Maintenance for the week of June 21:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 21
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 23, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 23, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

50% of max health rather than 40%

  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i stand by my comment.
    it should infact be only 10% of your health.
    Not 40% thats too much.
    rest assured, that i did read your response to my feedback comment(s), i always do. and unless i respond back to your comment directly, then i will always stand by my original feedback statement.
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i stand by my comment.
    it should infact be only 10% of your health.
    Not 40% thats too much.

    Ok seems like you don't really understand how it work.

    A shield won't be equal to 40% of your health, the maximum shield strenght you can get IS 40% of your max health.

    It's a nerf if you have low health and a lot of magicka ( 16K/21K health and 40K+ magicka for example, it's a big nerf for all sorcs in PVE, It will reduce our shield strenght by 14K ( from 20K shield to 6K400)

    It's also a nerf for some sorcs in PVP.

    But it's not a buff for anyone.

    No need to quote me and say you still stand by your comment, or argue a bit maybe , because "threads with nerf requests are made to hurt and nerf other classes out of retaliation and spite and not interested in actual class balance." as you said.

    Edited by Apherius on September 29, 2018 9:25PM
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no, i still agree with my beliefs.
    rest assured, that i did read your response to my feedback comment(s), i always do. and unless i respond back to your comment directly, then i will always stand by my original feedback statement.
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no, i still agree with my beliefs.

    So you still agree that Sorc's should be discarded as a class in trials because other classes will be able to survive the group-wide burst damage which has become integral to it, and sorc cant?

    Seems like you just have a grudge.
  • Tivnael
    Tivnael
    ✭✭
    Apherius wrote: »
    40% for harness and 60% for hardened, keep both choice interesting in PVE.

    You PvE players should get that this nerf was designed for you, and its reasons are comprehensibly. In PvP, there is no overpowered shield stacking. It is easi to counteract with well timed stuns and can't be kept up too long.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no, i still agree with my beliefs.

    So you still agree that Sorc's should be discarded as a class in trials because other classes will be able to survive the group-wide burst damage which has become integral to it, and sorc cant?

    Seems like you just have a grudge.

    Dude, I've got vet trial clears on a StamSorc. Tell me again how shields are mandatory for clearing.
    Co-Host of The Tenets: a podcast focused on bringing new players up to speed in ESO.
  • bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no, i still agree with my beliefs.

    He's either trolling or missing some marbles. Scratch that, he's both.
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no, i still agree with my beliefs.

    So you still agree that Sorc's should be discarded as a class in trials because other classes will be able to survive the group-wide burst damage which has become integral to it, and sorc cant?

    Seems like you just have a grudge.

    Dude, I've got vet trial clears on a StamSorc. Tell me again how shields are mandatory for clearing.

    Tell me again how shields apply to Stamsorc, who has more then a few defenses in and of itself.

    Basic inference could tell I didn't mean stamsorc there, come on now. Eitherway, it doesn't have health, it doesn't have armor, it doesn't have consistant access to evasion which is now anti AOE, so what can it do to get those oneshots to stop oneshotting now?

    And if the measure is too extreme, explain to me why people would even bring Magsorcs now?

    I also just listed Magsorc in the original draft because I'm in constant tooth pain at the moment, so cut me some slack.
    Edited by Doctordarkspawn on September 30, 2018 2:06AM
  • joaaocaampos
    joaaocaampos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's going to happen just like that werewolf healing skill.
    • Harness Magicka and Empowered Ward: 40% of your character's maximum health.
    • Hardened Ward: 60% of your character's maximum health.
    • Dampen Magicka: 40% +3% of your character's maximum health for each piece of Light Armor equipped.
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's going to happen just like that werewolf healing skill.
    • Harness Magicka and Empowered Ward: 40% of your character's maximum health.
    • Hardened Ward: 60% of your character's maximum health.
    • Dampen Magicka: 40% +3% of your character's maximum health for each piece of Light Armor equipped.

    60% would be fine if bastion is changed to give craptons of extra resistances to shields. That'd solve the one-shot survival problem.

    But that's around the only way I see this happening.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no, i still agree with my beliefs.

    So you still agree that Sorc's should be discarded as a class in trials because other classes will be able to survive the group-wide burst damage which has become integral to it, and sorc cant?

    Seems like you just have a grudge.

    Dude, I've got vet trial clears on a StamSorc. Tell me again how shields are mandatory for clearing.

    Tell me again how shields apply to Stamsorc, who has more then a few defenses in and of itself.

