Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ZOS is giving out a unique pet exclusively to streamer favourites and QuakeCon attendees

• rune476
    rune476
    ✭✭✭
    It is kinda *** you can get better rewards watching twitch or being lucky with giveaways than playing the actual game.
    Im not your pal, beeko.
  • A_Silverius
    A_Silverius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why can't we just have these on the crown store.
    All over Tamriel, theres a sudden spike in Bosmers getting caught for their crimes. A sad day indeed... #FightForYourRite Give Bosmers back our stealth!
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Streamer favorites? No. They are members of our official Stream Team, and yes, they will occasionally get exclusive items to give away during their streams to help grow their channels. We did give away some of these codes to folks who took the time to attend our community meetup last night, and players stopping by the booth. As others have said, this isn't the first time we've done this. We will likely have some codes on-hand at the upcoming gamescom and PAX conventions, too. If you can't attend an in-person convention, your best bet is to try and win one from a member of our Stream Team (these are on all platforms, too).

Edit: Also, our Stream Team members have been giving these codes out for months.
    Carbonised wrote: »
    As for the cons, that's not really feasible for those of us on the Europe side, is it. Especially not those of us who live in countries with no cons and several days' travel to the nearest one. Would be nice if the game wasn't as americo-centric as it is, you do have two servers per platform, after all.

Gamescom is in Germany.

You would not happen to be having some sort of convention meetup in Saskatchewan/Manitoba/North Dakota area would you?
    have some limited capacity to travel to an event so long as it is within a day's drive

it is discouraging to know that otherwise the only possibility is going to be paying for the traffic content of Twitch streams left to run while afk
    or taking time out from playing to watch streams due to poor implementation of a unique reward

Can you at least put an orange/yellow/red/even purple Torch bug in the Crown store at some point?
    Would not be remotely bothered if the pet were just a unique skin of something we could otherwise get
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO live does giveaways every time. You give away houses that already have been featured in the store, or Crown packs.

These streamers could easily have been given codes for that same stuff. Still freebies for the streamer audience, while those not getting them, could have bought them from the store instead.
    Or now that we have Crown Store gifting, the streamers could have made their own chat raffles and gifted whatever they wanted from the store to the winners.

But you had to just give them something exclusive to prey on that exclusivity and envy. Despite it being not more than four months ago that a large portion of the forum players sent you the message that this overly focus on exclusivity and envy is unwanted and gives a negative impression of the store.

Literally nothing has changed since that feedback was delivered, you even continue to make further blunders, first by adding motif pieces into crown crates (that was later alleviated by making them appear in game, but only after massive protests), and now by gating more and more "exclusive" collectibles behind watching streams.
    It does make me wonder why exactly you bother to send out surveys if you're not going to use the answers you get for anything, but continue to go down the path you have already decided beforehand.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Samadhi wrote: »
    Can you at least put an orange/yellow/red/even purple Torch bug in the Crown store at some point?
    Would not be remotely bothered if the pet were just a unique skin of something we could otherwise get

I agree. The Dozen-Banded Vvardvark was loyalty reward for owning Morrowind just before it got turned into a free DLC for ESO+, and is literally just a regular Vvardvark with some black spots on it. They could have used that as a streamer reward, as we already have like 3 different reskins of that pet.

Making other colours of the torchbug pet available in the store, as login rewards or ESO loyalty rewards would at least be a nice gesture to the rest of us.
    Edited by Carbonised on August 12, 2018 5:08PM
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ydrisselle wrote: »
    As for the cons, that's not really feasible for those of us on the Europe side, is it. Especially not those of us who live in countries with no cons and several days' travel to the nearest one. Would be nice if the game wasn't as americo-centric as it is, you do have two servers per platform, after all.

Gamescom is in Germany.

