Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Jewelry crafting: ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

• Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Really, I can’t see why anyone can really justify the Jewelry Crafting system as it stands now. About the only ones that do are those selling the mats through the guild vendors. To them, rarity = $$$.
  • Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ashtaris wrote: »
    Really, I can’t see why anyone can really justify the Jewelry Crafting system as it stands now. About the only ones that do are those selling the mats through the guild vendors. To them, rarity = $$$.

Ding ding ding, we have a winner folks! That is exactly why someone would be ok with the current system, they have access to a good group and can farm vet content to their hearts content for the high dollar mats, turn around and sell them for a killing, why would they complain?

Reminds me of the folks who were PO'd when 160 mats were no longer restricted to just one freaking zone, they saw their exclusivity erased and knew their lock on mats were over. Prices plummeted from 22k to under 10k, they simply don't want that to happen with jewelry mats as farming players for their gold is more quite lucrative for them. Imho.
    srmalloy wrote: »
    You don't need to collect 10 sap in order to make 1 pitch, for instance. I would say make all crafting improvement styles the same.

The only thing that I've found that even approximates this in other parts of crafting is the way that Medium armor appears to be discriminated against in collecting materials. Metals and fibers, you gather a node and get 2-4 of the material. Leather, you find a mob that drops leather, kill it, and it might drop one scrap of material, or very rarely two. Yes, you get XP from killing the mob that drops the material, but that also helps to push your level up, requiring more of the material to craft level-appropriate gear, or even (at intervals) pushing you to a higher tier material. It doesn't come within an order of magnitude of the same annoyance as jewelry crafting, but it's still annoying. And I haven't been playing long enough to have characters high enough to need to make decisions about whether to use the improvement mats or not; I'm sure that jewelry crafting will only become more annoying with time.

Indeed it is. Irks me so much how easy it is to run a mag toon. There is wood EVERYWHERE giving you almost always 7 mats, fibers are EVERYWHERE as well, again netting you on average 5-6 mats with zero combat needed to impede your farming. Stam?

Forced into combat every time you need mats for med and you're lucky if anything drops, hell I'm ecstatic if I get 2! Ore is more forgiving but it still doesn't net you the same consistency as wood does. Clearly there was/is a bias for mag toons, I'm actually now curious how popular stam was at release with such a larger hurdle to jump over than mag, is this why there so many mag toons in eso? Wish I'd known that years ago.
    Edited by Sevn on October 9, 2018 9:26AM
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭
    yeah, it so obvious that people just wanna make a killing off of other players through selling expensive, rare materials. The greed of some players makes me sick.
    Say NO to Crown Crates. Crown Crates are Loot Boxes. Loot Boxes are gambling. Zenimax makes enough money off us.
    ESO+ is part of the "Games as a service" trend. A trend that needs to die. Subscribe only when you need Crowns for DLC.
    Say no to "radiant" junk quests replacing proper side content and the dumbing down of our favorite franchises.
    PCMR EU.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Walker wrote: »
    tmbrinks wrote: »

Granted I do writs on 15 toons a day

How are you resourcing that?

Take jewelry, that's a min. of 300 platinum required per day... requiring, minimum, you farm 3000+ platinum dust per day, or in the vicinity of 1000 nodes.

I should clarify, I do full level 50 writs on all 15 toons, with the exception right now of jewelry, which I'm only at 9 having jewelry crafting maxed out. (I farmed Dolmens to level the first toon, have done level 1 writs on the rest, and just deconned rings and necks I obtained from doing the writs, or in my other adventures, only deconning purple and gold rings on toons, once they've unlocked the max level passive). I get on average 3 or 4 jewelry crafting surveys a day between those toons, which gives me the platinum I need to sustain. Once, I get my toons up to level 50, I will probably actually take some points OUT of the jewelry crafting, since the master writs are not worth it, unlike for blacksmithing, clothing, etc. since the pewter, level 1, writs are pretty much self-sufficient (they use 5 or 6 mats, you get a guaranteed 5 back), and they drop surveys, so I can use less platinum by only doing high level writs on about 1/2 of my toons, and still get survey drops (which I collect on a maxed level toon), makes it sustainable.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    60,005 achievement points
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as the sustain on all the other writs. I buy materials. I try and buy most of them in their raw form, use multicraft (thank god, I'm on PC) to refine them as we go. I sell the gold improvement mats I get from them.

