Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Shor PC/NA "Official" Discussion

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Coming back tentatively after a few months away but keeping it fairly casual, no sub. I’m a little behind, what’s going to be good for solo/small scale stamina sorc/dk next patch? Aside from the cancer enchants? That said though I’m a little tired of trying to play “fair builds.”

The big thing is the Speed Meta is going to change a bit IMO. Major Expedition pots got a big nerf, with only about 15 sec of up time. Swift Jewelry reduced from 10% to 6% lots of abilities or item sets that granted Major Expedition have been reduced. Things will slow down a bit. Having said that, I think StamSorc is in the best place for Speed, since they still have Minor Expedition. The change to Dark Deal is a buff for StamSorc IMO. If you used the Third Bar from Overload, that is now gone, so bar space will be limited.

Three new outposts have been added to Cyrodiil. The gates and Alessia bridge can be destroyed.

Shields can be crit now.

Honestly I'm pretty excited for the changes.

Holy damn, just read the full notes. That’s pretty big. I can’t say I’m happy about that boundless change only giving 4 seconds major expedition. Some small but nice nice buffs for my Stam DK. The changes to wpn enchants are *** up. And I can’t help but feel combat is gonna be even more full of snares. Idk. A lot of changes, gonna have to see how it pans out.
  • nryerson1025
    nryerson1025
    ✭✭✭✭
    Could I make a plea to leaders across all 3 factions on Shor to please please please stop taking every point on the map and scroll? This is not a "my faction is the underdog" post; AD, EP and DC are guilty of this, some more than others.

It causes everyone to leave the camp and does not lead to efficient AP farming, especially for the ones taking it! What do you do after you're done?!

I understand it's very easy to just get caught up in sieging and conquering things, but I ask the leaders to stop and think if it is the best for THEIR own faction/group/AP/whatever they are trying to accomplish. If it is, then ignore me; if it's not, try some alternate methods of farming AP!
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could I make a plea to leaders across all 3 factions on Shor to please please please stop taking every point on the map and scroll? This is not a "my faction is the underdog" post; AD, EP and DC are guilty of this, some more than others.

It causes everyone to leave the camp and does not lead to efficient AP farming, especially for the ones taking it! What do you do after you're done?!

I understand it's very easy to just get caught up in sieging and conquering things, but I ask the leaders to stop and think if it is the best for THEIR own faction/group/AP/whatever they are trying to accomplish. If it is, then ignore me; if it's not, try some alternate methods of farming AP!

I haven’t set foot in Shor in maybe five months now, but from what I can tell this campaign became a leaderless map for AP farming and zerging some time ago, despite the efforts of Shor old timers. I’ve said this multiple times, but I’ll never forget the first night I loaded into Shor. I was met by some really friendly people who banded together in a small group of about six and we had some good natured fun fighting apprising groups of similar size. Had some really good times in the first few weeks and months. A lot of us tried appealing to the Shor pop, both in game and on here, to stop tri keep zerging and night capping with large groups but those please were mostly ignored, save for a few.
  • nryerson1025
    nryerson1025
    ✭✭✭✭
    I haven’t set foot in Shor in maybe five months now, but from what I can tell this campaign became a leaderless map for AP farming and zerging some time ago, despite the efforts of Shor old timers. I’ve said this multiple times, but I’ll never forget the first night I loaded into Shor. I was met by some really friendly people who banded together in a small group of about six and we had some good natured fun fighting apprising groups of similar size. Had some really good times in the first few weeks and months. A lot of us tried appealing to the Shor pop, both in game and on here, to stop tri keep zerging and night capping with large groups but those please were mostly ignored, save for a few.

nothing has changed since you left, except maybe you could say it has gotten worse idk. from what i can tell though, there are leaders, at least recognizable names associated with each zerg for 2/3 factions. EP i'm not really sure/they don't seem to take every point as often as DC and AD. and I really believe that we are all just after AP and (some of us) good fights but maybe people don't realize that isn't what happens when everyone leaves and one faction dominates? i honestly dont know what to make of it but it certainly doesnt lead to more AP
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shor I'd pretty much just used as a guild event for me on Friday nights due to us usually having a large group that's hard to get everyone in to Vivec at that time. Used to be somewhat fun to me a as other factions used to match numbers then, but even that's trailed off. The guild I run in likes the "no wipe" nights but I honestly have been turned off by it as it means we hadn't fought much. I know what its like coming here solo to get ran over by groups like that. At best, we might run into a smaller group if better players that can fight outnumbered but that's been it.

