Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Fake tanks

• Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm done with Fake Tanks. If I see a Tank with dual wield/bow and less than 18k health, I just immediately vote kick cause it's not worth the aggravation anymore.

I don't care that you are new to the game, that is all the more reason to NOT queue up for a vet dungeon that you've never done, even on normal mode, and have 0 understanding of what that role symbol by your name means. Call me an elitist jerk all you want, I'm not the one that is going to encourage your selfish behavior and anyone that defends that type of ignorance is NOT doing them any favors.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. If they can do the job then I don't give a crap what they use. Go ahead and use dual wield/bow. If you can actually tank with that and just 18k health, more power to ya.

The real problem are the ones that queue as tank with absolutely zero intention to even try to fill that role. Given how much of a problem these *** appear to be becoming, I can cut you some slack on wanting to kick people right away who don't appear to have the proper equipment. Though I would ask that you try to keep an open mind in spite of things. Last thing we want is for ZoS to start arbitrarily dictating what builds you can and cannot use.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
  • jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best is when the tank is a pvp guy that will spam one aility all the time, doing zero damage and taunting none. Then, at the first wipe, he will try to kick some DD, complaining in case it does not pass.

Just let them die and leave.

Toxic cancer.
    "Yesterday while searching a barrel in vVoM I found a lemon. Best drop of the whole run."

Protect the weak. Heal the sick.
    Treasure the gifts of friendship. Seek joy and inspiration in the mysteries of love.
    Honor the Earth, its creatures, and the spirits. Use Nature's gifts wisely. Respect her power. Fear her fury.
  • Wise_Will
    Wise_Will
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a Real tank, i have a hard time actually finding a Healer who is a healer. I once got a Nightblade "Healer" on vet Darkshade 2, then complained when people were dying.
    Edited by Wise_Will on August 31, 2018 7:52AM
    XBOX EU/PC EU
  • Jameliel
    Jameliel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The worst are the noob whiners who run spindleclutch, fungal grotto and other easy dungeons, then complain when they don't realize it's easier and faster to just burn through it with 3~4 dps. The whole dungeon finder setup is stupid. Some of us are capped and just running a random daily to level up a new toon. Why should we be forced to sit in que for 10 mins to infinity? OMG THE TANK ISNT TAUNTING IM TAKING SOME DAMAGE OMG OMG I CANT STAND IN PLACE OR ROLL AROUND LIKE AN IDIOT TAKING 10 MINUTES TO KILL A MOB
  • StamWhipCultist
    StamWhipCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fake tanks are no news at all.
    But when you get fake DD x2 in a vRoM, you know something has hit the fan
  • Guppet
    Guppet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jameliel wrote: »
    The worst are the noob whiners who run spindleclutch, fungal grotto and other easy dungeons, then complain when they don't realize it's easier and faster to just burn through it with 3~4 dps. The whole dungeon finder setup is stupid. Some of us are capped and just running a random daily to level up a new toon. Why should we be forced to sit in que for 10 mins to infinity? OMG THE TANK ISNT TAUNTING IM TAKING SOME DAMAGE OMG OMG I CANT STAND IN PLACE OR ROLL AROUND LIKE AN IDIOT TAKING 10 MINUTES TO KILL A MOB

I’m sorry, just did just say random daily. So you could quite easily get dlc. Your typing in caps to try and excuse your toxic behaviour.

Your attitude is part of the problem. You may be capped but if your pugging and choosing randoms, you can’t guarantee the other players are capped, that they don’t want an actual tank (your making the choice for them) and you can’t guarantee that you don’t screw over the whole group by getting dlc.

But so long as you don’t have to wait 10 mins that’s ok isn’t it?
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    100% of my time in normals. :smiley:

0% in vets.

