Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

FYI: Updates on Class Rep Program

• angeleda
    angeleda
    ✭✭✭✭
    NDA....? Really? As if it is not enough that u do the opposite of what the community needs now u muffle the class reps...

Well done
  • Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    angeleda wrote: »
    NDA....? Really? As if it is not enough that u do the opposite of what the community needs now u muffle the class reps...

Well done

Tell me what changed in a Bad way? @angeleda

Now devs can talk with reps about changes that havent been announced yet and discuss if they are good or not. And ofc reps Shouldnt be allowed to talk about this with the public cause things can change a lot until zos announces such changes .

If ZOS now announces this changes Reps can also talk about them. So things like shield nerf disaster could be stopped before they go on pts with the help of the class reps.

I See nothing Bad in there. Ppl are Just hating for no reason without using their brain.
  • angeleda
    angeleda
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gnozo wrote: »
    angeleda wrote: »

Well done

Tell me what changed in a Bad way? @angeleda

Now devs can talk with reps about changes that havent been announced yet and discuss if they are good or not. And ofc reps Shouldnt be allowed to talk about this with the public cause things can change a lot until zos announces such changes .

If ZOS now announces this changes Reps can also talk about them. So things like shield nerf disaster could be stopped before they go on pts with the help of the class reps.

I See nothing Bad in there. Ppl are Just hating for no reason without using their brain.

Lets say they had that in last patch. And no class rep was allowed to talk about it with the people they REPRESENT. How will the class rep know what the class/people it represents want if his mouth os shut.

If anything u dont need more secrecy but transparency. Thats exactly why the shields or enchants or 2h disaster happened
    Because they said NOTHING beforehand, they did the changes and it backfired so not only they wasted time and effort on silly changes, then they wasted even more time and effort reverting them. When all they could have done was announce the potential changes publicly BEFORE even implementing them and class reps could take them on discords and see what the community agrees as good ans what bad. That's how it works.

Not this childish NDA. They issue is not class reps "talking too much". The problem is ZOS not listening even.when everybody is screaming at them.
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In short: "shut up and swallow whatever we are forcing down your throats because it's too late for you to do anything when we make it into PTS." GG.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Cronopoly
    Cronopoly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didnt Carmack sign an NDA too? Damn resultant fiasco was belived to be one reason we never saw native VR support. Damn i wanted that...
  • delbonds
    delbonds
    Soul Shriven
    Changes implemented in Murkmire for Mag Sorc are disgraceful, the only class to be forced to go a hybrid build, a mag based set & tanking set, no other class have you done this to & why? You've bent over backwards to appease new player experience (moan moan i can't beat this class, i can't beat that class, can you make it easier for me), these players that haven't bothered to roll all classes to understand class weakness & how to exploit it, put the time & practice into pvp, rotation, animation cancelling & setting up execute, stun, ulti, along with proc's to maximise pvp performance! With these changes you've giving the finger to long established players, allot of whom are subscribing from day one (you know? ... the players that have made your game financially viable for over 4yr). You talk about balancing? ... These changes balance nothing! You've wrecked this class at the request of blow in players (lets see how long these players will be playing into the future?) Out of arrogance on your behalf & the lack of competition for a PC grade MMO on console you thought we'd accept these *cough* balancing changes??? Wrong we won't .... BDO is now on the horizon & from playing the BETA just gone, allot of angry soon to be ex sub ESO players are counting the days down!! It's up to the long established ESO community to slap some manners on you lot & it's coming when BDO drops 👍
  • Mr_Wolfe
    Mr_Wolfe
    ✭✭✭
    Some people live in their own deluded world.

I don't know what else to say, but those people who think that ZOS is somehow controlling us, muzzling us, or in anyway making it so we represent them rather than the community are misinformed.

Before NDA, ZOS could not tell us anything beyond the immediate next patch, so you didn't hear anything from them and we were incapable of saying anything because we weren't told anything. You weren't getting that sort of info and you couldn't give any feedback on that info because none of us had it. It's not like the NDA is changing anything in that regard.

What is changing is now we will have the ability to preempt questionable changes before they hit the PTS.

Controlling and muzzling you is exactly what signing an NDA does. I guess you're right though, some people live in their own deluded world. ;)
  • S'yn
    S'yn
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS has picked some class reps that have an active stake in the direction of the game, and they have actually asked for someone else's opinion on how things should proceed. I'm not really seeing a downside here. The ESO community is usually positive, but somehow on this issue, there is a lot of negativity and apprehension. I really enjoy ESO, but if the game takes a direction that I absolutely can't live with, I could do something radical, like try a different game?

