Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dear magsorcs...

Neloth
Neloth
✭✭✭✭
Just wanted to share my stats with you...

I have:
- 50k max mag
- 23k health, 12.5k stam
- 1.9k mag recovery, 800 stam recovery
- 26k+ resists
- 3k crit resist
- 11.5k annulment
- (!) 2 flex spots

But I’m a magblade :(

#balance
#feels good
#nerf sorc
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But do you have a nice house?
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stats aren't the problem.

The magblade has much better heals, pressure and sustain. Here's what Sorcs need:

1) A HoT that keeps us alive long enough to make our complicated burst connect. Like a Magicka Vigor. Yeah, you heard me.

2) Overload needs to be UNREFLECTABLE... it's a frigging ultimate! This will help us pressure even DKs.

3) The targeting issues with Frags need to be fixed so that we can actually hit melee builds.

4) We could really use a decent DoT to add pressure and proc Skoria.

5) We need SOMETHING to help with sustain... more cost reduction maybe? Could the pets feed us resources like Engine Guardian?
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like magblade, finally tried it the other day...too bad i suck at it
  • Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2) Overload needs to be UNREFLECTABLE... it's a frigging ultimate! This will help us pressure even DKs.

It's a spammable ultimate that can be canceled if used at an inopportune time, so the counterplay needs to be high. Meteor deserved to become unreflectable because saving up 170+ ult and then having it slapped right back in your face with zero repercussions to the target was highly imbalanced.

If you don't want your shots fired back, do the Palpatine.
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
    Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
  • Neloth
    Neloth
    ✭✭✭✭

The magblade has much better heals, pressure and sustain. Here's what Sorcs need:

1) A HoT that keeps us alive long enough to make our complicated burst connect. Like a Magicka Vigor. Yeah, you heard me.

3) The targeting issues with Frags need to be fixed so that we can actually hit melee builds.

5) We need SOMETHING to help with sustain... more cost reduction maybe? Could the pets feed us resources like Engine Guardian?

Stats are the problem. The amount of dmg, sustain and surviavibilty coming from those I listed is incredible. In order to achieve the same efficiency on sorc, I’ll have to give up 10/10 skill slots just for utility skills, which is inaccaptable.

Btw, you have magickamagicka vigor, it’s rapid regen, but wait, you don’t have a skill slot for it. You also won’t have a skill slot for a dot, boundless storm (if you want to run scoria 8nstead of resist set) or a sustain pet.

Btw you also have a great sustain tool, dark deal, but it is also hard to fit in your bars.

P.S. on my magblade I sometimes run double take just for an invasion buff against stamdens, lol. Can you imagine running it on magsorc, if you got the same skill?
    Edited by Neloth on November 25, 2018 5:49PM
  • Stigant
    Stigant
    ✭✭✭✭
    Neloth wrote: »
    Just wanted to share my stats with you...

I have:
    - 50k max mag
    - 23k health, 12.5k stam
    - 1.9k mag recovery, 800 stam recovery
    - 26k+ resists
    - 3k crit resist
    - 11.5k annulment
    - (!) 2 flex spots

But I’m a magblade :(

#balance
    #feels good
    #nerf sorc

Yo, there really ain't no need to trigger Sorcs against Nightblades, mate... they open a nerfNB thread once a week anyway.
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Btw, you have magickamagicka vigor, it’s rapid regen, but wait, you don’t have a skill slot for it. You also won’t have a skill slot for a dot, boundless storm (if you want to run scoria 8nstead of resist set) or a sustain pet.
    I wouldn't compare Rapid Regen and Vigor. If Echoing Vigor were changed to be a magicka clone of Resolving Vigor, I'd be willing to bet that a lot of builds would find room for it, and virtually no one would ever run Rapid Regen anymore (outside of maybe someone healing large groups, since the range would matter more?)
  • DarkJester1
    DarkJester1
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry, but I really don't think sorcs need a HoT. The good specs I've faced are quite hard to kill with shields and streak, especially with their sick range. They're plenty sturdy enough when used correctly.
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Alpheu5 wrote: »

It's a spammable ultimate that can be canceled if used at an inopportune time, so the counterplay needs to be high. Meteor deserved to become unreflectable because saving up 170+ ult and then having it slapped right back in your face with zero repercussions to the target was highly imbalanced.

Meteor becoming unreflectable was one of the worst changes. The target shouldnt have repercussions for playing smart and countering ur abilities. It should be slapped right back in ur face if ur dumb enough to throw a meteor at someone with reflect.
  • Jakx
    Jakx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every buff post ever.

Hi, I'm X class. We suk. Please take away all weaknesses from my class. Please don't allow counterplay. No I don't recognize that my class is actually strong.
    Joined September 2013
  • Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pieratsos wrote: »

Meteor becoming unreflectable was one of the worst changes. The target shouldnt have repercussions for playing smart and countering ur abilities. It should be slapped right back in ur face if ur dumb enough to throw a meteor at someone with reflect.

