Shor PC/NA "Official" Discussion

• SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    @technohic fIgHt mE iRl, iM a ScRaWnY aNWeeee iMmAtUrE aDoLescNt rEeeeEeeeEeee.

Make salt, get mined for salt... salt, but leave it where it happened. Damn.
    Options
  • Sylphie
    Sylphie
    ✭✭✭
    Shor was pretty fun during MYM.

https://youtu.be/pPQEYTgDaio
    @Curie
    Làin - MagDK
    1vX and outnumbered pvp compliations - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0gPPFOdjYCuyuuog7QcjJg
    Options
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Sylphie Good to see you playing again and wrecking folks, wings with snare removal are pretty great eh? And Baccano is one of my favorite shows ;}
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Miralys, AD Magsorc, AR 35
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
    Options
  • Sylphie
    Sylphie
    ✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    @Sylphie Good to see you playing again and wrecking folks, wings with snare removal are pretty great eh? And Baccano is one of my favorite shows ;}

Thanks Kartalin, the snare removal really has upped my kite game. Baccano was a great show, loved the soundtrack for it.
    @Curie
    Làin - MagDK
    1vX and outnumbered pvp compliations - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0gPPFOdjYCuyuuog7QcjJg
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @BaylorCorvette LOL Dont know if you were there but it was at least your team. We blew open the front door to Ash and the party leader gathered everyone to the side and started giving a long list of directions which none of us could hear as Discord was on the fritz all night but I caught a couple bits to those of us who PvP regularly to do something different than the rest, but while he was trying to do it all, you all jumped off the wall right on us. I was like "uhh, guys. They are dropping down." and the next thing I know they were all dead. lol

I think there was some frustration but I thought it was hilarious! I dont envy the guys that try to lead groups. Especially very large, unruly ones. It's just a game though so I imagine it was even more hilarious to do the bombing.
    Options
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    @BaylorCorvette LOL Dont know if you were there but it was at least your team. We blew open the front door to Ash and the party leader gathered everyone to the side and started giving a long list of directions which none of us could hear as Discord was on the fritz all night but I caught a couple bits to those of us who PvP regularly to do something different than the rest, but while he was trying to do it all, you all jumped off the wall right on us. I was like "uhh, guys. They are dropping down." and the next thing I know they were all dead. lol

I think there was some frustration but I thought it was hilarious! I dont envy the guys that try to lead groups. Especially very large, unruly ones. It's just a game though so I imagine it was even more hilarious to do the bombing.

haha yeah man I was leading the group. It was freaking hilarious. The video of us all laughing is great we were surprised how tight everyone was. One of our guys suggested to just go on top and drop down on the DC stack which fit nicely into a Permafrost and Negate. I'll edit the video later :)

Good fights though but that was single single handedly one of the funniest PvP moments I've had in this game. But I also get trying to lead a very large group (I lead one on Mondays) it can be very difficult. We always enjoy fighting the HUGE Vanquish groups. The sheer numbers provide a real challenge I hope you pass that on to whomever leads the group. Yall siege down things quickly!
    Supreme Leader Corvette - StamSorc
    Founder of Dominion Special Forces
    YouTube - ESO & Automotive Racing
    DC Zerg Busting
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

haha yeah man I was leading the group. It was freaking hilarious. The video of us all laughing is great we were surprised how tight everyone was. One of our guys suggested to just go on top and drop down on the DC stack which fit nicely into a Permafrost and Negate. I'll edit the video later :)

Good fights though but that was single single handedly one of the funniest PvP moments I've had in this game. But I also get trying to lead a very large group (I lead one on Mondays) it can be very difficult. We always enjoy fighting the HUGE Vanquish groups. The sheer numbers provide a real challenge I hope you pass that on to whomever leads the group. Yall siege down things quickly!

Yeah through the week we run more "serious" pvp where we want players with max speed mounts and have to be geared for PvP. It was 3-8 of us most of the time but it seems we're getting more people interested in the guild.

Friday nights are "come as you are" and I think some of them are getting a little better. I have a lot of respect for the guy that keeps leading that as we clearly wipe more with a huge group. Draw a lot more attention, VD procs start showing up in death recaps, and it takes more time to get them to fall back and regroup. I died a few times just trying to cover some slower players heading in. But they are listening better each time.

