The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Dear magsorcs...

• Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    pieratsos wrote: »
    Alpheu5 wrote: »
    2) Overload needs to be UNREFLECTABLE... it's a frigging ultimate! This will help us pressure even DKs.

It's a spammable ultimate that can be canceled if used at an inopportune time, so the counterplay needs to be high. Meteor deserved to become unreflectable because saving up 170+ ult and then having it slapped right back in your face with zero repercussions to the target was highly imbalanced.

If you don't want your shots fired back, do the Palpatine.

Meteor becoming unreflectable was one of the worst changes. The target shouldnt have repercussions for playing smart and countering ur abilities. It should be slapped right back in ur face if ur dumb enough to throw a meteor at someone with reflect.

There's a difference between counterplay and a hard counter. Bashing Soul Assault is a hard counter. Reflecting Meteor is a hard counter. Breaking free from Negate is a hard counter. Dodging Dawnbreaker is a hard counter. They specifically said that they want ultimates to be skills worth casting. Being able to completely nullify all of their effects with a simple action defeats that purpose.
    No one is forcing you to throw a meteor at someone. It's ur choice.

According to you everything is a hard counter then. Unfortunately that's the mentality of the game these days and we ended up with a meta in which everything ignore mechanics.

Reflect and double reflect meteors was one of the prime examples of how the mechanics should work. Mechanics that separated good players from the bad promoting skillful gameplay making the players using their brain before they do something. Not this crap we have now with everyone pressing random buttons without thinking and without repercussions.

I specified what hard counters were so don't go putting words in my mouth. While I agree that reflection looping was something that should have been kept in the game since it rewarded foresight into covering your own build's downsides, I don't think it's right to enable something as expensive and telegraphed as Meteor to be completely nullified and turned against the caster with a single slottable ability, the effects of which mostly only 1 class has constant access to. It'd be a different story if it was an instant cast or if it ignored any skills after being cast, because then you could say "Well you shouldn't have cast it while they had wings up."

And even now, if someone knows how to PvP, a lone Meteor won't hurt them that badly without some skillful foreplay, so it's not as brainless as you make it out to be. Same goes for using any other ultimate out of place, if it's done without thinking, the ult is mostly wasted and the caster is left with nothing.
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
    Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
    Options
  • iCaliban
    iCaliban
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2) Overload needs to be UNREFLECTABLE... it's a frigging ultimate! This will help us pressure even DKs.

It's a spammable ultimate that can be canceled if used at an inopportune time, so the counterplay needs to be high. Meteor deserved to become unreflectable because saving up 170+ ult and then having it slapped right back in your face with zero repercussions to the target was highly imbalanced.

Overload would be fine if it wasnt so damn clunky. Just make it a buff to regular light and heavy attacks so we dont have to deal with the crap animation.
    Options
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jakx wrote: »
    Mag sorc has some of the easiest burst to line up and its effective. This game isnt inherently difficult for any class so I think this argument is moot anyway but what do you want. Throw curse, spammable for proc, put your pre execute up that waits for target to drop below threshold lol, and use frag proc. It more than often perfectly lines up for a kill. I didnt even throw an Ult in.

Get fancy and use the best mobility in the game with streak if you desire.

I read the list of requested Sorc changes and it reads as a laundry list of things that ignore game balance and absolves sorcs of all of their weaknesses. Put your game developer hat on for one second and objectively look at whats an acceptable change. Might as well add in a change request - sorcs can no longer be killed - with that list.

Cause no one roll dodges or can hold block for 1 second. The problem with delayed aligned burst is that it is also the easiest to mitigate like 4 gcd's of sorc spells in one button press. Some gets thru, but most of it gets mitigated very easily. This is why sorcs struggle against seasoned players and own potatoes. The only difference is people who use defensive abilities and those that don't.
    Options
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Meteor becoming unreflectable was one of the worst changes. The target shouldnt have repercussions for playing smart and countering ur abilities. It should be slapped right back in ur face if ur dumb enough to throw a meteor at someone with reflect.

There's a difference between counterplay and a hard counter. Bashing Soul Assault is a hard counter. Reflecting Meteor is a hard counter. Breaking free from Negate is a hard counter. Dodging Dawnbreaker is a hard counter. They specifically said that they want ultimates to be skills worth casting. Being able to completely nullify all of their effects with a simple action defeats that purpose.

