The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Jewelry crafting: ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

• tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    I WANT MY CHEAP JEWELRY!!!! [/sarcasm]

Now that that is out of the way. I think the system now is at least on-par, and fair. With the addition of refinable mats from blacksmithing nodes, and the reduction in the number of platings that you need to upgrade in half, it is a grind, but a manageable grind.

Granted I do writs on 15 toons a day, I have gotten well over 30 platings total since SS dropped, from the grains

Im happy that you are not a part of the balacing team since you think its a faire system cuz you have the max character slot crafter doing writs everyday...

Or... ZoS has stated, repeatedly I might add, that they wanted Jewelry to be unique... different from the other crafts. So, I've put some effort and work in, to do those writs, so that my reward is greater.

I don't do writs daily so I can get jewelry platings, it's just one of the rewards for doing them, I just sell the 1 or 2 a week I get for market price, allowing me the gold to buy whatever I want, so I don't have to grind things I don't want to grind. Writs are easy to do, very, very easy.

ZoS can change things whenever they want, it's their prerogative, but they've made no indications they would do so... many different people have posted many reasons why they really shouldn't change it, from PVP considerations, to "raiding" considerations, the list goes on.

Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • pelle412
    pelle412
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm one of those who do master writs to buy things with vouchers for resale at a profit. For this purpose, exactly 100% of JC master writs are worthless. I destroy all of them. I don't even look at them anymore. The cost per voucher far exceeds those of other crafting professions. For these to have any tangible value at all, the number of vouchers each JC writ awards need to go up substantially or the ease of acquiring zircon or chromium grains need to improve.
    Edited by pelle412 on April 25, 2019 3:30PM
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pelle412 wrote: »
    I'm one of those who do master writs to buy things with vouchers for resale at a profit. For this purpose, exactly 100% of JC master writs are worthless. I destroy all of them. I don't even look at them anymore. The cost per voucher far exceeds those of other crafting professions. For these to have any tangible value at all, the number of vouchers each JC writ awards need to go up substantially or the ease of acquiring zircon or chromium grains need to improve.

so, either way, a flood on the market of master writ vouchers, making the other ones that you do have less value, thus eroding your profits.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
  • Pevey
    Pevey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Something is completely out of whack when the majority of people who have even bothered to max out JC and do the daily writs just reflexively destroy any and all JC writs. It’s a gold item. And yet it is worthless. Less than worthless because getting it out of your inventory takes time. It is so annoying. I can’t possibly believe this is what ZOS wants for this craft.
    Edited by Pevey on April 25, 2019 10:52PM
  • Craziux
    Craziux
    ✭✭✭
    Jewelry Master Writs’ value gets a score of -1 out of 10! AND it takes effort to destroy them!

Grains shouldn’t even exist, only the pure mineral or full platings.
    (You’re grinding for 1/5th part of any other craft.)

If you’re new, just.. don’t do these writs. Please. You’re losing by doing them. Unless ZoS fixes this.
    Edited by Craziux on May 11, 2019 11:31PM
    [Outfits] Hide More Armor Slots?
    Cast your vote and make it happen!

,<* 1200+ CP EU/PC *>,
    ,<* Explorer of Tamriel since Beta *>,
    Hours spent in-game: 7500+ #NoLife
    AD:
    Valp - Sorc DD
    Valp Stud - DK Tank
    Bad Argonian - Temp Heal

DC:
    Shu-Chi - PvP Warden

EP:
    Craziux - PvP NB
  • Bagatur
    Bagatur
    ✭✭✭
    To me, the easiest solution seems to halve the grains required for a plating.
  • Prospero_ESO
    Prospero_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    Or... ZoS has stated, repeatedly I might add, that they wanted Jewelry to be unique... different from the other crafts.

Juwlerycrafting is not unique and it is tbh not so different from other crafts. You level it via deconstructing and learn traits per researching, where is that uniqueness? What they have done is they made insanely grindy and not fun at all. I don´t know who designed that at ZOS but he or she could not have spent more than 1 hour to come up with this lame BS.
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i have been Jewelry crafting about a year now only had 3 grains i have a MW worth 298WV but will cost almost 1mil in gold to complete something is off balance for sure
  • Grandma
    Grandma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    all of your demands in a row like that are too much. I'd be fine with just a few.

Jewelry hireling.

deconning gold jewels gives plating/more than 1 dust.

that alone would immediately make gold jewels 10000x more accessible, for everyone. Still expensive, just possible. I've been saving up gold platings since summerset came out and last month i improved my first jewel to gold without buying any. that's how dumb this is. I get improving jewels to gold should be a hard thing to do and not happen every day (like you let it happen with every other craft) but once a year is too much. Once a month is tolerable.
    GH / 3/04/2021 / Elemental Catalyst Necromancer
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Grandma wrote: »
    all of your demands in a row like that are too much. I'd be fine with just a few.

