The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crown Crate Gifting ----- We have a Problem

wolfie1.0.
wolfie1.0.
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
So I was given a challenge and i am passing it along to you all. How do you the amount of crown crates in a received gift, without claiming it?

12222_Capture.png

based on this image you cant tell if this is one crate, 4 crates, or a pack of 15 crates. After you have gifted the item you have no way to verify the amount without accepting the gift. and if you accept you cant return the item and also have trouble showing what you actually received. @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom please put a number indicator or show the breakdown of bundled items that are gifted from the crown store. this will go a long way to settle player disputes.
  • Mattock_Romulus
    Mattock_Romulus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah. I see the problem. Here is the solution. Please, everyone gift me some crown crates and I will report back to you with my results. For science.
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah. I see the problem. Here is the solution. Please, everyone gift me some crown crates and I will report back to you with my results. For science.

Lol thanks, but i did that already....
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Crown Store listings are Wild Hunt Crate, Wild Hunt Crate (4), and Wild Hunt Crate (15).

So yes, I would expect the interface to use those three designations as item IDs and would think that "Wild Hunt Crate" represented a single crate as a gift. I've already chewed through the current seasons so I don't have a lot of motivation to test it, but I absolutely agree that (4) and (15) should be added to the ID if there are in fact 4 and 15 crates gifted, respectively.
    signing off
  • acsquared
    acsquared
    ✭✭✭
    they're called different things in the crown store. Vault and whatnot. This LOOKS like a single crate but it's actually a 15 pack
    I run The Auction House, The Silk Road, Insert Guild Name Here and RawlMart. Because why not.
  • Chimaera84
    Chimaera84
    Soul Shriven
    It seems strange to me that there isn't a counter for them on the icon. Even in the gift tracker screen there's no actual way to know if you sent someone 1, 4, or 15... For people who gift as streamers or people who send out gifts as rewards for guild events, this opens up a lot of potential for fraud/drama.
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    acsquared wrote: »
    they're called different things in the crown store. Vault and whatnot. This LOOKS like a single crate but it's actually a 15 pack

Edit: exactly
    Edited by wolfie1.0. on September 13, 2018 5:02AM
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    how about just getting crates as gift from friends (if u have them) instead of buying them for ingame gold. problem solved.

Get Stuff like this (but not this stuff)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"I have too admit. People leading trade guilds in this game are quite stupid. Not stupid like fools, but stupid like leaders.
    They can only bla-bla and waste gold on feeding their ego. I am disappointed."

Egal, wie gut du Schach spielst, die Taube wird alle Figuren umwerfen, auf das Brett kacken und herumstolzieren, als hätte sie gewonnen.

Arkadius Trade Tools
    Modular framework, now open for authors who want to add own tabs.

My Donation (Arkadius' Trade Tools Addon)
    First external ATT tab contribution.

Port to Friend's House Addon
    Check out the new Port to Friend's House library and port to contributers houses:
    Deutsch | English

• wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    how about just getting crates as gift from friends (if u have them) instead of buying them for ingame gold. problem solved.

Friends sometimes want to be compensated for gifting crown items. Also I would like to have friends after as well. This is a reasonable request to help resolve player disputes and maintain friendships
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There should absolutely be a quantity listed. It's a massive oversight that will hopefully be fixed soon.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this is the reason for our current unscheduled maintenance, then I’m pretty annoyed. You can’t participate in ZOS-sanctioned gold selling (i.e. receiving “gifted” Crown crates in exchange gold), so I don’t get to play on my day off? Nice.
  • acsquared
    acsquared
    ✭✭✭
    Aurielle wrote: »
    If this is the reason for our current unscheduled maintenance, then I’m pretty annoyed. You can’t participate in ZOS-sanctioned gold selling (i.e. receiving “gifted” Crown crates in exchange gold), so I don’t get to play on my day off? Nice.

Yes, the server has definitely been down all day and is never coming back ...

oh, wait
    I run The Auction House, The Silk Road, Insert Guild Name Here and RawlMart. Because why not.
  • acsquared
    acsquared
    ✭✭✭
    Fischblut wrote: »
    It always bothered me too :/ A proper number next to a crate would be great. I hope they disabled gifting exactly to fix this problem and will enable it again very soon :'(https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/435120/

Let's hope they fixed it, looks like it's back up now
    Edited by acsquared on September 14, 2018 6:38PM
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

oh, wait

Have you stopped to think for a second that maybe people have other commitments besides playing the game, and that three hours of downtime cuts into all their available game time for the day?

Anyway.

• WeerW3ir
    WeerW3ir
    ✭✭✭✭✭

For Science. you monster :*
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

oh, wait

Have you stopped to think for a second that maybe people have other commitments besides playing the game, and that three hours of downtime cuts into all their available game time for the day?

Anyway.

Have you stopped to think that 1) i did not necessarily insist on an immediate fix, and 2) this was not the reason for the downtime? All things considered ZOS has been a LOT better in recent months about not bringing servers down. If they had to bring it down it was for good reason. Considering that the issue i posted here is still present, we can assume that something much worse was going on that they had to look into...

Regarding the crown selling have i sold crowns? yes, and you want to know the most common item i have sold? DLC's to people that can't afford a sub, and otherwise wouldn't get the DLCs. but now they can. ZOS gets their money and i get a bit of gold. Its no different that people selling trial runs or Power Levels. and I know the next argument is gonna be that Crowns are gotten from RL money.... So what? so is your subscription and all of the perks it includes. I would make an argument that the craft bag alone is MORE game breaking than me selling a few DLCs or cosmetic items as not having a craft bag is a real handicap.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

oh, wait

Anyway.

Have you stopped to think that 1) i did not necessarily insist on an immediate fix, and 2) this was not the reason for the downtime? All things considered ZOS has been a LOT better in recent months about not bringing servers down. If they had to bring it down it was for good reason. Considering that the issue i posted here is still present, we can assume that something much worse was going on that they had to look into...

Regarding the crown selling have i sold crowns? yes, and you want to know the most common item i have sold? DLC's to people that can't afford a sub, and otherwise wouldn't get the DLCs. but now they can. ZOS gets their money and i get a bit of gold. Its no different that people selling trial runs or Power Levels. and I know the next argument is gonna be that Crowns are gotten from RL money.... So what? so is your subscription and all of the perks it includes. I would make an argument that the craft bag alone is MORE game breaking than me selling a few DLCs or cosmetic items as not having a craft bag is a real handicap.

ESO plus costs $15/month. If someone can’t afford $15/month, he/she possibly shouldn’t be playing a video game. Justify it any way you want — you’re still participating in gold selling if you exchange DLCs for gold using real money.
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

oh, wait

Anyway.

ESO plus costs $15/month. If someone can’t afford $15/month, he/she possibly shouldn’t be playing a video game. Justify it any way you want — you’re still participating in gold selling if you exchange DLCs for gold using real money.

You are entitled to your opinion, so lets agree to disagree here. if I am in violation of any TOS or EULA ZOS will let me know.