    Basic inference could tell I didn't mean stamsorc there, come on now. Eitherway, it doesn't have health, it doesn't have armor, it doesn't have consistant access to evasion which is now anti AOE, so what can it do to get those oneshots to stop oneshotting now?

    And if the measure is too extreme, explain to me why people would even bring Magsorcs now?

    I also just listed Magsorc in the original draft because I'm in constant tooth pain at the moment, so cut me some slack.

    I'll give you some. But I've been hearing nothing but proclamations of doom from the mag crowd since this was announced.

    All of this comes down to one thing, shields became a panacea. You found a one shot? Don't bother figuring it out, just shield up. You stood in stupid? Just shield up.

    Run a sorc, it's "easy mode."

    It was overperforming. People were getting bored. If you're a good player, you'll adapt. If you were completely dependant on shields and don't want to improve, you won't. Simple as that.
    Edited by starkerealm on September 30, 2018 7:48AM
    Co-Host of The Tenets: a podcast focused on bringing new players up to speed in ESO.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    no, i still agree with my beliefs.

    So you still agree that Sorc's should be discarded as a class in trials because other classes will be able to survive the group-wide burst damage which has become integral to it, and sorc cant?

    Seems like you just have a grudge.

    Dude, I've got vet trial clears on a StamSorc. Tell me again how shields are mandatory for clearing.

    Tell me again how shields apply to Stamsorc, who has more then a few defenses in and of itself.

    Basic inference could tell I didn't mean stamsorc there, come on now. Eitherway, it doesn't have health, it doesn't have armor, it doesn't have consistant access to evasion which is now anti AOE, so what can it do to get those oneshots to stop oneshotting now?

    And if the measure is too extreme, explain to me why people would even bring Magsorcs now?

    I also just listed Magsorc in the original draft because I'm in constant tooth pain at the moment, so cut me some slack.

    I'll give you some. But I've been hearing nothing but proclamations of doom from the mag crowd since this was announced.

    All of this comes down to one thing, shields became a panacea. You found a one shot? Don't bother figuring it out, just shield up. You stood in stupid? Just shield up.

    Run a sorc, it's "easy mode."

    It was overperforming. People were getting bored. If you're a good player, you'll adapt. If you were completely dependant on shields and don't want to improve, you won't. Simple as that.

    Or if you want better performance, you switch class.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

    PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    no, i still agree with my beliefs.

    So you still agree that Sorc's should be discarded as a class in trials because other classes will be able to survive the group-wide burst damage which has become integral to it, and sorc cant?

    Seems like you just have a grudge.

    Dude, I've got vet trial clears on a StamSorc. Tell me again how shields are mandatory for clearing.

    Tell me again how shields apply to Stamsorc, who has more then a few defenses in and of itself.

    Basic inference could tell I didn't mean stamsorc there, come on now. Eitherway, it doesn't have health, it doesn't have armor, it doesn't have consistant access to evasion which is now anti AOE, so what can it do to get those oneshots to stop oneshotting now?

    And if the measure is too extreme, explain to me why people would even bring Magsorcs now?

    I also just listed Magsorc in the original draft because I'm in constant tooth pain at the moment, so cut me some slack.

    I'll give you some. But I've been hearing nothing but proclamations of doom from the mag crowd since this was announced.

    All of this comes down to one thing, shields became a panacea. You found a one shot? Don't bother figuring it out, just shield up. You stood in stupid? Just shield up.

    Run a sorc, it's "easy mode."

    It was overperforming. People were getting bored. If you're a good player, you'll adapt. If you were completely dependant on shields and don't want to improve, you won't. Simple as that.

    I was tanking vet hard mode dungeons with only 14k health on my magsorc :joy:
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Daus wrote: »
    no, i still agree with my beliefs.

    So you still agree that Sorc's should be discarded as a class in trials because other classes will be able to survive the group-wide burst damage which has become integral to it, and sorc cant?

    Seems like you just have a grudge.

    Dude, I've got vet trial clears on a StamSorc. Tell me again how shields are mandatory for clearing.

    Tell me again how shields apply to Stamsorc, who has more then a few defenses in and of itself.

    Basic inference could tell I didn't mean stamsorc there, come on now. Eitherway, it doesn't have health, it doesn't have armor, it doesn't have consistant access to evasion which is now anti AOE, so what can it do to get those oneshots to stop oneshotting now?

    And if the measure is too extreme, explain to me why people would even bring Magsorcs now?

    I also just listed Magsorc in the original draft because I'm in constant tooth pain at the moment, so cut me some slack.

    I'll give you some. But I've been hearing nothing but proclamations of doom from the mag crowd since this was announced.