And that's the only occasion for us Europeans get something like this (unless we want to spend way too much money and time to go to the US), not to mention not everybody can afford to travel to Germany as well.
    vometia wrote: »
    Ydrisselle wrote: »
    And that's the only occasion for us Europeans get something like this (unless we want to spend way too much money and time to go to the US), not to mention not everybody can afford to travel to Germany as well.
    For someone in Oxford, travelling to London is bad enough; Germany is probably... well it's probably less stressful, except that I'd still need to go to, through or past London first. Anyway.

as someone living in Central Canada, am actually sort of envious of those of you with the "possibility" of attending Gamescom
    do comprehend and respect that moving around European countries is not actually as easy as simply heading in a direction,
    but the actual physical distance from Manitoba to Texas is double the physical distance between Oxford and Germany

[Edit to remove real world politics]
    Edited by [Deleted User] on August 12, 2018 8:19PM
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also, since when did we stop acting like adults appreciating the cool things that others get and the joy it brings them? Instead of acting like children filled with envy and jealousy demanding access to the same toys.

Just because my friends got a cool tee shirt on vacation, doesn't mean I am going to be upset for not being able to have it for myself. I will just admire it and be glad that they like it.
    Edited by BigBragg on August 12, 2018 5:12PM
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    BigBragg wrote: »
    Also, since when did we stop acting like adults appreciating the cool things that other get and joy it brings them? Instead of acting like children filled with envy and jealousy demanding access to the same toys.

Just because my friends got a cool tee shirt on vacation, doesn't mean I am going to be upset for not being able to have it for myself. I will just admire it and be glad that they like it.

Where did your friends get the t-shirt?
    Perhaps someone in the ESO community could order you a copy through interwebz and you could be shirt twins with your friend
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Making other colours of the torchbug pet available in the store, as login rewards or ESO loyalty rewards would at least be a nice gesture to the rest of us.

To my comprehension, they previously gave out Pig pets at another Quakecon
    that was before pig pets were accessibly to anyone else in game
    but they did at least make it possible for other players to get ahold of pig pets of some sort eventually
    hoping they do something similar here is prolly the best hope and most reasonable expectation for the majority of players who will otherwise miss out
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I work as an administrator at an amusement park and part of my job is explaining to people that they can't get promotional rates if they don't attend on the date of the promotion, or otherwise meet the requirements of the promotion. People think they should have it just because they want it. That negates the entire point of the promotion and sets a profit-loss precedent. This entire thread makes me wince.

✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    sevomd69 wrote: »

Nowhere in that article does it mention a torchbug pet for showing up. The only reward mentioned is the Twitch drops that were available for everyone.

Agreed, nothing about a torchbug
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I work as an administrator at an amusement park and part of my job is explaining to people that they can't get promotional rates if they don't attend on the date of the promotion, or otherwise meet the requirements of the promotion. People think they should have it just because they want it. That negates the entire point of the promotion and sets a profit-loss precedent. This entire thread makes me wince.

Do those promotions include exclusive access to particular rides that are not accessible to or running for paying customers who visit for full price on other days?
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There are, in fact, particular circumstances that restrict access to certain activities, based on various factors. Explaining that is part of my job, too.
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There are, in fact, particular circumstances that restrict access to certain activities, based on various factors. Explaining that is part of my job, too.

Are those certain activities part of the actual park experience
    or holiday activities?

Am interested if you simply have a portion of the park shut down from access the majority of time because it would be a profit loss to sell people tickets the rest of the year
    had to do that in Planet Coaster when they implemented ride degradation; certain rides were just far more expensive to run on a regular basis than the money they brought in from tickets
  • angelncelestine
    angelncelestine
    ✭✭✭✭
    That cute little guy would be perfect for my house! I am not gonna get salty about it though because they did eventually bring lots of little piggies to the store after they gave free pigs away. Hopefully they will do the same with this pet. If not, I will be fine without it. It’s not gonna make or break the game for me. Grats to those that have them! Lucky stinkers!
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, it's sort of like that! We'll have certain rides and concession stands shut down for periods of time because if we ran them we wouldn't be able to make payroll--or, heaven forbid, something needs maintenance. People also get upset when they don't have access to the pavilions, because someone else had the foresight to call ahead and reserve them. I sympathize sometimes, when they say they've been driving for hours to get here, or that they've been coming here for years, but there's nothing for it. Our special accommodations and wish fulfillments can only go so far.

