The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Shor PC/NA "Official" Discussion

• Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magden is sweet. I wouldn’t be playing it if it wasn’t. I do miss deep fissure stun, but magden feels dramatically more difficult to solo on than most stam classes do these days.

I run it in pretty much all contexts, but it’s super enjoyable in organized raid as a DPS.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
    Options
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love having a Magden when running 4-7 people. When running dous as a Stam class it's OK, but the class does bring a lot of options.
    Supreme Leader Corvette - StamSorc
    Founder of Dominion Special Forces
    YouTube - ESO & Automotive Racing
    DC Zerg Busting
    Options
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    The damage from a magden is insane. Especially if your doing magic damage yourself. The ape major breach that hits like a truck with aoe slows and heals is awesome.
    Options
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shor discussion dead, cus shor dead.
    Options
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shor discussion dead, cus shor dead.

Yeah it's kinda sad. Vivec is such a dumpster fire for performance during peak time, they really should lower the cap that way more people we go into Shor. Because for an end game player you basically have 3 options:

Vivec - Terrible performance during peak hours, huge zergs.
    Shor - Dead campaign, except for maybe 2-3 hours a night.
    Sotha - I cannot really comment since its been about 3 months since I've been there, but population seemed pretty good then.

I do BGs every now and then when Shor is really dead and Vivec is just a 9 FPS sh!t show, but I much prefer the open world aspect of Cyrodiil. Maybe an answer would be to turn Shor into a Cyrodiil map that is 50% smaller or eliminates the two scroll keeps (reducing the map size and keep size by 6), at least reducing the map size dramatically would force more conflicts.
    Supreme Leader Corvette - StamSorc
    Founder of Dominion Special Forces
    YouTube - ESO & Automotive Racing
    DC Zerg Busting
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I might start mentioning to the people in my guild who PVP more than just Friday nights. We had 6 or 7 the other night which is more than usual on non-zerg Shor night. Usually its around 4

Saw what looked like a red waterfall off a keep wall in Vivec last night coming after us. It was kind of fun but the lag was hell and a 6-7 man could do more than just harrass on Shor.
    Options
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    @BaylorCorvette started a poll about lowering the cap in alliance war. If we lowered the caps and offered a huge reward for people who moved to shor, it would balance it out.
    Options
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you all invest into the exploiter passive even if you’re not running a truth build or something procd by roll dodge?
    Options
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Vapirko no. Not on this hybrid v3 definitely.
    Options
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Vapirko no. Not on this hybrid v3 definitely.

Right, more wondering about pure Stam builds. I know it doesn’t make sense for most magicka/hybrid builds.
    Options
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Vapirko you will inherently get explotiter as stam when you invest cp.
    Options
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had some fun off- hours fights against Raijin as emp. Decently matched numbers of around 8v8. Once we dethroned though it was back to dead. It's really too bad Shor cant sustain a small to medium population throughout the week.
    Options
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just need to get some of these vivec guilds to relocate
    Options
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    1 of each faction needs to form a pact to move to shor together to fight each other.
    Options
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone have any idea how we could generate a population for shor?
    Options
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well as DC continues to ball up 40+ throughout prime time in Sotha I’ve found myself going to Shor a little more often. We had a group of six Friday evening but where we got zerged on Sotha no one would face us with those numbers on Shor. Got some decent 1v1s at least.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
    Options
  • nryerson1025
    nryerson1025
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone have any idea how we could generate a population for shor?

i know how not to. let the same person who killed the campaign for 6months return and do it again hint hint

Options
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    Well as DC continues to ball up 40+ throughout prime time in Sotha I’ve found myself going to Shor a little more often. We had a group of six Friday evening but where we got zerged on Sotha no one would face us with those numbers on Shor. Got some decent 1v1s at least.

Bottom line is, I think, that ZOS has to make some moves to discourage zerging and it’s going to have to be pretty harsh. Certainly capping AP gains at around 12 players per group would be a start. But too often it’s the 12 man groups who by no fault of their own drag in another 12+ pugs. But discouraging 24 man zone and guild groups would be a start. The suggestions are out there it’s up to ZOS to do something about it... unfortunately. One major unfair advantage imo is that big groups can afford to have a rapids spammer which gives major expedition for 30 seconds or whatever, and small scale and solo players can only get 4. I think the one morph of rapids should only be usable while mounted and the other should be knocked down to 4 seconds (the red icon).
    Edited by Vapirko on December 24, 2018 7:40AM
    Options
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    @nryerson1025 Emperor Rajin is the best emp any faction could ask for. AD rally when they see him. DC and EP just need their heroes.
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Think DCs "heroes" are on non CP.
    Options
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    @technohic @nryerson1025 @Kartalin @Vapirko this might seem counter intuitive, but what if we made a guild that would log on to fight itself. Recruited people to it and planned “guild events” to have everyone on at the same time so we can fight each other? I know people might not want to go against their faction, but if we grew it large enough, we could inform guildies what faction they shouldn’t play in the MOTD (when AD is zerging hard or EP has dreadlords in full force or DC has summoned the full power of multipe pug zerg guilds). Thoughts?
    Edited by SkysOutThizeOut on December 26, 2018 9:40PM
    Options
  • nryerson1025
    nryerson1025
    ✭✭✭✭
    @technohic @nryerson1025 @Kartalin @Vapirko this might seem counter intuitive, but what if we made a guild that would log on to fight itself. Recruited people to it and planned “guild events” to have everyone on at the same time so we can fight each other? I know people might not want to go against their faction, but if we grew it large enough, we could inform guildies what faction they shouldn’t play in the MOTD (when AD is zerging hard or EP has dreadlords in full force or DC has summoned the full power of multipe pug zerg guilds). Thoughts?