    All of this comes down to one thing, shields became a panacea. You found a one shot? Don't bother figuring it out, just shield up. You stood in stupid? Just shield up.

    Run a sorc, it's "easy mode."

    It was overperforming. People were getting bored. If you're a good player, you'll adapt. If you were completely dependant on shields and don't want to improve, you won't. Simple as that.

    I was tanking vet hard mode dungeons with only 14k health on my magsorc :joy:

    Go tell Alcast to ditch his main tank for a 14k health shield sorc right now.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    Daus wrote: »
    no, i still agree with my beliefs.

    So you still agree that Sorc's should be discarded as a class in trials because other classes will be able to survive the group-wide burst damage which has become integral to it, and sorc cant?

    Seems like you just have a grudge.

    Dude, I've got vet trial clears on a StamSorc. Tell me again how shields are mandatory for clearing.

    Tell me again how shields apply to Stamsorc, who has more then a few defenses in and of itself.

    Basic inference could tell I didn't mean stamsorc there, come on now. Eitherway, it doesn't have health, it doesn't have armor, it doesn't have consistant access to evasion which is now anti AOE, so what can it do to get those oneshots to stop oneshotting now?

    And if the measure is too extreme, explain to me why people would even bring Magsorcs now?

    I also just listed Magsorc in the original draft because I'm in constant tooth pain at the moment, so cut me some slack.

    I'll give you some. But I've been hearing nothing but proclamations of doom from the mag crowd since this was announced.

    All of this comes down to one thing, shields became a panacea. You found a one shot? Don't bother figuring it out, just shield up. You stood in stupid? Just shield up.

    Run a sorc, it's "easy mode."

    It was overperforming. People were getting bored. If you're a good player, you'll adapt. If you were completely dependant on shields and don't want to improve, you won't. Simple as that.

    I was tanking vet hard mode dungeons with only 14k health on my magsorc :joy:

    Go tell Alcast to ditch his main tank for a 14k health shield sorc right now.

    I'd rather take my 14k health magsorc than any legitimate tank in a dungeon since my magsorc contributes good damage in conjunction with getting aggro.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Daus wrote: »
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    Daus wrote: »
    no, i still agree with my beliefs.

    So you still agree that Sorc's should be discarded as a class in trials because other classes will be able to survive the group-wide burst damage which has become integral to it, and sorc cant?

    Seems like you just have a grudge.

    Dude, I've got vet trial clears on a StamSorc. Tell me again how shields are mandatory for clearing.

    Tell me again how shields apply to Stamsorc, who has more then a few defenses in and of itself.

    Basic inference could tell I didn't mean stamsorc there, come on now. Eitherway, it doesn't have health, it doesn't have armor, it doesn't have consistant access to evasion which is now anti AOE, so what can it do to get those oneshots to stop oneshotting now?

    And if the measure is too extreme, explain to me why people would even bring Magsorcs now?

    I also just listed Magsorc in the original draft because I'm in constant tooth pain at the moment, so cut me some slack.

    I'll give you some. But I've been hearing nothing but proclamations of doom from the mag crowd since this was announced.

    All of this comes down to one thing, shields became a panacea. You found a one shot? Don't bother figuring it out, just shield up. You stood in stupid? Just shield up.

    Run a sorc, it's "easy mode."

    It was overperforming. People were getting bored. If you're a good player, you'll adapt. If you were completely dependant on shields and don't want to improve, you won't. Simple as that.

    I was tanking vet hard mode dungeons with only 14k health on my magsorc :joy:

    Go tell Alcast to ditch his main tank for a 14k health shield sorc right now.

    I'd rather take my 14k health magsorc than any legitimate tank in a dungeon since my magsorc contributes good damage in conjunction with getting aggro.

    Eh, there is somewhat of a truth behind that. If you're speaking of a four-man-dungeon, you can typically load a bit damage onto the tank or healer, agreed. Although the healer is a better pick, synergizes more.
    Honestly, few four-man-dungeons are challenging these days. It's a consequence of having everything boil down to one-shot-mechanics. THAT is the issue here. If we were required to, say, out-dps a timer or dps to heal, or take down enemy waves fast enough, the story would be much different.
    I... would not recommend your shield tank for vMoL, however.
    (^_^)'
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Daus wrote: »
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    Daus wrote: »
    no, i still agree with my beliefs.

    So you still agree that Sorc's should be discarded as a class in trials because other classes will be able to survive the group-wide burst damage which has become integral to it, and sorc cant?

    Seems like you just have a grudge.