There's a difference between counterplay and a hard counter. Bashing Soul Assault is a hard counter. Reflecting Meteor is a hard counter. Breaking free from Negate is a hard counter. Dodging Dawnbreaker is a hard counter. They specifically said that they want ultimates to be skills worth casting. Being able to completely nullify all of their effects with a simple action defeats that purpose.
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
    Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Stats are the problem. The amount of dmg, sustain and surviavibilty coming from those I listed is incredible. In order to achieve the same efficiency on sorc, I’ll have to give up 10/10 skill slots just for utility skills, which is inaccaptable.

Btw you also have a great sustain tool, dark deal, but it is also hard to fit in your bars.

P.S. on my magblade I sometimes run double take just for an invasion buff against stamdens, lol. Can you imagine running it on magsorc, if you got the same skill?

Rapid Regen is an incredibly weak heal, about 500 HP per second. Vigor is probably twice as strong, at least.

Vigor allows you to double bar weapon lines. Rapid Regen requires you to back bar Resto staff.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Neloth
    Neloth
    ✭✭✭✭

Rapid Regen is an incredibly weak heal, about 500 HP per second. Vigor is probably twice as strong, at least.

Vigor allows you to double bar weapon lines. Rapid Regen requires you to back bar Resto staff.

Dropping resto on a mag class is at least arguable (heavy attacks resource return, healing ward, ult, light attacks to remove wings are the first crucial things which come to my mind about resto).

But I agree with you mostly, yes, mag vigor:

- will allow better build diversity, which is always perfect
    - will put sorcs in a better spot

However, it will also make other mag classes with good self heals, such as magpars, magDKs and magblade A LOT more stronger. So much stronger to the point that next patch ZoS will just start nerfing their core class skills (for example removing self-heal from embers), which will eventually make other classes not fun to play, like it already happened to magsorc after frag nerfs.

That’s not what I want to happen to other classes (even if I don’t play them), so I say no to magickamagicka vigor. If sorcs should ask about strong HOT, it should be class-specific.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jakx wrote: »
    Every buff post ever.

Hi, I'm X class. We suk. Please take away all weaknesses from my class. Please don't allow counterplay. No I don't recognize that my class is actually strong.

Care to explain to me what about sorc is particularly strong in the current patch - outside of running away (but nb is better at that too if we ignore shade bug).
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Neloth
    Neloth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    Every buff post ever.

Care to explain to me what about sorc is particularly strong in the current patch - outside of running away (but nb is better at that too if we ignore shade bug).

Can I, can I?

DeLaYEd BuRsT iS sTrOnG
    sHiElDs OP
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every buff post ever.

Nightblades can only “run away” to places they’ve already been. This means that in a BG or openworld, when fighting outnumbered, their escape mechanic isn’t terribly strong because they’ll just go back into the middle of a fight. It’s only strong when fighting 1 or 2 people, or if the stamblade has allies around to kite behind.

Sorc is now the most mobile class in the game.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Neloth
    Neloth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    Every buff post ever.

Nightblades can only “run away” to places they’ve already been. This means that in a BG or openworld, when fighting outnumbered, their escape mechanic isn’t terribly strong because they’ll just go back into the middle of a fight. It’s only strong when fighting 1 or 2 people, or if the stamblade has allies around to kite behind.

Actually I think that magNB has much better chances of escaping an angry small scale group compared to magsorc and reseting a fight. If they sit on you - just fear, shade and cloak. If they all stay on shade - just cloak away. If they split with someone camping you shade - just try to put a new one, or port to it, CC camping dude and cloak.

In the meantime if angry small scale group wants to kill a magsorc, they will follow him and kill, and I don't see another scenario except they stop chasing him from boredom.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uh can I get your magblade build?
    Every buff post ever.

Actually I think that magNB has much better chances of escaping an angry small scale group compared to magsorc and reseting a fight. If they sit on you - just fear, shade and cloak. If they all stay on shade - just cloak away. If they split with someone camping you shade - just try to put a new one, or port to it, CC camping dude and cloak.

In the meantime if angry small scale group wants to kill a magsorc, they will follow him and kill, and I don't see another scenario except they stop chasing him from boredom.

You realize if you have fear shade and cloak on your bar you’re going to be missing a ton of necessary skills.
    Edited by Vapirko on November 26, 2018 10:17AM
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

There's a difference between counterplay and a hard counter. Bashing Soul Assault is a hard counter. Reflecting Meteor is a hard counter. Breaking free from Negate is a hard counter. Dodging Dawnbreaker is a hard counter. They specifically said that they want ultimates to be skills worth casting. Being able to completely nullify all of their effects with a simple action defeats that purpose.
    No one is forcing you to throw a meteor at someone. It's ur choice.

According to you everything is a hard counter then. Unfortunately that's the mentality of the game these days and we ended up with a meta in which everything ignore mechanics.

Reflect and double reflect meteors was one of the prime examples of how the mechanics should work. Mechanics that separated good players from the bad promoting skillful gameplay making the players using their brain before they do something. Not this crap we have now with everyone pressing random buttons without thinking and without repercussions.
  • Jurand80
    Jurand80
    ✭✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    But do you have a nice house?