According to you everything is a hard counter then. Unfortunately that's the mentality of the game these days and we ended up with a meta in which everything ignore mechanics.

Reflect and double reflect meteors was one of the prime examples of how the mechanics should work. Mechanics that separated good players from the bad promoting skillful gameplay making the players using their brain before they do something. Not this crap we have now with everyone pressing random buttons without thinking and without repercussions.

I specified what hard counters were so don't go putting words in my mouth. While I agree that reflection looping was something that should have been kept in the game since it rewarded foresight into covering your own build's downsides, I don't think it's right to enable something as expensive and telegraphed as Meteor to be completely nullified and turned against the caster with a single slottable ability, the effects of which mostly only 1 class has constant access to. It'd be a different story if it was an instant cast or if it ignored any skills after being cast, because then you could say "Well you shouldn't have cast it while they had wings up."

And even now, if someone knows how to PvP, a lone Meteor won't hurt them that badly without some skillful foreplay, so it's not as brainless as you make it out to be. Same goes for using any other ultimate out of place, if it's done without thinking, the ult is mostly wasted and the caster is left with nothing.

I understand what you mean with hard counters. However, making abilities ignore mechanics results in prety much the same exact thing. Just worse, cause then its no longer about you making a mistake and "casting it out of place" and becomes "just eat it in the face because the caster was too dumb to think". Prime example is soul assault. Being dumb and casting the ult point blank in people face's and them bashing you is a hard counter and needs to be removed but somehow deleting medium armor builds with one ult was fine? Hm, wut? I hope you understand where the term brainless gameplay comes from. God forbid if someone has to think in this game and gets punished for doing mistakes. Fix it asap.

You are exactly right. If its cast out of place without thinking nothing happens. This is the freaking problem. That people no longer need to think anymore. Doesnt matter if you do mistakes. You dont get punished anw.
    Edited by pieratsos on November 26, 2018 7:04PM
    Options
  • Mintaka5
    Mintaka5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magblades are better at magicka than sorcs???

This is not surprising to me at all. My magsorc main is getting wiped up and down Cyrodiil by primarily magblades and mgDKs. I guess the matter of classes is irrelevant. Power is not granted to the class strengths, instead you have devs fanboying fighter classes, and granting them hybrid skills making them a more well rounded class than most others. DKs and NBs are not just fighters, but are now mages with all the benefits of a fighter/assasin class. Total absurdity. Is it any wonder NBs and DKs are all over the place in Cyrodiil. I have yet to see a magsorc in PvP completely destroy with NB or DK. If a magsorc does win a fight, it's the hardest damn thing to do.
    Options
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    Zelos wrote: »
    Stats aren't the problem.

The magblade has much better heals, pressure and sustain. Here's what Sorcs need:

1) A HoT that keeps us alive long enough to make our complicated burst connect. Like a Magicka Vigor. Yeah, you heard me.

3) The targeting issues with Frags need to be fixed so that we can actually hit melee builds.

4) We could really use a decent DoT to add pressure and proc Skoria.

5) We need SOMETHING to help with sustain... more cost reduction maybe? Could the pets feed us resources like Engine Guardian?

1. Run rapid regen or Mutagen
    2. Heavy attack with overload its op
    3. Streak through them to get distance then turn and frag
    4. Run destructive touch and degeneration to proc skoria
    5. Run dark conversion

But honestly if you cant kill someone with a sorc burst the problems go deeper then needing all of this:) curse + spammable x2 + endless + stun + frag equals dead:)

So you only need a combo of about 6 different skills to line up perfectly without being interrupted to kill someone? Got it.

As opposed to spamming one button?

Aren’t you the stamsorc who relies on sets to kill

Drop caltrops and hope procs kill the enemy
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    Derra wrote: »
    Every buff post ever.

Hi, I'm X class. We suk. Please take away all weaknesses from my class. Please don't allow counterplay. No I don't recognize that my class is actually strong.

Care to explain to me what about sorc is particularly strong in the current patch - outside of running away (but nb is better at that too if we ignore shade bug).

Nightblades can only “run away” to places they’ve already been. This means that in a BG or openworld, when fighting outnumbered, their escape mechanic isn’t terribly strong because they’ll just go back into the middle of a fight. It’s only strong when fighting 1 or 2 people, or if the stamblade has allies around to kite behind.

Sorc is now the most mobile class in the game.

Their escape mechanic ignores line of sight though - which is way more powerful in the right hands imo.

