Maintenance for the week of February 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – February 18
• Xbox One: EU megaserver for maintenance – February 20, 4:00AM EST (9:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EST (17:00 UTC)
The Wrathstone DLC Game Pack and Update 21 base game patch are now available to test on the PTS! Read the full patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/454456/

ZOS is giving out a unique pet exclusively to streamer favourites and QuakeCon attendees

Carbonised
Carbonised
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭

Kind of disappointed that ZOS went completely under the radar with this. No news post about it, no official statement. Just a Twitter update that hey, we are giving out this unique pet for people who come to Dallas, and we've given out some codes as well to special streamers to give to their favourite watchers.

Sorry but some of us live on the other side of the globe, and have no way to attend your cons. And this trend of rewarding people who watch streamers is a direction I really disagree with. I couldn't care less about watching some streamer, and I don't see how giving some special streamers exclusive pet codes to hand out to their favourites is a good thing for the game.

Now that you are reviving the loyalty program for ESO+ subs, I expect you to make that pet available as a sub reward as well, you know, for people who actually play the game regularly and pay for both sub and a million other things, as opposed to just befriending someone with a Youtube or Twitch account and hanging out in their Discord chat.
  • modaretto
    modaretto
    ✭✭✭
    it's always happened like that as far as i know, i have one exclusive pet as well, it was one of the first i think, a pig :D got it during the RP convention in cologne in 2015. The good thing is, they release a similar pet anyway that you can get in game just a bit different skin so it is not as bad for people who missed it and it sure is a lot of fun for those who went to the event. That pig was given throughout all events in 2015 i believe, so Europe and US ( don't know where else) had a chance to get it and usually those who go and get it make sure to bring a handful for friends as well ^^ it's good fun but for sure a lot of people will miss out on it. These are the type of things that hard-core collection seekers will try to find on ebay etc and it's possible or was back when I was interested in those collectibles. I don't remember it being announced beforehand
    Watches-the-wind (Templar healer) / PC EU

Dragon's Crest
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool. Good.
  • RedRook
    RedRook
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nifty. I'll be happy to see them in game.
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    do these items confer any special advantage?
    pc eu eso+

paraphrasing soren kierkegaard.... when we look at the forum all we can do is laugh.
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like the huge difference in tone between the official and unofficial tweet illustrates why sponsored content needs carefully-edited official messaging to accompany it.

An otherwise innocent promotion shouldn't rub people the wrong way because it was handled too casually or written like a pop-up ad.
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'll live without it, even if I got it for free I'd still use my Fire Scamp, even at that I'm always in PvP so I dont see my pets so I refer to the first 4 words in this reply
    -PC/EU/AD-
    CP 1000

Former Empress Vex Valentino - Lvl 50 MagSorc - AvA 44
    Vex Valentino V - Lvl 50 MagPlar - AvA 21
    Growls-at-the-Badger - Lvl 50 MagDen - AvA 17
    Streaks into Load Screens - Lvl 50 StamSorc - AvA 18
    Warden Antivirus - Lvl 50 StamDen - AvA 8
    Vèx Valentino - Lvl 50 MagBlade - AvA 2

You might know me as the guy that complains EVERYDAY in TF Vivec at AD
    In Game/Twitter DRaGoN_KoBRa
    7/7/17 The Day I was Banned on the ESO Forums

• Amyxleexownsxu