The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Fake tanks

MooseKnuckles88
MooseKnuckles88
✭✭✭✭
I pug up about +90% of the time when I run dungeons and out of that I would say I'm experiencing 1 out 3 that include fake tanks queued in. Some even admit to being a fake tank at the start or mid run. I usually don't care until the entire group starts to expect me to lead the charge the whole way. I only have 16.5k health, but I can only take a beating so much and at that point it gets annoying. How often do you experience the fake tanks in your queues?
  • Salvas_Aren
    Salvas_Aren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    100% of my time in normals. :smiley:

0% in vets.
  • Thannazzar
    Thannazzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Add them to your ignore list before you vote kick. 12 months of that policy and I see 1 fake tank in about 50 pugs.
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thannazzar wrote: »
    Add them to your ignore list before you vote kick. 12 months of that policy and I see 1 fake tank in about 50 pugs.

GF won't put you with people on your ignore list?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably about 50% of the time I queue for a normal dungeon on my healer.

Its annoying, because I have several tank characters and if I wanted to deal with boss aggro I would have queued up on one of them.

Seriously, all I ask is that you slot a taunt and hold boss aggro.
    Edited by VaranisArano on August 30, 2018 5:49PM
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kanar wrote: »

GF won't put you with people on your ignore list?

@Kanar I think @Thannazzar is wrong... I did a random dungeon recently and at the start I wrote in the text chat that I was lf a certain set piece. At the end, dps1 said "hey dps2 give that to weedgenius" but I never saw dps2 link anything in the chat. Then, dps2 tried to initiate a trade with me and I automatically declined it. I tried to trade with him and I got an error message "you cannot perform this action." Then I realized that he was on my block list. It actually kinda blew my mind that GF would pair me with someone I had blocked.
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • Lasinagol
    Lasinagol
    ✭✭✭
    I see less fake tanks then I do fake dps...it isn't hard to tank in light or medium armor on Normal...if you know what you are doing. The one role que limit hasn't helped...made it more difficult to recognise is all.
    Altmer Supremist, filthy spell slinger since Nerevar was assasinated
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    why do you need a tank or a healer in normal dungeon?
  • Lasinagol
    Lasinagol
    ✭✭✭
    A tank keeps the boss still and in the aoe's as well as debuff the boss while not dying. The healer keeps everyone alive, because it is nice to not worry about shields or staying alive. While some dungeons can be completed with only two people doing dps (my brother and I have duo'd almost every dungeon) a fake que makes it difficult for people who have grinded and specced their toon for GROUP content. Like, for instance, when I tank a dungeon with my tank that has max resist and 40k hp my tank can't kill anything and his magicka and stamina are used for add control. Basicly, my tank needs some form of healer, not a dps with a twilight that only heals when they are in trouble. Specced for group content...means the group should be what they que for.
    Altmer Supremist, filthy spell slinger since Nerevar was assasinated
  • Guppet
    Guppet
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In DLC they are very much advisable even on normal.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd like to second everything that Lasinagol said.

But also, when I'm on my healer in normal dungeons, there are often new players or completely utterly squishy DDs in the party. Sometimes the fake tank is the completely squishy one. Those players inevitably need more attention from the healer and it makes my job a lot harder when I have a super squishy player AND I have to deal with boss aggro because there's a fake tank who's refusing to hold aggro. Sure my healer can handle the boss since I know the boss mechanics from when I tank, but its really annoying to be forced to do so in addition to my the job I actually queued for because the fake tank cant be bothered.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And then there are those who complain you're a fake when you don't taunt the final boss in Darkshade II.

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »
    And then there are those who complain you're a fake when you don't taunt the final boss in Darkshade II.

Heh, yeah, theres a few annoying boss fights like that. On Darkshade 1 even, I had a DD get chased by the red phase centurion screaming "TANK!!!" And I had to go "He's untauntable when red, just run or stand in the heals."

