Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cyrodiil's End: You win Zos

• gp1680
    gp1680
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil performance has been bad now for a couple of years. Countless forum posts, service tickets, and diminishing PVP players is all we have to show for it. ZOS has completely abandoned it and now the devs don’t even have the guts to talk about it. In fact, they do everything they can to dodge the issue. But HEY!!! The clown store works flawlessly!!!!!
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I started playing BGs only and now when I step in Cyro I just cannot stand it anymore. Laggy and zergy all the time.
    Luckily I spent enough time in large scale so I am not interested anymore.
    Because I can!
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They can't fix it, be it money not being allocated to it or its not possible physically because it will break far more than it will fix.

Ask yourself why would a company not fix a feature to their product if they had the means?

If I build a deck for you and there is a problem with it, I'll fix it because I want you to remain a customer.

There is only one outcome if you blow off customers, never answer their questions, and don't fix any issues they have.

Hell, I linked an old thread from Rich Lambert from 2017 about cyro being a priority.

Have they given any updates since he made that post? Not that I've seen.
  • Jakx
    Jakx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea that's pretty atrocious. Cyrodiil, the priority lol. I'm guessing ZOS is eating their hats on that statement but theres only one way forward at this point. Making the thread to end all Cyrodiil threads. I'm determined to keep this visible and recurring. It comes from a place of pure passion that I want to see this game succeed. Its time though that we get answers pertaining to Cyrodiil performance. Even if its just telling the playerbase that its unfixable. At least I want to know where we stand. The passion comes from seeing the potential. The discontentment comes from watching them waste it.
    Joined September 2013
  • Lord_Wrath
    Lord_Wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I unsubbed because money is obviously not going into server performance AND Zos willingly ignores this and many other issues on these here forums, remaining silent. I might as well be on the phone with Centurylink....
    1300+ CP | Lørd Wrath | - Sorcerer - Palatine - Grand Master Crafter - 30000 Achievement Points
    Launch Player - PC - NA - EP
  • Salvas_Aren
    Salvas_Aren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MajBludd wrote: »
    They can't fix it, be it money not being allocated to it or its not possible physically because it will break far more than it will fix.

Ask yourself why would a company not fix a feature to their product if they had the means?

If I build a deck for you and there is a problem with it, I'll fix it because I want you to remain a customer.

There is only one outcome if you blow off customers, never answer their questions, and don't fix any issues they have.

Hell, I linked an old thread from Rich Lambert from 2017 about cyro being a priority.

Have they given any updates since he made that post? Not that I've seen.

Constructing a scenario where you are evil: Your customer cannot afford another one of your products or is unlikely to buy another one for any reason. He hasn't got the funds or the legal means to sue you for bad performance. So keeping him angry is cheaper than fixing it.

ZOS will not fix things as long as people spend clowns for fancy or unwrap a bunch of lawyers.

Why fear the horde when it behaves like a herd? >:)
    Edited by Salvas_Aren on December 29, 2018 3:46PM
  • Shardaxx
    Shardaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shardaxx wrote: »
    The game simply can't handle the number of players in a busy campaign. Once you get close to the action, people have disconnects or it lags so bad its unplayable. ZOS should reduce the max number of players in the campaigns, and add more campaigns to spread the player base out a bit.

While this could be one of the reasons, I found that lately, playing with less addons has improved the stability for me. Sometimes I still have a (little) bit of lag, but disconnects are far and few between now.

I'm on PS4 so no add-ons here. A fast internet connection helps, I rarely crash as some others do but everybody lags when its busy, and long loading times are pretty common.
    PS4 - Europe - Shardaxx - Wood Elf Nightblade - Aldmeri Dominion
  • Hoolielulu
    Hoolielulu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The game simply can't handle the number of players in a busy campaign. Once you get close to the action, people have disconnects or it lags so bad its unplayable. ZOS should reduce the max number of players in the campaigns, and add more campaigns to spread the player base out a bit.

While this could be one of the reasons, I found that lately, playing with less addons has improved the stability for me. Sometimes I still have a (little) bit of lag, but disconnects are far and few between now.

I'm on PS4 so no add-ons here. A fast internet connection helps, I rarely crash as some others do but everybody lags when its busy, and long loading times are pretty common.

PS4 here too. I have good days and really, really bad days. Last Sunday there were load screens in the middle of stealing a scroll, two crashes and skipping visuals during keep battles. Guildies randomly dropped off our group list. It was bonkers. Thankfully days like that are rare.
  • Jakx
    Jakx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cant even imagine consoles. If I were console I'd have quit long ago. This game isn't made for console, thats a straight cash grab. I wonder how much console development held/holds this game back. I get it though, it got them lots of money.
    Joined September 2013
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jakx wrote: »
    Ill add this video by JackDaniells (Kristofer ESO youtube channel). All credit to him. He makes great content for ESO and answers everybody's questions in Twitch but his most recent video that I JUST stumbled across after I made this post highlights exactly what Im talking about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgbaotKCFmQ

Same I experienced in VMA. Not PVP. Its no use dude. Complaining will not make any difference. Sometimes repair worked for me. Sometimes doesn't.
    Edited by Priyasekarssk on December 29, 2018 7:11PM
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't someone once say "spread out". ? Then there was some removal of things with some lower pop caps . Recently some change to the UI to turn stuff off an that didn't work .. Then Wheeler said somethings amazing coming soon an still with the lag .