Agreed sorc isn´t that far behind this patch anymore though - and a lot easier to utilize.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

Options
  • Betty_Booms
    Betty_Booms
    ✭✭✭

I is skillful cause i canpress a button every so often and thats more skillful denyuz cause your frag fired atz me unstead of the guyz you were firing at.

Wungzzz uzzz skillful play

Mmmkayyyyy
    Options
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But do you have a nice house?

Seriously my thoughts also, DO you have a nice house?
    Options
  • Betty_Booms
    Betty_Booms
    ✭✭✭
    Mag sorc has some of the easiest burst to line up and its effective. This game isnt inherently difficult for any class so I think this argument is moot anyway but what do you want. Throw curse, spammable for proc, put your pre execute up that waits for target to drop below threshold lol, and use frag proc. It more than often perfectly lines up for a kill. I didnt even throw an Ult in.

Get fancy and use the best mobility in the game with streak if you desire.

I read the list of requested Sorc changes and it reads as a laundry list of things that ignore game balance and absolves sorcs of all of their weaknesses. Put your game developer hat on for one second and objectively look at whats an acceptable change. Might as well add in a change request - sorcs can no longer be killed - with that list.

Have you ever used streak? Annnnd. Lining up the burst IS the problem....because if you dont the randomised damage isnt enough to take people down. A sorc on the back foot rarely wins because it relys on the damage lining up. Soooo and I know im betrying fellow sorcs here. If you cc me in between or purge stuff or los for a brief moment. I have to go threw the motions again. Cuz ma bleeds wont keepa ticking away... I just lol at people if they think mag sorc is strong. Its the easiest countered class there is.

Wardens and dks laugh at us. Anything stam has more powerful mobility, sustain, damage and heals.

Options
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The magblade has much better heals, pressure and sustain. Here's what Sorcs need:

1) A HoT that keeps us alive long enough to make our complicated burst connect. Like a Magicka Vigor. Yeah, you heard me.

3) The targeting issues with Frags need to be fixed so that we can actually hit melee builds.

5) We need SOMETHING to help with sustain... more cost reduction maybe? Could the pets feed us resources like Engine Guardian?

5. Run dark conversion

But honestly if you cant kill someone with a sorc burst the problems go deeper then needing all of this:) curse + spammable x2 + endless + stun + frag equals dead:)

1) I almost stopped reading when you mentioned Rapid Regen, LOL. There is nothing in the Resto line even remotely capable of matching the power and utility of Vigor... other than the ultimate!

2) Yes, I use the Overload heavy attack and yes, it's very good for frying potatoes. But good luck killing a good DK like @Gunzork with that $#*%!

3) Wow, Streak to gain distance? Why the heck haven't I thought of that, considering Streak is on my front bar and everything? I got bad news for ya, bro: gap closers exist. Never mind the fact that when the Streak ends... you're facing the wrong way!

4) I've done extensive testing of all the means available to Sorcs to proc Skoria, including the ones you've mentioned. What I've found is that it's VERY, VERY difficult for a Sorc to proc Skoria at a rate of more than once every 10 seconds without making terrible sacrifices with your build. Meanwhile, Templars and DKs can proc it on cooldown without even trying!

5) "Run Dark Conversion..." Just stop. You're starting to sound like a death recap suggestion! Should I reboot my router, too?

Of course I can "kill someone with a sorc burst...". I don't care if I kill 20 friggin' potatos in five minutes (and sometimes I do!) The problem is that I can't kill EVERYONE who can kill me, not when the game is full of wing flappers and cloakers who can completely avoid my combo and then turn around and burst ME. And what good is a burst combo against one of these bleed builds that can melt you down before your first curse even goes off? When are you forum "experts" going to get that through your thick skulls? Don't even get me started on oblivion damage builds...

Edited by Emma_Overload on November 26, 2018 9:39PM
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

5. Run dark conversion

1) I almost stopped reading when you mentioned Rapid Regen, LOL. There is nothing in the Resto line even remotely capable of matching the power and utility of Vigor... other than the ultimate!

2) Yes, I use the Overload heavy attack and yes, it's very good for frying potatoes. But good luck killing a good DK like @Gunzork with that $#*%!

3) Wow, Streak to gain distance? Why the heck haven't I thought of that, considering Streak is on my front bar and everything? I got bad news for ya, bro: gap closers exist. Never mind the fact that when the Streak ends... you're facing the wrong way!

