RIP my beloved Sorc

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, we're confirming that just like Templars in Morrowind, no one will ever play a Sorcerer again after Murkmire? :trollface:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • aeowulf
    aeowulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZonasArch wrote: »
    I wonder if anyone ever actually left the game because of these changes. All I see is a bunch of whining with very little arguments.

Meta changes, builds changes, balance changes. Get. Over. It.

Adapt and survive.

A lot left with the Morrowind changes. I was the only survivor of my regular 4 man group from those. I also watched two guilds become unable to fill a trial team due to lost members.

Will people leave the game because of these changes? Only those that log in and can't be bothered to rebuild. I'm looking at my NB from a tank perspective and he's just lost use of Tava's. There's also the 'straw that broke the camels back' thing. Whilst I understand ESO needs to adapt these changes will never attract new people to the game, but they may make people stop. It's a very fine line and ZoS are showing bravery.

Options
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also Defensive Rune stuns after 1.2 seconds now. So when the gankee is likely dead already.
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
    Options
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    So, we're confirming that just like Templars in Morrowind, no one will ever play a Sorcerer again after Murkmire? :trollface:

People will play mag sorcerer. They will just be at a giant disadvantage. That's what being a dead class means to me.
    Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just like @SirAndy ... if I wanted to play with 7 impen and Fortified Brass to survive burst in noCP with no damage set because I need another sustain set, then I can play DK or Templar and not have the limitations. Sure, Sorc is still awesome for zergsurfing and killing in a Xv1. Whatever.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
    Options
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is terrible. Why did they add a cast time to shields? I don’t play Sorc anymore, but my Templar really needed that shield when doing pugs and soloing. Ugh, not what we asked for at all.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
    Options
  • Inklings
    Inklings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    igneous is still instant cast.....
    Options
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if the shield glyph just became bis for all heavy armour builds...

Worth revisiting those armour sets that proc shields?

All will be better than trying to cast hardened or harness, I guess.
    Edited by Biro123 on September 17, 2018 5:35PM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
    Options
  • WhipSmartMcoy
    WhipSmartMcoy
    ✭✭✭
    Please don't let the cast time for shields go live. Sorcs aren't the only ones who use shields and if crits will effect them now, light armor pvp builds are getting pooped on. All changes to shields are fine by me, but a cast time is too restricting

Damage shields aren't what's OP, healing ward is the culprit.
    Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shields made unusable in pvp without compensation and now, duration helps nothing in pvp. They are melted instantly. Why can't you let the crit changes play out ? Why must you take the path of the extreme again.
    Overload's third bar removed without reducing the amount of toggles.

I say this for the first time in 5 years, I am done with Sorcerer. Nothing is left, the class is now 100% dead for me. Absolutely nerfed to death with no compensation as always.
    Edited by Dracane on September 17, 2018 5:36PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

My debut album on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@Gleandra/videos
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inklings wrote: »
    Not any more. You drew attention to it.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kyne time with my new MNB 🤟🏼🤟🏼
    Options
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cast time on shields?

How are we meant to fit it in our trials?

Our DPS is inferior to others as is, now all we can do is to either be sitting ducks or be a group liability.

Also, you say you wanted to put shields in line with the general game abilities mechanics?

If it's true, why did you make shields able to be critted but NOT able to crit? The other abilities DO crit, why shields have to take the bad side but NOT the good side of critting?
    Edited by Vahrokh on September 17, 2018 5:39PM
    Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    Shields made unusable in pvp without compensation and now, duration helps nothing in pvp. They are melted instantly. Why can't you let the crit changes play out ? Why must you take the path of the extreme again.
    Overload's third bar removed without reducing the amount of toggles.

I say this for the first time in 5 years, I am done with Sorcerer. Nothing is left, the class is now 100% dead for me.