    Dude, I've got vet trial clears on a StamSorc. Tell me again how shields are mandatory for clearing.

    Tell me again how shields apply to Stamsorc, who has more then a few defenses in and of itself.

    Basic inference could tell I didn't mean stamsorc there, come on now. Eitherway, it doesn't have health, it doesn't have armor, it doesn't have consistant access to evasion which is now anti AOE, so what can it do to get those oneshots to stop oneshotting now?

    And if the measure is too extreme, explain to me why people would even bring Magsorcs now?

    I also just listed Magsorc in the original draft because I'm in constant tooth pain at the moment, so cut me some slack.

    I'll give you some. But I've been hearing nothing but proclamations of doom from the mag crowd since this was announced.

    All of this comes down to one thing, shields became a panacea. You found a one shot? Don't bother figuring it out, just shield up. You stood in stupid? Just shield up.

    Run a sorc, it's "easy mode."

    It was overperforming. People were getting bored. If you're a good player, you'll adapt. If you were completely dependant on shields and don't want to improve, you won't. Simple as that.

    I was tanking vet hard mode dungeons with only 14k health on my magsorc :joy:

    Go tell Alcast to ditch his main tank for a 14k health shield sorc right now.

    I'd rather take my 14k health magsorc than any legitimate tank in a dungeon since my magsorc contributes good damage in conjunction with getting aggro.

    Sure, go "tank" non DLC instances.

    I've tried shield (the "overperforming one" we have today) + block vs some of the Wolfhunter 4 men bosses: nope, I get 55k damage through shield + block and still get 1 shot. My friend brings his trial DK tank and does not even flinch to that.
    Edited by Vahrokh on September 30, 2018 1:44PM
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daus wrote: »
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    Daus wrote: »
    no, i still agree with my beliefs.

    So you still agree that Sorc's should be discarded as a class in trials because other classes will be able to survive the group-wide burst damage which has become integral to it, and sorc cant?

    Seems like you just have a grudge.

    Dude, I've got vet trial clears on a StamSorc. Tell me again how shields are mandatory for clearing.

    Tell me again how shields apply to Stamsorc, who has more then a few defenses in and of itself.

    Basic inference could tell I didn't mean stamsorc there, come on now. Eitherway, it doesn't have health, it doesn't have armor, it doesn't have consistant access to evasion which is now anti AOE, so what can it do to get those oneshots to stop oneshotting now?

    And if the measure is too extreme, explain to me why people would even bring Magsorcs now?

    I also just listed Magsorc in the original draft because I'm in constant tooth pain at the moment, so cut me some slack.

    I'll give you some. But I've been hearing nothing but proclamations of doom from the mag crowd since this was announced.

    All of this comes down to one thing, shields became a panacea. You found a one shot? Don't bother figuring it out, just shield up. You stood in stupid? Just shield up.

    Run a sorc, it's "easy mode."

    It was overperforming. People were getting bored. If you're a good player, you'll adapt. If you were completely dependant on shields and don't want to improve, you won't. Simple as that.

    I was tanking vet hard mode dungeons with only 14k health on my magsorc :joy:

    Go tell Alcast to ditch his main tank for a 14k health shield sorc right now.

    I'd rather take my 14k health magsorc than any legitimate tank in a dungeon since my magsorc contributes good damage in conjunction with getting aggro.

    I'd rather take my 50k health Sorc Tank into a dungeon, since they won't die and cause a wipe everytime a boss looks at me funny. Also, they have a taunt and CCs, unlike every 14k health "tank," I've encountered in game.
    Co-Host of The Tenets: a podcast focused on bringing new players up to speed in ESO.
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NyassaV wrote: »
    While I like that ZOS reconsidered the shield changes I though the number 40 was just a very weird one too see. For simplicity's sake (much like with battle spirit) I highly suggest making it so shields do not exceed 50% of max health rather than 40%

    I ask this in part because of the stupid 1-shot mechanics that plague the game. Most the the game's content was made and adjusted while taking the old damage shield system into account Now that they have been changed I feel as if a lot of 1-shot mechanics need to be changed as well.

    50% makes things easy to think about and theorize about. 40% doesn't make it difficult per-say but does make it a tad more complex.

    @ZOS_RobGarrett

    ZOS still trying to protect their weird shields changes
    Pathetic...

    Just leave shields alone and do not try to "fix" something that wasn't broken!
    I am Russian!
    PC EU. Ebonheart Pact. CP 780+, Lich'Er (mag Sorc, Altmer), Licherr (stam NB, Cat), Alt F'Four (mag NB, Sax), Licher'Tank (stam DK, Viking), Licher'Heal (mag Templar, Lizard), Mehden (stam Mehden, Cannibal), Licher (crafter).
    YouTube: All ESO disguises - 2014 | Addon: Advanced Autoloot | Buff Breton race
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    Daus wrote: »
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    Daus wrote: »
    no, i still agree with my beliefs.