4) I've done extensive testing of all the means available to Sorcs to proc Skoria, including the ones you've mentioned. What I've found is that it's VERY, VERY difficult for a Sorc to proc Skoria at a rate of more than once every 10 seconds without making terrible sacrifices with your build. Meanwhile, Templars and DKs can proc it on cooldown without even trying!

5) "Run Dark Conversion..." Just stop. You're starting to sound like a death recap suggestion! Should I reboot my router, too?

Of course I can "kill someone with a sorc burst...". I don't care if I kill 20 friggin' potatos in five minutes (and sometimes I do!) The problem is that I can't kill EVERYONE who can kill me, not when the game is full of wing flappers and cloakers who can completely avoid my combo and then turn around and burst ME. And what good is a burst combo against one of these bleed builds that can melt you down before your first curse even goes off? When are you forum "experts" going to get that through your thick skulls? Don't even get me started on oblivion damage builds...

Double dots, degeneration, destro clench, soulshine should be procing skoria on cooldown.

Vigor is a high tooltip because it doesn't have 15% extra healing on low health and doesn't have 5% extra healing. Though both requires you to havea staff equipped.

The strength of the weaponas a bacbar weapon is that ultimate, with life giver giving you access to all of the skills mentioned above without wasting barspace. Seriously try life giver with rapid Regen, combat prayer, Ward ally. With Sorc cheaper ultimate costs you should be using resto on cooldown.

I wouldn't use degeneration however. Sorc sorcery with crit dmg heals is much better on paper. Then use crit health pots.

What's important for a Sorc bar? Most classes still havebar space issues, but I think we can find some ways to swap things around.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I is skillful cause i canpress a button every so often and thats more skillful denyuz cause your frag fired atz me unstead of the guyz you were firing at.

Wungzzz uzzz skillful play

Mmmkayyyyy
    Ummm. Wut?
    Edited by pieratsos on November 26, 2018 10:23PM
    Options
  • Mintaka5
    Mintaka5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Emma_Overload

You know what's sad is that not only did ZOS make magblades the new OP magsorc, but I don't even use sorc or magicka heals anymore. In fact I have been having better luck with vigor on my magsorc. It goes to show us that stamina-centric builds do have all the more effective skills. A magsorc using a stamina based heal

1) On that note, agreed rapid regen is *** poor compared to vigor. I agree. All NBs/DKs can bleed/poison me down before rapid regen even gets started. And it's not garunteed to heal you either. Tooltip --> "...healing you OR up to 2 nearby allies"

2) Overload is easily dodgeable trash. It works great if it actually would hit more than 0.00000001% of the time.

3) Streak is garbage as well. Every gap closing skill in this game can negate it's distance. I triple streak when getting chased, and somehow it's not enough. The damage is marginal at best, and the stun is worthless, it's as if no one gets stunned by it.

4) 10 seconds to wait for Skoria proc? I am crying from laughter. Might as well pot shot that NB, go AFK for a drink, and come back to the fight.

5) see my comment on rapid regen regarding dark conversion (1.2s cast time). Usually dead after 1 second.
    Edited by Mintaka5 on November 26, 2018 10:34PM
    Options
  • Witar
    Witar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Burst combo on magsorc is kinda way more difficult then on stamden for example. Been so many times people went from full health to execute range or even straight died from just bugs and dawnbreaker when timed right. Stamina right now have so much more damage and utility then sorcs it's not even funny. Much easier to learn too.
    Edited by Witar on November 27, 2018 2:43AM
    It cannot be seen, cannot be felt,
    Cannot be heard, cannot be smelt,
    It lies behind stars and under hills,
    And empty holes it fills,
    It comes first and follows after,
    Ends life, kills laughter.
    Options
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

5. Run dark conversion

You're not supposed to be able to kill everyone with impunity. Some classes are better at countering other classes. You'd know this if you weren't a one trick pony that can't play other classes. This has been the case for every class based MMO. DK's are the counter to magicka classes...when's that going to get through your thick skull?
    Mintaka5 wrote: »
    @Emma_Overload

You know what's sad is that not only did ZOS make magblades the new OP magsorc, but I don't even use sorc or magicka heals anymore. In fact I have been having better luck with vigor on my magsorc. It goes to show us that stamina-centric builds do have all the more effective skills. A magsorc using a stamina based heal

1) On that note, agreed rapid regen is *** poor compared to vigor. I agree. All NBs/DKs can bleed/poison me down before rapid regen even gets started. And it's not garunteed to heal you either. Tooltip --> "...healing you OR up to 2 nearby allies"

2) Overload is easily dodgeable trash. It works great if it actually would hit more than 0.00000001% of the time.