@Dracane

I mean, 15% cost reduction on pet casts. Like if that mattered. ZOS loves cast times apparently. But I can play Templar if I love cast times.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    Options
  • themdogesbite
    themdogesbite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel so bad for the class reps.. It must really suck putting in lots of effort providing feedback from the community and get completely ignored. Nice.
    :]
    Options
  • hollywood
    hollywood
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah , this is a bit too much. Keep the other changes , just remove the cast time and instead of increased duration reduce the severity of Battle Spirit in regards to shields. I think it's a fair compromise.
    Arkos Fortune - Kaor - Koras Fortune - Delaia - Leorio - Niota - Nyraele - Karos Fortune - Elara Fortune - Penélope - Frolics-in-the-swamp - Arynael - Sarovius - Eranyel
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Joy_Division is it ok if we throw a hissy fit now yeah? That we waited for the changes and have them be actually worse than anyone imagined?

I´m eagerly awaiting a reply.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

Options
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hm this nerf was a mountain, all we needed was a rock.

How about only giving shields a cast time of 0.5 sec if you already have a shield active? That way you atleast had a "oh ***" button, wich is needed for magsorcs in light armor.

PC EU
    PvP only
    Options
  • Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    Question..

I can't remember, but have a feeling that ele weapon doesn't work with overload... If so, wouldn't it make ele weapon completely useless with the new overload?

Just tested it on the PTS and it seems to be affected by Elemental Weapons now.

For those interested, you can also use Overload on your other bar and cast the ultimate on that bar without swapping back to deactivate Overload first. Found that bit very interesting.

Also, 33% reduced cost to Clannfear heals puts me in an even better position than I was during Homestead, so I'm super pumped about that.

The Dark Deal stam regen bypasses the blocking negation.

This is what the new frag proc art looks like: U3OL8Yv.png
    Edited by Alpheu5 on September 17, 2018 5:50PM
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
    Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
    Options
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Where those class reps at tho
    Options
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »

Ducking for cover, I'd guess.
    Options
  • Inklings
    Inklings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inklings wrote: »
    Not any more. You drew attention to it.

well in that case neither does healing ward, and thats the real issue in pvp.
    Options
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alpheu5 wrote: »
    Biro123 wrote: »
    Question..

I can't remember, but have a feeling that ele weapon doesn't work with overload... If so, wouldn't it make ele weapon completely useless with the new overload?

Just tested it on the PTS and it seems to be affected by Elemental Weapons now.

For those interested, you can also use Overload on your other bar and cast the ultimate on that bar without swapping back to deactivate Overload first. Found that bit very interesting.

interesting.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
    Options
  • antihero727
    antihero727
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Terrible. I can live with everything but the cast time. What an awful "fix".

I agree fully. Everything else was a fair trade off but that is a over the top cast time. Hope @ZOS_GinaBruno listens to the specs not the nb for sorc advice.
    Veldrn-AD Magica Sorc
    Bizarro Veldrn-AD Stam Sorc
    Antiherro-AD Stam DK
    Antihero-AD Magplar
    Aww Crit-AD Magblade
    AD Since PC beta
    On A lag free vacation
    for the near and far future
    Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »

Well @Hexys isn’t around much it seems and @NightbladeMechanics is running the Discord. Go figure.
    Options
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow that is a full nuke on mag sorc in pvp and they still have the most *** sustain in pve.
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
    Options
  • MehVahdJukaar
    MehVahdJukaar
    ✭✭✭
    Is this another morrowind patch note? I really hope the population drops
    Options
  • WhipSmartMcoy
    WhipSmartMcoy
    ✭✭✭
    Also adding a cast time to shields means you can interrupt it, right? Not good amigo
    Options
  • Methariorn
    Methariorn
    ✭✭✭
    Guess it's time to respec magicka sorc to stamina and join the spin2win bandwagon. ZOS *** what's the next class/build you are gonna destroy? Magicka Templar? Magicka or Stamina DK? The game got a tons of sets and five classes who should "technically" be able to play magicka or stamina with a decent degree of success. Sound like to me you are forcing pvp players to just roll some classes/build to be competitive sending belance to hell patch after patch. And btw don't even fix you crap netcode, improve that potato server, fix the tons of bugs that plague this game for years.
    Methariorn sorc EU server AD
    Acciughina NB EU server AD
    Aiacos Templar EU server AD
    Sevoltan DK EU server AD
    Options
  • KingExecration
    KingExecration
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’m glad I didn’t waste the money race changing my mag sorc mule to stam. Gonna start upgrading his bag space instead of mount stamina lmao
    Options