    So you still agree that Sorc's should be discarded as a class in trials because other classes will be able to survive the group-wide burst damage which has become integral to it, and sorc cant?

    Seems like you just have a grudge.

    Dude, I've got vet trial clears on a StamSorc. Tell me again how shields are mandatory for clearing.

    Tell me again how shields apply to Stamsorc, who has more then a few defenses in and of itself.

    Basic inference could tell I didn't mean stamsorc there, come on now. Eitherway, it doesn't have health, it doesn't have armor, it doesn't have consistant access to evasion which is now anti AOE, so what can it do to get those oneshots to stop oneshotting now?

    And if the measure is too extreme, explain to me why people would even bring Magsorcs now?

    I also just listed Magsorc in the original draft because I'm in constant tooth pain at the moment, so cut me some slack.

    I'll give you some. But I've been hearing nothing but proclamations of doom from the mag crowd since this was announced.

    All of this comes down to one thing, shields became a panacea. You found a one shot? Don't bother figuring it out, just shield up. You stood in stupid? Just shield up.

    Run a sorc, it's "easy mode."

    It was overperforming. People were getting bored. If you're a good player, you'll adapt. If you were completely dependant on shields and don't want to improve, you won't. Simple as that.

    I was tanking vet hard mode dungeons with only 14k health on my magsorc :joy:

    Go tell Alcast to ditch his main tank for a 14k health shield sorc right now.

    I'd rather take my 14k health magsorc than any legitimate tank in a dungeon since my magsorc contributes good damage in conjunction with getting aggro.

    Eh, there is somewhat of a truth behind that. If you're speaking of a four-man-dungeon, you can typically load a bit damage onto the tank or healer, agreed. Although the healer is a better pick, synergizes more.
    Honestly, few four-man-dungeons are challenging these days. It's a consequence of having everything boil down to one-shot-mechanics. THAT is the issue here. If we were required to, say, out-dps a timer or dps to heal, or take down enemy waves fast enough, the story would be much different.
    I... would not recommend your shield tank for vMoL, however.
    (^_^)'

    Oh definitely not. Yeah I specifically said dungeon. Lol I wouldn't try that in a trial
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no, i still agree with my beliefs.

    So you still agree that Sorc's should be discarded as a class in trials because other classes will be able to survive the group-wide burst damage which has become integral to it, and sorc cant?

    Seems like you just have a grudge.

    Dude, I've got vet trial clears on a StamSorc. Tell me again how shields are mandatory for clearing.

    Tell me again how shields apply to Stamsorc, who has more then a few defenses in and of itself.

    Basic inference could tell I didn't mean stamsorc there, come on now. Eitherway, it doesn't have health, it doesn't have armor, it doesn't have consistant access to evasion which is now anti AOE, so what can it do to get those oneshots to stop oneshotting now?

    And if the measure is too extreme, explain to me why people would even bring Magsorcs now?

    I also just listed Magsorc in the original draft because I'm in constant tooth pain at the moment, so cut me some slack.

    I'll give you some. But I've been hearing nothing but proclamations of doom from the mag crowd since this was announced.

    All of this comes down to one thing, shields became a panacea. You found a one shot? Don't bother figuring it out, just shield up. You stood in stupid? Just shield up.

    Run a sorc, it's "easy mode."

    It was overperforming. People were getting bored. If you're a good player, you'll adapt. If you were completely dependant on shields and don't want to improve, you won't. Simple as that.

    Then why was magsorcs rotation and play considered one of the hardest to perform?

    Then why are people posting these insane damage numbers magsorcs do not have an answer to simply because of scaling?

    You. Are. Biased. And your bias should not lock a class out of veteran trials. One run of black rose prison was all people like code needed to break this idiotic 'it's overperforming' *** over their knee. The center cannot hold, you ajust this, you must then ajust trial damage. Sorry. But it's true. We've seen the kind of damage trials are puting out with AOE burst, and that should be lowered so that healers -are- necessary to mitigate it if this is the plan. Blackrose prison is a good example of this. Trash mobs are overtuned.

    I still remember when Magsorc, shields and all, was subpar DPS for the longest time until the Llambris monster set dropped. It was pure *** burst, and it only shined in PVP.