Unfortunately; I dont hve much pull and I doubt I'd say much anyway so long as mostly what I've seen them do is push out from our faction already being pushed to the gates and grab our scrolls. Maybe dethrone an emp. They haven't tried to take the map.
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The low pop and low score bonus AD has been getting early in the campaign for the last few campaigns has been amazing. Made 250k AP in two hours just fighting people at resources lmao.
    Supreme Leader Corvette - StamSorc
    Founder of Dominion Special Forces
    YouTube - ESO & Automotive Racing
    DC Zerg Busting
  • nryerson1025
    nryerson1025
    ✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    Shor I'd pretty much just used as a guild event for me on Friday nights due to us usually having a large group that's hard to get everyone in to Vivec at that time. Used to be somewhat fun to me a as other factions used to match numbers then, but even that's trailed off. The guild I run in likes the "no wipe" nights but I honestly have been turned off by it as it means we hadn't fought much. I know what its like coming here solo to get ran over by groups like that. At best, we might run into a smaller group if better players that can fight outnumbered but that's been it.

Unfortunately; I dont hve much pull and I doubt I'd say much anyway so long as mostly what I've seen them do is push out from our faction already being pushed to the gates and grab our scrolls. Maybe dethrone an emp. They haven't tried to take the map.

What are your characters names and which faction?
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Technohic, Technohicz, Technohix and all DC
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

All the Shor old timers left; the people trying to foster a healthy, fun campaign were just too outnumbered by the people that didn't. When I've set foot in Shor lately trying to escape lag, it's zergs pvdooring and stamboi groups that Xv1 small-scale the noobs.

Those random small scale matchups that were what made Shor fun are more likely to be found on Vivec now.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »

All the Shor old timers left; the people trying to foster a healthy, fun campaign were just too outnumbered by the people that didn't. When I've set foot in Shor lately trying to escape lag, it's zergs pvdooring and stamboi groups that Xv1 small-scale the noobs.

Those random small scale matchups that were what made Shor fun are more likely to be found on Vivec now.

Because of work I’m now playing on a 12 hour time difference from the east coast again so I’m just back to enjoying some small vicec pops which is okay. At least the groups are mostly pretty bad which leads to some fun 1 and 2vXing. But ovralll I almost feel like the quality of player overall has gotten signficiNtly worse just in the past few months. Battle grounds, at least on my time, has been trash groups running earthgore, bubbles, zaan, spin to win, you name it, and we still manage to beat them with four pugs. Just the worst pvpers running all the BiS Zerg gear. It’s bizaare.
  • pzschrek
    pzschrek
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shor was great until TM wrecked it.
    “The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.”
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pzschrek wrote: »
    Shor was great until TM wrecked it.

But it’s a play style and everyone deserves to play how they want ;)
  • Tzayad
    Tzayad
    ✭✭✭
    How about all us oldtimers play Shor tonight?

"Shor got her Groove back." Staring all of us.
    Beren Tinamion | Nightblade
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Because of work I’m now playing on a 12 hour time difference from the east coast again so I’m just back to enjoying some small vicec pops which is okay. At least the groups are mostly pretty bad which leads to some fun 1 and 2vXing. But ovralll I almost feel like the quality of player overall has gotten signficiNtly worse just in the past few months. Battle grounds, at least on my time, has been trash groups running earthgore, bubbles, zaan, spin to win, you name it, and we still manage to beat them with four pugs. Just the worst pvpers running all the BiS Zerg gear. It’s bizaare.

Open world is the same. So many zerg-enabling skills and gear now, and it's not necessarily bad playing to sit there and spam one skill over and over when that skill is overpowered and/or buggy. It doesn't promote healthy and fun gameplay -- and by that I mean players have to choose their combos and react to other players' skills and actions during the fight. Encouraging overuse of single OP skills doesn't provide a path forward for newer players to learn and improve.

It doesn't promote strategic map play either when "faction stack and zerg back your keeps after they flip" is more effective than defending and anticipating your opponents.

And the game is poorer for it.
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ded camp ded camp
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't even log in for weekly guild night in Shor past couple weeks. Opting more for playing different games or watching a movie. Even bad ones on Prime.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sotha is actually the spot for the shor refugees.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

Sotha is actually the spot for the shor refugees.