Maybe they listened to well and stacked right up on crown there to prepare to push the breech. Lol
    Edited by technohic on January 26, 2019 2:29PM
    Options
  • Dominion_Nightblade
    I enjoy getting really high and running around shor, while behind enemy lines, and take resources right before the score tick. It makes me feel like a special operative :) Doing my own imaginary solo missions is really fun. AD for life. Lol, im a pleb :P
    Options
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe they listened to well and stacked right up on crown there to prepare to push the breech. Lol

It was certainly a nice cluster! lol. Here's the video from Friday, the specific one you're talking about is at 3:01

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTt81QrTlBs&index=2&list=PLnUtPt0XUIjTsRh9458RefyALdLAiPB5o&t=146s
    DC Zerg Busting
    Options
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It was certainly a nice cluster! lol. Here's the video from Friday, the specific one you're talking about is at 3:01

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTt81QrTlBs&index=2&list=PLnUtPt0XUIjTsRh9458RefyALdLAiPB5o&t=146s

Epic drop. That was awesome.
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol That was me running away right after. Was going to run in and ran right into that little stick in the way.

Its interesting to see the other perspective. That first 1 I didn't realize how many didn't actually go through the breech at all. I was inside to you right fighting some yellow fever (i think) guys. The drop down from the top looked about the same other than it looked like someone else saw but probably mad at me for running that direction where they were unsuccessfully sneaking. ( on my phone so cant really see who) I'm not sure when that 3rd part was.
    Options
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

Epic drop. That was awesome.

Thanks. I figured once I made the call it was going to result in one group wiping, just wasn't sure which one it would be yet lol.

I'm not sure when that 3rd part was.

Third and last fight was actually from Midyear Mayhem but figured I'd include it.
    DC Zerg Busting
    Options
  • machinestatic
    machinestatic
    Soul Shriven
    *gives forum thread CPR*
    Options
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *gives forum thread CPR*

I miss the event pop throughout the day minus prime time. Sadly I don’t know that Shor will ever be revived barring ZOS cutting the number of campaigns way down. I kind of think they should restructure. I’d say maybe keep Vivec for now and then do on 7 day CP and one 7 day no CP both faction locked for the campaign duration or something as a lot of people have been requesting it. We just don’t need four campaigns plus Kyne. And next patch the IC will be a separate campaign as well. There’s nowhere near the pop for all this. But since I play off hours it just doesn’t make sense to play in Shor anymore except on very rare occasions. It’s either a few blues holding the map, and after a fight or two any reds or yellows just leave, or a certain notorious yellow group (led by a person whose name is described by a colored water craft) is mini zerging to tri keeps and I might be the only DC on.
    Options
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I miss the event pop throughout the day minus prime time. Sadly I don’t know that Shor will ever be revived barring ZOS cutting the number of campaigns way down. I kind of think they should restructure. I’d say maybe keep Vivec for now and then do on 7 day CP and one 7 day no CP both faction locked for the campaign duration or something as a lot of people have been requesting it. We just don’t need four campaigns plus Kyne. And next patch the IC will be a separate campaign as well. There’s nowhere near the pop for all this. But since I play off hours it just doesn’t make sense to play in Shor anymore except on very rare occasions. It’s either a few blues holding the map, and after a fight or two any reds or yellows just leave, or a certain notorious yellow group

It's a difficult call to make on what to do with the campaigns. Really the number of campaigns they currently have makes the most sense.

1 Campaign for under 50 which can be used by newbies (or people to abuse the n00bs)
    1 Campaign for people that don't like CP
    2 Campaigns for CP.

The problem is the two CP campaigns are dramatically disproportionate in terms of population. When Shor is really dead or depending on what group I'm in, we will venture into Vivec. For a ~3-4 hour window during "prime time" the server has such terrible quality. So much ability delay and lag. I really do not understand why people play in Vivec when there is a perfectly fine CP campaign that has no issues what so ever. I know there are a few people that say they play Vivec because it is a full 30 day campaign but I feel like that is a very small minority where that is a driving factor. What ZoS should do is rename the campaigns and make both Vivec and Shor 30 day campaigns. That way, objectively speaking there is no difference. Perhaps ZoS also adjusts the population limit on both campaigns too, forcing the two campaigns to equalize.