Some people will be happy with any given change, other people will be unhappy with the same change. Generating a bunch of unnecessary drama and bad feelings is not helpful towards changes that may or may not even become part of the live game. Adapting to changes is part of life, no?
  • Ohtimbar
    Ohtimbar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm happy speaking for myself and representing my own interests. If the devs aren't willing to read their own forums then that's on them. I'm sure Zenimax Media can shake enough pennies out of the sofa to pay someone to do that job. Oh, wait, free labor, I mean community engagement. That's the ticket.
    forever stuck in combat
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How did they pick these class reps. I seen the class rep of the class I main only on the stam version. Seen him get mopped in duels by the guy who taught me the mag version. (By mopped, I mean dead sliding on the floor). Facts. Lol
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DoobZ69 wrote: »
    Community: Hey ZOS I have problem 1,2,3. Are you fixing any of those?

ZOS: Can't tell you, let's get a class rep program going.

Community: Hey Class Reps I have problem 1,2,3 Is ZOS fixing any of those?

Class Reps: Cant tell you.

*** be ***.

Or certain reps just ban you from the discord discussions. Ouh....I guess that won't happen anymore since no more talking :#

Edited by Girl_Number8 on November 22, 2018 3:33PM
  • chaz
    chaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Break your contract with Akamai or Place a server in Hawaii for Oceanic players!
    You high ping, lag, disconnects are atrocious, game killer, and causes people to unsub, and eventually leave ESO.
    Nuff_Said!
    Those in power only have the illusion they are powerful, however in reality, those in power are only so because we allow them to be.

ESO Beta Test Ultimate Question for control!
    Lord Dagon's Mythic Dawn Guild is now recruiting. Dailies, trials, Raids, Fun, Discord (required for staying on Crown), guild bank and so much more. Msg me or mail me in game @Chaz for invite. **See Link Here** ElderScrollsOnlineYouTube

ElderScrollsOnline Purchase History April 17, 2017 through May 30th 2022 (Crowns,Upgrades, ESO Plus) = $5,610.38
  • Mondini
    Mondini
    ✭✭✭✭
    How did they pick these class reps. I seen the class rep of the class I main only on the stam version. Seen him get mopped in duels by the guy who taught me the mag version. (By mopped, I mean dead sliding on the floor). Facts. Lol

mainly cellar dweller pve players who think they are hot ***.
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why the secrecy? Signing class reps into non disclosure makes no sense as the feedback dies with the ZOS discussion and is not open to the community. This COPLETELY missises the point of having a class rep. Do you really want to limit the feedback as quid-pro-quo to and from the community tova once off input via a single players personal take in aconce off meeting once every four months?

By locking up class reps into non disclosure ZOS DEFEATS THE PURPOSE OF THE EXERCISE I honestly dont care about the surprise factor, what I DO CARE about is sweeping changes that will break the game and the over 7000hrs I have invested in it.

Please, please dont limit community input by killing feedback from class reps, it stifles the robust discussion any suggested change need to go through before implementing it.

Criticism, good or bad, is like a new jacket, put it on, wear it, see which parts you like and make informed changes, a dev/class rep clique that locks out the community fundamentally changes the role of the class rep to that of a limited negotiator without reaction from the community.

That very important reaction which will be a barometer of how things will be received on release.
  • Suddwrath
    Suddwrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno when are the notes from the class rep meeting going to be posted? :smiley:

giphy.gif
    Edited by Suddwrath on December 6, 2018 1:22PM
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    SaltySudd wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno when are the notes from the class rep meeting going to be posted? :smiley:

giphy.gif

That stuff is under NDA so probably never.
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Suddwrath
    Suddwrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »

@Alcast
    giphy.gif
  • altair1969
    altair1969
    ✭✭✭
    I ( try) to play on eu server on Xbox, it's become impossible, did you have solutions because we are numerous stopping teso and eso+

https://xboxclips.com/altair1969/85657fb0-32ae-4f6f-89b6-7cab2f788b03
    https://xboxclips.com/altair1969/2ab52594-ebf8-4726-92e7-200e36062d95
    https://xboxclips.com/altair1969/0986d9f8-d901-40c7-b8c8-8e372c73b144
    https://xboxclips.com/altair1969/4deeb409-f880-49fa-af89-eabab3ca5730

I can link a lot of exemple to explain that our game is totally broken 😢

What did you do for that?
  • BossXV
    BossXV
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »
    SaltySudd wrote: »

giphy.gif

ALCAST!! AHHHH<3 have my baby!
  • StrawberryKitsune
    StrawberryKitsune
    ✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »
    Valykc wrote: »
    I think people are misunderstanding or jumping to conclusions.
    We’d also like to take this time to talk about some changes we’re making to the program. Effective immediately, all Class Reps have signed a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) to help facilitate more transparency between them and the development team, and allow us to have a more open dialogue more regularly.
    So as it's written, it seems like the NDA will allow ZOS to be a little more open with intended changes/ideas when talking to the class reps, so that the reps may say "stop, that's a terrible idea" or "sounds good". It's just that the reps are now more restricted in what info they may pass along to us. Definitely a trade-off, though I think it's acceptable unless the NDA is far more extreme than I'm assuming. But the class reps are competent people, so if they all signed off on it then it surely isn't that bad.

yeah, because we saw how well ZOS listened to the reps during Nerfmire PTS 🙄.