Basically this ^
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ran vet Darkshade 2 for daily. See the tank is 752 cp and has s&b on. Think "Alright, this is going to work."
    First pack of mobs...running wild. Aggro all over the map. Burn them down and think "eh, first pull..no big deal."
    Get to first boss..the one who rotates spraying fire. Tank only focus is the boss...mobs running wild. After first boss is down, type in chat..."Tank, you need a taunt or this isn't going to work."....no reply.
    Next pack of mobs...yep...Running wild. Healer goes down..tank goes down...tank says in chat..."poor healing, thanks alot"...I reply "Healer was dead from aggro...your job to keep it.."...no reply from tank.
    Next boss, the 3 Dino looking things you need to kill at the same time. Explained this before fight. Tank response is "I KNOW!" OK...
    You guessed it....running wild. All separate. Tank running in a circle around one, and only one, boss.
    Think of how horrible the Netch boss is going to be with this tank.
    Type in chat "It's too early for this, I'm out" Re-queue after my deserter timer, get a real tank, finish the dungeon with zero deaths and zero aggro issues. Much eaiser.

If you're going to tank a vet dungeon, it's very simple. Be a tank, take aggro and do the job you signed up for.
    Complaining about fake healers or DD isn't for this topic, start your own thread. Anyone here defending fake tanking is a fake tank trying to defend $h!t behavior. You want a DD as a tank, stop queuing for a pug and start your own group...do any role you want. If you're using group finder, be who you say you are. Stop being sh!ty.
    Edited by Kel on August 31, 2018 9:08AM
  • StamWhipCultist
    StamWhipCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jabrone77 wrote: »
    Ran vet Darkshade 2 for daily. See the tank is 752 cp and has s&b on. Think "Alright, this is going to work."
    First pack of mobs...running wild. Aggro all over the map. Burn them down and think "eh, first pull..no big deal."
    Get to first boss..the one who rotates spraying fire. Tank only focus is the boss...mobs running wild. After first boss is down, type in chat..."Tank, you need a taunt or this isn't going to work."....no reply.
    Next pack of mobs...yep...Running wild. Healer goes down..tank goes down...tank says in chat..."poor healing, thanks alot"...I reply "Healer was dead from aggro...your job to keep it.."...no reply from tank.
    Next boss, the 3 Dino looking things you need to kill at the same time. Explained this before fight. Tank response is "I KNOW!" OK...
    You guessed it....running wild. All separate. Tank running in a circle around one, and only one, boss.
    Type in chat "It's too early for this, I'm out"

If you're going to tank a vet dungeon, it's very simple. Be a tank, take aggro and do the job you signed up for.
    Complaining about fake healers or DD isn't for this topic, start your own thread. Anyone here defending fake tanking is a fake tank trying to defend $h!t behavior. You want a DD as a tank, stop queuing for a pug and start your own group...do any role you want. If you're using group finder, be who you say you are. Stop being sh!ty.

About bosses - u can aggro them and that is fine. But if you really think someone may keep aggro on 15 mobs you pretty much never played a tank.
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Type in chat "It's too early for this, I'm out"

About bosses - u can aggro them and that is fine. But if you really think someone may keep aggro on 15 mobs you pretty much never played a tank.

Not hard to use chains. Was a dk after all. Inner fire is available to all...so is silver leash, or whatever it's called.
    Bigger issue is that his focus was on one thing at a time. Made no attempt to pull anything off anyone else, especially the healer, who he blamed for his death.
    Yes, mobs will roam. Tanks job is to round them up as best as possible. This didn't happen here. Wasn't even attempted.

And yes, I have tanked. Needed undaunted on my sorc this day, however. This is exactly why I made a tank. To better understand the role. I also have a healer.
    Edited by Kel on August 31, 2018 9:15AM
  • jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, tank keeps aggro on the boss while chaining all ranged mobs. Then talons. Balancing back magicka. Getting healed to ocmpensate.

That said, I don't need to taunt them. They simply submit to my Imperial Goddess.
    "Yesterday while searching a barrel in vVoM I found a lemon. Best drop of the whole run."

