The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Sorcs - Do you use the Active Effect of Bound Armor?

• Cronopoly
    Cronopoly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    The Skill was gutted. It's basically a passive Slot stealer for Stats now, just what sorcs needed :| ANOTHER one...
  • BuddyAces
    BuddyAces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cronopoly wrote: »
    The Skill was gutted. It's basically a passive Slot stealer for Stats now, just what sorcs needed :| ANOTHER one...

^
    They nerfed magsorcs so hard stamsorcs felt it,lol - Somber97866

I'm blown away by the utter stupidity I see here on the daily. - Wrekkedd
  • DCanadianBacon
    DCanadianBacon
    ✭✭✭
    Yes (Mag)
    It's really only useful on a tanking build. I have a light armor pet sorc tank that does well in vet dungeons, and I slot and use it on my main block bar now rather than Absorb Magicka.

Otherwise, I don't use it for anything other than needing to block the occasional stray heavy attack from a boss on my DPS Sorcs
  • DoobZ69
    DoobZ69
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes (Stam)
    Avran_Sylt wrote: »
    @idk @DoobZ69

I'm tryin' to think of a Sorc Stam Spammable. One method was to have Bound Armaments function as one.

Still keepin' all the passive +5% Max Stam and +11% Light Attack passives for slotting it, but the Active being the player swinging a Bound Sword at the enemy dealing Physical Damage. (Summoning a sword in the midst of the animation of swinging, all spell-slinger like)

(This would mean that the Base Damage of this Spammable would need to be a tad lower than other Spammables to offset the Max Stam and Light Attack Damage Bonuses. I need to get some Good StamSorc parses using the current Meta Setups to give a good estimate on the actual Base Damage though).

My End-Game suggestion would be this:

-Place Bound Armor in the first skill to unlock in the Daedric Summoning Skilline.
    -Remove the Active Effect from Bound Armor, And replace it with passive Minor Resolve/Ward
    -Place the old Active Effect of Bound Armor onto Bound Aegis
    -Turn Bound Armaments Active into the Sorc Stam Instant Spammable.

It shouldn't be a total upgrade apart from the passives it provides, allowing players to actually keep it slotted as a passive effect and slotting other Spammables if they so desire for different Damage Application routes.

While it may sound good on paper I have an issue with this. Sorcerer clearly suffers from a lack of Stamina approach from a DPS as well as a tanking front and this particular suggestion shoehorns tanking even more towards Magicka. Currently, as a shitter StamSorc, Bound Armaments helps me with StamRegen+HPRegen+MaxStam+LightAttackDPS+Blocking which in total helps with tanking. With your change it forces me back towards Aegis completely and gives only DPS a stamina use, which I don't find to be an effective change.
    I have 1 Sorc skill on my "tanking" bar and 2 on my second one and 2 on my third one (not including the Overload ulti). 1 of them is a repeat, so in total I use 4 Sorc skills+1ulti for 17 slots as a Stamina Sorc tank. That to me is a terrible lack of Sorc Stam tanking.
    Sure, ZOS may have aimed for a Sorc to be a magicka tank only, but then they designed tanking to be Stamina heavy which totally gimps the class for that role. Anyway....
  • Ragged_Claw
    Ragged_Claw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    No, three seconds is pointless and it's taking up a slot that could be used for something to make my squishy sorc more survivable, which this skill USED to do. And I miss the lovely glowy eyes and purple mist too. They didn't just nerf a good skill, they nerfed a good look.
    PC EU & NA
  • Kaartinen
    Kaartinen
    ✭✭✭
    No
    No. I miss my purple eyes.
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like this skill more if you could block cast it.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • PocketNova
    PocketNova
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    The only time I use it is by accident if I press the button the skill is assigned to by mistake in the heat of a battle. Otherwise I only have it on my bar for the passive max mag increase.
    PC NA
    Master Angler
    Dressed as Wonder Woman
    Living in Hogwarts
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Worse than useless... Sometimes it wastes Magicka because you hit it by accident!
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    No I only use it for the 8% magicka and the resists it gives.

They should allow a morph so we can choose if we want it to be dps or a tank ability. I'd activate it all the time if it gave a 3 second spell power gain or something like that. Or turn it into a 3 second pulse of aoe damage around the caster.

It's a really boring spell now that people only use for the 8% magicka (unless you're a tank), they even removed the cool look it gave.
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Moloch1514 wrote: »
    I miss the look it gave my vamp.

Same.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno please tell the ZOS team to revert the Visual Effect.
    Give us back our fiery-purple eyes while the ability is slotted.
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Darkmage1337
    GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,800.
  • Houshiki
    Houshiki
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Not really, no, at least not intentionally.

Maybe I could if I spec'd my sorc as a tank. Yes, spec my magsorc... into... a... tank... Ok, bad idea.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes (Mag)
    I think it's a great change. As a magicka Sorcerer tank, (light armor, over 60k magicka and at times only 13k health) I found myself almost unable to survive heavy shield penetrating hits like all new dungeon bosses deliver them and the minotaurs for example.

