The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
We are currently investigating connection issues some players are having on the North American megaservers. We will update as new information becomes available.

Magplar build brainstorming PvP

KingLogix
KingLogix
✭✭✭
Hey guys! I am mediocre at best when it comes to magplar, but would really like to have a small scale/solo build for it. I know its not the best class to 1vx with, so my expectations are fair.

Race: argonian
Cp: Max
Undaunted: yes
Mages guild: yes

Gear: I am thinking of running 5-1-1
lightning with sword and board or restro(What are your thoughts?)

2 pirate skeleton
5 bright throat WITH dubious
and this last set is the one I need help with. I am not sure if i should run wizard, trans, shackle, or a damage set.

Let me know what you guys think I should add or swap out! Thanks in advance
Edited by KingLogix on November 29, 2018 3:45PM
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you run shacklebreaker you can drop dubious for witchmother and get more spellcaster stats.

Options
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Light of Cyrodil. This set is insane on a Magplar.
    Options
  • KingLogix
    KingLogix
    ✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

Wow, that would be OP with pirate skeleton o.o

Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KingLogix wrote: »
    jaws343 wrote: »

Wow, that would be OP with pirate skeleton o.o

But if you are using resto, use valkyn instead. Cyro Light, bright, valkyn with using resto ultimate should be enough defense.

Here's what most are doing for their "base" set:
    - shacklebreaker
    - Amberplasm
    - Bright
    - julianos
    - willpower front

Then pair it with:
    - cyro
    - trans
    - wizard reposte
    - impreg
    - overwelming surge
    - arena weapons backbar
    - spinners

And finally finish it up with either of these:
    - pirate skeleton
    - valkyn
    - grothdarr
    - slimecraw
    - engine guardian
    - bloodspawn.

Traits:
    - weapons should get sharp for damage. Nirn for mix dmg/heals. Powered backbar for beefy BOL casts.
    - armor is mostly mixed to aim for the stats you need. (need health/stam use tri stat, need mag go all mag, etc)
    - jewels is also pending you sets (if you have mostly offensive sets, then protective is probably better. If you have terrible max mag then use arcane. If you want to jesus beam from behind a zerg then use bloodthirsty lol)

If you need regen and defense, use trans. If you need more stam, use shackle+witch or bright+spring infusion. If you need more stam regen, use amber or bloodspawn. If you need more ultimate/defense, use bloodspawn. If you need raw power, use julianos/willpower. If you need raw defense, use pirate skeleton or impreg. If oyu need mix stats, use wizard or overwelming or cyro light. If you want a mix of regen/health recovery/LOS defense pet, use engine guardian.

That is my rundown. You can explore more (like adding soulshine for channels+staff heavy attacks or trying out other sets once you have your stats/base sets selected.) You can do 5 light or 5 heavy.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Run the following

Steadfast hero, skoria ...

Now you can add multiple sets here to make up what you need

Options are overwhelming surge, wyrd tree blessing , bright throats to name a few

Work out what best for you n mist if all enjoy playing it
    Options
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been running Cyrodil's light, Skoria, and Innate Axiom. With a heavy armor setup. No shields needed, Dual swords with a restro backbar for Mutagen.

The dual swords is great because while lightning buffs jabs it doesn't effect vampire's bane or Eclipse. And fire buffs those but not jabs. So dual swords gives you the buff for both damage types.

Axiom buffs your entire tool kit. Since all but 1 skill is a Templar skill.

And the new Spear ult for Mag is pretty good.
    Options
  • Stigant
    Stigant
    ✭✭✭✭
    SugaComa wrote: »
    Run the following

Options are overwhelming surge, wyrd tree blessing , bright throats to name a few

Overhelming Surge on Templars is tough to overcome for melee builds in BGs.. Those blockcasted heals and buffs all have a chance to proc it and skoria procs on top of that give you considerable damage output while you are basically turtling up and going defensive.
    When going offensive, well nothing needs to be said here, except just pointing out that lightning damage has a chance to proc minor vulnerability debuff, increasing damage taken on your target by 8(?)% I believe... which also helps your team.
    Coming from StamNB main, "hating" to fight those Overhelming Surge Templars, if you don't mind runing a cheese, try out Overhelming + Valkyn, you won't be disappointed.
    Edited by Stigant on November 29, 2018 6:59PM
    Options
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Run the following

I've been considering steadfast hero, not sure if it would be worth while though with only a 50% uptime possibility and even when up it s only 5 seconds
    Edited by Syiccal on November 29, 2018 7:50PM
    Options
  • Stigant
    Stigant
    ✭✭✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »
    Run the following

I've been considering steadfast hero, not sure if it would be worth while though with only a 50% uptime possibility and even when up it s only 5 seconds

