The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Healing ward lost the upfront heal?

• Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe that’s ZOS way to encourage everyone getting the Blackrose Prison Resto.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bad change

As would be half of nerfmire changes
  • profundidob16_ESO
    profundidob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »

DINGGGGG......! ;)
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I don't even think that's enough of an incentive.

3 seconds of major vitality isn't even long enough to affect the delayed heal of healing ward. And, on a destro/resto Sorc or Magblade, you don't have any other burst heal to leverage on that 3s window.

In the overall scope of these builds, you'll still get far more value from backbarring a Lich or vMA resto, imo. So we're stuck with the same options—they're just s**ttier now, with no real recompense.
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    TheYKcid wrote: »

3 seconds of major vitality isn't even long enough to affect the delayed heal of healing ward. And, on a destro/resto Sorc or Magblade, you don't have any other burst heal to leverage on that 3s window.

In the overall scope of these builds, you'll still get far more value from backbarring a Lich or vMA resto, imo. So we're stuck with the same options—they're just s**ttier now, with no real recompense.

You won't use Healing Ward anymore (that's their doing). You will use Ward Ally so both you and the other person gets the Ward and Major Vitality.

Not sure what the cooldown will be (if there is one) but I think the buff will be valuable.

On my Magblade, I can use Ward Ally and still get off two Healthy Offering burst heals before the Major Vitality expires.

On a Sorcerer, you can use the Twilight Matriarch in the same manner.

Also just putting it out there that you can use Jorvuld's Guidance and make the buff 4.2 seconds.
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Even if that's the motivation it' a bad change. Lets say in PvP your average heal from Swallow Soul is around 500. With the blackrose staff the only goes up to about 650 or so. And it CAN'T CRIT.

Frankly this change makes it so I don't want to buy the DLC because I liked the idea of that heal getting boosted from the effects. @ZOS_RobGarrett
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You won't use Healing Ward anymore (that's their doing). You will use Ward Ally so both you and the other person gets the Ward and Major Vitality.

Not sure what the cooldown will be (if there is one) but I think the buff will be valuable.

On my Magblade, I can use Ward Ally and still get off two Healthy Offering burst heals before the Major Vitality expires.

Also just putting it out there that you can use Jorvuld's Guidance and make the buff 4.2 seconds.

You cant use healthy offering on yourself
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    bcorlg9lfmsx.png
    someone tell me why healing ward got nerfed?
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    NyassaV wrote: »

You cant use healthy offering on yourself

Yep. My response was to someone saying that NBs don't have a burst heal. There is one but it just can't be used on ourselves.

If you have at least 25k health though, you will benefit from Dark Cloak. That's about as much self burst as we are probably going to get.
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SirMewser wrote: »
    Ninja nerf to put the ability in line when using the new arena weapon which will prob have its stat bonus removed like they did with the Maelstrom and Master weapons.

No point in asking.
    Just play if you like the game still.
    Join the un-sub party

So they realised they did a massive design mistake again when making weapons, so the solution is to nerf.
    I'm not suprised anymore, just find it funny :D

I would find it funny too, if we had't to actually pay real money for that.
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vahrokh wrote: »
    SirMewser wrote: »
    Ninja nerf to put the ability in line when using the new arena weapon which will prob have its stat bonus removed like they did with the Maelstrom and Master weapons.

No point in asking.
    Just play if you like the game still.
    Join the un-sub party

So they realised they did a massive design mistake again when making weapons, so the solution is to nerf.
    I'm not suprised anymore, just find it funny :D

I would find it funny too, if we had't to actually pay real money for that.

Didn't they say Murkmire was going to be a Login reward at some point ? So you might not even need to pay for it.
    Argonian forever
  • dagonbeer
    dagonbeer
    ✭✭✭
    So now that healing ward has no heal, if there's a player with lower health than you do, it'll keep going onto that player?
  • lucky_dutch
    lucky_dutch
    ✭✭✭✭
    dagonbeer wrote: »
    Yes, please don't forget about this ZOS. With stamina you have a strong on demand HoT (vigor) and burst heal (Rally) to get you out of execute range after a burst. With magicka you are reliant on your class heals.