But the thing is, I main a tank. So I know the difference between the untauntable fights and a tank who isn't taunting or hold boss aggro so that my healer has aggro.
  • MooseKnuckles88
    MooseKnuckles88
    ✭✭✭✭

I wouldn't say that a tank/healer is always needed, but what would have been a 10 to 20 min dungeon speed run becomes a +35 min dungeon on normal since there's no taunt, interrupt, or aggro on the boss. Everyone is scattering around like roaches making things difficult for a healer. Me personally I bring my own self heals, so I generally don't have to worry too much about heals but I can't dps very well if I'm constantly shielding up, self healing, and dodge rolling from the boss and other ads.

Generally speaking, it's not a problem.This is certainly not an all the time occurrence, but in certain dungeons it gets old/annoying. Sometimes I quit group and will suffer the cool down rather than grind a normal dungeon for sake of saying I did it.
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But also, when I'm on my healer in normal dungeons, there are often new players or completely utterly squishy DDs in the party. Sometimes the fake tank is the completely squishy one. Those players inevitably need more attention from the healer and it makes my job a lot harder when I have a super squishy player AND I have to deal with boss aggro because there's a fake tank who's refusing to hold aggro. Sure my healer can handle the boss since I know the boss mechanics from when I tank, but its really annoying to be forced to do so in addition to my the job I actually queued for because the fake tank cant be bothered.

healer is not needed in dungeons at all. even vet dlc its better to do with warden healbot and three dds as for me. in normal you are just wasting your time when you trying to support fake dds and tanks. what for? they are pretty useless. its better to deal good damage to the boss.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

healer is not needed in dungeons at all. even vet dlc its better to do with warden healbot and three dds as for me. in normal you are just wasting your time when you trying to support fake dds and tanks. what for? they are pretty useless. its better to deal good damage to the boss.

I'm trying to keep them alive in between doing damage to the boss. Its when I have to do damage, keep them alive, AND TANK, that I get annoyed.

And strangely enough, I do think that healers ought to keep their group members alive, barring gross stupidity. Particularly since normal dungeons often see a lot of new or low level players who often need help as they learn to run normal dungeons.
    Edited by VaranisArano on August 30, 2018 8:10PM
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm trying to keep them alive in between doing damage to the boss.

its better to kill the boss faster to ease their life
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I pug up about +90% of the time when I run dungeons and out of that I would say I'm experiencing 1 out 3 that include fake tanks queued in. Some even admit to being a fake tank at the start or mid run. I usually don't care until the entire group starts to expect me to lead the charge the whole way. I only have 16.5k health, but I can only take a beating so much and at that point it gets annoying. How often do you experience the fake tanks in your queues?

Please queue as Tank to avoid fake tanks!
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    And strangely enough, I do think that healers ought to keep their group members alive...

SUNCIhE.gif
    ur prolly one of those healers that slots a buncha skills that don't even do any damage to the boss
    :p<3
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rather a fake tank than a fake dd which wont get *** done.
  • Betty_Booms
    Betty_Booms
    ✭✭✭
    I slap my necro set on with a pet build rolling a bit extra stam and slot undaunted taunt. Have about 20k health and big mother shields.

It aint hard to tank norms. Non dlc i dont even bother doing this as i can solo them.
    And i do more damage then most dds while fake tanking.

Just an l2interupt and avoid mechanics thing really at this level.
    Vet dungeons are a dif story.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm trying to keep them alive in between doing damage to the boss.

its better to kill the boss faster to ease their life

I'm sure my random groupmates will appreciate my amazing DPS on the boss while they lie dead on the dungeon floor so much so that they won't complain at all that I didn't heal them despite queuing as the healer.
  • Jinchuu
    Jinchuu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nothing beats the group I got last night, Spindleclutch 2 normal to get the skillpoint I had missed. The first room of trash takes over a minute to get cleared so since I'm not a fan of taking forever to finish a dungeon I decide to take a gander at my teammates; tank is a DK with a Bow and Resto staff with no taunt slotted, one dps is a Bow/DW NB who never swapped to DW and the other dps is a magblade who somehow did virtually no damage. About 10 minutes go by and we still haven't made much progress since not only did they have pitiful damage output their survivability wasn't any better.