You made my day xD
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Every buff post ever.

You realize if you have fear shade and cloak on your bar you’re going to be missing a ton of necessary skills.

And it’s not even the “double-bar-everything” and “single-purpose-skills” class.

Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Neloth
    Neloth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Every buff post ever.

- 5 necropotence, 2 bloodspawn, 5 bright throat
    - mage mundus
    - witch mother's food
    - all arcane rings/nec, 2 spell dmg, 1 mag recovery
    - defending back bar, nirn/infused front
    - ass will, SS, cripple, cloak, clench, incap/soul harvest front bar
    - flex, flex, dampen ward, healing ward, shade, resto ult back bar.

on the 2 flex spot I run either siphoning attacks, mutagen, double take, fear, concealed weapon, (last one goes to the front bar, cripple goes to the back bar)

The only problem with this build is telegraphed state of ass will, but well, at least you have non-telegraphed clench (chose one with short range).

And no, what necessary skills am I missing?
    Edited by Neloth on November 26, 2018 10:26AM
  • Neloth
    Neloth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    Every buff post ever.

And it’s not even the “double-bar-everything” and “single-purpose-skills” class.

You realise that if you have streak, 3 shields and boundless on your bar, you'll be missing a ton of necessary skills?
  • Zelos
    Zelos
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1. Run rapid regen or Mutagen
    2. Heavy attack with overload its op
    3. Streak through them to get distance then turn and frag
    4. Run destructive touch and degeneration to proc skoria
    5. Run dark conversion

But honestly if you cant kill someone with a sorc burst the problems go deeper then needing all of this:) curse + spammable x2 + endless + stun + frag equals dead:)
    Aeonhack - AD Stamina Nightblade - 5 Star General

CP1200

Creator and user of "Questionable" addons and game mechanics.
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zelos wrote: »

5. Run dark conversion

But honestly if you cant kill someone with a sorc burst the problems go deeper then needing all of this:) curse + spammable x2 + endless + stun + frag equals dead:)

So you only need a combo of about 6 different skills to line up perfectly without being interrupted to kill someone? Got it.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

5. Run dark conversion

So you only need a combo of about 6 different skills to line up perfectly without being interrupted to kill someone? Got it.

As opposed to spamming one button?
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dropping resto on a mag class is at least arguable (heavy attacks resource return, healing ward, ult, light attacks to remove wings are the first crucial things which come to my mind about resto).

But I agree with you mostly, yes, mag vigor:

- will allow better build diversity, which is always perfect
    - will put sorcs in a better spot

However, it will also make other mag classes with good self heals, such as magpars, magDKs and magblade A LOT more stronger. So much stronger to the point that next patch ZoS will just start nerfing their core class skills (for example removing self-heal from embers), which will eventually make other classes not fun to play, like it already happened to magsorc after frag nerfs.

That’s not what I want to happen to other classes (even if I don’t play them), so I say no to magickamagicka vigor. If sorcs should ask about strong HOT, it should be class-specific.

You are wasting time on a dead horse I mean magic sorc. Dont you have enough sorcs to kill and everyone is NB or DK or warden ? No one is going to agree to you ***. Magic sorc is non existent. There is nothing further to discuss. Already many switched to NB, DK or wardens . Someone want noobs to play magic sorc so that they cannot able to kill since everyone is playing overpowered classes.

Advise to newbies. Never ever choose magic sorc. Its complete garbage.
    Edited by Priyasekarssk on November 26, 2018 4:03PM
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »

5. Run dark conversion

As opposed to spamming one button?

Except they were never just spamming one button. Good try i guess. Now lets go through other classes. Curious to listen about ur theory of their combos that are more complicated and they are not just "spamming one button".
  • Jakx
    Jakx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mag sorc has some of the easiest burst to line up and its effective. This game isnt inherently difficult for any class so I think this argument is moot anyway but what do you want. Throw curse, spammable for proc, put your pre execute up that waits for target to drop below threshold lol, and use frag proc. It more than often perfectly lines up for a kill. I didnt even throw an Ult in.

Get fancy and use the best mobility in the game with streak if you desire.

I read the list of requested Sorc changes and it reads as a laundry list of things that ignore game balance and absolves sorcs of all of their weaknesses. Put your game developer hat on for one second and objectively look at whats an acceptable change. Might as well add in a change request - sorcs can no longer be killed - with that list.
    Joined September 2013
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mag sorc has some of the easiest burst to line up and its effective. This game isnt inherently difficult for any class so I think this argument is moot anyway but what do you want. Throw curse, spammable for proc, put your pre execute up that waits for target to drop below threshold lol, and use frag proc. It more than often perfectly lines up for a kill. I didnt even throw an Ult in.

Are you fighting target dummies?
    I read the list of requested Sorc changes and it reads as a laundry list of things that ignore game balance and absolves sorcs of all of their weaknesses. Put your game developer hat on for one second and objectively look at whats an acceptable change. Might as well add in a change request - sorcs can no longer be killed - with that list.

Care to elaborate about that list?