For example: I might spend 1 million gold to buy raw mats from the vendors (shopping around, going to almost every guild trader in the game) I try and avoid obvious bot farming ones just to not promote that behavior. I refine the raw materials, selling the gold and purple improvement mats, which nets me about a 300-400k return. I can now do writs on my 15 toons for about 2 months with that amount of purchase, when I pick up my surveys and refine those mats as well. 15 toons a day, doing max level writs, nets 4.6k gold per toon, per day, for 60 days, gives me about 4 million gold from doing the writs (15x4.6kx60 = $4,140,000), plus whatever I sell from the gold improvement mats and refined, low-level, mats that I get from them as well. I have 1 guild trader in a beginning zone that I can fill up with 30 stacks of the beginner mats before I go to bed, and they'll be sold before I get home from work. I sell the improvement mats in other traders by the stack, or use them to complete my gear, do master writs (I'm trying to outfit my personal home with all the crafting stations, only 7,000 vouchers to go, already having done approximately 34,000 worth). Once I have that done, then I can sell items from the master writ vendor to up my profits even more.

So, a 1 million gold investment, nets me approximately 6 million gold in return after 2 months of doing writs. Did it take me time to get there, yes. Early on, when I didn't have the gold, I farmed the mats myself. I ran out of materials. Now I have a stockpile in my craft bag in the tens of thousands.

I also have an alt account (that does not own Summerset), who does writs on 11 toons each day. I recently dropped the ESO+ subscription on it, but not before filling my craft bag with enough mats to writs for approximately 180 days. I use the housing storage boxes to manage my inventory, pulling things out when they get to stacks to sell in my guild trader. I'm only on week 2 of that, but I'm interested in seeing how much gold I have when it all completes, to get a better idea, since I don't care to improve my gear, or buy mementos, and can sell virtually everything on that account. It cost me about 4 million gold to buy all those mats, which has been sourced only from that toon. I "loaned" 3 million gold to the account from my main, to level up the bank/toon bag space/buy 1 house to put the storage boxes in, of which 2 million had already been "paid back"

I use this gold to buy the houses (I own almost all of them that can be bought with gold) It buys me things that I don't want to farm for (Mothers Sorrow Inferno... the special helms/shoulder styles... soul shriven skin, pets, runeboxes, etc.) so I can spend my time doing other things I enjoy in the game, running trials.

It's an MMO, you have to "grind" something to enjoy everything, I chose to do writs, it's been quite prosperous for me.

Crafting is very, very, good at making you money, just have to have the patience to do it!
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭
    umm... so what you saying? You think jewelry should be fixed or you're actually happy with the way it is?
    Say NO to Crown Crates. Crown Crates are Loot Boxes. Loot Boxes are gambling. Zenimax makes enough money off us.
    ESO+ is part of the "Games as a service" trend. A trend that needs to die. Subscribe only when you need Crowns for DLC.
    Say no to "radiant" junk quests replacing proper side content and the dumbing down of our favorite franchises.
    PCMR EU.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    umm... so what you saying? You think jewelry should be fixed or you're actually happy with the way it is?

I already stated my opinion on that earlier. I think jewelry crafting is pretty good right now as it is. The platings are rare enough that they are at a price that is greater than what you can buy at the golden vendor, so if you want it cheaper, you can play your odds there. I have gotten plenty of materials from doing writs, from deconning jewelry that drops from dolmens, from dungeons, and from trials. The only thing that should be done is another 50% increase in the value of jewelry master writs, to bring the cost per voucher down to level of their equivalent blacksmithing, clothing, and woodworking.

The biggest thing is that the cost of making your own jewelry should, by NECESSITY, be greater than the cost of buying things at the golden vendor. This system makes it so. Otherwise the golden is worthless, and another gold sink is out of the game, which will disrupt the entire economy in game.
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭

I already stated my opinion on that earlier. I think jewelry crafting is pretty good right now as it is. The platings are rare enough that they are at a price that is greater than what you can buy at the golden vendor, so if you want it cheaper, you can play your odds there. I have gotten plenty of materials from doing writs, from deconning jewelry that drops from dolmens, from dungeons, and from trials. The only thing that should be done is another 50% increase in the value of jewelry master writs, to bring the cost per voucher down to level of their equivalent blacksmithing, clothing, and woodworking.

