The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.4 maintenance and is currently unavailable.

RIP my beloved Sorc

• FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tannus15 wrote: »
    @Joy_Division Any tips on how we can demonstrate that the shield cast time is a terrible idea on the PTS in such a way that ZoS will actually take note?

Like, we all know it's a terrible idea and it'll gut sorcs of their primary defense, but how can I go about proving that other than failing to complete vMA?

I saw one muppet say everything is ok because Alcast completed the new trial on a Sorc. That's literally the logic. If you can complete content everything is fine.

How can I demonstrate that mag sorcs need shields and better sustain in their toolkit otherwise they are literally the worst option to take into any PvE situation?

@Tannus15

I don't know. I wish I could tell people what they want to hear, but they are frustrated and I don't blame them. People could throw a hissy fit and rage, while I think that might make a statement powerful enough to get ZOS to revert the cast-time on shields, I doubt it would do anything more than that. Even if the cast-time goes away on a shield, I don;t think sorcerers are powerful and fun to play so I'm not sure that's the best route to go.

I would agree with people who claim there is an unreasonable anti-sorcerer bias that exists on these threads whose influence is too strong. The class Rep program I think was intended to mitigate that, and although none of reps even hinted at this or any other nerf for sorcs, unfortunately that has not happened.

I've been on the PTS and I've done vMA on my sorcerer and I've tried it. The skill is only useful when you have a window when not threatened. I tried using it as main form of defense and once the rounds got difficult, it became apparent that healing ward was the skill that ought to be used instead. I did duel a few times just to see how bad it was and it's bad.

I'd like to believe that intelligent argument works on people who are not committed ideologues, but I do understand @Derra 's frustration. I have read his posts for years and he had always made insightful commentary (so much so I nominated him for the rep position), yet here we are.

The reason I hold a flicker of hope is because there are changes in the patch I like, and I think they did a solid job with templars, a class I and other templars have been frustrated *for years*. So ZOS is capable of learning and making good changes, they need to be convinced why sorcs are in a bad spot and while I think throwing a hissy fit will communicate the frustration, it does not do anything to get actual meaningful changes and improvements. For Update 20, I'm gonna still go with intelligent argument. If update 20 launches and we're still in the same position, I'm probably going to stop wasting my time.

Well, the long-running constructive feedback is to eliminate the requirement of double-barring pets. That's even more important with the crutch of the Overload bar being removed. More skills to cast = more fun, and also adds power. A pet sorcerer build starts:
    • 2x Familiar
    • 2x Twilight
    • Daedric Prey
    • Elemental Blockade
    • Liquid Lightning
    • A shield (may be 2 shields now -- one to be instant and one to shield the pets)
    • Critical Surge, the main "ticking heal" for the class?
    • Lightning Form, given the Shield changes?

That's 7-11 skills already, depending on where in the 0-4 range the defensive choices come out, and hence leaves somewhere between 3 and -1 skill slots for:
    • An execute (Wrath/Fury)
    • Another DoT (Clench/Touch)
    • A spammable
    • Frags
    • Resource return skills (Dark Conversion/Meditate)
    • Passive buff skills (Inner Light, Bound Armor, etc.).
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on September 21, 2018 5:58AM
    Options
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sergykid wrote: »

sorry but i solo any non-dlc vet on a stamplar.

Blackheart Haven? Fungal Grotto 2? Direfrost Keep? Wayest Sewers 2?

Impressive!!
    Options
  • KBKB
    KBKB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KBKB wrote: »
    @Doctordarkspawn

Are you mates with all the reps? or think you are? that's the vibe I'm getting or you haven't worked full time because you sound like you don't agree with consequences or support lack there of through not completing your role. Regardless how did it get to this point where these nerfs (overwhelmingly for sorc and LA) are pushing through with dmg buffs to NB going through? Who gave them this terrible info in the first place and no real solutions to work with so they gave it to the uni kid who has never played ESO to balance. I'm guessing the reps cause i know 99% of the community has no conduit into ZOS.

No, he's just someone who has paid attention.

You don't have a clue if you can;t figure out it was the devs who came up with the idea to put the cast-time on the shields shields. One of them even posted herehttps://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5469409/#Comment_5469409, with their reasoning. That;s a pretty hard stance with conviction. So why don;t you take your internet tough guy routine and direct it there?

