The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

ZOS is giving out a unique pet exclusively to streamer favourites and QuakeCon attendees

• Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I understand the frustration many have with not being able to obtain every in-game item; however, I must ask, why care for an item that does absolutely nothing except cosmetic reasons? Here's the thing, I'm a completionist, so I understand many view points from those who are angry that ZOS weren't more transparent about this and that they won't be able to recieve this torchbug pet unless they went to Quakecon or get on from watching someone stream (which is very unlikely of you getting it). The thing is, this game has so many items that I don't see the point in getting most of them, especially the pets. Most of them you will probably never use anyway, I know I don't. As a completionist, I focus on completing every quest and achievement I possibly can, but I don't see why many of you would be angry about this. Is it because ZOS wasn't as transparent as they could be for a pet that does absolutely nothing when they were probably too focused on Quakecon? Or is it because you won't be able to receive this pet; therefore, making your precious collection incomplete and making your loved ones leave you?

I understand cosmetics, to many of you, are important. They are important to me too, such as the Vampire cosmetic problem, tattoos, hair, etc; however, in all honesty, how many of you would actually use this torchbug pet versus your pet that has glowing eyes, that has fire coming out of it, or just looks amazingly cute? Some of you may love this pet, in which case I apologize for my comments from above. All other reasons, however, I literally see no point in you being angry with ZOS here. Could they have been more transparent? Sure, why not, but I think they had their hands full with Quakecon and Wolfhunter (coming out in a few hours). I'm going to give them a break on this one.

If this was a different item, let's say a mount, I could understand. This is a pet, however, something that is there only for cosmetic reasons. In my opinion, it's not even that great of a pet, some of you may feel differently, in which case I understand why you would be upset in not being able to get this pet. Pets in this game does nothing, sadly. If this was a game where pets had some meaning, where they maybe had different abilities/talents, combat skills, etc. I would completely understand the frustration in not getting a pet then; however, as of right now, it seems like people are just getting angry at ZOS for this just because they had nothing else in mind to get angry with them.

First: I saw no one angry with ZOS. Don't blow things out of proportion then argue with your own assumption as if that's reality.

As for the rest: because I liiiike (like REALLY LIKE IT, would have bought with crowns and I only ever bought 2 pets with crowns lol) it. That's all.

I personally would use it above all.

I only use Nyxad right now.
    Edited by Mureel on August 13, 2018 10:24AM
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    Svenja wrote: »
    Well,
    Astrid_V wrote: »
    The perfect way to implement this pet would be to make it a one in a million drop from harvesting torchbugs in the game. Just imagine everyone collecting torchbugs on the overland maps to have a chance at catching this pet.
    That would have been a fun ingame activity, I agree.

Yes! But make it a runebox :)

Exactly. A one in a million dropchance from harvesting torchbugs, but dropped as a runebox so you could sell it through guild stores. Could do the same for the butterflies and a butterfly pet too. That would have been fun, it would have been a unique reward (sort of like Aetherial Cipher or Aetherial Dust), but instead they decided to hand it out through streams instead.

If they did that, it would probably take less than an hour after releasing the patch before someone opened a topic here, whining about the too low drop chance. This would be followed by even more people who have seen the runebox in a guild store for 1.9 million gold. "I won't spend that much for a pet!! Please make it possible to get this through other means!"
    There is no way to please this community. :smiley:

I am also quite astonished that this topic hasn't been brought up earlier. Streamers started giving away the torchbugs on Twitch quite a while ago, in the beginning of June.

Maybe because it was kept pretty much under the radar. It's the first time I noticed anything about it, and judging from the people in my guild chat, there weren't many people who knew about it either.
    Yes I did notice that the Twitter post from the streamer in my OP was from June, but there are many of us who do not follow any streamers or their social media, and thus it is still new for many of us, even if it started two months ago.

As for whining about low dropchances, you don't really see that many posts complaining about low dropchance for for instance Aetherial Cipher or Dust. Sure, someone will always be unhappy, but having the pet as a rare drop from torchbugs would perhaps be the solution that would displease the least people, along with selling it through the store, while this solution of handing it out through streamer channels seems to at least have gathered quite a lot of negative reactions, judging from the numer of people who have pressed "agree" on my original post, or voiced their agreement in a reply to this thread.

There is always one more chance: start a stream on Twitch, build a community, earn a membership in ZOS' stream team and get your own distributable code. Right now that's as good a chance as every other one.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd say that's an exclusive FPS drop of 25% given the glow animations. ;)
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Enemoriana
    Enemoriana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this was a different item, let's say a mount, I could understand. This is a pet, however, something that is there only for cosmetic reasons. In my opinion, it's not even that great of a pet, some of you may feel differently, in which case I understand why you would be upset in not being able to get this pet. Pets in this game does nothing, sadly. If this was a game where pets had some meaning, where they maybe had different abilities/talents, combat skills, etc. I would completely understand the frustration in not getting a pet then; however, as of right now, it seems like people are just getting angry at ZOS for this just because they had nothing else in mind to get angry with them.