    And that's why your posting. It's painfully obvious. Your a bitter PVP main and I know it because some of my friends are acting the exact same way. And I'll tell you what I told them: Just because we've all delt with it doesn't make it right.

    Sorc needs those shields. Raise the cap to 60%. Edit bastion to give insane resistances to shields. It wont be a problem in BG's and non CP campaigns. So PVP will remain untouched.

    TLDR: Something needs to give. Either shields need to get signifigant buffs or the content damage output needs to be edited regularly with player defenses in mind. And we both know ZOS wont do the latter.
    Edited by Doctordarkspawn on September 30, 2018 7:54PM
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i stand by my comment.
    it should infact be only 10% of your health.
    Not 40% thats too much.

    Nah keep shields change as it is but just make it so when You are blocking and healing Your heals cant crit and You have 50% healing reduction same as damage taken , when You're dodging You're also dodging heals same as damage taken and when You're in cloak Your recived heals are missing same as damage taken. It'll be in line with fact that shields can take crit damage while cant crit , consume stamina on block yet not reciving dmg reduction and were reduced in size. BALANCE :wink:
    Edited by Juhasow on September 30, 2018 10:58PM
  • Exodium
    Exodium
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    Not 50%, not 60%. Leave them as they are for Trinimac's sake.
    Making them critable is enough. All those evil attempts to make this game no fun anymore, I am tired of this.

    I really really would like to say something in particular. But that would probably be an assault on someone. So I shall not.

    No. Crit is only a pvp change but the issue is clearly with pve. Why is it that the majority of players who finish vma for the first time do it on magicka builds? Because shields are too beginner friendly, compensate for poor game play and basically cover up mistakes, as well as allowing you to disregard mechanics.

    I'm sure their data shows that this is the same with trials with most people being magicka for the reasons above.

    Shields need to be nerfed. Simple.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exodium wrote: »
    Dracane wrote: »
    Not 50%, not 60%. Leave them as they are for Trinimac's sake.
    Making them critable is enough. All those evil attempts to make this game no fun anymore, I am tired of this.

    I really really would like to say something in particular. But that would probably be an assault on someone. So I shall not.

    No. Crit is only a pvp change but the issue is clearly with pve. Why is it that the majority of players who finish vma for the first time do it on magicka builds? Because shields are too beginner friendly, compensate for poor game play and basically cover up mistakes, as well as allowing you to disregard mechanics.

    I'm sure their data shows that this is the same with trials with most people being magicka for the reasons above.

    Shields need to be nerfed. Simple.

    @Exordium You do realize stam builds can do vMA with light attack spam without abilities on bars ?
  • Exodium
    Exodium
    ✭✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »
    Exodium wrote: »
    Dracane wrote: »
    Not 50%, not 60%. Leave them as they are for Trinimac's sake.
    Making them critable is enough. All those evil attempts to make this game no fun anymore, I am tired of this.

    I really really would like to say something in particular. But that would probably be an assault on someone. So I shall not.

    No. Crit is only a pvp change but the issue is clearly with pve. Why is it that the majority of players who finish vma for the first time do it on magicka builds? Because shields are too beginner friendly, compensate for poor game play and basically cover up mistakes, as well as allowing you to disregard mechanics.

    I'm sure their data shows that this is the same with trials with most people being magicka for the reasons above.

    Shields need to be nerfed. Simple.

    @Exordium You do realize stam builds can do vMA with light attack spam without abilities on bars ?

    Anyone can do vMA with light attack spams with a knowledge of the mechanics...One player did it with just a broom equipped.

    And funny you say that, considering the famous 'Easy vma 1-bar only build' is a magicka sorc build that has helped so many people get through it on their first clear.

    In fact, 2 years ago when I tried doing vma on my stamsorc I was struggling with the last stage. After 30-40 attempts, I figured I'd respect him to magicka to see if thatd work. I beat it on my 3rd attempt without much of a knowledge on how to play a magika sorc...lmao I was carried by 20k shields as the crematorial guards only got my shield down (they used to one hit my stamsorc).

    Facts are facts. Shields are beginner friendly and they carry as well as mask incompetent gameplay. I even admit I had my own incompetencies masked when I rerolled magicka.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exodium wrote: »
    Juhasow wrote: »
    Exodium wrote: »
    Dracane wrote: »
    Not 50%, not 60%. Leave them as they are for Trinimac's sake.
    Making them critable is enough. All those evil attempts to make this game no fun anymore, I am tired of this.

    I really really would like to say something in particular. But that would probably be an assault on someone. So I shall not.