With this change, I do have enough block mitigation to be a proper tank and survive those block intense moments. Golchabars fountain in Bloodroot and that poison fountain in Scalecaller are a good example as well. And yes, I finally manage to hold my ground against Earthgore :D Who was my most hated boss until then, because all of his charged attacks penetrate shields.
    Edited by Dracane on August 2, 2018 12:07PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    idk wrote: »
    I do not see what the findings of the poll would provide.

If you want to know if I like the recent changes to the skill the answer is yes. It is no longer a toggle required on both bars and required to be active.

@idk Its pretty simple. It’s asking if the new active effect is useful seeing as ZOS went through the trouble of designing and adding it. The answer is largely no. Yes, we all like that it’s not a toggle - even though I’m still not sure how losing 3k stamina and hundreds of regen on bar swap is ok - but there’s still more work to be done.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    idk wrote: »
    I do not see what the findings of the poll would provide.

If you want to know if I like the recent changes to the skill the answer is yes. It is no longer a toggle required on both bars and required to be active.

@idk Its pretty simple. It’s asking if the new active effect is useful seeing as ZOS went through the trouble of designing and adding it. The answer is largely no. Yes, we all like that it’s not a toggle - even though I’m still not sure how losing 3k stamina and hundreds of regen on bar swap is ok - but there’s still more work to be done.

That is not what he is asking. His intent with this poll was to gain support for his suggesting for changing this skill into an active skill for stam users.

He is not even asking if we like the change. Just the narrow view on one particular aspect.
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @idk

Wrong. I am asking: "do you use the 3s of 20% increased block mitigation?"

That is WHAT this poll is. YOU wanted to know the WHY, it is not part of the poll.

Others are free to share their sentiment on the WHAT, and their WHY's, just as I am.
    Edited by Avran_Sylt on August 2, 2018 2:31PM
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    Cronopoly wrote: »

Yeah lol, now we can spam it during the last boss fight in VSO HM to get under 20% magicka and avoid the explosion, awesome !
    Edited by Apherius on August 2, 2018 2:32PM
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    I use to on my mag sorc when it was a toggle. Loved the defensive boon and animation aesthetic it provided.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @idk

Wrong. I am asking: "do you use the 3s of 20% increased block mitigation?"

That is WHAT this poll is. YOU wanted to know the WHY, it is not part of the poll.

Others are free to share their sentiment on the WHAT, and their WHY's, just as I am.

Interesting since the quote below is from the first page of this thread. This is in my response questioning the purpose of this threads poll.
    @idk @DoobZ69

I'm tryin' to think of a Sorc Stam Spammable. One method was to have Bound Armaments function as one.

Edit: BTW, anyone can look at the entire post this quote came from. It is on the first page of this thread. That will show I did not take anything out of context.
    Edited by idk on August 2, 2018 3:04PM
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @idk

Yes. A thread, a discussion... about the poll itself.

The poll is not the comments below it. The question in the OP (Original Post, the actual poll), simply asks about the Active. "Do you use it?" Nothing more.

Would you have preferred it if there was a method to disable comments for poll posts?
    Edited by Avran_Sylt on August 2, 2018 3:05PM
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @idk

My INTENT, my WHY, was to see if people use the damned skill. Since I barely play Sorc at all. Let alone a Sorc-Tank.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Sorc DPS, only time I use it is by accident.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @idk

Yes. A thread, a discussion... about the poll itself.

The poll is not the comments below it. The question in the OP (Original Post, the actual poll), simply asks about the Active. Nothing more.

Would you have preferred it if there was a method to disable comments for poll posts?

Your response, you tagged me in it. seems to be answering my statement that I did not see what the findings of this poll provide.

So it does not seem the discussion veers far from the point of the topic or poll.

Edit: I would suggest a cease to arguing with me and your words in this thread. It does not help your thread and veers it off topic. Just a suggestion.
    Edited by idk on August 2, 2018 3:14PM
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    While I run Bound Aegis on both bars, a mere 3 seconds of 20% block mitigation at a cost of 3400+ magicka is pretty useless to my MagSorc.
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    Dracane wrote: »
    I think it's a great change. As a magicka Sorcerer tank, (light armor, over 60k magicka and at times only 13k health) I found myself almost unable to survive heavy shield penetrating hits like all new dungeon bosses deliver them and the minotaurs for example.

With this change, I do have enough block mitigation to be a proper tank and survive those block intense moments. Golchabars fountain in Bloodroot and that poison fountain in Scalecaller are a good example as well. And yes, I finally manage to hold my ground against Earthgore :D Who was my most hated boss until then, because all of his charged attacks penetrate shields.

Yeah, on a Sorc tank this may be interesting.

It's sad we lost the animation for this, they could have added the old aegis animation when you active the skill during 3 sec( the xyvkin/daedric armor, remember ? ) , and keep the glow when it's on your bar.

They could add more unique thing to sorc tank i believe, one of the unused morph of the unused skill called " encase " could immbobilize enemy and make them attract each other = aoe grab, use it in different direction and they will be grab on the first ennemy who got affected by encase since it does not apply a debuff like choking talons.
    Edited by Apherius on August 2, 2018 3:41PM