@Joy_Division

So you guys take the credit when things are good but run scared when they aren't and deflect the blame. All I'm really seeing here tbh.
    Options
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sergykid wrote: »
    stop whining all of u sorcs. When we came to complain about sorcs all of u jumped "LeaRn tO pLay Git gUd" and to take shield breaker or something. For all of us who didn't use either shields or evasion, this looks like a good balancing. Stop looking from the perspective of ur own class and look at the gameplay overall. There's been reasons for this change to happen, try to see the reason and not be carried by ur class anymore. Btw, not only sorc is affected. Magnbs also use absorb shields, light armor magplars also.

They did look it from the perspective of other classes. That's why they told you to L2P if u still had trouble with shields.

Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZonasArch wrote: »
    SirMewser wrote: »
    ZonasArch wrote: »
    I wonder if anyone ever actually left the game because of these changes. All I see is a bunch of whining with very little arguments.

Meta changes, builds changes, balance changes. Get. Over. It.

Adapt and survive.

PTS is the Public Test Server.
    Expecting people to "adapt" during a test phase is counterproductive, I don't even understand why any sane person wouldn't comprehend this.

Don't expect many arguments about changes when the PTS wasn't even up for a day as of the time you've posted. People were mostly talking about the patch notes, which I don't think is something you can take away from them discussing. Besides as if you thought there was enough time for testing as of then or now. :D

Aside from your idiotic reality check statement because people are alarmed, people can and will be responsive to change because they are the ones who invest into the company. If you don't like that, get over it. People are still going to give a damn regardless if you like it or not. You really don't outweigh their thoughts, only a selfish/delusional person would think otherwise.

Exactly because it's so soon, people shouldn't be "rip sorc" or "quitting" and instead, they should be out, as you said, testing! That's what I have been doing. You can either test changes and complain, or stay quiet and wait. These people whining are not testing, there was time for that yet, but they are already crying "rip sorc".

Give it a few more days, we'll have alcast come up with some new build(himself having joined the crying side of things, but at least he had arguments and was testing) and things will start to look good again because that's how metamimics work. They don't know *** about the game, they have zero creativity and that's why these changes hurt them, because they can't adapt by themselves.

And here's hoping that people learn to open pts first before pitchforks are out LITERALLY 5 minutes after natch potes came out. 5 damn minutes. And in under 30 there were floods of posts, yet I'm sure in 30 minutes no one had even open the server yet.

So yeah... Whining without tests and arguments, that's what I'm still seeing around. Except maybe on the official feedback thread, but not everywhere else.

Have a good day :)

Unlike people like you I have been playing the class as main character since launch. As in 4 1/2 years. I know when I see a change that sucks the fun out of it. I know when I see a change that is neither very well thought out nor needed. And I know from following PTS for the last three years how things will go.

But guess what, I did hop on the PTS. And that cast time - whether you can interrupt it or not - is atrocious. I don’t care that shields may be stronger in PvE in the end result because mobs neither penetrate nor crit. The shields I had were sufficient.

What I care about is that a 1 sec cast time for your main form of defense is totally unacceptable. It’s quite telling ZOS initially thought that having the shields interruptible was a good idea, and they backpedaled on it announcing that change for PTS 2.

I mean, someone must have thought, hey, 1 sec cast time, can be interrupted with the stun following the interrupt, and critical strikes possible - sounds like a fun idea. They are so detached from what PvP actually is that not having a grasp on the environment is the only excuse for coming up with something like this.

And in the very same PTS Nightblades get PvP buffs (Mark reduced to 5 seconds, building 2 stacks for Grim Focus with 1 Heavy Attack) and StamWarden is still as ridiculous as it ever was.

I mean, seriously. Even magTemplar looks promising once again.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
    Options
  • Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcs are just fine now on pts. Balanced i will surely play more.
    Options
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stibbons wrote: »

Sorcs are not fine. They suck. I dont even understand how they could nerf them even more. They sucked before the nerf too.
    Im making a last ditch effort to try to find magicka fun by leveling a magblade. If the 1 sec cast time on harness ruins her then im throwing all magicka classes in the trash heap where they belong and will continue to play with stamblade and continue to level up my stamwarden, and maybe even start a stamplar if I can find the time.
    Options
  • killimandrosb16_ESO
    killimandrosb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stibbons wrote: »

Sorcs are not fine. They suck. I dont even understand how they could nerf them even more. They sucked before the nerf too.
    Im making a last ditch effort to try to find magicka fun by leveling a magblade. If the 1 sec cast time on harness ruins her then im throwing all magicka classes in the trash heap where they belong and will continue to play with stamblade and continue to level up my stamwarden, and maybe even start a stamplar if I can find the time.