    No. Crit is only a pvp change but the issue is clearly with pve. Why is it that the majority of players who finish vma for the first time do it on magicka builds? Because shields are too beginner friendly, compensate for poor game play and basically cover up mistakes, as well as allowing you to disregard mechanics.

    I'm sure their data shows that this is the same with trials with most people being magicka for the reasons above.

    Shields need to be nerfed. Simple.

    @Exordium You do realize stam builds can do vMA with light attack spam without abilities on bars ?

    Anyone can do vMA with light attack spams with a knowledge of the mechanics...One player did it with just a broom equipped.

    And funny you say that, considering the famous 'Easy vma 1-bar only build' is a magicka sorc build that has helped so many people get through it on their first clear.

    In fact, 2 years ago when I tried doing vma on my stamsorc I was struggling with the last stage. After 30-40 attempts, I figured I'd respect him to magicka to see if thatd work. I beat it on my 3rd attempt without much of a knowledge on how to play a magika sorc...lmao I was carried by 20k shields as the crematorial guards only got my shield down (they used to one hit my stamsorc).

    Facts are facts. Shields are beginner friendly and they carry as well as mask incompetent gameplay. I even admit I had my own incompetencies masked when I rerolled magicka.

    I havnt seen a run with just a broom what I've seen are people using regular sets+broom and bucket plus all regular abilities. What I am talking about are runs with JUST light attacks through whole arena without use of ANY ability basicly with empty barslots so no passives even apply. Runs like that are possible currently and You dont even have to know arena perfectly 5+ runs will be enought o memorize what to do.

    That famous build You're talking about is kinda outdated these days so it's like saying that DKs are OP in PvP because there was once famous build that You could easily 1v10 with and it helped many ppl to get their first 1vX.

    What masks incompetences is current power creep of sets and CPs. Also seriously You've been struggling 2 years ago with beating vMA on stamsorc when that builds was at its peak ? I think that was time when I 1st time did vMA with 0 CP and it was on stamsorc.

    Shields of course are begginer friendly but there is lot of other begginer friendly things so Your pont here is kinda deluded. Your argument behind certain thing being heavily nerfed is because that things helps weaker players in certain type of content where experienced players are rarely even using it. Doesnt sound like solid argument to me. By that logic I can say that Vigor should be heavily nerfed because it insanely helped weaker players to do vMA on their stam characters , basicly some people wouldnt be able to complete vMA without it so it's extremly begginer friendly.

    Edited by Juhasow on October 1, 2018 2:21AM
  • Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »
    Exodium wrote: »
    Juhasow wrote: »
    Exodium wrote: »
    Dracane wrote: »
    Not 50%, not 60%. Leave them as they are for Trinimac's sake.
    Making them critable is enough. All those evil attempts to make this game no fun anymore, I am tired of this.

    I really really would like to say something in particular. But that would probably be an assault on someone. So I shall not.

    No. Crit is only a pvp change but the issue is clearly with pve. Why is it that the majority of players who finish vma for the first time do it on magicka builds? Because shields are too beginner friendly, compensate for poor game play and basically cover up mistakes, as well as allowing you to disregard mechanics.

    I'm sure their data shows that this is the same with trials with most people being magicka for the reasons above.

    Shields need to be nerfed. Simple.

    @Exordium You do realize stam builds can do vMA with light attack spam without abilities on bars ?

    Anyone can do vMA with light attack spams with a knowledge of the mechanics...One player did it with just a broom equipped.

    And funny you say that, considering the famous 'Easy vma 1-bar only build' is a magicka sorc build that has helped so many people get through it on their first clear.

    In fact, 2 years ago when I tried doing vma on my stamsorc I was struggling with the last stage. After 30-40 attempts, I figured I'd respect him to magicka to see if thatd work. I beat it on my 3rd attempt without much of a knowledge on how to play a magika sorc...lmao I was carried by 20k shields as the crematorial guards only got my shield down (they used to one hit my stamsorc).

    Facts are facts. Shields are beginner friendly and they carry as well as mask incompetent gameplay. I even admit I had my own incompetencies masked when I rerolled magicka.

    I havnt seen a run with just a broom what I've seen are people using regular sets+broom and bucket plus all regular abilities. What I am talking about are runs with JUST light attacks through whole arena without use of ANY ability basicly with empty barslots so no passives even apply. Runs like that are possible currently and You dont even have to know arena perfectly 5+ runs will be enought o memorize what to do.

    That famous build You're talking about is kinda outdated these days so it's like saying that DKs are OP in PvP because there was once famous build that You could easily 1v10 with and it helped many ppl to get their first 1vX.