I feel like this whole bit with the torchbug is the same. People have been playing for a long time, and that's fantastic, and they want the bug, but the promotion is clearly meant to incentivize participation in their Twitch streams. People may disagree on the value of those streams, but ZOS clearly sees some profit in them.

All that being said, I don't think this thread would be sinful if the tone of some of the posts weren't so aggressive. Inquiries are innocent. Demands are a little absurd, and people need to learn how to gracefully take "no" for an answer.*

My feelings about the bug itself? I'd really like to have it. I think it's adorable. I'm not willing to take the time to participate in Twitch raffles for it, though, which makes me evaluate how much value it has to me personally. It can't be that much.

* Yes, and some of the other people in the peanut gallery are being rude, too, in all fairness.
    Edited by SickleCider on August 12, 2018 5:51PM
  • vometia
    vometia
    ✭✭✭
    as someone living in Central Canada, am actually sort of envious of those of you with the "possibility" of attending Gamescom
    do comprehend and respect that moving around European countries is not actually as easy as simply heading in a direction,
    but the actual physical distance from Manitoba to Texas is double the physical distance between Oxford and Germany
    If it makes you feel any better, I'm enormously agoraphobic and struggle to visit the neighbours who live not 100 yards across the road. But other than that, point taken: were I not so agoraphobic, I'd be all over Europe. Well, and the US. And even Canada. :p
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    vometia wrote: »
    If it makes you feel any better, I'm enormously agoraphobic and struggle to visit the neighbours who live not 100 yards across the road. But other than that, point taken: were I not so agoraphobic, I'd be all over Europe. Well, and the US. And even Canada. :p

deal with agoraphobia and OCD as well, so getting out of the house is an infrequent event to me can relate
    have some contactless -hugs- :p

but am more reflecting on the difference of scale -- have known people in Europe who have talked about taking a train from country to country
    for me out in the backwoods of Canada, it is an hour driving on the highway to get to the train station, then several days traveling by train in either direction across Canada

to sort of add a bit more concreteness to this
    the size of the Country of Germany is 357,021 km²
    the size of the province within Canada that is the location of my home is 647,797 km²

so it would also take me more time to see the entirety of my own country (9.985 million km²) than it would 'typically' take a European to visit multiple countries
    just sort of a fun discrepancy -- my actual envy is comparatively limited, sincerely appreciate having miles of empty space in every direction rather than being crammed into a high-density population area
  • Vahlyance
    Vahlyance
    ✭✭✭
    "physical merch and knick knacks are a great way to commemorate events and journeys but have no presence in game"
    -Reverse the subject-
    /"Digital pets and cosmetics are a great way to (Insert what-ever usage here), but have no presence in real life."/

Is that going to end up becoming a topic to gripe about in the future?
    "They gave out this neat little coin at the event! Why the hell can't I have it in-game?"

The events are FOR the games! Binding both digital and reality into one place for people to enjoy!
    As for locations, I'm sure if they had the money and power to, they'd build their own damn convention centers where-ever the hell they wanted around the globe, allowing everyone to attend. but they can't, so they have to go with what they can! It's not their fault, stop treating it like is!

Just watch a damn stream, get your damn bug.
    (I'm tired, this 'debate' saddens me. I leave my piece.)
    『-Astra inclinant, sed non obligant.-』
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys just expect to have everything, some stuff needs to have value to it. Get over it, most games do it. Eso needs to start doing it more everything is worthless
    #MOREORBS
  • A_Silverius
    A_Silverius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So how do we know which streamer has the torchbug pet?
    All over Tamriel, theres a sudden spike in Bosmers getting caught for their crimes. A sad day indeed... #FightForYourRite Give Bosmers back our stealth!
  • Itacira
    Itacira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jokes aside, it's true that traveling in Europe (in general) and traveling across the USA and Canada is not the same. That's a very good point. Even inside the USA alone time zone differences can be pretty huge. Which means that some people will always be at an advantage.

Which begs the question to me : why are we pretending that preying on that advantage and reinforcing it is ok ?