Oh really? Good to know.
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been nice to not have to swap between CP/no-CP.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had some fun fights in Shor for the first time in a while. @BaylorCorvette had fun facing off against you guys and EP outside of Ash for a while. Then some bigger fights once things evened out after EP cranked up the numbers.
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some really good fights at Ash between all three factions for a good bit. What's the in game name of the toon you typically play @Vapirko
    DC Zerg Busting
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kind of like old times of it being like a less lag version of Vivec on a Friday night tonight. Had some uneven fights, often in my favor, but some fun ones to.
    Edited by technohic on December 1, 2018 4:49AM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kind of like old times of it being like a less lag version of Vivec on a Friday night tonight. Had some uneven fights, often in my favor, but some fun ones to.

It’s stupid how rare it is to have a legitimately good night of PvP lol.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s stupid how rare it is to have a legitimately good night of PvP lol.

Yeah, it has me super casual to quitting altogether for a while. I like the overall game but it isn't functioning well in practice
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WIth a group of 5-6 it's pretty solid and fun to bust up the zergs that have been popping up in Shor on Fridays. This was last night

2v3ro0o.jpg
    DC Zerg Busting
  • Mudcrabber
    Mudcrabber
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like the quiet and performance of Shor. I hop in, get my alliance points (solo capture some resources, complete some quests), and hop out. No load screen crashes. Easy to solo because it's CP. Few gankers or zergs. Lots of familiar players. All my characters in all factions are homed there, though I'm usually on EP.

The day before yesterday I had a nice encounter as I was capturing a DC farm in AD territory on my EP. The DC player who I suspect captured it previously showed up while I was waiting for the flag to turn, and instead of attacking they just stood there and played /lute.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WIth a group of 5-6 it's pretty solid and fun to bust up the zergs that have been popping up in Shor on Fridays. This was last night

2v3ro0o.jpg

That's my guild on Friday nights actually. It gets really zergy. It's by large a pve guild with maybe only a couple of us that PVP regularly for a while but seems to have grown on that side. Still a lot of soft targets. Blue Canoe was picking them off at range from a keep wall at one point, so I broke off and had a nice little fight with him for a little bit until the keep hit capped and it looked like an AD guy getting chased by our zerg ran right into us.

They also like to run scrolls. I generally am one that breaks off to delay. There was a decent size EP force that stopped one last night I was hoping to fight more. I'm not in charge though; and dont want to be.

Thats us in that pic I think. Were on our way out at that point. I had headed the other way toward tankraft who was on siege.
    Edited by technohic on December 1, 2018 7:59PM
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah cool. It gives us good practice to deal with large numbers, we got a couple good bombs in before that entire blue group showed up. We ran into probably a 12-15+ man of Guild of Shadows as well. They had great ult coordination and what seemed like endless time stops and negates. Always fun stuff.
    Mudcrabber wrote: »
    The day before yesterday I had a nice encounter as I was capturing a DC farm in AD territory on my EP. The DC player who I suspect captured it previously showed up while I was waiting for the flag to turn, and instead of attacking they just stood there and played /lute.

Yup, sometimes you can make friends on other factions in Shor, lol

24ewcg2.png
    Edited by BaylorCorvette on December 1, 2018 11:04PM
    DC Zerg Busting
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    @BaylorCorvette yeah you do have a nice comp for bombing those zergs. I was part of a dawnbreaker bomb from up on high last night as I was just chilling for the ap lol.
    @Vapirko @technohic I think the pvp has been the best it’s been all year in shor. There are times when it does get pretty zergy, but most of the time you can find good fights and bait leftovers from a keep lost to a zerg or sit in between 2 places of conflict. Also you can take the lesser outposts and small numbers will come instead of large cus they’re not priorities.
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @BaylorCorvette yeah you do have a nice comp for bombing those zergs. I was part of a dawnbreaker bomb from up on high last night as I was just chilling for the ap lol.
    Haha thanks. If we have more than two or three in group I will sometimes run negate to try and deal with all of the random pug healers. Seems to work well but in that particular instance we were only able to hold out for so long.
    @Vapirko @technohic I think the pvp has been the best it’s been all year in shor. There are times when it does get pretty zergy, but most of the time you can find good fights and bait leftovers from a keep lost to a zerg or sit in between 2 places of conflict. Also you can take the lesser outposts and small numbers will come instead of large cus they’re not priorities.

This. When we're running our small group and since we're AD my group usually just goes for Bleakers or Bruma which sets up really good fights and keeps us away from the zergs / pugs. We've had really enjoyable fights lately ranging from large DC groups like Call to Glory and EP Dreadlords to smaller more organized groups. Best advice I can give if you're a small group looking for a lot of action is if you're DC go take Sej and post up there and if you're EP go take Nik and set up there. You should get a decent amount of action from the other two factions that naturally go for those outposts (why we go for Bleakers or Bruma).
    DC Zerg Busting