliterations.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A tri faction guild seems like a fine idea, if you all think that would help draw in players. Idk that I can be of much service since I live half way around the world most of the year. I only rarely get into Shor during prime time, a magical coincidence that involves not being busy/traveling for work during my morning and my gf being gone (she kinda hates when I wake up and start playing ESO). But I’m down to help if I can. I would guess that a big part of Shor not drawing a steady stream of new players is that people do the calculations for possible transmute crystals in a month and realize that not only does Vivec offer more, but the population is constant as well and there’s always a pug Zerg to join. You get a lost soul coming into shor off hours, first time pvpers, and they start LFGs and it’s a ghost town. I have to whisper them and be honest that they’re not gonna find anything here unless they want to play solo, and try to encourage them to guest here and come back but who knows if that works. As I said above, I think it would be up to ZOS to try and redirect traffic to Shor via better rewards. For most shor must look like a desolate wasteland, with just a few of us crazies wandering around. Somehow people need access to a description of the campaigns that includes how populations come and go and to somehow be encouraged to play lower pop campaigns. This could include a tri faction discord that we can advertise on the forums or in threads people start asking about PvP.
    Edited by Vapirko on December 27, 2018 3:00AM
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think it's the transmute crystals.

Every time I go to Shor almost all the action is stamboi groups tower farming babes. I absolutely have nothing against farming, but when that's ALL a noob sees, they aren't going to stick.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    I don't think it's the transmute crystals.

Every time I go to Shor almost all the action is stamboi groups tower farming babes. I absolutely have nothing against farming, but when that's ALL a noob sees, they aren't going to stick.

That’s definitely part of it, but there’s gotta be more reason why we don’t get more people trying it on a regular basis. There’s also larger over arching issues, as we all know, that have pushed out a lot of old players guilds who would have spread out population and given new comers a place to go. And people overall seem just less likely to try and learn to be good players thus enabling them to act on their own, form groups etc. Maybe it was just a noob perspective but when I joined PvP a few years ago I felt like there were small scale and 1v1 fights happening all over. There were a lot of legit good players around and they weren’t just off farming towers. They were actively fighting each other and everyone else, instead of the known players avoiding each other for their respective farming.
    Edited by Vapirko on December 27, 2018 5:51AM
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thing I don't understand is that Vivec has such *** poor performance at peak hours and even a couple hours before and after peak hours, and yet here sets an open campaign with zero performance issues. You would think that more people would just leave Vivec during those times and come to Shor. I go to Vivec maybe once a week at peak time and almost always regret that decision, it is rarely enjoyable to play when my FPS is such crap and my abilities have a 1-2 second delay on cast. When my group tries to set up a tower farm in Vivec or something similar, we get some nice fights but are often met with 20+ people that, through sheer numbers over power us.

Having said all of that, if only one faction brought a large PvP guild over from Vivec into Shor it wouldn't do too much for the campaign. Already 6-8 people can often roll the map in Shor. Imagine what would happen if one faction had 1-2 full raids in Shor. It would be dead within 45 minutes. Really it is a multi faction problem for this campaign. I'm in two AD PvP guilds, one I lead for small scale throughout the week and the other I help out with that runs a couple times a week in Shor. The later is open to ALL levels and has very few requirements. We've recently started getting more PvP participation. For DC I think the only group that is wrangling new players is Call To Glory and for EP I don't think there is anything aside from Dreadlords occasionally coming into Shor.
    Supreme Leader Corvette - StamSorc
    Founder of Dominion Special Forces
    YouTube - ESO & Automotive Racing
    DC Zerg Busting
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well what happened to the groups was regular full map flipping by large groups when no one was on, then showing up to be pushed to 1 faction with all scrolls , full raids, and emp.