I'm actually not bothered at all by the concept of merchandise as a way of thanking people for being there. It doesn't irk me in the same way, because people in the game can't use it as bragging rights to make themselves feel superior in the same way they can a cosmetic element of the game. That makes rubbing it in the faces of those who wish they has such and such item a lot more complicated. And also because to be honest my house is cluttered enough as it is, but that's just me :p

Also, when one pays for a game, one expects to be able to enjoy it to the fullest. These pixels are ways of enjoying the game. Simply enough.
    PC/EU - PVE 2H stam orc petsorc (meta, what meta?) ww - terrible dps - mediocre player - fun times - free ww bites to whomever asks so don't be shy if interested
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Gamescom is in Germany.

Oh boy.

#FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The little torchbug pet reminds me of the Legend of Zelda and small elven heroes are just my thing. I requested this pet in the crown store thread i believe.

It doesn’t matter so much to me that I’m going to watch other people play a game I could be playing for a slim to none chance of getting it.

If it was “everyone who tunes in to this official announcement gets something” that would be different. Right now it’s, “special chosen ones might be giving these to their favorite voyeurs.”

Someone mentioned that one of these streamers is using RNG to determine who gets it, that’s a bit better. But it’s not a requirement from Zos is it?

So, who’s to say if an entire guild has something exclusive that no one else gets due to favoritism.

That’s my problem with it.

Give out the banker and merchant (expensive items everyone can appreciate);
    or a pet that used to be in the store but is no longer available;
    or make it during the official ESO live;
    or force it to be RNG controlled by the company so that any appearance of exclusion and favoritism is mitigated.

Edited for formatting.
    Edited by max_only on August 13, 2018 6:56AM
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    max_only wrote: »
    The little torchbug pet reminds me of the Legend of Zelda and small elven heroes are just my thing. I requested this pet in the crown store thread i believe. It doesn’t matter so much to me that I’m going to watch other people play a game I could be playing for a slim to none chance of getting it. If it was “everyone who tunes in to this official announcement gets something” that would be different. Right now it’s, “special chosen ones might be giving these to their favorite voyeurs.”

Someone mentioned that one of these streamers is using RNG to determine who gets it, that’s a bit better. But it’s not a requirement from Zos is it? So, who’s to say if an entire guild has something exclusive that no one else gets due to favoritism. That’s my problem with it. Give out the banker and merchant or a pet that used to be in the store but is no longer available or make it during the official ESO live or force it to be RNG controlled by the company so that any appearance of exclusion and favoritism is mitigated.

Honestly, I'd be willing to bet the large majority of streamers on the ESO stream team use RNG to give away most items such as these pets. It's pretty standard to use bots for giveaways (which are RNG).

I'm not sure there is a list, but Zos recently made up some images for the streamers part of the ESO Stream Team to use, so many display that image on their twitch channel, that would be one way to know if a streamer possibly has codes for the pet.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Jolipinator
    Jolipinator
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ampnode wrote: »
    You guys okay...?

Not really.

As a console player we get "hey you guys can do this too in the future!"

Then it turns into "well maybe..."

Then "LOG in and get something!"

So situations like this one, makes me wonder even if such a thing is available to us.

Representatives are non-console only
    Twitch rewards are non-console only
    Combat metrics are non-console only
    I get the feeling this is non-console only

Twitch rewards this time where for console too.
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Credit where credit is due, good on them for releasing a handful in this manner
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    Ampnode wrote: »
    You guys okay...?

Not really.

As a console player we get "hey you guys can do this too in the future!"

Then it turns into "well maybe..."

Then "LOG in and get something!"

So situations like this one, makes me wonder even if such a thing is available to us.

Representatives are non-console only
    Twitch rewards are non-console only
    Combat metrics are non-console only
    I get the feeling this is non-console only

Twitch rewards this time where for console too.

Yeah said consoles had to login 1 hour after stream to kill something
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Was not fast enough for the twitter codes
    or, at least, the only one that loaded was when entering a code loaded up the session expired for security message
    but glad ZOS put in a bit of extra effort to potentially share these codes for people who could not physically attend the event
This discussion has been closed.