Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

1500 crowns per outfit slot (1 slot) just under $1200 for every slot

• JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭
    bought 1 slot.
    used it at (thanks fortune) at main character.
    then, relogged to another character to design new outfit...and ... ***...naturally scammed.
    On Outfit slot upgrade there are any information that it is not account-wide.
    outfitslotinfo.png

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom I expect apologizes from Zenimax for such scam and adding the description "Only for one character" on this good, or making it account-wide. U've stole my money.
    Edited by JusticeSouldier on November 12, 2018 10:10AM
    all classes. pc platform, dissapointed.
  • richo262
    richo262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought 4 slots! I'm in 4 times the pain as you hah.... :(

Definitely feeling like a sucker right now.
  • Sky_WK
    Sky_WK
    ✭✭✭✭
    bought 1 slot.
    then, relogged to another character to design new outfit...and ... ***...naturally scammed.
    outfitslotinfo.png

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom I expect apologizes from Zenimax for such scam and adding the description "Only for one character" on this good, or making it account-wide. U've stole my money.

This game is a shoddily developed pathetic money grab, it's a step above a Korean mmo or early access fps lol.
    i do not read replies. still playing stamdk for some reason.
  • Itacira
    Itacira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Sky_WK I played a korean MMO - RappelZ - and it sure as hell wasn't as bad as TESO when it comes to this
    PC/EU - PVE 2H stam orc petsorc (meta, what meta?) ww - terrible dps - mediocre player - fun times - free ww bites to whomever asks so don't be shy if interested
  • todokete
    todokete
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    haha you deserve it for not researching first
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still no reply from ZOS ?

That is low
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morgul667 wrote: »

That is low

Default answer for requested changes or redress is, "we have no plans to do that at this time." If that changes, they will let us know.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morgul667 wrote: »

That is low

Default answer for requested changes or redress is, "we have no plans to do that at this time." If that changes, they will let us know.

And then they never say anything ever again.
  • Esha76
    Esha76
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still haven't caved on this, and I check back on this thread regularly.

I have all 15 characters looking the way I like in their primary appearance, which has used up the free outfit slot. If these things were account wide, I probably would have bought all 10 by now, as I used to be big on acquiring motifs. As outfit slots are not account-wide, I am also not buying any motif pages off other players, or motifs from the crown store.
    "There is no moisture in your angry stares." - Laughs-at-All
    "I don't know why I bother guarding you horrible people." - Orama Sadas
    "Scales here is about to have a really bad day..." - Valeric
    "Just tell me what you're doing here before I turn your heart into a tomato..." - Sereyne
    "Break those rocks! Dig those ditches! Why??? Because I want you to!!!" - Ifriz the Unraveller
    "There are worse masters than I. Far worse." - Molag Bal
    "I humiliated the Daedra in Mehrunes Spite." - You, when turning in a specific Undaunted Daily.
    "I'm not finding you very pleasant!" - Adla the Brewer
    "Old Ri'hirr likes his birds slow and stupid!" - Old Ri'hirr
    "When things get dirty... Oh, I get so flustered." - Meredil the Archivist
    "Too many Argonians about these days..." - Davon's Watch Guard (though I think this one has been removed from game)
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    todokete wrote: »

This is a silly response. Based on the price, who would every think that it is limited to a single character? And based on the text, there is nothing to make it clear that the pricing is as ludicrous as it is.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »
    todokete wrote: »

This is a silly response. Based on the price, who would every think that it is limited to a single character? And based on the text, there is nothing to make it clear that the pricing is as ludicrous as it is.

Sadly... they are not entirely wrong. There are definitely some "buyer beware" conditions that apply here. People should do research before purchasing a number of things, not just this item.
  • Morgha_Kul
    Morgha_Kul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Esha76 wrote: »

I have all 15 characters looking the way I like in their primary appearance, which has used up the free outfit slot. If these things were account wide, I probably would have bought all 10 by now, as I used to be big on acquiring motifs. As outfit slots are not account-wide, I am also not buying any motif pages off other players, or motifs from the crown store.

And consider how much money they would have made from you if you had bought all those outfit slots, and how much on those motifs. That's LOST REVENUE.

Considering that you're just one of many, consider how much lost revenue there has been over this.
    Exploring Tamriel since 1994.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morgha_Kul wrote: »
    Esha76 wrote: »

And consider how much money they would have made from you if you had bought all those outfit slots, and how much on those motifs. That's LOST REVENUE.

Considering that you're just one of many, consider how much lost revenue there has been over this.

I think, put simply, is that when the Senior Producer of Annoying Monetization got wind of what the devs were planning to do with Outfits, rules were put in place to prevent treading on Monetization turf. Outfits can compete with Costumes. After a bitter mudball fight, it was decided that the limiting factor would be price and scope. Expensive slots usable only on one character.