3) Streak is garbage as well. Every gap closing skill in this game can negate it's distance. I triple streak when getting chased, and somehow it's not enough. The damage is marginal at best, and the stun is worthless, it's as if no one gets stunned by it.

4) 10 seconds to wait for Skoria proc? I am crying from laughter. Might as well pot shot that NB, go AFK for a drink, and come back to the fight.

5) see my comment on rapid regen regarding dark conversion (1.2s cast time). Usually dead after 1 second.

You do realize most of a DK's defensive capabilities cost magicka, do you not? Reflective Plate, Obsidian Shield, Volatile Armor...all cost magicka. And you're talking about one skill costing stam?

And yes, my main is a sorc.
    I just don't personally think they should be unstoppable killing machines that should "be able to kill EVERYONE who can kill me"
    Edited by Kel on November 27, 2018 5:00AM
    Options
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Irylia wrote: »

5. Run dark conversion

So you only need a combo of about 6 different skills to line up perfectly without being interrupted to kill someone? Got it.

As opposed to spamming one button?

Aren’t you the stamsorc who relies on sets to kill

Drop caltrops and hope procs kill the enemy

Caltrops is my spammable.
    Options
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jabrone77 wrote: »

5. Run dark conversion

You're not supposed to be able to kill everyone with impunity. Some classes are better at countering other classes. You'd know this if you weren't a one trick pony that can't play other classes. This has been the case for every class based MMO. DK's are the counter to magicka classes...when's that going to get through your thick skull?
    @Emma_Overload

You do realize most of a DK's defensive capabilities cost magicka, do you not? Reflective Plate, Obsidian Shield, Volatile Armor...all cost magicka. And you're talking about one skill costing stam?

I just don't personally think they should be unstoppable killing machines that should "be able to kill EVERYONE who can kill me"

What a garbage !!! Everyone ditched sorc and your main is magic sorc now ? Sorc dps is way lower than other classes even in PVE. Only noobs now play magic sorc.
    Your main is overpowered cheesy DK. Soon everyone will be DK . Please dont lie in forums. No one will believe not matter how hard DKs crying.
    Edited by Priyasekarssk on November 27, 2018 5:19AM
    Options
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm sorry, but I really don't think sorcs need a HoT. The good specs I've faced are quite hard to kill with shields and streak, especially with their sick range. They're plenty sturdy enough when used correctly.

You run fortified brass on an Argonian. You have zero damage because you're scared to die and build like a PvE tank.

Don't complain when you can't kill things and try to misconstrue it as an issue of the enemy's class.
    Edited by TheYKcid on November 27, 2018 7:45AM
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
    Options
  • Neloth
    Neloth
    ✭✭✭✭

5. Run dark conversion

@Emma_Overload

Enlighten me, what class is a counter to magDK then?
    Edited by Neloth on November 27, 2018 9:35AM
    Options
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neloth wrote: »

5. Run dark conversion

@Emma_Overload

Stamplar and magplar
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If an opponent can kill me but I can't kill him I call that an issue if it's because of class abilities and not skill/build lay out.

That's redonkulous.

There's nothing stamina can't kill but can be killed by. Bleeds etc can bring down anything capable of killing it.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

5. Run dark conversion

@Emma_Overload

Stamplar and magplar

This is the thing.. The game does kind of have classes which are specific hard or soft counters to other classes.. But I really don't know where the balance team are going with that..
    DK's are a hard counter to sorcs (and ranged Magblades). .despite the DK forumites saying 'just change all your skills build etc. so you have a chance vs your hard counter - but will be crap vs everyone else'.. Doesn't change that they are a hard counter.

The problem with sorcs though... they are hard-countered by:
    • DK
    • Warden (shimmering)
    Soft-countered by:
    • templar (purging curse/fury) and strong heals between bursts
    And *used to* be a hard counter to gankblades, mostly because having a smidgeon of life left after a gank could be covered by strong shields.. But now:
    • Made defensive rune useless
    • Removed the overload bar making it so there is no space to slot it either
    • Made it (and cage) dodgeable
    • Dialled back the damage so when you do land a full, undodged, uncloaked burst, they don't die anymore.
    • Dialled it back further if you want a shield strong enough to keep you alive after a gank
    • Added a great big eye to inner-light, detect pots etc..
    Basically, sorcs still have their hard counters - but they don't hard-counter anyone else anymore.. except noobs (as already mentioned) who don't know what to do for the next 3 seconds when they're suddenly surrounded by a purple cloud..

