The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.

Healing ward lost the upfront heal?

• templesus
    templesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Straight from the patch notes.

-Removed the initial heal from the Healing Ward morph.

This will be a buff if your healing ward gets taken by someone else.
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You have got to be kidding me.

So healers (supposedly) weren’t feeling needed? Good job, ZOS. Instead of giving healers some new, cool boosts to make us more attractive, you take away our shields and nerf Ward as well? So when the patch hits and the shieldless magicka DDs start getting one-shot killed right and left in tricky dungeons and trials, we healers will be blamed even more than we usually are? Wow. Sounds like SO much fun!
  • bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This game is a joke now lol.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Every class has access to a burst heal for other people, in class. Also pve healers ought to have enough hots going where the ~3k heal this had was not even noticed.
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm significantly excited for Heavy Armor Online.
  • PickleRick
    PickleRick
    ✭✭✭
    templesus wrote: »
    Straight from the patch notes.

-Removed the initial heal from the Healing Ward morph.

This will be a buff if your healing ward gets taken by someone else.

This will be a buff if you sit in stealth bow ganking
    Come on, flip the pickle, Morty, you're not gonna regret it. The payoff is huge. I turned myself into a pickle, Morty! Boom! Big reveal! I'm a pickle! What do you think about that? I turned myself into a pickle! W-w-what are you just staring at me for, bro, I turned myself into a pickle, Morty.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a buff if you pvp with stamina.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Magicka players are getting lots of sucker punch this patch. :'(
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • sha-ext
    sha-ext
    ✭✭✭
    Nerfing healing ward makes no sense to me. The initial heal wasn't great anyway, but in rare instances that small heal gave you some breathing room.
    Personally i am not angry about the nerf, i am just so very confused about all of those changes which do not seem to fit any recognizable pattern - there does not seem to be a guiding vision for this game's combat.
    Or if there is, they change that grand vision every three months completely.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weird this wasn't in the notes. And if intended, i don't get who on earth thought nerfs across the board on wards was a good idea.

Sweet lord didn't they learn with rune cage, one small change and balance was out if kilter. Now massive changes to wards just because noobs and scrubs can't counter them.

Honnestly, this is weird
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Tasear ill be intrigued to hear what they say, if this was intended, and why not in the notes.

With dark conversion burst halves and no instant heal from this and a delay on wards how on earth are sorcs meant to react?
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    @Tasear ill be intrigued to hear what they say, if this was intended, and why not in the notes.

With dark conversion burst halves and no instant heal from this and a delay on wards how on earth are sorcs meant to react?
    Health restore from dark exchange skill remained same just like patchnotes say. Only resource return was halved on burst.
  • SirMewser
    SirMewser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »

Cast times in "fast-paced" combat is what ZoS has said.
    Edited by SirMewser on September 24, 2018 3:15PM
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Healing Ward (morph): Removed the initial heal from this ability (this change was originally in last week’s PTS patch).
    Developer Comment:
    Spoiler

The goal of Steadfast Ward and morphs is to protect low health targets while other sources of healing are restoring their health. The Healing Ward morph was too powerful because it was providing both a strong shield and healing to the target.

@ZOS_Whoever

There is absolutely no reason to run this morph anymore. Players are unlikely to benefit off of the heal at the end. The initial heal was used as a burst heal for the classes that lack such. If anything, remove the heal at the end.

Let's be honest though, the initial heal was very small and this is just reason for you to push players to use unpopular morphs.
  • Dashmatt
    Dashmatt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Introduce Soldier of Anguish, a crazy overpowered set, and nerf everything that might have countered it. Makes sense.

• Mintaka5
    Mintaka5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't die if you don't play the game anymore

....................../´¯/)
    ....................,/¯../
    .................../..../
    ............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
    ........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
    ........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
    .........\.................'...../
    ..........''...\.......... _.·´
    ............\..............(
    ..............\.............\...
  • profundidob16_ESO
    profundidob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since Zos has clearly gimped the ability of dps to survive purely by themselves by spamming shields I almost feel like there is now some sort of external support source necessary in order to succesfully overcome and complete group content. Maybe we can invent a new role that is specialized in patching people up and keeping dps and tanks alive. Let's call it 'healer' or something...