That actually reminds me why this wont work on a regular basis without some changes by ZOS.
    Edited by technohic on December 27, 2018 3:42PM
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    @BaylorCorvette so would you be down with a tri-faction guild that monitors and attempts some regulation of shor gameplay?
    The goal would be to facilitate a healthier campaign to attract more players, so when they do enter it, they don’t just immediately leave when looking at the map. At the end of he day we all want fights and more of them. Below are the things and guidelines that those a part of this accord will attempt to adhere to.

@nryerson1025 @Vapirko @technohic @HadesStyxx @pzschrek
    1. Use MOTD to identify strongest/weakest faction, with recommendations for multi faction players to play for the weaker ones.
    2. Schedule “guild events” for all factions to be on to fight at the same time.
    3. Establish base GUIDELINES:
    a. Scrolls will be primarily kept on the Emp ring and not farthest from the faction they were taken from. This allows for easier conflict by making scrolls appear more attainable to other players.
    b. Tri keep caps are allowed long enough to get a scroll. Then off limits. Prevents players from entering and leaving right away.
    c. Discourage the 2 stronger factions attacking weaker 1. This often causes a faction’s morale to collapse and leads to the strongest faction dominating the map once the weakest leaves.
    d. If your faction has emp, do not keep the towns capped. Allowing freedom to deathport and push will ensure incoming players don’t feel trapped and can find fights faster.
    e. In the event one faction is out of control the appropriate alliance is will be formed: Purple, Orange, Green until the stronger faction violating the guidelines ceases and desists.
    1) Typically faction’s will demand retribution for such flagrant gameplay (home keep camping), but all that are a part of this should restrict themselves and their guilds from retribution since it will cause the health of the campaign to deteriorate further.
    2) Alliances exist as long as it takes to achieve balance.
    f. Discourage hate tells (hard for me sometimes, let’s be real). Encourage the terrible players in zone chat... because as bad they may be, they are the only way we can reach the Shor we desire.
    4. Look into finding players in each faction that will recruit pugs to come to shor. There is more we can do with this if we want to be creative.
    5. All types of gameplay, zerging or small scale, is fair game. Only time something’s changes between those in guild is when Alliances are forced.
    6. Lobby guilds from outside of shor (1 from each faction) to pick 1 night a week to play shor and try to get a schedule to populate the campaign for consistently.

Let me know your thoughts. These are working ideas. Let’s identify guilds willing to take part.
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this guild you're proposing to form for the purpose of leaders across the factions to better communicate or is this for people of all factions to find groups to PvP? If it is the later, it may be difficult to be successful but I could be wrong. If it is for the purpose of cross faction communication then I could see it working, and I do have a free guild spot to join.

I only have AD toons, as is the case with the core group I play with so none of my group will be of any use if EP or DC is under populated. Any time I'm leading a group we seldom, if ever go for scrolls specifically. Unless it is going after another faction running a scroll but that is typically for the purpose of getting fights. I try to stay away from Tri Keeps, unless there is a really strong faction, then I'll usually go up to one of the tri keeps to 1) get a fight and 2) remove pressure off the front lines of our faction. I try to advocate for staying away from enemy factions gates, but that often falls on deaf ears when AD (or any faction) is steam rolling. Pugs just follow the zerg around and capture anything that isn't Yellow. Even during the times I've been Emperor I expressed that opinion in zone chat and said I wasn't going to be at Tri Keeps. It worked with a handful of people but others couldn't care less and they just did whatever. Those types of people will always be there and do what they want.
    DC Zerg Busting
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    @BaylorCorvette it’s more for the former, but still use it a little for the latter. And even as AD you can just redirect attention, deny your support to others, or even help another faction take/defend a keep.
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do usually try to make an effort to hit the back lines of whatever faction currently has Emp. However I have noticed that some of the well known other faction small scale groups hit AD back lines despite times when AD is being pushed in by both DC and EP when we don't have Emp (if we do have Emp then that is fine and I see nothing wrong with that), it gets a lot of PUGs discouraged or tied up being farmed by these groups allowing DC & EP PUGs to decimate the AD front lines. Unfortunately there isn't much we can do about those groups because they are going to do what they want to do, which is fine, they can play the game how they want.