Still, at least they're now better (comparatively) at running away.
    Edited by Biro123 on November 27, 2018 10:58AM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
    Options
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

5. Run dark conversion

@Emma_Overload

What a garbage !!! Everyone ditched sorc and your main is magic sorc now ? Sorc dps is way lower than other classes even in PVE. Only noobs now play magic sorc.
    Your main is overpowered cheesy DK. Soon everyone will be DK . Please dont lie in forums. No one will believe not matter how hard DKs crying.

You've been saying sorc was garbage since Summerset when they were top of the mountain.

You are the same person who asked for video of my sorc winning a duel tournament and when shown one still said sorc was garbage.

I've shown videos and screen shots of my sorc. But yes, in fact I have a mag/stam version of every class. Exactly why I know what class can counter what class. I don't ONLY play sorc like some in this forum that believe thier class should have zero weakness what so ever...that is ridiculous. Sure, sorc isn't the same, but I've still had good success with it. I've shown results in another post, I'm not playing that game in this one. You wish to know, look it up for yourself.

Truth is, I'm pretty sure you are just a garbage player who never has and never will be good at this game. If you thought sorc was garbage at the beginning of Summerset, who would even consider taking your opinion seriously?

Will not respond to you futher. You obviously don't know what you're talking about.
    Edited by Kel on November 27, 2018 11:20AM
    Options
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

5. Run dark conversion

@Emma_Overload

He is a garbage. Don't listen to him. Make a DK or NB. Sorcerer is garbage beyond repair. You cannot win a DK OR NB in competitive game play.
    Options
  • Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But do you have a nice house?

Hhahahah templar hobo house :D
    Options
  • Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »

5. Run dark conversion

@Emma_Overload

Stamplar and magplar

This is the thing.. The game does kind of have classes which are specific hard or soft counters to other classes.. But I really don't know where the balance team are going with that..
    DK's are a hard counter to sorcs (and ranged Magblades). .despite the DK forumites saying 'just change all your skills build etc. so you have a chance vs your hard counter - but will be crap vs everyone else'.. Doesn't change that they are a hard counter.

The problem with sorcs though... they are hard-countered by:
    • DK
    • Warden (shimmering)
    Soft-countered by:
    • templar (purging curse/fury) and strong heals between bursts
    And *used to* be a hard counter to gankblades, mostly because having a smidgeon of life left after a gank could be covered by strong shields.. But now:
    • Made defensive rune useless
    • Removed the overload bar making it so there is no space to slot it either
    • Made it (and cage) dodgeable
    • Dialled back the damage so when you do land a full, undodged, uncloaked burst, they don't die anymore.
    • Dialled it back further if you want a shield strong enough to keep you alive after a gank
    • Added a great big eye to inner-light, detect pots etc..
    Basically, sorcs still have their hard counters - but they don't hard-counter anyone else anymore.. except noobs (as already mentioned) who don't know what to do for the next 3 seconds when they're suddenly surrounded by a purple cloud..

Still, at least they're now better (comparatively) at running away.

This pretty much sums it up, except that NBs are also pretty also hard counters to magsorcs these days:
    Stamblades dodge (and cloak) all of the damage except for curse
    Magblades cloak all of the damage except for curse
    Both can consistently and continuously avoid any meaningful damage dealt by mag sorcs as sorcs complete lacks tools to counter both dodge roll and cloak .... and no a curse dealing 3k damage after 3.5 sec is not enough to counter cloak as you can recloak faster than the sorc can reaquire you as the target once the curse breaks your cloak.

Options
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I want is a once per account class change token... Only once so it cannot be abused... Just one so I can change my Altmer magsorc to an Altmer magdk.
    Options
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

5. Run dark conversion

@Emma_Overload

Stamplar and magplar

I'd say magplar and stamina and melee magblade but honestly thats a discount stamblade
    Edited by BigBadVolk on November 28, 2018 11:52AM
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
    Options
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone even play melee Magblade anymore? I haven't seen one in...I don't even know how long.
    Options