Healer isn't gonna help endgame through 1 shot mechanics.

exactly, that is why resistances and attributes such as health and stamina exist to to avoid 1shots and even completely avoid certain damage by dodgeroll. You know, all those things that no dps ever puts into his build ? This change makes them useful again. DPS will change their build to sacrifice a bit of dps for survivability to avoid 1 shots and the healer does the rest. DPS sees their health suddenly drop to 5% (but not 1shot !!) ? Healer responds with casting healing ward and then heals that dps up to full. That's how it was intended to be. And now also confirmed again by the devs themselves in today's PTS patch notes:

"
    Steadfast Ward
    Healing Ward (morph): Removed the initial heal from this ability (this change was originally in last week’s PTS patch).
    Developer Comment:
    Spoiler

The goal of Steadfast Ward and morphs is to protect low health targets while other sources of healing are restoring their health. The Healing Ward morph was too powerful because it was providing both a strong shield and healing to the target."
    Edited by profundidob16_ESO on September 24, 2018 4:24PM
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hurr da durrr durrrr let's make healers more useful by taking away a heal from Healing Ward, I mean, only Templars are meant to heal right? Screw Sorc healers and DK healers, right?

latest?cb=20130113050459
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • profundidob16_ESO
    profundidob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hurr da durrr durrrr let's make healers more useful by taking away a heal from Healing Ward, I mean, only Templars are meant to heal right? Screw Sorc healers and DK healers, right?

latest?cb=20130113050459

If anything this normalizes the standard intended healing combination of instant shield "healing ward" (or the other morph) to prevent 1-shot on next hit and then patch up with "healing springs", 2 healing skills available to all classes since it's in the "resto tree".

Not sure what your intention is but if you mean that this nerf to the classless "healing ward" affects all classes but the templar...err..no

• CavalryPK
    CavalryPK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The goal of Steadfast Ward and morphs is to protect low health targets while other sources of healing are restoring their health. The Healing Ward morph was too powerful because it was providing both a strong shield and healing to the target.
    THE CAVELRY HAS ARRIVED! Cav is a professional magblade, (in his not so professional opinion). He is immortal and is fighting for the Pact since 2E 572, amidst the turmoil of the Second Akaviri Invasion. He protects the provinces of Skyrim, Morrowind and Black Marsh.

Check out his PVP YouTube channel !

https://youtube.com/TheCavalryPK
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No need to worry about healing in PvP anyway if you choose light armour. Can't heal what is dead already.

Welcome to the world of Heavy Armour, 60k health, insane burst PvP. Wanna play a mage as a mage should be? ZOS says no. Zos says: go play stamblade or gtfo.

Next patch, all healing abilities will have a 45 minutes cast time and automatically hit you with 392 incap strikes
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_RobGarrett

I know there are some new people working on balancing the game but to be frank this patch is an absolute failure especially since many issues are left largely unaddressed while many playstyles (or just magicka spec in general) are rendered non-viable.

Snipe still exists in this game while magicka can't defend for !%#$

You buff magnum shot to be max range which is famous for a buggy CC while adding a new weapon that gives it a brutal bleed. (Bleeds are already a little bit too powerful might I add) Did I mention you can combo this CC with the CC from crouch all with a nasty snipe on top which means there will be a 7k unavoidable snipe in everyone's future.

Strife changes suck. Just make it cost less if you want to make the skill worth it.

PvE magblabe has been made to do more heavy attacks even further nerfing solo play in PvE and PvP while still FAILING to address the issue of them over-preforming in trials. DK Also had their sustain messed with while sorc got a pretty hefty sustain buff in PvE and PvP. Refreshing path (my favorite skill I have used since dark brotherhood) is now a healer only tool rather than a utility skill that could help fill both roles.

The Soldier of Anguish set is way to damn powerful and does not belong in this game at all. You want to funnel me into a zerg? Then you best fix your damn server's performance problems. If you manage that then you can force me into a zerg all you want.

tenor.gif?itemid=7193681
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CavalryPK wrote: »

k but where is my other healing??? Strife costs too much and path will be near useless for most people in PvP
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SirMewser wrote: »
    Ninja nerf to put the ability in line when using the new arena weapon which will prob have its stat bonus removed like they did with the Maelstrom and Master weapons.