Jewelry hireling.

deconning gold jewels gives plating/more than 1 dust.

that alone would immediately make gold jewels 10000x more accessible, for everyone. Still expensive, just possible. I've been saving up gold platings since summerset came out and last month i improved my first jewel to gold without buying any. that's how dumb this is. I get improving jewels to gold should be a hard thing to do and not happen every day (like you let it happen with every other craft) but once a year is too much. Once a month is tolerable.

The list of changed I'd like to see, even of they only did some of them, that would make a huge positive difference. It is, admittedly, an exhaustive list.
    Say NO to Crown Crates. Crown Crates are Loot Boxes. Loot Boxes are gambling. Zenimax makes enough money off us.
    ESO+ is part of the "Games as a service" trend. A trend that needs to die. Subscribe only when you need Crowns for DLC.
    Say no to "radiant" junk quests replacing proper side content and the dumbing down of our favorite franchises.
    PCMR EU.
  • Ri_Khan
    Ri_Khan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's very little in this game that I'll mark as junk. Jewelry master writs get it every single time.
  • JadeCoin
    JadeCoin
    ✭✭✭✭
    For me personally, they can keep jewelry crafting as grindy as they want. That's their prerogative.

What I do wish is that, whatever they choose to do with it, they bring the writ voucher count for jewelry crafting writs correctly in line with the value and rarity of the materials.

If they're going to make jewelry crafting highly difficult, that's fine, but the writ voucher count should reflect the level of difficulty. And currently it doesn't.
  • SockFiddler
    SockFiddler
    ✭✭✭
    I can cope with most of the grind - I just put it to the back of my mind and get on with... anything else. But, as the OP noted (pages and pages ago), the frequency of Jewelry MC writs compared to all other writs, and their ludicrous voucher return compared to what else is dropping is really, really painful now:

On my single (Grand) Master Crafter, 3 jewelry crafting master writs this week, the least worth 75 vouchers, the greatest 238. I've also had a provisioning worth 2 vouchers and a woodworking worth 18. It would cost me around 2.5 million to complete those jewelry writs and earn myself 410 vouchers. The 6 other crafting skills would yield me a whopping 20 vouchers. FROM 6 DIFFERENT CRAFTING LINES.

Seriously!?

It's the hard-handed funnelling toward these ludicrously expensive writs being almost the only viable way to get vouchers that's starting to really, really bother me. I'll let the gold writs build up for a couple of weeks and then binge the most profitable ones, handing in 7 at once, which I'd then repeat. This used to provide in the realm of 300 vouchers per run. Now, unless I've been stupidly lucky with both jewelry writs AND mats, I'm lucky to break 100, and the jewelry writs, as noted here and in almost every other post, are just not worth doing - even if you're desperate for vouchers.

In fact, I got more varied master writs, each of them offering better rewards before I hit 50 across the board in my crafting skills and learned all the motif styles. I'd not be so bothered if crafting was in the least part profitable anymore, or if the rare motif styles I can craft because I went to grind the places they drop were actually still rare, instead of constantly being given away for free in 50 daily event boxes for 5 weeks every couple of months. There's absolutely no value to crafting anymore; crafted sets have been made obsolete, "rare" motif styles are given away to anyone opening a box (along with furniture praxis and materials) and we can still only craft, inexplicably, to level 160.

Crafting has been utterly devalued and jewellery crafting implementation is at the core of it.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can cope with most of the grind - I just put it to the back of my mind and get on with... anything else. But, as the OP noted (pages and pages ago), the frequency of Jewelry MC writs compared to all other writs, and their ludicrous voucher return compared to what else is dropping is really, really painful now:

On my single (Grand) Master Crafter, 3 jewelry crafting master writs this week, the least worth 75 vouchers, the greatest 238. I've also had a provisioning worth 2 vouchers and a woodworking worth 18. It would cost me around 2.5 million to complete those jewelry writs and earn myself 410 vouchers. The 6 other crafting skills would yield me a whopping 20 vouchers. FROM 6 DIFFERENT CRAFTING LINES.

Seriously!?

It's the hard-handed funnelling toward these ludicrously expensive writs being almost the only viable way to get vouchers that's starting to really, really bother me. I'll let the gold writs build up for a couple of weeks and then binge the most profitable ones, handing in 7 at once, which I'd then repeat. This used to provide in the realm of 300 vouchers per run. Now, unless I've been stupidly lucky with both jewelry writs AND mats, I'm lucky to break 100, and the jewelry writs, as noted here and in almost every other post, are just not worth doing - even if you're desperate for vouchers.