When will developers learn Lag always wins ?
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Great analogy. Lets say you started out as a contractor building decks. You put tons of hard effort getting your licence, learning safety requirements, building codes. One bad online review could ruin your business. There are plenty of other contractors out there hungry for work but your good customer service gives you an edge. So you work hard to keep your customers pleased and interact with them personally. You only build one deck at a time.

This is about as far from ZOS's business model as you can get.

ZOS has very little direct competition, more customers than they can possible ever interact with personally, they can make more money selling a fake glowing horse than they can from an entire DLC. PvP isn't monetized for them, so it's not incentivized. Some evil marketer probably told them that PvE people have better KPIs, Daily logins, etc. Basically PvE payers are better than PvP players. So ZOS is chasing the money because marketing.

Look. PvP worked fine at one time. So if it worked then, its fixable now. ZOS is UNWILLING to do whatever it takes to fix PvP because they are driven by a very narrow focused group of people that are worse than molag bal cultists: Marketers.

Here let Steve Jobs explain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjvgpumG2mg
    The last line of that got cut off but its the most important.

"They have no feeling in their hearts really about wanting to help the customers"
    Because its not about customers. Its about sales numbers, Key performance indicators, Daily logins. Not the guy who's skills don't work in PvP.

And here was what PvP used to look like before ZOS ruined it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUzFW0Y11BM

No lag. More people online than they can handle now.

Edited by Yolokin_Swagonborn on December 29, 2018 7:43PM
  • OFFL1MIT
    OFFL1MIT
    ✭✭✭
    I hope after new year they will announce of making new engine, because this is radicilous . This have been for far too long, game have never been flawless, lag always been here, even when It was in beta. I wouldnt say it's worse, but it's not getting better. This is competitive game, it's shame at what state this is...
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil's End
    Salty Tears style

2pc: Increase Ping by 833
    3pc: Increase Load Screen Time by 20% and increase likelihood of Load Screen in battle by 50%
    4pc: Increase Lag by 129
    5pc: Causes Blue Screen within 250m of a conflict. Increase chance of Rage Quit by 100%.

I have to humor myself because it's just so sad that this is the situation more often than not.
    Argonian forever
  • Jakx
    Jakx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thread title got its name because they might as well delete Cyrodiil at this point. Its unplayable with the lag and then even if you try to play you have the combat bug. Its a sick joke really and its doing a pretty great job at alienating pvp'ers. So not to be hyperbolic but they honestly might as well turn off Cyrodiil.
    Joined September 2013
  • Hoolielulu
    Hoolielulu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Great analogy. Lets say you started out as a contractor building decks. You put tons of hard effort getting your licence, learning safety requirements, building codes. One bad online review could ruin your business. There are plenty of other contractors out there hungry for work but your good customer service gives you an edge. So you work hard to keep your customers pleased and interact with them personally. You only build one deck at a time.

This is about as far from ZOS's business model as you can get.

ZOS has very little direct competition, more customers than they can possible ever interact with personally, they can make more money selling a fake glowing horse than they can from an entire DLC. PvP isn't monetized for them, so it's not incentivized. Some evil marketer probably told them that PvE people have better KPIs, Daily logins, etc. Basically PvE payers are better than PvP players. So ZOS is chasing the money because marketing.

Look. PvP worked fine at one time. So if it worked then, its fixable now. ZOS is UNWILLING to do whatever it takes to fix PvP because they are driven by a very narrow focused group of people that are worse than molag bal cultists: Marketers.

Here let Steve Jobs explain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjvgpumG2mg
    The last line of that got cut off but its the most important.

"They have no feeling in their hearts really about wanting to help the customers"
    Because its not about customers. Its about sales numbers, Key performance indicators, Daily logins. Not the guy who's skills don't work in PvP.

That's beautiful.
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    If only there was another CP campaign we could play in that wasn’t overpopulated and laggy... SHORly they made one, but unSHOR if they did... it would be awfully SHORtsighted of ZOS to not have provided another campaign.