The biggest thing is that the cost of making your own jewelry should, by NECESSITY, be greater than the cost of buying things at the golden vendor. This system makes it so. Otherwise the golden is worthless, and another gold sink is out of the game, which will disrupt the entire economy in game.

so another person who sells grains and plating for extortionate prices. No wonder you think it's "fair".

How much gold have you made so far?
    PCMR EU.
  • firedrgn
    firedrgn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chromium is 70k for one plate.Thats 10 to 15 times higher than other. Now stacks of platinum seem reasonable 6k a stack.
    But if your refinining. Its more exspensive because it takes 10 to get one and the adverage is about 3 dust per 5 stacks .
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

so another person who sells grains and plating for extortionate prices. No wonder you think it's "fair".

I did work in the game to earn any platings that I did sell. They weren't given to me, the things that I do in game are available to each and every player in the game. Just because you don't want to put in the time or effort does not mean that the system is unfair.

I have sold either 2 or 3 platings, I can't exactly remember, the rest I've used to improve my own gear.

Quit being angry because it's not easy. Jewelry crafting is optional, don't like it? Don't do it. Gold gear drops in vet trials and the golden vendor. Buy it there. Quit whining.

Edited to remove double quote.
    Edited by tmbrinks on October 11, 2018 4:04PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would not mind at all if the Gold upgrade mats remain rare unicorns. Just let me make Purple Jewelry for my characters without either a full time grind for weeks per character.

No more Dust
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭

I did work in the game to earn any platings that I did sell. They weren't given to me, the things that I do in game are available to each and every player in the game. Just because you don't want to put in the time or effort does not mean that the system is unfair.

I have sold either 2 or 3 platings, I can't exactly remember, the rest I've used to improve my own gear.

Quit being angry because it's not easy. Jewelry crafting is optional, don't like it? Don't do it. Gold gear drops in vet trials and the golden vendor. Buy it there. Quit whining.

Edited to remove double quote.

ahh opportunism... such virtuous behaviour.
    PCMR EU.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    I would not mind at all if the Gold upgrade mats remain rare unicorns. Just let me make Purple Jewelry for my characters without either a full time grind for weeks per character.

No more Dust

Agreed, we got along fine for 4 years with purple jewelry. It's good for the min/max people if they want to spend the gold to upgrade or farm for the jewelry mats but for the legions of casual players, it doesn't matter. Which is why I don't get why OP is so bitter about it.

• stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭
    here we go... "bitter", "whining", "crying"...

How utterly childish to belittle what is clearly a legitimate complaint. You know nobody's fooled right? You just want to keep selling platings for ridiculously high prices.

This rarety of platings is a joke. The Jewelry writs keep dropping but they can never all be completed or sold because of this lack of materials.

I remember when Nirncrux was a lot harder to get. It wasn't that long ago that I saw the lament of players in trading guilds over how they used to be able to sell Potent Nirncrux for much more. I'm so sick of greedy players.
    PCMR EU.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How utterly childish to belittle what is clearly a legitimate complaint. You know nobody's fooled right? You just want to keep selling platings for ridiculously high prices.

This rarety of platings is a joke. The Jewelry writs keep dropping but they can never all be completed or sold because of this lack of materials.

I remember when Nirncrux was a lot harder to get. It wasn't that long ago that I saw the lament of players in trading guilds over how they used to be able to sell Potent Nirncrux for much more. I'm so sick of greedy players.

Gold is not difficult to make in this game. The game has an economy, prices stabilize, and the actions of one person do not determine them all. Now if I was using the 20 million gold I have (mostly from doing writs, and buying the materials at the guild stores from your "greedy" players) and buying all the platings and reselling them for more, you might have a point. But I'm not. As I said, I've sold 2 or 3 platings, at the current cost, I got 1 early, listed it at the current cost, and they dropped, it didn't sell, I lost 1000 gold for the listing fee on that one. I have used approximately 20 platings to gold out gear. Ones that I earned by farming materials and refining, or running veteran trials.

If the platings are worth so much to you, why don't you do some of the activities that I've mentioned to get yourself some, then you too can sell them and make some gold.

Does it take wok, yes.

Is it slow going, yes.

Do you REALLY want everything to be easy?