(Disclaimer - "Senior Producer of Annoying Monetization" is not a real position in the Studio, as much as y'all might want that job. It is a personification of the business side of the Studio.)
    Edited by Elsonso on November 15, 2018 10:12AM
  • Itacira
    Itacira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually this conversation brings the question : why are some players in such a hurry to defend this kind of marketing schemes ? Is this some kind of Stockholm syndrome derivative ?
    PC/EU - PVE 2H stam orc petsorc (meta, what meta?) ww - terrible dps - mediocre player - fun times - free ww bites to whomever asks so don't be shy if interested
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Itacira wrote: »
    Actually this conversation brings the question : why are some players in such a hurry to defend this kind of marketing schemes ? Is this some kind of Stockholm syndrome derivative ?

I'd rather ask "why are some players in such a hurry to bash this kind of marketing schemes instead of simply not buying, which would be the only way to make ZOS lower the prices ? Is this some kind of enjoyment of wasting time and energy ? "
    Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on November 16, 2018 10:56PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd rather ask "why are some players in such a hurry to bash this kind of marketing schemes instead of simply not buying, which would be the only way to make ZOS lower the prices ? Is this some kind of enjoyment of wasting time and energy ? "

When people do not buy, and do not say why, ZOS has to guess why before they can ignore the reason. When people do not buy, and make it clear why they are not buying, then ZOS knows why and can go straight to ignoring us. Saves ZOS a step. :smile:
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

When people do not buy, and do not say why, ZOS has to guess why before they can ignore the reason. When people do not buy, and make it clear why they are not buying, then ZOS knows why and can go straight to ignoring us. Saves ZOS a step. :smile:

lmao, I love this post.

Made me imagine them sitting around, trying to figure out why no one was buying the slots and then concluding it MUST be because they're available all the time so we MUST need more limited time exclusives so we can feel special for managing to nab one.

Thanks for the chuckle. :D
    Edited by heaven13 on November 16, 2018 11:42PM
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • Itacira
    Itacira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @anitajoneb17_ESO I just do not have the words for you. I'm absolutely appalled. It's even made all the worse because you yourself admit that it has a scamming aspect to it, and such the legality of it could be contested. And yet... Have a nice day
    Edited by Itacira on November 17, 2018 10:28PM
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @anitajoneb17_ESO I just do not have the words for you. I'm absolutely appalled. It's even made all the worse because you yourself admit that it has a scamming aspect to it, and such the legality of it could be contested. And yet... Have a nice day

Appalled by what ? If you don't have words, don't write.

The only thing I consider a potential scam from ZOS is that the character-based aspect of the outfit slots is not clearly mentioned to the customers.
    As to the rest, you look like someone who would demonstrate and shout at Dior or Chanel for selling expensive clothes and perfumes and call it a lack of democracy. It's just beyond ridiculous. If it's too expensive for you, or you think it's not worth the price, just don't buy it and move on. We're not talking about anything like food or shelter here. Just an asset in a video game that anyone can live without and even play without just fine.

Democracy is too important a subject to be confounded with your personal sense of entitlement.
    Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on November 18, 2018 1:34PM
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Isn't it obvious that you are talking about different sets of people? They aren't buying, but they want more outfit slots at a reasonable price. Customers SHOULD complain about things they don't like. Personally, I don't care since we are just talking about cosmetics here and I don't play games to dress up. But there is nothing wrong with those who do being vocal.

There is also nothing wrong with you finding them annoying. Just don't claim they are buying slots when they aren't.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »
    Isn't it obvious that you are talking about different sets of people? They aren't buying, but they want more outfit slots at a reasonable price. Customers SHOULD complain about things they don't like. Personally, I don't care since we are just talking about cosmetics here and I don't play games to dress up. But there is nothing wrong with those who do being vocal.

There is also nothing wrong with you finding them annoying. Just don't claim they are buying slots when they aren't.

I didn't say that (even if I suspect many of them to actually buy). And I don't deny them the right to express their wishes and dislikes - but I strongly disagree with the tone that is used. And to put things back in context, I was answering to this :

Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on November 18, 2018 11:41PM
  • richo262
    richo262
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, to this I have an answer ! Because
    a) voting with your wallet is actually a terribly inequal way of pretending to follow some form of democracy, since the more money you have the more important your vote will be. Thus, an absence of vote (of money use) erases you from the democratic system while those who vote (use the money) are heard

b) even if voting with one's money or lack thereof were to work, it is a terribly slow process, and we don't have time for this guarpoop in a video game that's supposed to be for enjoyment.

LOLOLOL, this person thinks it is a democracy. I got stung by the outfit slots, but even I don't have the hubris to think I have a say in the affairs of a company other than whether I wish to be a customer or not.

I'm appalled that you are appalled.