Hes just trolling. Hes said the same thing in various discussions. Exact same words. He is floating his boat by all the replies.
    Options
  • mikemacon
    mikemacon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    I really love how they add a bit of salt to the fresh wound:
    It now reduces the effectiveness of snares applied to you by 1/2/4% per piece of Light Armor worn, and reduces the cost of Sprint by 1/2/3% per piece of Light Armor worn.
    Developer Comment:
    Spoiler
    All these changes are aimed at making Light Armor more attractive to Magicka users in both PvE and PvP scenarios.

Quite attractive. Oh yeah.

Seriously.

It's as if they forgot how words work.

Because GIVING SHIELDS A CAST TIME, given that shields are the primary means of defense for a light armor wearer, does anything BUT make wearing light armor "more attractive".

Basically, my magsorc will now be forced to wear heavy Seducers with cost decrease enchants in PVP - which means my mag pool and sustain will take an even more massive hit.

Good job, intern at Zenimax who thought this was a good idea... good job.
    Options
  • anatole1234
    anatole1234
    ✭✭✭
    Wear heavy and Slot Twilight matriarch for BoL healing.

BOOM!

Sorcerer has been revived
    Options
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wear heavy and Slot Twilight matriarch for BoL healing.

BOOM!

Sorcerer has been revived

BOOM.

Pet has been one-shotted, closely followed by sorc. Do you know what keeps pets alive?

Ill tell you. Shields!

This is the huge irony. Heals are needed to get away from shields.. But to have those heal when you need em, you need shields...

Try again.
    Edited by Biro123 on September 21, 2018 7:07PM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
    Options
  • Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Doctordarkspawn

Are you mates with all the reps? or think you are? that's the vibe I'm getting or you haven't worked full time because you sound like you don't agree with consequences or support lack there of through not completing your role. Regardless how did it get to this point where these nerfs (overwhelmingly for sorc and LA) are pushing through with dmg buffs to NB going through? Who gave them this terrible info in the first place and no real solutions to work with so they gave it to the uni kid who has never played ESO to balance. I'm guessing the reps cause i know 99% of the community has no conduit into ZOS.

You don't have a clue if you can;t figure out it was the devs who came up with the idea to put the cast-time on the shields shields. One of them even posted herehttps://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5469409/#Comment_5469409, with their reasoning. That;s a pretty hard stance with conviction. So why don;t you take your internet tough guy routine and direct it there?

@Joy_Division

So you guys take the credit when things are good but run scared when they aren't and deflect the blame. All I'm really seeing here tbh.

I'm surprised you see anything as blinded by rage you are.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway
    Options
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sevn wrote: »
    @Doctordarkspawn

@Joy_Division

I'm surprised you see anything as blinded by rage you are.

Remember people, the reps like @Joy_Division are just unpaid interns. The mail guy at ZOS has more dev access.

Think of the reps as unpaid and unappreciated secretaries that take feedback from a passionate and mostly angry playerbase, then distill that toxic brew into something the devs can read.

All they get is a secret little discord where the devs occasionally make a cryptic post, the devs don't share intentions or patch notes with the reps. They don't communicate with the reps much outside of a few veey short meetings where our feedback is shared. Reps don't get any other special privileges, and have no idea what's going into the patch notes.

So... You might want to cut these guys a break. Or pay them money to listen to your abuse, but they shouldn't have to do that for free.
    Options
  • Cronopoly
    Cronopoly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm calling it NGE right now for the Sorc Class. Those of you that played SWG know what I'm talking about. I think the tears will be justified should this go live..
    Payourrespects.png
    Edited by Cronopoly on September 21, 2018 9:09PM
    Options
  • PickleRick
    PickleRick
    ✭✭✭
    @Feanor he can still craft and gather materials, don’t be such a baby
    Come on, flip the pickle, Morty, you're not gonna regret it. The payoff is huge. I turned myself into a pickle, Morty! Boom! Big reveal! I'm a pickle! What do you think about that? I turned myself into a pickle! W-w-what are you just staring at me for, bro, I turned myself into a pickle, Morty.
    Options
  • OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Doctordarkspawn

@Joy_Division

You uh... you seem to believe that Class Reps have any power. Your job analogy would be apt... if they had any power. But they don't. They literally have NO authority. The only thing they have going for them is that ZoS has designated them as points of contact for communication. They can tell ZOS what the community thinks.... and that's it.