Either that, or buff the other heals in the resto line.

Well put. Mag classes weren’t just reliant on healing ward because shield stacking was over-performing, they were reliant on it because it was their only access to an emergency heal.

My Magblade now has no instant heal, none. I can siphon some healing when light attacking and I have a HoT but it requires me to damage my target to work. If I’m on the defensive or between engagements I have no access to self heals.

Odd balancing choice.
  • profundidob16_ESO
    profundidob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the only change that is still needed now is change the name "healing ward" into "ward" ;)
  • zammo
    zammo
    ✭✭✭
    I think the only change that is still needed now is change the name "healing ward" into "ward" ;)

Right after they change "mass hysteria" to "hysteria" :#
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Well the ward does heal. The small upfront heal was never part of the ward.
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    4.2.4 notes are up. Still no adjustments to healing ward.

ZOS, are you really going to let this go live? Against the better judgement of the rep team you personally picked?
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    dagonbeer wrote: »
    So now that healing ward has no heal, if there's a player with lower health than you do, it'll keep going onto that player?

@ZOS_RobGarrett This guy sorta has a point
  • dagonbeer
    dagonbeer
    ✭✭✭
    Who is this generous benefactor who keeps refreshing my shields?
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How about reduce the heal IDC anymore just please don't give me another reason to quit
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    NyassaV wrote: »
    How about reduce the heal IDC anymore just please don't give me another reason to quit

If the loss of a 3k heal is going to make you quit, you have larger problems.

Also, if you do quit, can I have your stuff?
  • lucky_dutch
    lucky_dutch
    ✭✭✭✭
    This change was supposedly so people couldn't instantly push themselves out of execute range with healing ward. However, it's a really nasty nerf to a lot of mag classes already limited self-heal options even not when in execute range. It also makes it impossible to get a healing ward up on yourself if a team mate is on lower health than you which is a major quality of life nerf.

The solution is obvious:

Have the initial heal not count towards the execute calculation until the healing ward depletes (6 sec). So you do receive that initial heal but it does not save you from enemies executing on your healing ward should you be below 25%.

Problem solved. You're welcome @ZOS_RobGarrett
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There was no problem. It was a good skill and the reason for many magicka players to carry a resto staff. But it seems ZOS don't like good skills. Or good games...
  • snipnigth
    snipnigth
    Soul Shriven
    Hello Im kinda new and dont understand much about this game yet.

I use Healing ward on a MagSorcTank, but the shield seems to be soo small and the heal as well even at low health i only get a very small shield, I dont understand it very well, this problem always seems to happen in Battleground but when Im playing in a dungeon it seems to give a much bigger shield when used in a low health target.

Does anyone know at what % does the 300% more shield capacity procs at?
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    snipnigth wrote: »
    Hello Im kinda new and dont understand much about this game yet.

I use Healing ward on a MagSorcTank, but the shield seems to be soo small and the heal as well even at low health i only get a very small shield, I dont understand it very well, this problem always seems to happen in Battleground but when Im playing in a dungeon it seems to give a much bigger shield when used in a low health target.

in pvp, everything gets halved, heals, damage and wards. you really ought not be using a ward on tank though, your stats will not support any decent size. healing wards scales with spell damage and max magic, the other wards you have access to only scale with max magic. you really need to have 30k+ max magic (and 2k+ spell damage in the case of healing ward) to have them worth using.
    Does anyone know at what % does the 300% more shield capacity procs at?

the ward scales linearly. meaning at 33% missing health, your ward is 100% larger, at 66% missing health, your ward is 200% larger, at 99% missing health, you get the full 300% multiplier.

Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on January 17, 2019 4:04PM