Righ "only" 50% potentional uptime on major protection (30% reduced damage from all sources) is not really worth considering.
    /sarcasmoff
    Options
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stigant wrote: »
    Run the following

Righ "only" 50% potentional uptime on major protection (30% reduced damage from all sources) is not really worth considering.
    /sarcasmoff

what I ment was you could run another 5 peice set with better bonuses and use pirate skele which is up way more than 50% , probs closer to 80%
    Options
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Run the following

/sarcasmoff

what I ment was you could run another 5 peice set with better bonuses and use pirate skele which is up way more than 50% , probs closer to 80%

At the cost of less healing. Is that 2 or 3 seconds worth it? You could argue that skoria gives more damage than any 5 pc increases your skills damage as well.

This sets value is its ability to be back barred. The window of 5 seconds will almost always be when you need it too. Yaaay.
    Options
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Run the following

/sarcasmoff

At the cost of less healing. Is that 2 or 3 seconds worth it? You could argue that skoria gives more damage than any 5 pc increases your skills damage as well.

This sets value is its ability to be back barred. The window of 5 seconds will almost always be when you need it too. Yaaay.

yea good argument, I'm not against the set In yet to test it myself (I will do) . was just on paper I couldn't see it being that benifical
    Options
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Run the following

/sarcasmoff

yea good argument, I'm not against the set In yet to test it myself (I will do) . was just on paper I couldn't see it being that benifical

Skoria op
    Edited by Brutusmax1mus on November 29, 2018 10:26PM
    Options
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Run the following

/sarcasmoff

Skoria op

yea I like skoria but as u till now I've found pirate skele more beneficial in more situations. steadfast ward might allow me to swap to skoria, il have to test
    Options
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Run the following

/sarcasmoff

Whenever I'm about to go on the offensive, you can guarantee I'll cleanse before I apply pressure - At that point, it's wasted and it's that reason I just don't use it. It's effectiveness seems situational to me, but maybe it's not as bad as I think it looks if you guys are having success with it.
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
    Options
  • ltownsend1808
    ltownsend1808
    Soul Shriven
    I must say that steadfast hero is super strong. A possible uptime of 50% of major protection and you can run it as a back bar set! :D

Current setup i've been playing in no CP campaign:
    5 light, 1 heavy, 1 medium.
    2x Skoria
    5x Shacklebreaker
    5x Steadfast hero (backbar only)
    1x Master lightning on the front bar (this could be swapped for Willpower or any other 2 piece).

When needing to reposition a fight steadfast really shines, cleanse yourself into a mist form and take virtually no damage while kiting away. Lots of hate whispers come with it though so be aware! 😂
    Options
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This nifty build has a good discussion on the synergy between templar, Psijic, vampire, and Cyrodiil's Light:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nj3nnhoh1kw&t=15s

At the same time, examine the comment I left on that video regarding the math. Major Protection has always felt strong to me in game, but all those buffs, Protection, Cyro's Light, armor mitigation, are multiplicative, not additive. For example Major Protection + Cyro's Light does not add up to 45% mitigation, but to (1 - (0.7 * 0.85)) * 100 = 40.5%. When you further combine that with armor resistances, Undeath, and, in the extreme case, with Mist Form, the individual contributions of your mitigation sources are significantly reduced. The exception to that rule is Protective jewelry. Stacking resistance is additive until your effective resistance hits the 33K cap.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
    Options
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Max uptime on Steadfast Hero = Max uptime on Wizard's Riposte.

So if you want to go more tanky chose Hero, otherwise for more damage chose Riposte. They do have different ways to proc though, so that might affect your decision also.
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

Options
  • Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fortified brass trinkets protective + weapons. Blight throath light armor. What you need as monster set.
    Options
  • Reefo
    Reefo
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure why everyone loves bright throat, 1. Lich far out sustains it and can be back barred
    2. Given that you have to have 5piece always active the 3k extra mag you get means you lose willpower on the front bar because Lich can be back barred
    3. You have to run witchmothers which means you have less you lose magicka coz purple food is more magicka so it isn’t overall that much more different than willpower on your damage bar
    4. You lose health and most importantly stamina to block with which is very much needed on a magplar, magdk etc

If there was a stamina version Lich I would Decon every single piece of bone pirate
    Options
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reefo wrote: »
    Not sure why everyone loves bright throat, 1. Lich far out sustains it and can be back barred
    2. Given that you have to have 5piece always active the 3k extra mag you get means you lose willpower on the front bar because Lich can be back barred
    3. You have to run witchmothers which means you have less you lose magicka coz purple food is more magicka so it isn’t overall that much more different than willpower on your damage bar
    4. You lose health and most importantly stamina to block with which is very much needed on a magplar, magdk etc

If there was a stamina version Lich I would Decon every single piece of bone pirate

I've literally never ever used lich before, it's meh. There are better backbar sets you can use. And the reason people love BTB is because it gives sustain and damage. More damage then lich. It's a pretty balanced set imo, kinda like shacklebreaker.