• Shardaxx
    Shardaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You're right it was like that on console too in the early days, loads going on and no lag. Then after a patch about 2-3 years ago it all went wrong, and its never been right since.
    Edited by Shardaxx on December 30, 2018 2:07AM
  • mayasunrising
    mayasunrising
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with what Jakx is saying in his vid, but even worse are bugs like the stuck in combat bug which keeps pvpers from being able to muster proper offenses/defenses, swap skills to prepare for actions, or even just mount. Like Jakx I've just come to expect lag, but this other nonsense? It just needs to be fixed already. It's been months.
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anaïs Nin

“There’s a difference between wanting to be looked at and wanting to be seen." Amanda Palmer

“A game is an opportunity to focus our energy, with relentless optimism, at something we’re good at (or getting better at) and enjoy. In other words, gameplay is the direct emotional opposite of depression.” Jane McGonigal

“They'll tell you you're too loud, that you need to wait your turn and ask the right people for permission. Do it anyway." Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
  • Jakx
    Jakx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If only there was another CP campaign we could play in that wasn’t overpopulated and laggy... SHORly they made one, but unSHOR if they did... it would be awfully SHORtsighted of ZOS to not have provided another campaign.

7 day campaigns dont reward 50 transmute stones. Also its a self-fulfilling deal. Nobody wants to play in a dead campaign so Vivec just keeps getting more populated. However, that shouldnt matter much considering they do have pop caps. As pointed out the game used to run just fine. Now it doesnt. They screwed it up, dont acknowledge it anymore, and I guess that's just the end of it?

No more. Will be keeping this thread bumped and visible for a long time.
    Joined September 2013
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They don't care. The silence from ZO$ has said enough. Cancel your plus, they only pay attention to $$
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You're right it was like that on console too in the early days, loads going on and no lag. Then after a patch about 2-3 years ago it all went wrong, and its never been right since.

Interestingly, as a PvEer I recall PvPers moaning about the performance continuously since 2014 (possibly in beta too, I wasn't in it) - I'm not convinced that the halcyon age ever truly existed!
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Koolio had some well constructed posts about performance and bugs and there were no replies to them :disappointed:
  • Jakx
    Jakx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    D0PAMINE wrote: »
    @Koolio had some well constructed posts about performance and bugs and there were no replies to them :disappointed:

I say you get them copied into this post.

I mean theyre just ruining pvp anymore. A side effect of the servers being complete garbage and combat bug abound, it has caused tank builds to continue to get ever more popular. You cant build for speed and agility in a laggy environment so everyone has to get on the tank meta to deal with the lag.
    Joined September 2013
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ill add this video by JackDaniells (Kristofer ESO youtube channel). All credit to him. He makes great content for ESO and answers everybody's questions in Twitch but his most recent video that I JUST stumbled across after I made this post highlights exactly what Im talking about.

Thanks for the vid link.
    I'd never seen him before, and really appreciated his info and delivery.
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.
  • jrgray93
    jrgray93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was fighting a good player yesterday. Stamden vs my magplar. It was a great fight. Or it would have been if anyone could land abilities reliably. Two second delay between action and reaction. It was awful. It was completely unplayable. I logged out.
    EP: Slania Isara : Harambe Was an Inside Job
  • Jakx
    Jakx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    twev wrote: »

Thanks for the vid link.
    I'd never seen him before, and really appreciated his info and delivery.

Yea hes a real chill guy, Canadians eh, and puts out great content.
    Joined September 2013
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »

Interestingly, as a PvEer I recall PvPers moaning about the performance continuously since 2014 (possibly in beta too, I wasn't in it) - I'm not convinced that the halcyon age ever truly existed!

If things arent perfect people will always complain but there is no comparison to a couple years ago and now. And you may be right about that, but there 100% were times in the past when cyrodil performance was fine for a long time.. Since morrowind Its only gotten worse, never better. I didnt play in the beta. I dont know how bad it was then. All i know is that the videos i see after launch look good. But thats more like no CP..

Now its just awful.. Ive lost countless friends because of this. Most of the pvp streamers are gone. And playing, for me, comes down to when the server will let me. And look at the number of performance threads and videos over the last couple years. I guarantee there have been way more. Or maybe not videos since so many people have given up, but theres still a lot. And there are multiple new threads every day about this. All that go unanswered. Nothing but silence from zos unless its a pve issue.

Most of my time on ESO is spent on other games hopping back and forth to see how things are. Like right now, for example, im going to log on and hop into shor. It will probably be dead, if not ill play. If it is dead ill go to vivec. And most likely, like every other day, i will get all the issues that appear in that video and quit within the hour. You cannot small scale like that. Theres no point. Even if you are zerging it still must be awful.

• Shardaxx
    Shardaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »

I can assure you it ran really well for the first 6 months or so. Then there was a patch and it was AWFUL for a few months, a few patches later and it got better but never back to how it ran at first. Now we're 3 years on from that and its still never got back to where it was at launch.
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    D0PAMINE wrote: »

I don’t think I’ve gotten ANY response on so many bug posts it’s crazy. I just quit caring just like them