There is no lack of materials to do the master writs, people are using them to upgrade their jewelry first. When the end-game players have their sets all folded out, the price will come down (demand goes down, prices go down, basic economics). Then the more casual players might start to upgrade their gear... when that's done, prices will come down again (again, basic economics). Then the master writs will be profitable.

Were you playing the game at launch, when alloys were selling for 20k+, Rosin and wax for 10k+? (Im pretty sure I know that answer). This is probably the first time in game that a new material was introduced, and you're experiencing the high prices while everybody is trying to level the gear. ZoS has to look at the big picture with drop rates, they picked a value at the beginning, figured out it was too difficult. So what did they do? They halved the cost to upgrade!!! And they added dust to blacksmithing nodes!!! (Likely a 15-20% increase).

The real world works the same way, why would you demand (as you did in your OP, since it got edited) that they change it, when there is plenty of evidence that the system is fair.

The one thing that is different than real life, is that you can actually do something to get the product that is expensive and rare to sell... you're not exactly going to be able to start making your own iPhones and selling them in real life.

I apologize for any name calling on my end. To me, the drop rates are fine. Master writ values need to be upped another 50%. I have not gotten rich on jewelry crafting. I have literally sold 3 platings. 3. For like 250k total. I have invested most of what I've gotten, back into my character, to make me better in trials.

The prices will come down, I truly believe that. And I also believe that every Tom, ***, and Sally shouldn't be running around in gold jewelry, you need to work for it and earn it.
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭

Gold is not difficult to make in this game. The game has an economy, prices stabilize, and the actions of one person do not determine them all. Now if I was using the 20 million gold I have (mostly from doing writs, and buying the materials at the guild stores from your "greedy" players) and buying all the platings and reselling them for more, you might have a point. But I'm not. As I said, I've sold 2 or 3 platings, at the current cost, I got 1 early, listed it at the current cost, and they dropped, it didn't sell, I lost 1000 gold for the listing fee on that one. I have used approximately 20 platings to gold out gear. Ones that I earned by farming materials and refining, or running veteran trials.

If the platings are worth so much to you, why don't you do some of the activities that I've mentioned to get yourself some, then you too can sell them and make some gold.

Does it take wok, yes.

Is it slow going, yes.

There is no lack of materials to do the master writs, people are using them to upgrade their jewelry first. When the end-game players have their sets all folded out, the price will come down (demand goes down, prices go down, basic economics). Then the more casual players might start to upgrade their gear... when that's done, prices will come down again (again, basic economics). Then the master writs will be profitable.

Were you playing the game at launch, when alloys were selling for 20k+, Rosin and wax for 10k+? (Im pretty sure I know that answer). This is probably the first time in game that a new material was introduced, and you're experiencing the high prices while everybody is trying to level the gear. ZoS has to look at the big picture with drop rates, they picked a value at the beginning, figured out it was too difficult. So what did they do? They halved the cost to upgrade!!! And they added dust to blacksmithing nodes!!! (Likely a 15-20% increase).

The real world works the same way, why would you demand (as you did in your OP, since it got edited) that they change it, when there is plenty of evidence that the system is fair.

The one thing that is different than real life, is that you can actually do something to get the product that is expensive and rare to sell... you're not exactly going to be able to start making your own iPhones and selling them in real life.

I apologize for any name calling on my end. To me, the drop rates are fine. Master writ values need to be upped another 50%. I have not gotten rich on jewelry crafting. I have literally sold 3 platings. 3. For like 250k total. I have invested most of what I've gotten, back into my character, to make me better in trials.

The prices will come down, I truly believe that. And I also believe that every Tom, ***, and Sally shouldn't be running around in gold jewelry, you need to work for it and earn it.

ahh, elitism... how very brave...
    You know, just getting whole platings back from jewelry decon would be a bit more fair. I wonder if you ever read the OP.

Look you can blather on about "too easy", "wouldn't be special any more", "noobs with gold level gear", blah blah blah.

But let's be honest. If you weren't selling platings for an absolute fuckload, you wouldn't be arguing with me.
    PCMR EU.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Does it take wok, yes.

Is it slow going, yes.

ahh, elitism... how very brave...
    You know, just getting whole platings back from jewelry decon would be a bit more fair. I wonder if you ever read the OP.

Look you can blather on about "too easy", "wouldn't be special any more", "noobs with gold level gear", blah blah blah.