If you (or someone else) creates this guild throw me an invite. My @ name in game is the same as my user name here.

DC Zerg Busting
  • nryerson1025
    nryerson1025
    ✭✭✭✭
    @BaylorCorvette so would you be down with a tri-faction guild that monitors and attempts some regulation of shor gameplay?
    The goal would be to facilitate a healthier campaign to attract more players, so when they do enter it, they don’t just immediately leave when looking at the map. At the end of he day we all want fights and more of them. Below are the things and guidelines that those a part of this accord will attempt to adhere to.

@nryerson1025 @Vapirko @technohic @HadesStyxx @pzschrek
    1. Use MOTD to identify strongest/weakest faction, with recommendations for multi faction players to play for the weaker ones.
    2. Schedule “guild events” for all factions to be on to fight at the same time.
    3. Establish base GUIDELINES:
    a. Scrolls will be primarily kept on the Emp ring and not farthest from the faction they were taken from. This allows for easier conflict by making scrolls appear more attainable to other players.
    b. Tri keep caps are allowed long enough to get a scroll. Then off limits. Prevents players from entering and leaving right away.
    c. Discourage the 2 stronger factions attacking weaker 1. This often causes a faction’s morale to collapse and leads to the strongest faction dominating the map once the weakest leaves.
    d. If your faction has emp, do not keep the towns capped. Allowing freedom to deathport and push will ensure incoming players don’t feel trapped and can find fights faster.
    e. In the event one faction is out of control the appropriate alliance is will be formed: Purple, Orange, Green until the stronger faction violating the guidelines ceases and desists.
    1) Typically faction’s will demand retribution for such flagrant gameplay (home keep camping), but all that are a part of this should restrict themselves and their guilds from retribution since it will cause the health of the campaign to deteriorate further.
    2) Alliances exist as long as it takes to achieve balance.
    f. Discourage hate tells (hard for me sometimes, let’s be real). Encourage the terrible players in zone chat... because as bad they may be, they are the only way we can reach the Shor we desire.
    4. Look into finding players in each faction that will recruit pugs to come to shor. There is more we can do with this if we want to be creative.
    5. All types of gameplay, zerging or small scale, is fair game. Only time something’s changes between those in guild is when Alliances are forced.
    6. Lobby guilds from outside of shor (1 from each faction) to pick 1 night a week to play shor and try to get a schedule to populate the campaign for consistently.

Let me know your thoughts. These are working ideas. Let’s identify guilds willing to take part.

I cannot see any of this having a negative effect and I agree with what Corvette is saying about being of no use to the other factions. If some of us want to focus on a particular character on a particular faction, or are just for whatever reason bound to one faction, that should not prevent their participation in this guild. Unfortunately, it seems like the worst possible, I will not be online for the next few days and cannot be of much help. Drizzt, my discord name is the same as forum username--please send me a message so we can get in touch.
  • nryerson1025
    nryerson1025
    ✭✭✭✭
    pzschrek wrote: »
    Shor Sherriffs
    Sure Share Shor
    Shor Schmucks

...I’ll see myself out

may i suggest a combo of two of these:

Share Shor Schmucks
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @BaylorCorvette all the best farming DC pugs. I couldn’t stand being on DC tonight, what a disaster. 3 bars of DC all stacked on crown getting farmed, and I’m lucky if one more person showed up anywhere else. I hope this was an off night for blue team, embarrassing. Our zone was quiet except for one guy who kept getting pissed at me for trying to get some help defending before the dethrone lol. I’m like we have three *** bars lol, shouldn’t have to use everyone to do one job. But alas they probably needed more. My bad if I got a bit salty at your buddy Han, it was just frustrating af playing tonight.
    Edited by Vapirko on December 29, 2018 3:55AM
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    @BaylorCorvette all the best farming DC pugs. I couldn’t stand being on DC tonight, what a disaster. 3 bars of DC all stacked on crown getting farmed, and I’m lucky if one more person showed up anywhere else. I hope this was an off night for blue team, embarrassing. Our zone was quiet except for one guy who kept getting pissed at me for trying to get some help defending before the dethrone lol. I’m like we have three *** bars lol, shouldn’t have to use everyone to do one job. But alas they probably needed more. My bad if I got a bit salty at your buddy Han, it was just frustrating af playing tonight.