Protect the weak. Heal the sick.
    Treasure the gifts of friendship. Seek joy and inspiration in the mysteries of love.
    Honor the Earth, its creatures, and the spirits. Use Nature's gifts wisely. Respect her power. Fear her fury.
  • Guppet
    Guppet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tanks don’t need to aggro all mobs, just the hard hitting ones. There is no AOE taunt and long may that be the case.
    Edited by Guppet on August 31, 2018 9:43AM
  • StamWhipCultist
    StamWhipCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a tank you aggro boss, nearby melle mobs and try to collect ranged ones with chains if possible.
    As tank, you interrupt channeled attacks and heals from mobs as much as possible.
    As tank you do try to root boss in one spot so all the ground based AoE damage used by DDs stay effective.

What you cannot do as tank?

You cannot prevent some mechanics that mobs or boss have. For example, the charge attack from Ursis or however the one of bosses is called in MoS, or underground attack by these nasty gigantic turtles in RoM.
    You cannot prevent ppl who do not understand their role to run around like crazy and perform poorly.
    You cannot prevent these ppl from standing in enemy AoE damage or one hit mechanics that u cant taunt or interrupt.
    You cannot make them see the light unless you are a templar.
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Guppet wrote: »
    Type in chat "It's too early for this, I'm out" Re-queue after my deserter timer, get a real tank, finish the dungeon with zero deaths and zero aggro issues. Much eaiser.

I hate fake yanks as much as the next guy. But, you don’t seem to be understand tanking in ESO. As tank you only aggro the boss and other particularly hard hitting mobs.

Yeah you try to round up the mobs when not on a boss. But when on a boss, unless the other mobs will oneshot the dps, that’s not your job. The DPS are supposed to burn them down, particularly if they go after the healer.

And as a general service, you should probably know that if somone dies, it’s also the dps job to be the first to try to Rez them. Not the healer or the tank.

Dps in this game have to do more than tunnel down the boss.

Well heck, it used to be common knowledge in MMOs that if the DPS or healer pulls aggro on a mob that he can't handle the thing to do is scrape it off on the tank. In other words, move in close to the tank bringing the add with you so that the tank can pick it up easier. Otherwise if you can take a few hits just burn it.

Now it seems like the thing to do is pick random direction and run like a madman, then hurl insults at a random teammate when you die. Everyone is so focused on the DPS e-peen meter these days that they've forgotten how to do anything else.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
  • Darkenarlol
    Darkenarlol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i was hating fake tanks and kicked them... but you know what? you kick one fake to get another fake then you kick that new

fake just to get that first fake you kicked before pulled in your group again by DF =D

actually if it is normal and i'm on my main with 40+k dps and most vets soloed including some dlc... i don't care

just gonna finish it ASAP and get my daily reward even if i get 3 afking morons.

if i'm on alt with not so well-round optimized build i'm for sure gonna appreciate real tank but still gonna breeze the dung

just gonna be less satisfied in process .

for vets - be real tank or gtfo i don't want to see again stupid runs like 4 dd COH1 with both bosses running around killing

those incompetent noobs and then sitting on me while my dps in this mess dropped from usual 70+ at this encounter

to pathetic 20 cuz of running bosses/ressing 8 times and then just solo finishing the encounter =D

P.S. the worst fakes are the moronish fake dd with laughable 5-10k dps and dying from trash sneeze que as fake tanks...
  • Guppet
    Guppet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tanks don’t need to aggro all mobs, just the hard hitting ones. There is no AOE taunt and long may that be the case.
  • Noldornir
    Noldornir
    ✭✭✭
    I main a tank and my second is DD and I do hate (or like) fake tanks, it really depends on what you are doing and if you can manage it.

With my standard group (another DD and a Healer) I often random as Tank even if I'm on with DD EVEN in vets... of course that requires some dungeon knowledge, I'd never do it in most 2 Dungeons or in any DLC one but in those dungeons you never find fake tanks unless they go for a random (and probably quit as they realize where they have been throw into).

What I think is this, fake tank or not is situational, in serious content you dont want it, in some other it doesn't really matter or can even be better.