I feel like if we took the total population of Vivec and Shor, and added them together and then divided them in half and put one in Vivec and one in Shor, they performance would be much better and there would be plenty of fights still for small scale groups and ball groups.
    (led by a person whose name is described by a colored water craft)

LOL
    DC Zerg Busting
    Options
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the current server arrangement is pretty perfect for the imperfect world of ESO--you're always going to have one server choked to the gills because people want to play the "main" server and usually either Sotha or Shor is also pretty active--there isn't quite enough pop to keep them both moving at a good clip consistently outside of the weekends, but if you eliminated one of them, then on those Friday/Saturday nights you'd just be looking at 2 Vivecs...
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lower cap and dynamic faction pop with 2 30 day CP sharing the scoring would be cool by me.

As I said before; small group nights for Vanquish is ran on Vivec through the week. I'd like to try doing Shor those nights but generally people don't want to as all it takes is one big raid to show up on one side and push the map and people are starting out from the gate. Ironic though; that we run a huge raid on Friday nights in Shor and it might be the least PvP feeling I think I have all week, but I just try to be patient and enjoy drinking with them all in Discord.Not going to even run my mains tonight because the group is so big, not like you really do much. Just going to try a little cheese with my whine tonight.
    Edited by technohic on February 1, 2019 9:32PM
    Options
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lower cap and dynamic faction pop with 2 30 day CP sharing the scoring would be cool by me.

As I said before; small group nights for Vanquish is ran on Vivec through the week. I'd like to try doing Shor those nights but generally people don't want to as all it takes is one big raid to show up on one side and push the map and people are starting out from the gate. Ironic though; that we run a huge raid on Friday nights in Shor and it might be the least PvP feeling I think I have all week, but I just try to be patient and enjoy drinking with them all in Discord.Not going to even run my mains tonight because the group is so big, not like you really do much. Just going to try a little cheese with my whine tonight.

I guess we will just wait and see what’s in store for Elsweyr as I assume that’s when big changes will be made with the IC. Or maybe they’re planning a PvP only DLC release this year? If they can successfully implement a dynamic cap that might help. The population bars are odd. A solid two bars feels really good, then one faction gets three and suddenly they’ve got two full zergs hitting different spots. It would be better to have a more accurate counter and keep it even. But idk if overflow people would just log out/wait or if they would go to Shor. We already know from the event complaints that people would rather wait in an hour long queue/not play at all, than go to Shor for whatever misguided reason. They complaint about leaderboards but obviously if they don’t play at all that doesn’t help either.
    Edited by Vapirko on February 2, 2019 2:59AM
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol I ran a Sorc healer tonight, with trans and earth gore. Some still died so fast I dont know how they manage. Must have 0 crit resist. Others lived, but hit like a wet noodle. Overall, I think we stayed together a little better for the most part. Was a hell of a long fight there at Ales though.
    Options
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol I ran a Sorc healer tonight, with trans and earth gore. Some still died so fast I dont know how they manage. Must have 0 crit resist. Others lived, but hit like a wet noodle. Overall, I think we stayed together a little better for the most part. Was a hell of a long fight there at Ales though.

Yeah y'all seemed a lot better organized. The Aleswell fight was awesome. It changed all three factions hands in like a 15 minute period before finally returning to DC.

Here's some video footage from Friday, if you has forward to 1:50 it's the Aleswell fights. I had like 15-20 mins more footage there but a lot of it was us just kiting around the keep and fighting where we could. I think we made probably 8-10 laps lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5zwpaApNgw&list=PLnUtPt0XUIjTsRh9458RefyALdLAiPB5o&t=65s&index=3

Edited by BaylorCorvette on February 4, 2019 3:54PM
    DC Zerg Busting
    Options
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @BaylorCorvette our wish came true, orcs looking real good next patch. Not to mention the buff to CP modifiers. If you were wearing bone pirates or hulking as an orc, I think we might even see a max stamina buff over live. Can’t wait to jump on PTS and have a look.
    Options
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @BaylorCorvette our wish came true, orcs looking real good next patch. Not to mention the buff to CP modifiers. If you were wearing bone pirates or hulking as an orc, I think we might even see a max stamina buff over live. Can’t wait to jump on PTS and have a look.