I dont think you must have been at some of those fights. No one there really cared about Shor other than the emp. Think I saw the back and forth in zone chat when EP was at the last emp keep. Someone wanting to back seat drive the groups to go "support EP" when they best were supported by not getting in their way similar to what they did earlier trying to backdoor. And the guy getting mad was the one leading the group that actually did most the work on the dethrone including the 2nd to last emp keep.

Anyway; Baylor has a nice group there and doubt they'd complain. No need to knock my temperance batteries. They saved me numerous times just by being there on the ground, and a couple times I wish I had them sooner.

You can now go back to your scheduled programming of Shor being yellow, with a yellow emp with all scrolls. Until next time when you can complain about how someone turns the tide a little bit for you.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

I dont think you must have been at some of those fights. No one there really cared about Shor other than the emp. Think I saw the back and forth in zone chat when EP was at the last emp keep. Someone wanting to back seat drive the groups to go "support EP" when they best were supported by not getting in their way similar to what they did earlier trying to backdoor. And the guy getting mad was the one leading the group that actually did most the work on the dethrone including the 2nd to last emp keep.

Anyway; Baylor has a nice group there and doubt they'd complain. No need to knock my temperance batteries. They saved me numerous times just by being there on the ground, and a couple times I wish I had them sooner.

You can now go back to your scheduled programming of Shor being yellow, with a yellow emp with all scrolls. Until next time when you can complain about how someone turns the tide a little bit for you.

@technohic you’re AD? I’m not sure what you’re talking about, I’m on DC if that wasn’t apparent. It was just a messy night for DC. All I saw was a bunch of people stacking on crown being mowed down, almost no coordination in zone primarily because no DC were doing anything but being farmed. And it’s all well and good to focus on the dethrone, but if Glade is lost then you’re really cut off and it is worth a defense, especially in the rare case that EP is also pushing a dethrone. And we did have 3 bars vs AD 2 and there were a LOT of DC stacked on Baylor’s group. What should have been enough for a bit of defense. Anyway didn’t mean to upset you. I was just genuinely surprised at the lack of coordination and any suggestions to help outside of stacking on crown were met with angry comments. So, I left. It’s all good.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@technohic you’re AD? I’m not sure what you’re talking about, I’m on DC if that wasn’t apparent. It was just a messy night for DC. All I saw was a bunch of people stacking on crown being mowed down, almost no coordination in zone primarily because no DC were doing anything but being farmed. And it’s all well and good to focus on the dethrone, but if Glade is lost then you’re really cut off and it is worth a defense, especially in the rare case that EP is also pushing a dethrone. And we did have 3 bars vs AD 2 and there were a LOT of DC stacked on Baylor’s group. What should have been enough for a bit of defense. Anyway didn’t mean to upset you. I was just genuinely surprised at the lack of coordination and any suggestions to help outside of stacking on crown were met with angry comments. So, I left. It’s all good.

DC.

I dont recall a fight for Glade. Warden was captured but had very little value with no scrolls so didn't bother there until on the way out. Maybe there was a fight I missed but I was with probably the largest group running. It wasnt pugs but was a lot of PvEers. It's like herding cats through a dog kennel so very frustrating for the guy leading I bet. I would be if it were me doing it. Even not, trying to keep them up and resed was enough. And that's the only guy I saw get somewhat snippy in chat after just taking Ash then someone else trying to be a zone chat leader. Maybe it wasnt directed at them and was toward a different group and was a misunderstanding.