I can even not slot any taunt at all tbh, my DD friend is stronger than me and most likely be the real one getting aggro and if we have these chanches:

1- We get someone not so strong; he'll hardly get any aggro
    2- We get someone stronger; he won't complain at all he'll just be happy for doing it faster

I remember once doing this in Vet Vollenfell, one low CP guy was complaining about a 16.xk Tank (my DD) so i told him "don't worry, I won't die" then he was worried about the taunting and I just replied "U wont get aggro, trust me he (other DD friend) will"

After 2nd boss he wrote "you were right xD".

He was, of course, worried about having a fake tank, maybe he got some in places where u want a real tank but the reality is this:

However you do if u enlist as a tank you have to make sure that you are NOT letting others die or you are failing. Taunt their mobs, burn them before they can do any harm just dont let the others pay for your decision. And of course weight your possibilities and where u can afford to do this and where you can not.
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wouldn't the simple solution be forr tanks and healers to queue as DDs

Only kidding ....

What I'm thinking is the game has a skill advisor for your build, why not auto assign rolls based on those skills on your bar, if you try to remove a skill for a roll your given in a dungeon the game puts an auto vote to kick for changing rolls and asks the group they can decide if they want to kick fir a new player to fit that roll or continue to run with the now altered group
  • Darkenarlol
    Darkenarlol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SugaComa wrote: »

Only kidding ....

What I'm thinking is the game has a skill advisor for your build, why not auto assign rolls based on those skills on your bar, if you try to remove a skill for a roll your given in a dungeon the game puts an auto vote to kick for changing rolls and asks the group they can decide if they want to kick fir a new player to fit that roll or continue to run with the now altered group

skill advisor just shows how to NOT play the game in most part so no thank you

• Guppet
    Guppet
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Only kidding ....

Wouldn’t work in practice. Taunts are useless in solo play. So your not going to have them on your questing build, even if your a tank.

In the past I’d have said queuing for tank is instant, so it’s not a huge problem, you could set you skills for tank mode and then just queue, not very intuative though.

Also I actually queued for 5 minutes as a tank yesterday. So ended up doing stuff while queuing.

Not allowing skills to be changed only works for those that have instant access and I dont trust that group finder will not be buggy.
    Edited by Guppet on August 31, 2018 12:38PM
  • N00BxV1
    N00BxV1
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Only kidding ....

But the skills advisor is just so wrong sometimes and I wouldn't want my role to be based off what it thinks. It especially wouldn't be a good idea for my magblade saptank since I use a mix of tank and dps skills. Don't worry though, I'm perfectly capable of carrying a group through most dungeons and then tanking the boss to death when everyone else is dead on the ground. :)
  • sudaki_eso
    sudaki_eso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    why do you need a tank or a healer in normal dungeon?

Why are you assuming that OP is talking about normal? :wink:

On normal you quite often have a fake tank, on vet its much better but i still get them in 1 out of 3 pledges i do. Often its not that bad if the others are on point, usually §hit hits the fan when it comes to the endboss...
    PS4 EU - StamDK
  • pdblake
    pdblake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Found one:

tank-979127.jpg?r=1533292729997
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wise_Will wrote: »
    As a Real tank, i have a hard time actually finding a Healer who is a healer. I once got a Nightblade "Healer" on vet Darkshade 2, then complained when people were dying.

Tanks don't need healers. Healers are for groups with Damage that don't heal themselves in their damage rotation.

People die on that vet because they are out of place. It's a DDR fight.
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • Jameliel
    Jameliel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m sorry, just did just say random daily. So you could quite easily get dlc. Your typing in caps to try and excuse your toxic behaviour.

Your attitude is part of the problem. You may be capped but if your pugging and choosing randoms, you can’t guarantee the other players are capped, that they don’t want an actual tank (your making the choice for them) and you can’t guarantee that you don’t screw over the whole group by getting dlc.

To you my attitude may seem part of the problem, but to me you are part of the problem. How exactly is the group "screwed over" by having someone who is actually capped with full CP, doing massive damage and finishing the dungeon faster? Blame z0$ and stop blaming those of us who have put more time and effort into the game. We all get screwed by z0$ because they are too lazy and or incompetent to redesign and add more options to the group-finder. You shouldn't have to group with a tank who doesn't taunt if you don't desire it. Likewise others shouldn't have to listen to noobs complain like idiots or be kicked from dungeons due to noob ignorance. Stop spamming light attacks and maybe you won't taunt the boss so much.