But let's be honest. If you weren't selling platings for an absolute fuckload, you wouldn't be arguing with me.

You choose to disregard any statement I make, your mind is made up, instead resorting to continued name calling. I sincerely hope you find some way to release your pent up anger that you have in a constructive way. Again, I've sold 3 platings. I could care less about gold in this game, it's so easy to make. I've made my point, I know many agree with me, and a few agree with you. I'm out.
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭

You choose to disregard any statement I make, your mind is made up, instead resorting to continued name calling. I sincerely hope you find some way to release your pent up anger that you have in a constructive way. Again, I've sold 3 platings. I could care less about gold in this game, it's so easy to make. I've made my point, I know many agree with me, and a few agree with you. I'm out.

Ahh, the "everyone agrees with me" defence. But they don't, do they? Most of the posts on your side are YOU. There are a lot of posts from people pissed about this.

I plating dust for deconstructing a ring, if you're lucky, is not only ridiculous but also unimmersive.
    The rarety of platings is a joke, especially compared to the plethora or Jewelry master writs.

The jewelry grind is excessively overkill, especially for people like me who hate PvP. I'm an Elder Scrolls fan, not an MMO fan, so no: I'm not gonna spend hundreds of hours in PvP so I can buy gold *** to decon. I'd much rather spend my time playing through quests and helping my guildmates. Gathering enough materials for my master writs is enough of a grind without jewelry adding to the time wasting.

So go ahead, tell yourself you're right before you make a quick exit. Doesn't make it so.
    PCMR EU.
  • CrazySonoran
    CrazySonoran
    ✭✭✭

Does it take work, yes.

Is it slow going, yes.

<snipped irrelevant stuff>

I've made my point, I know many agree with me, and a few agree with you. I'm out.

No, many of us disagree with you. This all said by a person who obviously does NOT have a life outside of ESO. To have time to be able to do writs on 26 characters every day with all the associated logistics, is much more than the majority of the players who play this game can do. Of course, if we all had that much time this system would be perfectly fine, but people like me this system pretty much rules me out of being able to craft any jewelry for my characters better than blue quality, I have about 10-20 hours a week to play ESO. I DO have a life outside of ESO, and I am sure a majority of players are closer to having the amount of time to play I do than what tmbrinks here has.

As far as the Golden vendor goes, we are talking crafted jewelry here, not the stuff available on the Golden. If i want to give all of my cp160+ alts purple jewelry it would cost me a bloody fortune to do so, and that is what is wrong with this system. I am forced to use drop sets for the jewelry on my characters because the crafted jewelry is so expensive to make as it is now.

When you get right down to it a ring is no better than my dagger or cuirass in the benefits we get, it is actually less benefit from a ring than any armor piece or weapon since we get armor value from armor and more damage from better weapons. The jewelry then gives us less benefit for many times the cost, which isn't right. A purple ring will cost you at least 50k gold minimum, a purple crafted weapon a mere fraction of that especially when you factor in any trait other than the 3 basic traits. This is simply wrong, this is a slight variation of risk vs reward, or actually cost vs benefit. Much higher cost with less benefit, lets see how long that would fly in any real or game economy.

Take work and be slow? I am fine with that, I dont want a handout, but the grains->platings idea really needs to be scrapped, let us get platings (esp fix the lack of ways to get zircon) from the same places grains drop now. I spent the slow time and work getting my crafter to lvl 50 and learning the 9 traits on both rings and necklaces, I should be able to reap the rewards for my hard work. But, alas, I am stuck making weak whit/green items for my alts and nothing better. Being a casual gamer i am lacking transmute crystals but most of the jewelry has traits that are ok for me anyways. Remove the PvP/trials/vet dungeon requirements, this is an MMO but we should not be forced to do PvP if we are a PvE player and PvP players shouldnt be forced to run trials/vet dungeons etc. This is a core part of the game, not some fluff or cosmetic attachment to it.
  • CrazySonoran
    CrazySonoran
    ✭✭✭
    Just had one more thought... go to any guild vendor and count jewelry crafting writs for sale. One store I looked at it was litrally 90% of the writs for sale were jewelry, should tell you something........
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭

Does it take work, yes.

Is it slow going, yes.

I've made my point, I know many agree with me, and a few agree with you. I'm out.