Then they showed just how brilliant they were by accusing me of being a bad healer because two of them died while I had over 20 adds trying their best to murder me, the best part of it all was when the DK tried to claim he was doing more healing than me (guy must be mainling skooma if he thinks he gets anywhere near the leveling of healing my warden outputs). So I said fine then heal for the next fight, they're all dead within 3 seconds then get to watch me slowly whittle the mobs down with Blockade and Refreshing Path while typing to reply to their foolishness the entire time. I just up and left after that since there's no point wasting my time with players who are complete and utter garbage and are so ignorant that they don't even realize it.
    Unless you are willing to be a mindless sycophant and/or coddle others due to their insecurities prepare to be harrased by the Orwellian enforcers on these forums. You should also try to refrain from using any words more complex than those used by a small child due to the fact that said enforcers have made it clear that their vocabulary pool is aenemic.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jinchuu wrote: »
    Nothing beats the group I got last night, Spindleclutch 2 normal to get the skillpoint I had missed. The first room of trash takes over a minute to get cleared so since I'm not a fan of taking forever to finish a dungeon I decide to take a gander at my teammates; tank is a DK with a Bow and Resto staff with no taunt slotted, one dps is a Bow/DW NB who never swapped to DW and the other dps is a magblade who somehow did virtually no damage. About 10 minutes go by and we still haven't made much progress since not only did they have pitiful damage output their survivability wasn't any better.

Then they showed just how brilliant they were by accusing me of being a bad healer because two of them died while I had over 20 adds trying their best to murder me, the best part of it all was when the DK tried to claim he was doing more healing than me (guy must be mainling skooma if he thinks he gets anywhere near the leveling of healing my warden outputs). So I said fine then heal for the next fight, they're all dead within 3 seconds then get to watch me slowly whittle the mobs down with Blockade and Refreshing Path while typing to reply to their foolishness the entire time. I just up and left after that since there's no point wasting my time with players who are complete and utter garbage and are so ignorant that they don't even realize it.

There's nothing quite so sad as a normal dungeon where a real healer or a real tank are doing the majority of the damage.
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jinchuu wrote: »

I think you somehow swapped classes mid-dungeon :lol: Pretty sure Refreshing Path is not a Warden skill :wink:
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • Jinchuu
    Jinchuu
    ✭✭✭✭
    ^Lol true, I need to change the hairstyle on one of them so I can tell them apart at a glance.
    Unless you are willing to be a mindless sycophant and/or coddle others due to their insecurities prepare to be harrased by the Orwellian enforcers on these forums. You should also try to refrain from using any words more complex than those used by a small child due to the fact that said enforcers have made it clear that their vocabulary pool is aenemic.
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    COH2 healed it the other day. We get to the spider deadra boss and I immediately get spun up in webbing and no one bothers to get me out. Wipe. So yeah we don't need healers.
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ir88pv.jpg
    ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm done with Fake Tanks. If I see a Tank with dual wield/bow and less than 18k health, I just immediately vote kick cause it's not worth the aggravation anymore.

I don't care that you are new to the game, that is all the more reason to NOT queue up for a vet dungeon that you've never done, even on normal mode, and have 0 understanding of what that role symbol by your name means. Call me an elitist jerk all you want, I'm not the one that is going to encourage your selfish behavior and anyone that defends that type of ignorance is NOT doing them any favors.
    Argonian forever
  • fgulerneb18_ESO1
    Do not keep them in party. As healer even in normal dungeon im kicking them out. If voted NO 2 times im leaving from party. Dont give them chance to do this.

Even in vet dungeons i got fake tanks they are ........... ........... ........... .............. ............... ............. .............
  • jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Unfortunately that does not work on the consoles. Plus, the list is limited, so that at some point yo uadd one and another one is removed.
    "Yesterday while searching a barrel in vVoM I found a lemon. Best drop of the whole run."

Protect the weak. Heal the sick.
    Treasure the gifts of friendship. Seek joy and inspiration in the mysteries of love.
    Honor the Earth, its creatures, and the spirits. Use Nature's gifts wisely. Respect her power. Fear her fury.
This discussion has been closed.