Why do you think mount is something more important than pet?
    They are also just cosmetic things. Pets like this has even one more way to use.
    You can use mount like actual mount or place it in house like... well, actual mount, saddles doesn't allow anything else.
    You can use pet like actual pet, you can place it in house like actual pet, part of collection - and you can use some of them like just animated details. Torchbug could be great in such role.
    • PC EU, @Enemoriana. Ru
    • My wishlist: crown crates, Lucky Cat Landing, atronach/crow/factotum merchant.
    • Houses: The Erstwhile Sanctuary. Everybody is welcomed! Here is video.
    • Luxury furniture is displayed in Forsaken Stronghold. Decorator default. Not luxury, but similar or close looking items marked with jester banners. Closed until ESO+ will be available again for Russia: without doubled limits there is not enough space.
    • Two years with no ESO+ available. Eternal thanks to people who gifted music boxes, my everlasting ESO passion!
  • ZOS_Mika
    ZOS_Mika
    admin
    We have recently removed a great number of off-topic and baiting comments from this thread. This is a reminder to keep the discussion civil and constructive. While it is fine to disagree, we expect all discussion on the forums to remain respectful. There is no need for personal attacks. Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • GreenTea
    GreenTea
    ✭✭✭
    Just in the first year of the games release, there were many promotional pets given away, many without much fanfare. ( or some might be in 2015, though I'm pretty certain almost all of them were released during 2014)

-monkey for beta testers
    -pets for pre-orders
    -pig and a recolored mudcrab I think for con goers
    -pony guar for buying guar plush
    -scrib for buying some licensed figure
    -wolfhound pet for fresh steam accounts (this was the one that was really controversial, because if you had an existing account there was no way to get it)
    -subscriber loyalty rewards

Mind you I live nowhere near conventions even though I'm in the US. It's a very small percentage that actually can realistically make it to these events. I will admit I'm still a little salty about the Vivec coins given out at PAX last year, but.. that's another subject entirely. :tongue:

When the pig was first released I remember someone posted on Reddit about how they really wanted one for their significant other. This happened:

4b910200b50e5e263a7ef5a42d6d00a9.png

Which is really cool! But right below that, someone was like "But what about the rest of us not anywhere close to a convention.. ):" Unlike the piggy or the coins, anyone from anywhere in the world can try and get those torchbug pets if they are willing to watch streams or keep an eye out on social media. It's a difficult pet to get for everyone, but you can get them.

And while I'm not on the stream team, I am an ESO Streamer and can tell say from my own experience that the crate drops alone have been so huge in the growth of my channel. Yes it attracts a lot of lurkers, but it brings a lot of Interest to not only the game, but us streamers as well. A lot of my followers have found me because of drops weekends and stayed. Many of my regulars wouldn't have otherwise found me without the promotion.

They work, and Zeni is being really careful about not letting the lurking farms get out of hand like they did with the TES Legends drops.

Though the torchbug are usually given out a bit differently, you need to pay attention to chat and usually post a word or something to be entered. You also need to be watching specific streams, and when they are actually doing the giveaways. Even for being a regular in many different streams, you'll still need to be very lucky to get one.

In other words.... They are rewards for people who frequently watch ESO streams, or go out of the way to seek out public ESO events. If your like me and live in the middle of nowhere and can't reasonably get to a convention, unlike the piggy pet there actually IS a way to get the torchbug.

It isn't out of line with long standing game promotions, and is building our streaming community up. I wish you all luck in getting one! :blush:
    Watch me derp around playing ESO twitch.tv/tea_the_khajiit
    In-game info: @Greeentea (with Three E's)
    Main: Ki'tea
    Morrowind Roleplayer since launch!
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is not the real world, I demand equal rights and equal opportunities.

Edited by wishlist14 on February 12, 2019 8:45AM
  • BrokenString
    BrokenString
    ✭✭✭
    Oh god... Sometimes I think I'm too old for this s#%/

Really? REALLY?!

I can't believe this thread
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Really? REALLY?!

It's also very old, seems we got Necromancer a few months early. :trollface:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • BrokenString
    BrokenString
    ✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

Really? REALLY?!

It's also very old, seems we got Necromancer a few months early. :trollface:

Nice one m8
    It's all about advertisement, I bet it was someone from ZOS with a fake account who necroed this

Lmao
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thread is more than half a year old. Let it die. The bumping brought nothing new to the discussion.
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    Ampnode wrote: »
    You guys okay...?

Not really.

As a console player we get "hey you guys can do this too in the future!"

Then it turns into "well maybe..."

Then "LOG in and get something!"

So situations like this one, makes me wonder even if such a thing is available to us.

Representatives are non-console only
    Twitch rewards are non-console only
    Combat metrics are non-console only
    I get the feeling this is non-console only

Twitch rewards this time where for console too.
    Cpt_Teemo wrote: »
    Tasear wrote: »
    Ampnode wrote: »
    You guys okay...?

Not really.

As a console player we get "hey you guys can do this too in the future!"

Then it turns into "well maybe..."

Then "LOG in and get something!"

So situations like this one, makes me wonder even if such a thing is available to us.

Representatives are non-console only
    Twitch rewards are non-console only
    Combat metrics are non-console only
    I get the feeling this is non-console only

Twitch rewards this time where for console too.

Yeah said consoles had to login 1 hour after stream to kill something

The last time I logged into eso from my Xbox for a twitch drop was back in October. I swore the thing said we had four hours to kill something, I killed two things on the third hour, days later got nothing
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are on console, don’t worry, you can acquire the pet AND Crown Crates by simply logging into the game and killing one enemy monster in the hour after the Keynote stream (between 1:00PM EDT and 2:00PM EDT). Console rewards will be delivered on August 28.

What about this? ^^
    That's 3-4am for me. Just a bit unfair.
    Wait what day/time would I have to log in to try and kill an enemy?
    Oh wait nvm, just realized this thread got necro’d

Edited by Reistr_the_Unbroken on February 12, 2019 3:00PM
  • ZOS_RikardD
    ZOS_RikardD
    admin
    Greetings,

We have decided to close this thread as it was originally created in August 2018 and the content is no longer relevant.

Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.