I should wait for a lengthy period of time or perhaps not get a group at all, just for a normal random daily? Most of them barely take 10 or 15 minutes to complete. Its ludicrous that anyone need wait the same length or longer for a dungeon we already ran dozens if not hundreds of times. Not like the loot is even worth anything below 160cp. I find most noobs in this game incredibly dimwitted. Play your roll and stop whining like little girls. If you're running vet, or a more difficult dlc dungeon, then sure, a fake tank should drop out. Whining about most of the dungeons is downright petty. Try MapleStory or Mincraft instead.
    Edited by Jameliel on August 31, 2018 2:36PM
  • Jinchuu
    Jinchuu
    ✭✭✭✭
    ^If you're so awesome and everyone else is just a bunch of whiny noobs then why not just solo the dungeon since you're obviously the best player ever?
    Unless you are willing to be a mindless sycophant and/or coddle others due to their insecurities prepare to be harrased by the Orwellian enforcers on these forums. You should also try to refrain from using any words more complex than those used by a small child due to the fact that said enforcers have made it clear that their vocabulary pool is aenemic.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

To you my attitude may seem part of the problem, but to me you are part of the problem. How exactly is the group "screwed over" by having someone who is actually capped with full CP, doing massive damage and finishing the dungeon faster? Blame z0$ and stop blaming those of us who have put more time and effort into the game. We all get screwed by z0$ because they are too lazy and or incompetent to redesign and add more options to the group-finder. You shouldn't have to group with a tank who doesn't taunt if you don't desire it. Likewise others shouldn't have to listen to noobs complain like idiots or be kicked from dungeons due to noob ignorance. Stop spamming light attacks and maybe you won't taunt the boss so much.

I should wait for a lengthy period of time or perhaps not get a group at all, just for a normal random daily? Most of them barely take 10 or 15 minutes to complete. Its ludicrous that anyone need wait the same length or longer for a dungeon we already ran dozens if not hundreds of times. Not like the loot is even worth anything below 160cp. I find most noobs in this game incredibly dimwitted. Play your roll and stop whining like little girls. If you're running vet, or a more difficult dlc dungeon, then sure, a fake tank should drop out. Whining about most of the dungeons is downright petty. Try MapleStory or Mincraft instead.

Funny you tell me to play my role and quit whining when, by you refusing to pay the tank role you signed up for, you are making it harder to play my role as a healer or a DPS.

You don't taunt so my healer gets aggro? Now I have to heal, do damage, AND tank the boss.

You don't taunt so the boss moves out of my AOEs? I'm glad your DPS parse is amazing because you just screwed mine.

Play the role you signed up for. Taunt the boss, hold him still, and I won't complain. Make my job harder, and I'll think you're a bad teammate, no matter how great your DPS is.
    Edited by VaranisArano on August 31, 2018 2:43PM
  • profundidob16_ESO
    profundidob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

you haven't done normal moon hunter keep have you ? =P
  • Azuramoonstar
    Azuramoonstar
    ✭✭✭✭

some people want to lear their role in a dungeon setting to get better at the game?

that would be my guess. Not everyone in eso is max cp/gear.
    Long time mmo player: 2004-[current year]
    Long time Elder scrolls player: Xbox launch morrowind.
    Follower of the dawn and dusk, keeper of the moon and star.
  • Azuramoonstar
    Azuramoonstar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thannazzar wrote: »
    Add them to your ignore list before you vote kick. 12 months of that policy and I see 1 fake tank in about 50 pugs.

Unfortunately that does not work on the consoles. Plus, the list is limited, so that at some point yo uadd one and another one is removed.

ya it does you fully block them on psn. It does wonders :D
    Long time mmo player: 2004-[current year]
    Long time Elder scrolls player: Xbox launch morrowind.
    Follower of the dawn and dusk, keeper of the moon and star.
This discussion has been closed.