At any rate; I have a feeling Baylor had a decent night ulti dumping any large group.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

DC.

I dont recall a fight for Glade. Warden was captured but had very little value with no scrolls so didn't bother there until on the way out. Maybe there was a fight I missed but I was with probably the largest group running. It wasnt pugs but was a lot of PvEers. It's like herding cats through a dog kennel so very frustrating for the guy leading I bet. I would be if it were me doing it. Even not, trying to keep them up and resed was enough. And that's the only guy I saw get somewhat snippy in chat after just taking Ash then someone else trying to be a zone chat leader. Maybe it wasnt directed at them and was toward a different group and was a misunderstanding.

At any rate; I have a feeling Baylor had a decent night ulti dumping any large group.

Hmm, I think we’re talking about slightly different times. I was just asking for a few people to slow down tri keep takes, since it’s so hard to launch an offensive if people have to ride all the way from rayles. Usually a few solo players or small groups who aren’t with the main group are around anyway, and come to help. Just wasn’t the case today.
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Vapirko @technohic Rajin and I played ep and facilitated your tri keep caps and farther push out. We 2 man cut nikel, cut resources, guarded front doors when you all were sieging inner and encouraged ep to focus ad.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Vapirko @technohic Rajin and I played ep and facilitated your tri keep caps and farther push out. We 2 man cut nikel, cut resources, guarded front doors when you all were sieging inner and encouraged ep to focus ad.

I was wondering why EP wasn’t hitting Ales/Dragon Claw.
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We were so happy to see both EP and DC pushing hard on the AD side of the map. There's nothing more disappointing for our group than to see AD doing well lol..

I'm just now making the connection that was you chatting to me in game. I didn't make the connection because I know you here through your screen name. At any rate no worries man I don't think myself or Han were taking any offense.

and you would be right lol, Kill Counter Report Kills: 551 | Deaths: 6 | Streak: 107 | KDR: 91.83 | Ap Gained: 356253 | Death Streak: 0

had really great fights on Shor and Vivec tonight. This was our largest Friday night group topping out at 8 at peak. I'm really not a fan of running more than 6-7 for our Friday night run but between a huge DC group in Shor until about 10:15 CST and then fighting in Vivec there was no shortage of people to fight.
    there were a LOT of DC stacked on Baylor’s group.
    That's no joke!! I'll put together a video tomorrow but my goodness we were fighting a LOT for a long time.

Anyways, glad to see DC fielding huge numbers in Shor even if it is only a couple hours.
    DC Zerg Busting
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Went into Shor last night. Made it my guest server. 3 bars AD, 2 DC, EP.

I have no clue where these ppl were. Only thing I saw was about 10 AD at sej and nobody seemed to care to defend.

Ppl sat inside the outpost while ad was outside and wouldn't fight. Except from the walls.

AD took sej, I asked in zone if it's mostly pvdoor? Got no replies confirming or denying. So, I left and went back to vivec.

Wouldn I come back, probably. Would I make Shor my.home camp, probably not.
    Edited by MajBludd on December 29, 2018 11:44AM
  • pzschrek
    pzschrek
    ✭✭✭✭
    MajBludd wrote: »

I have no clue where these ppl were.

I’m glad people had fun last night sounds like, but this has been my experience generally in Shor for a very long time. 2 bars across the board and where is everyone. Or else there’s too many on just one faction. They’re not in IC either. I’ve been interested in the idea of shor but one way or another it never seems to work out.

Edited by pzschrek on December 29, 2018 2:15PM
    “The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.”
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pzschrek wrote: »
    MajBludd wrote: »

I have no clue where these ppl were.

This has been my experience generally in Shor for a very long time. They’re not in IC either.

Since Shor is usually empty I think we get a lot of PvErs doing stuff.
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So it is a dead camp if it's mostly pver's doing quests.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I was wondering why Rajin wasn't EMP. The person that was kept popping out in front of 40 players trying to face tank while they were all happy to get the achievement.