Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

50k Werewolf Light Attack Build

• Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    yet another "perfect balance" by zos. GG, u will sell ton of dlcs to ppl who enjoy non skilled light attack spam
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Avran_Sylt wrote: »
    Personally I'd suggest this:

Lower the Overall LA and Bleed damage. (15% each)

Buff the Feeding Frenzy Synergy, either duration or number of people effected (WW offers a group more overall DPS)

Deafening Roar: Make this morph apply Off-balance instead of Ferocious Roar
    Ferocious Roar: Make this morph Grant you and nearby allies Minor Berserk for a Duration

Piercing Howl: Make the base skill (and Morphs) Apply Major Fracture.

No need for damage nerf, last patch WW had same damage with light attack.
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find it funny that a build literally focused on light attacks and buffing them still gets over twice as much damage from relequen than it would from elegance :p
  • Ertthewolf
    Ertthewolf
    ✭✭✭
    There are multiple solutions to the high dps LA werewolf builds, if ZoS deems it OP.

Adjustments to sets: The easiest solution to the problem.

Reduction to WW LA damage: This would require adjustments to the skills, which has already been done. You would need to reduce move costs for sustainable damage, and add more variety to ways of doing damage. Not easy.

Total werewolf skill bar overhaul with reduction to LA damage: This would include an entire back bar of new moves, or allow slotting of moves, and possibly a werewolf ultimate that we can use in form. This would make the rotation more complex, and allow for similar dps if you are a skilled player. This is massively complicated, and at this point werewolf should just be a class lol.

Make werewolf only last 30 seconds with no way to maintain timer: The dumbest solution..........

Werewolf is an ultimate. Just like overload, but with sustainability in mind, and high potential burst. But we lack the chance to get out and back to another setup, or pop another ultimate. So it should be strong.

Edited by Ertthewolf on July 12, 2018 7:10PM
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ertthewolf wrote: »
    There are multiple solutions to the high dps LA werewolf builds, if ZoS deems it OP.

Adjustments to sets: The easiest solution to the problem.

Reduction to WW LA damage: This would require adjustments to the skills, which has already been done. You would need to reduce move costs for sustainable damage, and add more variety to ways of doing damage. Not easy.

Total werewolf skill bar overhaul with reduction to LA damage: This would include an entire back bar of new moves, or allow slotting of moves, and possibly a werewolf ultimate that we can use in form. This would make the rotation more complex, and allow for similar dps if you are a skilled player. This is massively complicated, and at this point werewolf should just be a class lol.

Make werewolf only last 30 seconds with no way to maintain timer: The dumbest solution..........

Werewolf is an ultimate. Just like overload, but with sustainability in mind, and high potential burst. But we lack the chance to get out and back to another setup, or pop another ultimate. So it should be strong.

LOL, people want werewolf nerf to protect set causing roar
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arciris wrote: »
    the_Beard wrote: »
    No one is saying werewolves shouldn't be able to do "decent" dps. I don't think anyone here wants to nerf them into the ground. The issue at hand is balance. Having a cheap, easy 1-button spammable 50k dps build go live just isn't healthy for the game.

This happens all the time, (magsorc meta comes to mind around homestead). If one type of build becomes too easy, and can easily hit high numbers, the general population of the game will automatically roll that setup, which leads to future nerfs and re-balance. At one point, some raids wanted 8 magsorcs in their roster, because it was easy to hit the highest numbers, and didn't require a big learning curve to do it.

Right now, IMO, we are the closest to overall balance we have been in a while. Stamblade pulls the highest single target numbers currently, but there is a caveat. The class/rotation is not easy to play and hit those kinds of numbers. I just re-rolled this patch as well, as it benefits my group the most. I spent weeks learning the rotation, hours every day to learn it and get better at it, and I still have a ways to go to hit the kinds of numbers the top stamblades are hitting.

At the same time, if I screw up my rotation, and a magblade or magsorc next to me has theirs on point, its very possible for them to pull ahead of me. This is what overall balance is about. Not having a bunch of people re-roll werewolf wearing 2 sets and smashing the left click button pulling higher numbers than everyone else that worked hard to get there

I have to disagree with this,
    If an easy build gets out it's very good for the health of the game - as long as it is not better., just close to.

Because you start to see more people actually try content they wouldn't dare before (and that they paid for).
    Because PUG dungeon finder is not such a chore anymore, resulting in more player satisfaction.

Overall, the game feels more alive.

Since Morrowind sustain nerfs, and consequent difficulty increase, it's hard to find people to do vet content with. Even if you are in a guild where those things were happening (they dried out in the meantime)
    The more the ceiling is raised, the more Devs are pushing out content for a few guilds only, one of them clearing it on release day actually.

I think you might be arguing over semantics to some degree. What do you mean by close to? Not many specs can pull 50k ST self buffed on a dummy right now. Essentially, the best of the best nightblades can do it with very difficult rotations. If there was a one button rotation that was pulling 35-40k, maybe not so much of an issue, and that is plenty for most content.

But a one button rotation that lets you compete with the best of the best? Sorry, but that is unhealthy for the game. It disincentivizes progression at the highest level. As @TheBeard said, nobody is going to push back from making werewolf viable. They are going to push back when the see little to no difference in the DPS of a one button rotation and a highly complex rotation. Sure, we want more people playing end game, but practice and skill need to be rewarded or the raiding community will collapse.

Ill also stand by what I said earlier. The better option here is to actually make the werewolf rotation something other than a LMB spam.
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on July 12, 2018 8:26PM
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, anyone remember this gem from like 2 years ago? Haha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BfHX_fhzXA
  • LapisLazuli99
    LapisLazuli99
    ✭✭✭
    Does this have to be a werewolf problem as much as that Bloodmoon set? I love WW but I currently run it for fun since I'd be kicked if I ever transformed in a Vet activity XD I just want it to be good enough you know?
    Edited by LapisLazuli99 on July 12, 2018 8:34PM
    Xbox One - NA
    GT - Lapis Lazuli 99

AD - Orc Dragonknight
    AD - Breton Sorcerer
    AD - High Elf Nightblade
    AD - High Elf Templar
    AD - Wood Elf Warden
    AD - Khajiit Necromancer
    AD - High Elf Arcanist
  • rafaelcsmaia
    rafaelcsmaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So how is the light attack spam now after relequen nerf and the toning down of the werewolf LA buffs? Still massive or back to useless in PVE?
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe down from 50k to 40k ?

So down from competitive easy mode to viable easy mode ?

Got my blood moon, still need to finish my relequen.

Aznox
    PC EU
    Khajiit Orc Bosmer Stamina Sorcerer and Werewolf Stage 3 Vampire
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Theorycrafting enthusiast
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • jeskah
    jeskah
    ✭✭✭
    Aznox wrote: »
    Maybe down from 50k to 40k ?

So down from competitive easy mode to viable easy mode ?

Got my blood moon, still need to finish my relequen.

55k on big dummy with a raid, without bloodmoon and im a medicore player.
  • d10is13
    d10is13
    I think the main issue is that they stay in WW when they die. Fix this, problem solved. You die = 0 ult.