No, many of us disagree with you. This all said by a person who obviously does NOT have a life outside of ESO. To have time to be able to do writs on 26 characters every day with all the associated logistics, is much more than the majority of the players who play this game can do. Of course, if we all had that much time this system would be perfectly fine, but people like me this system pretty much rules me out of being able to craft any jewelry for my characters better than blue quality, I have about 10-20 hours a week to play ESO. I DO have a life outside of ESO, and I am sure a majority of players are closer to having the amount of time to play I do than what tmbrinks here has.

As far as the Golden vendor goes, we are talking crafted jewelry here, not the stuff available on the Golden. If i want to give all of my cp160+ alts purple jewelry it would cost me a bloody fortune to do so, and that is what is wrong with this system. I am forced to use drop sets for the jewelry on my characters because the crafted jewelry is so expensive to make as it is now.

When you get right down to it a ring is no better than my dagger or cuirass in the benefits we get, it is actually less benefit from a ring than any armor piece or weapon since we get armor value from armor and more damage from better weapons. The jewelry then gives us less benefit for many times the cost, which isn't right. A purple ring will cost you at least 50k gold minimum, a purple crafted weapon a mere fraction of that especially when you factor in any trait other than the 3 basic traits. This is simply wrong, this is a slight variation of risk vs reward, or actually cost vs benefit. Much higher cost with less benefit, lets see how long that would fly in any real or game economy.

Take work and be slow? I am fine with that, I dont want a handout, but the grains->platings idea really needs to be scrapped, let us get platings (esp fix the lack of ways to get zircon) from the same places grains drop now. I spent the slow time and work getting my crafter to lvl 50 and learning the 9 traits on both rings and necklaces, I should be able to reap the rewards for my hard work. But, alas, I am stuck making weak whit/green items for my alts and nothing better. Being a casual gamer i am lacking transmute crystals but most of the jewelry has traits that are ok for me anyways. Remove the PvP/trials/vet dungeon requirements, this is an MMO but we should not be forced to do PvP if we are a PvE player and PvP players shouldnt be forced to run trials/vet dungeons etc. This is a core part of the game, not some fluff or cosmetic attachment to it.

*applause* it's about damn time someone making sense piped up.
    Edited by stitchesofdooom on October 15, 2018 12:33PM
    PCMR EU.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just had one more thought... go to any guild vendor and count jewelry crafting writs for sale. One store I looked at it was litrally 90% of the writs for sale were jewelry, should tell you something........

The other sick thing with this is now 30-40% of the master writs I get are jewlery crafting writs I cant do and many of them are worth 60+ vouchers and I have some worth 100+, 200+ and 300+ vouchers.

I could really use those vouchers, but I CANT EVEN DO ONE OF THEM!! Cant do them and cant sell them because the market is glutted with ones no one wants. They just sit in my bank taking up valuable slots until I finally decide to destroy them.

Meanwhile the other MW I get that I actually can do are 2 voucher alchemy or enchanting and 5-7 voucher cloth, wood, metal.

The other master writs got nerfed hard to force people to do jewlery writs that we cant do anyway because mats are so stupid. What is the point of even having jewlery master writs when no one can do them unless you have no job, school or family and just farm in game 24/7??

It is demoralizing
    It is insulting
    It is disgusting.
    Edited by Katahdin on October 15, 2018 5:33PM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Does it take work, yes.

Is it slow going, yes.

Thank you for the insult, saying I have no life. I have a full time job, I go out with friends. I have a life as well, everybody does, and what one person chooses to do with their free time is nobody's business but their own. Sorry if I don't exactly conform to your idealistic life.

But if you and Stitches want to continually insult people that disagree with your opinion, your point becomes lost. The 26 writs takes me about 90 minutes to do, and there are days, that that is all I do in the game, because it's an MMO and you have to grind something, let's be fair.

But, please, continue to insult me.
    Edited by tmbrinks on October 15, 2018 5:31PM
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭

Does it take work, yes.

Is it slow going, yes.

Thank you for the insult, saying I have no life. I have a full time job, I go out with friends. I have a life as well, everybody does, and what one person chooses to do with their free time is nobody's business but their own. Sorry if I don't exactly conform to your idealistic life.

But if you and Stitches want to continually insult people that disagree with your opinion, your point becomes lost. The 26 writs takes me about 90 minutes to do, and there are days, that that is all I do in the game, because it's an MMO and you have to grind something, let's be fair.

impliactions of chilishness, declared yourself the winner and now you try to high road us.

come on dude.