Problem is when ZoS is announcing their balance changes to the community which includes reps they have those things already coded and ready to land on PTS so it's hard to start rethinking buch of changes and reprogramming code parts connected to them few days before it hits PTS or live server. Now when class reps will be under NDA devs will be able to tell them about plans for the future updates and ideas for balance much earlier which creates posibility that changes like cast time on shields idea will never even touch the game code.

But if they are under NDA that they cannot pose those changes/ideas to the community to get opinions on them because they are future updates then by the time the community find out and potentially react negatively, it'll be at the PTS stage. The things you talk about will still be a problem and changes cannot be made drastically or easily. The NDA doesn't help with this... If class reps cannot gather feedback on changes how can they do their job and represent?
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Class Reps feedback IS what ZOS is looking for. They are Supposed to be Representation of the Overall Player Demographic. So when it comes to Future Developments they can’t speak freely with Player base...just express Their concerns as to how they feel it will impact the Majority back to Zos. As for Current State they have more Freedoms to speak openly
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »
    Valykc wrote: »
    I think people are misunderstanding or jumping to conclusions.
    We’d also like to take this time to talk about some changes we’re making to the program. Effective immediately, all Class Reps have signed a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) to help facilitate more transparency between them and the development team, and allow us to have a more open dialogue more regularly.
    So as it's written, it seems like the NDA will allow ZOS to be a little more open with intended changes/ideas when talking to the class reps, so that the reps may say "stop, that's a terrible idea" or "sounds good". It's just that the reps are now more restricted in what info they may pass along to us. Definitely a trade-off, though I think it's acceptable unless the NDA is far more extreme than I'm assuming. But the class reps are competent people, so if they all signed off on it then it surely isn't that bad.

yeah, because we saw how well ZOS listened to the reps during Nerfmire PTS 🙄.

Problem is when ZoS is announcing their balance changes to the community which includes reps they have those things already coded and ready to land on PTS so it's hard to start rethinking buch of changes and reprogramming code parts connected to them few days before it hits PTS or live server. Now when class reps will be under NDA devs will be able to tell them about plans for the future updates and ideas for balance much earlier which creates posibility that changes like cast time on shields idea will never even touch the game code.

But if they are under NDA that they cannot pose those changes/ideas to the community to get opinions on them because they are future updates then by the time the community find out and potentially react negatively, it'll be at the PTS stage. The things you talk about will still be a problem and changes cannot be made drastically or easily. The NDA doesn't help with this... If class reps cannot gather feedback on changes how can they do their job and represent?

You have no idea how class reps program work dont You ?
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Class Reps feedback IS what ZOS is looking for. They are Supposed to be Representation of the Overall Player Demographic. So when it comes to Future Developments they can’t speak freely with Player base...just express Their concerns as to how they feel it will impact the Majority back to Zos. As for Current State they have more Freedoms to speak openly

In other words; from ZoS' stand point - They Are The Player Base...

I can see where all of this leads straight to trouble of the already been there variety
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we still nominate players? I'd like to nominate TheShockcable as new class rep.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we still nominate players? I'd like to nominate TheShockcable as new class rep.

Second this!
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So it is said, so shall it be done.
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    His insight on class mechanics, especially magsorcs, is based on years of unbiased experience and his PvP knowledge and skill is unparalleled. Also, his dedication to protecting the community from cheaters and hackers by leveraging the in game Report feature has put his integrity ahead of everyone else. @nightblademechanics
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    His insight on class mechanics, especially magsorcs, is based on years of unbiased experience and his PvP knowledge and skill is unparalleled. Also, his dedication to protecting the community from cheaters and hackers by leveraging the in game Report feature has put his integrity ahead of everyone else. @nightblademechanics

He's back on his @KenaPKK name. And agreed.
  • KenaPKK
    KenaPKK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    :joy:
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC original dueling and general PvP community guild
    Now the hub of competitive dueling and the joined PvP communities of NA and EU/PC

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why would you ever sign an NDA with ZOS when you're not even getting paid? I hope you guys talked to a lawyer to have them read it over at least. This is charity work your doing for a company that stands to make loads of money off of your advice.