i am in favor of some sort of tri-faction guild. i think communication among the leaders of each faction--at least those that care about the health of the campaign--could be a major benefit. We obviously fight each other, outnumbered or not, but maybe we encourage policies against, for example, a DC group defending black boot resources. And by encourage policies, I do not mean enforce. A guideline we agree to try to adhere to. I have had great conversations with multiple AD leaders in the past few days and I'm pleased to say the conversations were enlightening, humanizing and respectful. Xero and I called a truce Christmas Eve night because I told him I didn't want to be tired to see my nieces the following morning; Mira gave me phenomenal insight into leadership qualities and strategies and Corvette is a really great guy, someone I hope to call a friend one day. I'll be honest, I didn't think these things before our conversations and I try my best to convey that to those DC around me. Maybe if I'm lucky, I can get to the point where the faction does not want to push AD to the gates and off the campaign because there is a level of respect. Maybe that's idealistic, I don't know.

But regardless of the guild's objectives, I am on board.

And truthfully, SkysOutThizeOut, I hope for everyone's sake, DC and AD do not find an equivalent hero. We don't want total domination in Cyrodiil from any side because those behind that emperor, no matter how united and rallied they are, have no one to fight, and those that emperor is against have no desire to be beaten into the ground over and over again.
    Options
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    @nryerson1025 it’s Drizzt if you didn’t know. And to start we don’t even need policies. Play as you will. Zerg, it’s fine, it’s the way for some. The only thing the guild would do is encourage times of activity and encourage players with multiple faction characters to reconsider playing for a weaker side. The macro result of pushing this would be attracting the players who don’t play because their faction has nothing, thus causing everyone else to not come because the map is dead. Eventually we could raise population during all periods of time. If we did get a couple of the main capping influences people from each faction in one place that’s be good. At the very least we could all agree not to camp, faction stack, and maybe keep scrolls on the rings to encourage pushes.

I feel like most of us who play shor don’t do it for the factions, but a less laggy and less zergy gameplay, (even shor zerglings may not appreciate the vivec 24-48+ constant zergs that exist).
    Options
  • nryerson1025
    nryerson1025
    ✭✭✭✭
    I couldn't agree more. I think it's a great idea Drizzt. I'm on board.
    Edited by nryerson1025 on December 26, 2018 10:26PM
    Options
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    @nryerson1025 I’m over trying to repeatedly kill the same people. The last 2 times I played. I 1v3d and 1v4d these 2 different groups twice. Messaged one and said, “I’ll leave ya alone, I’ll help protect you and siege with you against DC (you were emp).” The other ones were dc and I was like “go ahead take the resources and I’ll tell AD I killed you and that you left while you get a head start on the keep.” Anything to help the map in a small way and not completely discourage people. The only 2 groups I can count on not necessarily leaving if they lose a couple fights are call to glory and dreadlords.
    What should the guild be called?
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to but lm not good enough to come fight in 1 vs 2 or more against players who probably are used to fighting outside of a large group. Usually need to find ones that get outside of the large groups. In my experience when I have run solo; I'm 2v1ed by players already better than me.

Been actually doing some smaller man and Vivec as the guild I'm in has had one guy who's good at getting us around and has attracted more to PVP of a mostly PVE guild. Thought about bringing it up that we could get some good fights on Shor but lately it seems like we've had some luck getting some good fights away from the Chal and Roe back and forth common for DC. Yes; we get pugs who show up when we light something and can eventually draw the zerg, but it's been overall going well. It's just really hard to suggest we switch and MAYBE something happens.
    Edited by technohic on December 26, 2018 11:06PM
    Options
  • nryerson1025
    nryerson1025
    ✭✭✭✭
    I tend to become obsessive when it comes to naming something so I would ask to defer or maybe let me think about it. :#
    Options
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    @technohic EP right? We need to drag more ep and dc into shor.

@nryerson1025 well we get one shot once it’s made, then we’re committed.
    Options
  • nryerson1025
    nryerson1025
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would love to hear from others as well first so we can make sure this will represent the entire campaign
    Options
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    @nryerson1025 we are the whole campaign that is active on the forums. It’s something we just have to start.
    2 ideas for names:
    Shor Accord
    Shor Convention

I have a list of corny names.
    Options