This is like screaming at a cashier in a grocery store for the company's decision to raise prices. Except worse, because at least the cashier would A.) be getting paid for their time spent listening to your abuse and B.) might actually be empowered by their employers to offer a token discount or something as a courtesy. Class Reps have neither of those things.

Also, I have literally never seen class reps take credit for things going good. If you can provide evidence of that, great, but I'll believe it when I see it. On the other hand, I've seen plenty of people like you give them grief when things go poorly, despite that being completely outside of their control.
    Edited by OrdoHermetica on September 22, 2018 5:02AM
    Options
  • karpok
    karpok
    ✭✭✭
    Well I am not against change either. But too brutal change may not be the solution.
    I remember Morrowind time when many players left the game because of the complete gameplay change. And this is exactly what may happen here again with this shield nef. And not only for Sorc.

Now if we get back to sorc balance. There are definitely things to do. But I don't see real improvements :
    • Where is sorc class spammable spell ? NB as Strife, Templar jabs, DK whip, Warden dive, Sorc ?
    • One third of our class ability have a cast time. Not sure any other class can compete
    • MagSorc sustain is awful if you don't play pet. Other classes as sustain buffs.
    • If you play pet for easier sustain, you have to double-slot them, so less opportunity for spell diversity
    • Pets are useless in many high-end content fight. Just replacing them for that fight by an other spell like an other class could do ? Not so easy as it's changing your whole gameplay and stuff

So there may be an issue with stamsorc in pvp. But there is also many issues with magsorc in pve. I fear we will end up with a completely useless/abandoned dd class as it happens with the magDK a month ago.
    ZoS is longing for character diversity. But what I see coming is hordes of cloned NB army in the coming future.
    --
    Soumar, Aldmeri Sorcer
    Options
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Overload 3rd bar gone but no real ultimate rework instead (oh we can weave OL attacks now, wohoo, looking forward to how clunky that will be), shields have 1 sec cast time now, and can be crit (oh, my light Armour resistances count too now, great! Gonna need Fortifying Brass and 7 impen now) and Conversion is a trash siphoning strikes now.

GG. Well done ZOS.

GG they balanced the class. 80% of the population wanted crit and resistances for shields expect the people who knew how op that mitigation really was. now if your a 100% glass cannon your gonna feel it.

only change that is bogus is the cast-time... and saying dark deal is trash is hyperbole.

wait till you see the heavy health recovery mag sorcs who cant die.....

Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on September 23, 2018 12:31AM
    PS4 NA DC
    Options
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overload 3rd bar gone but no real ultimate rework instead (oh we can weave OL attacks now, wohoo, looking forward to how clunky that will be), shields have 1 sec cast time now, and can be crit (oh, my light Armour resistances count too now, great! Gonna need Fortifying Brass and 7 impen now) and Conversion is a trash siphoning strikes now.

GG. Well done ZOS.

GG they balanced the class. 80% of the population wanted crit and resistances for shields expect the people who knew how op that mitigation really was. now if your a 100% glass cannon your gonna feel it.

only change that is bogus is the cast-time... and saying dark deal is trash is hyperbole.

Funny i favour stamina, yet mag sorc in live sucks.

I've never died to a mag sorc 1v1 open world, they don't have enough burst and it's easy to pressure them and time mine.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
    Options
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

GG. Well done ZOS.

The problem is, though, that they can't do damage either..
    Sorcs forced to become tanks? Do you think they'll really be able to do it better than DK?
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Options
  • Currygaminginc
    Currygaminginc
    ✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »

GG. Well done ZOS.

Sorcs forced to become tanks? Do you think they'll really be able to do it better than DK?

I guess we saw it coming with the Ice Staff becoming a blocking weapon that Sorcs would go that route. But, seriously in all honesty I wouldn't trade an Imperial DK Health build Tank for anything.
    Options
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

GG. Well done ZOS.

Spot on summary there
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
    Options
  • pattyLtd
    pattyLtd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The class reps are our only hope because hopefull they are really willing to listen to them and If the ones that make the final decisions refuse to listen to them then that theres nothing they can do about it.
    Blaming the class reps is extremely unreasonable.

They keep non stop removing unconstructive posts which i can understand to some point but the sheer amount of them is also in a way constructive. It’s a bad change if such a large of the fraction that actually uses the forum is so emotional and frustrated that almost every post ends up angry.