Yes sir! Orcs looking super solid! Also I feel you're right, now that CP amp will effect 5 piece bonus, Hulking and even Bone Pirate looking real good.

The ONLY thing I don't like on the Orc new passives is the 600 heal every 4 seconds. With battle spirit, a 300 heal every 4 seconds is dog sh!t. Would much rather have it be the stam return than the heal but I suppose if we had that too it would be a bit OP of a race. But Orc IS master race after all ;)
    DC Zerg Busting
    Options
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes sir! Orcs looking super solid! Also I feel you're right, now that CP amp will effect 5 piece bonus, Hulking and even Bone Pirate looking real good.

The ONLY thing I don't like on the Orc new passives is the 600 heal every 4 seconds. With battle spirit, a 300 heal every 4 seconds is dog sh!t. Would much rather have it be the stam return than the heal but I suppose if we had that too it would be a bit OP of a race. But Orc IS master race after all ;)

Even id have to admit that if they got Stam return also it would be OP. I’m gonna take what we got and happily be on my way. I’m gonna try and get on PTS later and see how it all works out. It’s not just 5th piece bonuses but food and racial passives as well I beleive.
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been running in khajiit on my stamplar and NB. Will be getting a buff and easily be able to switch between mag and stam. Should be able to leave 3 tokens for the other 3 classes. Dont think I'll change the DK from dunmer, and will need to see if I can replace shackle breaker on my alter sorc for more magicka or if I want him to be a race that can easily swap as well. Still have to finish leveling my orc warden to have any idea.
    Options
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been running in khajiit on my stamplar and NB. Will be getting a buff and easily be able to switch between mag and stam. Should be able to leave 3 tokens for the other 3 classes. Dont think I'll change the DK from dunmer, and will need to see if I can replace shackle breaker on my alter sorc for more magicka or if I want him to be a race that can easily swap as well. Still have to finish leveling my orc warden to have any idea.

The redguard snare reduction is gonna synergize well with warden. But there’s no doubt orc is looking real good, that’s if people don’t start complaining, which they have been a little already.
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The redguard snare reduction is gonna synergize well with warden. But there’s no doubt orc is looking real good, that’s if people don’t start complaining, which they have been a little already.

I kind of hate the PTS notes after a while because we have what? 3 different posts to the racial passive plans from the Devs? There is no complete list until it goes live but people will read just part of 1 thread and blow up without testing. I'm guilty as well in this racial change thing going on. They have done some changes to calculations in general to where its best to go look on the PTS; I just wish character copies were more recent to compare live and PTS.
    Options
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I kind of hate the PTS notes after a while because we have what? 3 different posts to the racial passive plans from the Devs? There is no complete list until it goes live but people will read just part of 1 thread and blow up without testing. I'm guilty as well in this racial change thing going on. They have done some changes to calculations in general to where its best to go look on the PTS; I just wish character copies were more recent to compare live and PTS.

Yup I agree. Which is why I put this together. Passives as of week 3 PTS cycle.

2z8x3cg.png
    DC Zerg Busting
    Options
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yup I agree. Which is why I put this together. Passives as of week 3 PTS cycle.

2z8x3cg.png

Woodelves now get 10% move speed and 1500 penetration for 3 seconds.
    Options
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Woodelves now get 10% move speed and 1500 penetration for 3 seconds.

Thanks. fixed.

2nl4irr.png
    Edited by BaylorCorvette on February 5, 2019 4:51PM
    DC Zerg Busting
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The way Vivec has been, I'm about ready to flip to shor whether friends come or not. It's awful and you got a guild bragging about stacking 86 and aiming for over 100. I thought we were bad and bored when at almost 40. I mean, you get much more than 5 and you start having to worry about soft targets for VD proccing on you while not really being able to use your abilities because things just die. I dont get the thrill
    Edited by technohic on February 6, 2019 6:07PM
    Options