    What masks incompetences is current power creep of sets and CPs. Also seriously You've been struggling 2 years ago with beating vMA on stamsorc when that builds was at its peak ? I think that was time when I 1st time did vMA with 0 CP and it was on stamsorc.

    Shields of course are begginer friendly but there is lot of other begginer friendly things so Your pont here is kinda deluded. Your argument behind certain thing being heavily nerfed is because that things helps weaker players in certain type of content where experienced players are rarely even using it. Doesnt sound like solid argument to me. By that logic I can say that Vigor should be heavily nerfed because it insanely helped weaker players to do vMA on their stam characters , basicly some people wouldnt be able to complete vMA without it so it's extremly begginer friendly.

    Just stop. Vma is a joke using a magsorc. That build is outdated you say? Funny it's still working for me. I had tons of trouble attempting vma on my stam toons, tried it with the one bar magsorc build and it's night and day.

    I'm standing in stupid, blades are constantly ripping me up but I lived because I just shielded up. I'm completely ignoring mechanics and prevailing in vma, all due to how powerful shields make you.

    A one bar magsorc build and it's making vma, the hardest solo content in the game look like a public dungeon at best. Just stop with the narrative that playing a magsorc is hard and shielding isn't a problem. I'm a terrible player, I should not be able to ignore mechanics and be successful in vma.

    I'm rather curious as to the class these folks play who go around complaining about how easy the game is.
    Edited by Sevn on October 1, 2018 4:50AM
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway
  • Cronopoly
    Cronopoly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Going on 4 Years, ZOS Designed Light Armor play to use Shields as the main defense that scaled with Magicka. In what seems like a Rune Cage /Wrath like fashion, & shoot from the hip, it's getting Nerfed into the ground without a lot of thought. Shields should not stack obviously and some sort of solution could have been presented in a balanced way to prevent the 25K+ shield stacking in PVP.

    Counter play was introduced with Bleeds, Oblivion Damage, Shield Breaker etc... But ZOS has decided to take a harder handed approach as their goal to Punish over reliance on shield play is evident as the players obviously were not using the methods enough to kill enough Light Armor wearers fast enough in their opinion. I personally believe they are focusing on the top 0.5% of streamers that will excel on any class or setup. :|

    The Crit change by itself is enough to completely drive most Light Armor wearers into a 100% defensive Death Spiral in PVP.
    TTK is already pretty fast for offensive Stamina toons. The ONLY Light Armor wearers that were OP were the small top tier that Macroed/Anim cancelled their shields as fast as the game will allow.

    I'm annoyed specifically as I liked Light Armor play and currently see only the Trains Headlight barreling down the tunnel toward us while Stamina (Medium / Heavy Armor play are strong as hell not having to sacrifice too much at all. Nerfmire will leave Stam classes with Medium & Heavy armors largely unscathed.

    As is, I have very little confidence that we wont see another retraction as ZOS figures it out...weeks later. "Oopsie we may have gone too far...No Light Armor wearers are in PVP, as we sortof gutted the gameplay." :#
  • joaaocaampos
    joaaocaampos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's going to happen just like that werewolf healing skill.
    • Harness Magicka and Empowered Ward: 40% of your character's maximum health.
    • Hardened Ward: 60% of your character's maximum health.
    • Dampen Magicka: 40% +3% of your character's maximum health for each piece of Light Armor equipped.

    60% would be fine if bastion is changed to give craptons of extra resistances to shields. That'd solve the one-shot survival problem.

    But that's around the only way I see this happening.

    I agree! As far as I know, 100 points in Bastion = 25%. That is, +25% of your character's maximum health.

    So... Sorcerer using Hardened Ward morph and 100 points in Bastion = 85% of your character's maximum health. If Health is 20k, shield will be 17k!
  • Cronopoly
    Cronopoly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree! As far as I know, 100 points in Bastion = 25%. That is, +25% of your character's maximum health.

    So... Sorcerer using Hardened Ward morph and 100 points in Bastion = 85% of your character's maximum health. If Health is 20k, shield will be 17k!

    That's what many are waiting to see, Where, if, and how Bastion will be applied or not.

    I don't think it will be relevant in PVP as Time to Kill for Stamina toons seems pretty quick against any non double or triple stacked shield Light Armor toon "streamers". With so many Stam toons running around with 4-5K Weapon damage...The rest of us Majority that don't Macro/anim cancel our shields will be fodder moreso than today lol. That is, for about an hour or so, then it's over. Bye PVP in LA.

    Edited by Cronopoly on October 1, 2018 6:16AM
Sign In or Register to comment.