You wanna show us how easy it is to get all the platings we need, make a video.
    PCMR EU.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Does it take work, yes.

Is it slow going, yes.

impliactions of chilishness, declared yourself the winner and now you try to high road us.

come on dude.

I haven't declared myself the winner. I presented information, my opinion, you decided to not agree with my opinion, which is your right, but in doing so, continually insult, and now this other person has jumped in as well, saying I have "no life"

Platings are NOT easy to get, that's the point, it's meant to be a rare upgrade material, for people who want to spend the time, or gold, to get them. That is my point.

I have conceded that they could get rid of grains.

Decrease drop rates by about 50%, Increase cost back to 2,3,4, 8 like every other craft, and increase master writ values by 50%. This would bring it in line with all the other craft. But you casually decided to ignore that, and instead resulted to personal attacks.

Edit: perhaps I didn't say that in this thread, but one of the other 6 or 7 threads on the same thing (which I'm surprised ZoS hasn't combined yet) Yet the point stands.
    Edited by tmbrinks on October 15, 2018 6:31PM
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭

Does it take work, yes.

Is it slow going, yes.

come on dude.

I haven't declared myself the winner. I presented information, my opinion, you decided to not agree with my opinion, which is your right, but in doing so, continually insult, and now this other person has jumped in as well, saying I have "no life"

Platings are NOT easy to get, that's the point, it's meant to be a rare upgrade material, for people who want to spend the time, or gold, to get them. That is my point.

Decrease drop rates by about 50%, Increase cost back to 2,3,4, 8 like every other craft, and increase master writ values by 50%. This would bring it in line with all the other craft. But you casually decided to ignore that, and instead resulted to personal attacks.

Edit: perhaps I didn't say that in this thread, but one of the other 6 or 7 threads on the same thing (which I'm surprised ZoS hasn't combined yet) Yet the point stands.

I'm not responsible for another's opinion about you, but maybe I have been to harsh. I could have swore I saw you claimed some victory. tl:dr now tho. I didn't spot a concession though.

Look, I get what your saying about it maybe shouldn't be easy, but when all of a sudden we are getting mostly jewelry master writs and not much else, and not enough platings to do them all without grinding all day: the system IS broken.
    PCMR EU.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Does it take work, yes.

Is it slow going, yes.

come on dude.

I'm not responsible for another's opinion about you, but maybe I have been to harsh. I could have swore I saw you claimed some victory. tl:dr now tho. I didn't spot a concession though.

Look, I get what your saying about it maybe shouldn't be easy, but when all of a sudden we are getting mostly jewelry master writs and not much else, and not enough platings to do them all without grinding all day: the system IS broken.

I will agree that jewelry crafting writs are broken, there's not a doubt about that. (Pretty sure I said that at one point in this thread)

However, with blacksmithing, clothing, and woodworking, there was also about 2 years of time, where you didn't have the master writs as well as the need for upgrading, so there was some time for the market to settle. That didn't happen with jewelry, they were all introduced at the same time.
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭

Does it take work, yes.

Is it slow going, yes.

come on dude.

I will agree that jewelry crafting writs are broken, there's not a doubt about that. (Pretty sure I said that at one point in this thread)

However, with blacksmithing, clothing, and woodworking, there was also about 2 years of time, where you didn't have the master writs as well as the need for upgrading, so there was some time for the market to settle. That didn't happen with jewelry, they were all introduced at the same time.

I don't really wanna wait 2 YEARS for them to fix this clusterf***
    PCMR EU.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Does it take work, yes.

Is it slow going, yes.

come on dude.

I don't think it'll take that long... but you have people who want to both upgrade jewelry and do writs, so prices will be higher... whereas a lot of people have their gear maxed out, particularly healers and tanks, who don't have to change as often
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭

Does it take work, yes.

Is it slow going, yes.

come on dude.

I don't think it'll take that long... but you have people who want to both upgrade jewelry and do writs, so prices will be higher... whereas a lot of people have their gear maxed out, particularly healers and tanks, who don't have to change as often

yeah, but I have big plans for my Psijic Villa. I wanna turn it into a crafting hall for my Guilds. I need writ voucers for that.
    PCMR EU.