Besides, given now that democracy applies in EVERY aspect of life. @anitajoneb17_ESO and I just had a vote, and we voted that you give us each all your money. 2 out of 3 votes (I'm assuming you voted), sorry, majority rules, you wouldn't want to be undemocratic now would you?
  • Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭
    richo262 wrote: »
    Besides, given now that democracy applies in EVERY aspect of life. @anitajoneb17_ESO and I just had a vote, and we voted that you give us each all your money. 2 out of 3 votes (I'm assuming you voted), sorry, majority rules, you wouldn't want to be undemocratic now would you?

democracy principles are much more complicated https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democracy.
    Srry but your example is manipulation and gambling of words
    @Anethum from .ua
  • Morgha_Kul
    Morgha_Kul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good lord, you people are overcomplicating this.

It's all pretty simple.

They're charging an amount for this service/product that is disproportionately high, relative to similar services/products in other similar games.

This is causing a few things.

First, it's generating less revenue, as not everyone can afford or is willing to pay the excessive price.
    Second, it's generating ill will among the customers, as they feel they are being gouged if they pay the price.
    Third, it's generating ill will as customers are not being made aware that the product is limited to a single character. Indeed, this borders on fraudulent behaviour.
    Fourth, this ill will is degrading the reputation of the company as word of mouth spreads (and it IS), describing the company as greedy/corrupt.
    Fifth, this damage to their reputation discourages new customers from purchasing their product, which further damages their revenue.

Somewhere down this line lies the end of the game. It's not imminent, but it's there.

None of this has anything to do with democracy or anything else you care to use to obfuscate the issue.
    Exploring Tamriel since 1994.
  • Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭
    bought 1 slot.
    outfitslotinfo.png

I see here a core of problem with outfit slots.
    There is fraud with information about it in crown store.
    Price is a very secondary and own choice to buy or not.
    Edited by Anethum on November 19, 2018 10:25AM
    @Anethum from .ua
  • shiningforce
    shiningforce
    ✭✭✭
    I agree the price for outfit slots are WAY too high, nobody i even know buys them. I could see 1500 per 1 slot on EVERY character you own, but only ONE character getting 1 slot is ridiculously greedy!
    -- It is easy to be a Jerk Online; what do you win? Being Kind people remember you, help you, befriend you and you feel good too.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's all pretty simple.

They're charging an amount for this service/product that is disproportionately high, relative to similar services/products in other similar games.

This is causing a few things.

First, it's generating less revenue, as not everyone can afford or is willing to pay the excessive price.
    Second, it's generating ill will among the customers, as they feel they are being gouged if they pay the price.
    Third, it's generating ill will as customers are not being made aware that the product is limited to a single character. Indeed, this borders on fraudulent behaviour.
    Fourth, this ill will is degrading the reputation of the company as word of mouth spreads (and it IS), describing the company as greedy/corrupt.
    Fifth, this damage to their reputation discourages new customers from purchasing their product, which further damages their revenue.

Somewhere down this line lies the end of the game. It's not imminent, but it's there.

None of this has anything to do with democracy or anything else you care to use to obfuscate the issue.

That sums it up pretty well
  • richo262
    richo262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anethum wrote: »
    richo262 wrote: »

democracy principles are much more complicated https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democracy.
    Srry but your example is manipulation and gambling of words

Can you find the part where it says Democracy applies to customers complaining about the practices of a private citizen / company? Stake vs Beneficiary. For instance, a customer is a beneficiary (by choice, can do or not do business) a shareholder has a stake (they can usually vote). Another country that receives aid (can reject it) cannot vote in the aid giving countries election, but a citizen (has a stake, and is taxed for the privilege) can.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

TBH, saying that somewhere down that thought train lies the end of the game is also obfuscating the issue.

ZOS set the price and scope where they want it to be. Yeah, I don't agree, but this is what they want, and it is very likely meeting whatever criteria they had. Obviously, mass market sales were not a priority. This is obviously to protect Costume sales. Account wide was not a priority. Heck, I don't think half players would even use an account wide slot on more than one character. This is why they gave us all a free one. That one slot scratches the itch of the majority of players.

Remember, they know how many people are using outfit slots, and on how many characters, and how many are not. We have no clue. If ZOS saw something wrong in those numbers, they would have already changed something.

This does not mean that I will stop trying, but they never listened to me about Crown Crates, and I doubt they will listen to me about Outfit Slots. :smile:

EDIT: What ZOS can do is fix the @&#^! description so that people know what they are buying. That they have not done that also says something about their motives and practices. Not good things.
    Edited by Elsonso on November 19, 2018 1:42PM
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Remember, they know how many people are using outfit slots, and on how many characters, and how many are not. We have no clue. If ZOS saw something wrong in those numbers, they would have already changed something.

This does not mean that I will stop trying, but they never listened to me about Crown Crates, and I doubt they will listen to me about Outfit Slots. :smile:

EDIT: What ZOS can do is fix the @&#^! description so that people know what they are buying. That they have not done that also says something about their motives and practices. Not good things.

I dont know anyone who has bought even 1 slot, while I know many people who would have bought many if the prices were not that ridiculous

But you are right, the way they manage the description clearly says something about their motive and practices.

Edited by Morgul667 on November 19, 2018 2:04PM