No point in asking.
    Just play if you like the game still.
    Join the un-sub party

So they realised they did a massive design mistake again when making weapons, so the solution is to nerf.
    I'm not suprised anymore, just find it funny :D
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haha <3@ZOS_RobGarrett Beautiful :) I take it back what I said about the team not knowing the game they create. You need to have a lot of knowledge to screw all LA users so heavily :) These changes are not random, these changes are well aimed strikes into core defensive abilities of almost every LA build in PvP :)

I'd say to reroll stamina (I already have 4 stam toons) but nope, I'll just say goodbye, because even if you revert those changes you have lost my trust, each patch I wonder "will I be able to play my toon after? Is it the end already?". Yup I have enough of this. You have no idea what you (the team) want to achieve, you have no clear vision of how combat should look like in this game, each patch complete change of rules. Dear @ZOS it's almost five years since launch and now you completely remove shields from PvP? Because this is what you have done. I knew that this cycle cast time won't get reverted, but nerfing the last shield LA had wasn't the plan. No thank you, I'm done with you. You can have my stuff, but you won't have my money anymore. Laters!
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Dr.NRG
    Dr.NRG
    ✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    Whoa, this is NOT an ok change.

I disagree, its geat and long needed change. HW has been so annoying, especially when your are a vamp cause with undeath passive unless you get bursted to death when your at a low health pool you become way to hard to kill. It sometimes takes 4-10 executes on a high dmg build to take these HW spamming people out to a point where you are better off to just walk away to next target instead of trying to punch through that and wasting your resources.
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dr.NRG wrote: »

I disagree, its geat and long needed change. HW has been so annoying, especially when your are a vamp cause with undeath passive unless you get bursted to death when your at a low health pool you become way to hard to kill. It sometimes takes 4-10 executes on a high dmg build to take these HW spamming people out to a point where you are better off to just walk away to next target instead of trying to punch through that and wasting your resources.

Most executives are half the cost of healing ward tho. You will win that race.
  • polgarah
    polgarah
    ✭✭✭
    Since Zos has clearly gimped the ability of dps to survive purely by themselves by spamming shields I almost feel like there is now some sort of external support source necessary in order to succesfully overcome and complete group content. Maybe we can invent a new role that is specialized in patching people up and keeping dps and tanks alive. Let's call it 'healer' or something...

Healer isn't gonna help endgame through 1 shot mechanics.

exactly, that is why resistances and attributes such as health and stamina exist to to avoid 1shots and even completely avoid certain damage by dodgeroll. You know, all those things that no dps ever puts into his build ? This change makes them useful again. DPS will change their build to sacrifice a bit of dps for survivability to avoid 1 shots and the healer does the rest. DPS sees their health suddenly drop to 5% (but not 1shot !!) ? Healer responds with casting healing ward and then heals that dps up to full. That's how it was intended to be. And now also confirmed again by the devs themselves in today's PTS patch notes:

"
    Steadfast Ward
    Developer Comment:
    Spoiler

The goal of Steadfast Ward and morphs is to protect low health targets while other sources of healing are restoring their health. The Healing Ward morph was too powerful because it was providing both a strong shield and healing to the target."

That's exactly the point, steadfast ward just give you a few seconds in order to heal the player out of range. It wasn't a such burst heal ever, just a breath.

So, Who needs the blackrose resto staff now? They don't have any clue about what they're doing, nobody will want this staff anymore. Well done guys! you are sabotaging yourself!
    Edited by polgarah on September 24, 2018 6:10PM
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another terrible change.

I see the whole class rep PR move is working well...
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "The goal of Steadfast Ward and morphs is to protect low health targets while other sources of healing are restoring their health. The Healing Ward morph was too powerful because it was providing both a strong shield and healing to the target."

...but I don't have other sources of healing. Does ZOS think there's some third morph of Vigor that costs magicka? Or do they think I'm about to put two shields and three HOTs on my backbar when I can just respec to stam and get by with Vigor and Troll King alone in heavy armor?

Grand Overlord 25/8/17