In fact, I got more varied master writs, each of them offering better rewards before I hit 50 across the board in my crafting skills and learned all the motif styles. I'd not be so bothered if crafting was in the least part profitable anymore, or if the rare motif styles I can craft because I went to grind the places they drop were actually still rare, instead of constantly being given away for free in 50 daily event boxes for 5 weeks every couple of months. There's absolutely no value to crafting anymore; crafted sets have been made obsolete, "rare" motif styles are given away to anyone opening a box (along with furniture praxis and materials) and we can still only craft, inexplicably, to level 160.

Crafting has been utterly devalued and jewellery crafting implementation is at the core of it.

Granted, I do writs on 15 characters a day... but the profit is about 6 million gold a month for me. Doing the master writs I get (other than jewelry), selling the items I can buy, selling the gold improvement mats, gaining the 4.6k gold per character per day, collecting the surveys. I get between 400-700 vouchers a week (again, not counting jewelry), from those characters, depending on RNG.

Statistically, only looking at 1 week on 1 character is an extremely small sample size.

Yes, the event gives away motifs, gives away plans (some of them). Most of the plans that are in the boxes are for plans that were already dirt cheap, there are a few rare ones who thankfully have good drops so that the prices come down. Many of these extremely high priced ones are due to a few people controlling the market on them (at least on PC/NA), as there'd only ever be one or two up for sale (if any), so they could buy up, and up-charge drastically. Having them "flood" the market has made it so those who don't have millions saved up can get them.

Yes, JC master writs are not worth doing at this time. They made some adjustments with Wolfhunter (by approximately a factor of 4!), and there may be future changes coming. Yet, if they make them even as affordable as the current master writs from other skill lines, there will be a massive flood of vouchers on the market, further eroding the "value" of crafting, since the gold gained from doing those master writs is one of the biggest profit margins for crafters.
  • Arato
    Arato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People just throw away jewelry master writs because of the massive expense it takes to do them. Me.. I've been letting them pile up in my bank. I've used like, two, ever, and people probably would think I was throwing away a lot of gold by doing so. Only reason I don't agree with them is that I can't deal with the demands of trade guilds (I don't want to go out farming just for things to trade in order to make quotas, last time I was in a trade guild I was basically having to become a full time trader rather than getting to play the game), nor do I have the patience to hawk wares over map chat.. but that's a tangent. People who do make money trading, there's no way they'd do jewelry master writs, the platings are worth more selling than using.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arato wrote: »
    People just throw away jewelry master writs because of the massive expense it takes to do them. Me.. I've been letting them pile up in my bank. I've used like, two, ever, and people probably would think I was throwing away a lot of gold by doing so. Only reason I don't agree with them is that I can't deal with the demands of trade guilds (I don't want to go out farming just for things to trade in order to make quotas, last time I was in a trade guild I was basically having to become a full time trader rather than getting to play the game), nor do I have the patience to hawk wares over map chat.. but that's a tangent. People who do make money trading, there's no way they'd do jewelry master writs, the platings are worth more selling than using.

Doing my writs alone lets me get enough drops to pay for the 3 traders that I'm in... one with a 500k weekly sales, one with a 50k and the other with 5k.

But I agree with you, I don't do JC master writs. I've done 2. Once for the achievement of upgrading something to gold, and once, because I was impatient and wanted the vouchers to buy my last attunable station for my house so I could have all of them in the game in my house. Both JC master writs I did were for 450+ vouchers.
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally find it impossible to destroy any jewellery writs that reward 300 or 400+ writ vouchers. I have a banker with a very huge bag and that is quickly being filled to the brim with these jewellery writs I cannot use. I do destroy any writs that reward under 100 vouchers but keep the higher ones. I'm keeping them just incase.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree. I have no problem with the gold jewelry being exclusive, but purple is way too much of grind. Just look at the price of jewelry crafting writs. They’re worthless because even for 80 vouchers it’s not worth using the zircon grains.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wishlist14 wrote: »
    I personally find it impossible to destroy any jewellery writs that reward 300 or 400+ writ vouchers. I have a banker with a very huge bag and that is quickly being filled to the brim with these jewellery writs I cannot use. I do destroy any writs that reward under 100 vouchers but keep the higher ones. I'm keeping them just incase.

Purple > 100, and Gold > 400 are the ones I'm saving, just in case. The legendary ones for 100-200 vouchers are actually terrible.
  • dhboy123
    dhboy123
    ✭✭✭✭
    Funny how after all this time, this thread is exactly the same with what is wrong with Jewellery and nothing has changed.

Depressing really.
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭
    dhboy123 wrote: »
    Funny how after all this time, this thread is exactly the same with what is wrong with Jewellery and nothing has changed.

Depressing really.

ikr?
    Say NO to Crown Crates. Crown Crates are Loot Boxes. Loot Boxes are gambling. Zenimax makes enough money off us.
    ESO+ is part of the "Games as a service" trend. A trend that needs to die. Subscribe only when you need Crowns for DLC.
    Say no to "radiant" junk quests replacing proper side content and the dumbing down of our favorite franchises.
    PCMR EU.