@Joy_Division is right that the rage responses dont help but im upset for the fear of having no more fun on the class / playstyle i loved most. I have several toons of all classes but i love my sorcs most not because they stronger i just enjoy that playstyle, my english is sadly not good enough to explain better. Sorry.

We just have to brace for impact and see if we survive.
    They did good things for templars and im happy for that but they havent learned much of that fiasco if they now do it for sorcs. I just wanna have fun yo!
    English is not my native language, no grammar police please, tyvm
    Options
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh i totally concur, this is 100% NOT the class reps fault. No blame should land their.

First of all they are volunteers, and have all but a huge amount of work into this. Second there have been some productive suggestions and conversations in the program, which have been relay, however ZOS have decided to change things that don't come up and in ways that reps weren't consulted. All the fury on wards could have been on discord if ZOS managed the change via the program.

Right now continuing to suggest fixes is pointless, however keeping pressure up is worth while - after all the years of moaning about wards is clearly why ZOS have bent a knee and decided to gut that whole system.

But not directed at class reps, as they are helping us - its not their fault if their hands are tied.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
    Options
  • MrGraves
    MrGraves
    ✭✭✭✭

GG. Well done ZOS.

Eh, My sorc was a tank but seeing as the defensive abilities are p much unusable.... Prolly going dps lol
    Options
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    MrGraves wrote: »

GG. Well done ZOS.

Eh, My sorc was a tank but seeing as the defensive abilities are p much unusable.... Prolly going dps lol

I'm looking more from a PvP perspective, where all builds NEED some minimum level of survivability and sustain. To get that baseline now for sorc' means losing a ton of damage.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Options
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ Feanor

Are you going to make a sorc funeral video?

GG. Well done ZOS.

I'm looking more from a PvP perspective, where all builds NEED some minimum level of survivability and sustain. To get that baseline now for sorc' means losing a ton of damage.

It's not just sorc...all mag chars will lose damage, and considering the LA builds out there, anyone using light armor on live will be shafted hard. ZOS doesn't understand that the higher cost of all mag skills in the game means that mag builds have to find a way to sustain, and with the shield changes, mag builds will now have to find a way to get resistances into the builds. These two things will come at the cost of health, stamina, max magicka, and spell damage, lowering the overall damage of anyone in light. At the same time, damage is being increased for all other builds AND survivability. The changes make little to no sense except to kill LA.
    Options
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »
    @ Feanor

Are you going to make a sorc funeral video?

GG. Well done ZOS.

It's not just sorc...all mag chars will lose damage, and considering the LA builds out there, anyone using light armor on live will be shafted hard. ZOS doesn't understand that the higher cost of all mag skills in the game means that mag builds have to find a way to sustain, and with the shield changes, mag builds will now have to find a way to get resistances into the builds. These two things will come at the cost of health, stamina, max magicka, and spell damage, lowering the overall damage of anyone in light. At the same time, damage is being increased for all other builds AND survivability. The changes make little to no sense except to kill LA.

Exactly. Yet they said they wanted to make light and medium more attractive.. lol
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Options
  • Aldul
    Aldul
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_JesC wrote: »
    Greetings, we've removed a few nonconstructive and baiting comments. This is a reminder to keep your posts in line with the forum rules. Comments that are in violation, will result in account actions. Posts need to remain civil and constructive, otherwise, you may jeopardize your account. Thank you for your understanding.

Do civil and constructive balancing changes instead of this customer-jeopardizing ***. I'm out and I won't be back. Nevermind, ZOS. You screwed up, I don't have to pay you. But I did. 4 years and more sub. :(
    - - PVP -only, sorc-only - AD Veteran - -
    - CULTURES Social Guild (EU) -
    Options
  • mojomood
    mojomood
    ✭✭✭
    TBH, there was previously only one way to play magSorc in PvP because it was so much better than any other option. Taking a page out of the Magplar/MagDK book with Shields.

Valkyn
    Heavy Impreg
    Necro
    Destro/Resto
    Pet Sorc

Using encase, rune, curse, OP pre-execute, and reach.

8k Shields with minimal crit damage, high resistance, dots, burst, and tankiness. The problem will be healing, especially with the ninja nerf to healing ward...no initial healing.

Sadly, more moving towards the heavy armor meta or ball groups for survival. That feels bad.
    Options