I don't know how or why people need the ridiculous amount of regen that lich gives, it's overkill imo.
    Edited by Akinos on December 5, 2018 7:34AM
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
    Options
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nvm

Edited by CatchMeTrolling on December 5, 2018 7:41AM
    Options
  • Mrsinister2
    Mrsinister2
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You don't have to run witch mothers spring loaded infusion is a tri stat drink that works good. You also run tri stats on armor with btb to get Stam and health up while keeping a good mag pool plus the regen
    Options
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭

One MAJOR reason for no Lich on MagPlar is this classes pretty high use of Mist Form. Those two do not work well together.

If you can run MagPlar without Mist (using 2H and forward momentum I guess?) then Lich would be decent.
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taylor_MB wrote: »

One MAJOR reason for no Lich on MagPlar is this classes pretty high use of Mist Form. Those two do not work well together.

If you can run MagPlar without Mist (using 2H and forward momentum I guess?) then Lich would be decent.

And he's wrong about will power being lost on front bar if you go BTB. It's definitely possible you just have to 5pc the body pieces and go defense backbar.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BTB+Shacklebreaker= Life...
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
    Options
  • jcasini222ub17_ESO
    jcasini222ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been trying out different things. I don't really like proc damage to much so I've been going 5 TBS 5 lich then a mix of monster sets. Either armor plus damage, damage plus Magicka, Regen plus damage. Or Earth gore, or chudan, or vaklyn. It honestly depends on the engagement and who is around. It's a5-1-1 light set up to take advantage of the light armor passives.

What's fun about it is the ability to change around the mundus and monster sets. It doesn't feel like down like when I had Uzul specced as a stamplar. That said I'm tempted to try tbs on stamplar too.
    Options
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Btb : 150 x 30 = 4500
    Lich: 1032 x 10 = 10320
    Over the course of a minute.

I know this ignores % modifiers. But if you can reach levels of sustain where you don't need a large influx (1800+ for me ) why over sustain with lich? To me, if you're in an outnumbered situation forcing heavy usage of high cost skills, continuous sustain is a better way to plan a build. 40 seconds of mediocre sustain after the end of the proc means death. Id rather get to comfortable levels i know i can constantly sustain with.

Is 6k magicka over the course of 1min (1.5 to 2 spells) better than the permanent (double barred) increase in damage and healing to you? Not to me. Plan for constant sustain and get damage then, imo.

Front barring willpower is still very possible with btb.

Btb lets you tristat all gear, which unless youre running a pure dmg build, is the most effective way to get stats through enchants. If you put any points in health or stamina on your character sheet, just tristat everything and take them out for mag. Prismatic glyphs on body have you give up 2002 max main stat for 2203 hp and 2002 off stat. Great trade off for all magicka classes imo.

I do like lich a lot though.
    Edited by Brutusmax1mus on December 5, 2018 1:37PM
    Options
  • Reefo
    Reefo
    ✭✭✭
    Btb : 150 x 30 = 4500
    Lich: 1032 x 10 = 10320
    Over the course of a minute.

I know this ignores % modifiers. But if you can reach levels of sustain where you don't need a large influx (1800+ for me ) why over sustain with lich? To me, if you're in an outnumbered situation forcing heavy usage of high cost skills, continuous sustain is a better way to plan a build. 40 seconds of mediocre sustain after the end of the proc means death. Id rather get to comfortable levels i know i can constantly sustain with.

Is 6k magicka over the course of 1min (1.5 to 2 spells) better than the permanent (double barred) increase in damage and healing to you? Not to me. Plan for constant sustain and get damage then, imo.

Front barring willpower is still very possible with btb.

Btb lets you tristat all gear, which unless youre running a pure dmg build, is the most effective way to get stats through enchants. If you put any points in health or stamina on your character sheet, just tristat everything and take them out for mag. Prismatic glyphs on body have you give up 2002 max main stat for 2203 hp and 2002 off stat. Great trade off for all magicka classes imo.

I do like lich a lot though.

Lich has 2 lines of regen.

If Lich is oversustain then use mage Mundus and boom, better than bright throat.
    Options
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    But if you back bar a lich staff you only have one of those recoveries on the front bar.

I like both sets but I think it’s a matter of personal preference and playstyle. I think the beauty of bright throat is that it gives a good amount of magicka and sustain allowing you to run apprentice or lover over atronach or mage.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
    Options