The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sorcs - Do you use the Active Effect of Bound Armor?

• Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes (Mag)
    Only when soloing something & I don't have enough stam to roll dodge a heavy.
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • sevomd69
    sevomd69
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes (Stam)
    Only time I've used it is downstairs in Cloudrest, when I can't make it to the whirlwinds to port up to a ledge...I time it and hit it and block...works pretty well in situations like that...
  • Coatmagic
    Coatmagic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    ... erm not on purpose *damn fingers xD
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes (Both)
    When I press it by mistake & then curse at myself for wasting stam/mag
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    No, well not on purpose, anyway.

It's intended more as a Sorc Tank morph.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Half my sorc skills aren't unlocked as most are useless. These two are included in the list.

Bound armor. For 3 seconds.

What a joke.

• mistermacintosh
    mistermacintosh
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Anyone use (not just bar, use) any of the fighter's or mage's guild actives other than trap beast, meteor, or dawnbreaker?

It's pretty much inner light. Just another skill along for the ride... not really actively doing anything for ya. Just hanging out.

Think of it as a pet I guess. Give it a nick-name. Pretend to feed it... I don't know...
    Legalize Nirnroot!

Mac User, NA Server (CP810+, PVE focused):
    Magicka Templar Ra the Everlasting (Level 50 - Main Character)
    Stamina Sorcerer Khazaka-ri (Level 50 - Crafter)
    Dragonknight Tank Skalda Flamewreath (Level 50)
    Pet Sorcerer Hellias Ocume (Level 50)
    Magicka Necromancer Socelon (Level 4)

Templar Healer Mends-Through-Panic (Level 50)
    Stamina Nightblade Adanna-daro (Level 50)
    Stamina Warden Marely Sprigs (Level 50)
    Stamina Dragonknight Ursula Trollcalmer (Level 50)
    Stamina Necromancer Daengeval (Level 4)

Stamina Templar Cornellus Graves (Level 50)
    Warden Healer Pays-For-Luxury (Level 50)
    Magicka Sorcerer Sophia Flash (Level 50)
    Magicka Dragonknight Cinvalo Aloavel (Level 50)
    Magicka Nightblade Esmerelda the Cruel (Level 50)
  • Ladislao
    Ladislao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    dethbl00ms wrote: »
    Anyone use (not just bar, use) any of the fighter's or mage's guild actives other than trap beast, meteor, or dawnbreaker?

It's pretty much inner light. Just another skill along for the ride... not really actively doing anything for ya. Just hanging out.

Think of it as a pet I guess. Give it a nick-name. Pretend to feed it... I don't know...

Entropy, Equilibrium are actively used skills.
    Magelight, Silver Bolts, Circle of Protection are useful in some situations.
    Expert Hunter, Fire Rune are two of ten skills you are talking about.
    Everything is viable
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avran_Sylt wrote: »
    @idk @DoobZ69

I'm tryin' to think of a Sorc Stam Spammable. One method was to have Bound Armaments function as one.

Still keepin' all the passive +5% Max Stam and +11% Light Attack passives for slotting it, but the Active being the player swinging a Bound Sword at the enemy dealing Physical Damage. (Summoning a sword in the midst of the animation of swinging, all spell-slinger like)

(This would mean that the Base Damage of this Spammable would need to be a tad lower than other Spammables to offset the Max Stam and Light Attack Damage Bonuses. I need to get some Good StamSorc parses using the current Meta Setups to give a good estimate on the actual Base Damage though).

My End-Game suggestion would be this:

-Place Bound Armor in the first skill to unlock in the Daedric Summoning Skilline.
    -Remove the Active Effect from Bound Armor, And replace it with passive Minor Resolve/Ward
    -Place the old Active Effect of Bound Armor onto Bound Aegis
    -Turn Bound Armaments Active into the Sorc Stam Instant Spammable.

It shouldn't be a total upgrade apart from the passives it provides, allowing players to actually keep it slotted as a passive effect and slotting other Spammables if they so desire for different Damage Application routes.

This clearly shows you are not looking at he entire picture with your ideas which is required to think of something worthy of consideration.

1. You would need to determine the active affect you want to reduce by removing it is not useful or used (mostly would be used by tanks). You cannot really do that in the forums and the poll you created is rather useless for it.
    2. You are creating a spamable for stam and making the stam skill rather OP (having it increase all damage and light attacks plus having it be a spamable. Certainly seems a little OP unless we are making the spamable damage rather low.
    3. Pretty much dismissing the magsorc in this which certainly says what is being considered is rather skewed to ones own interests which generally means consideration is from a narrow point of view, not looking at the big picture.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I miss my sorc’s glowy eyes. :(

ROurToP.jpg
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    the actives useless to the point i never use it. its durations way to short to even bother to use it. zenimax really just nerfed it and decided to try and replace with a worthless ability upgrade
  • Cerbolt
    Cerbolt
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Sometimes I use it when I'm out of combat just because I miss the glowy effect. But I never use it for the for the block mitigation.
    Edited by Cerbolt on August 1, 2018 3:07PM
    AD - For the Queen!
    PSEU: Relaryn - Altmer Vampblade | Kazhran - Khajiit Stamsorc | Khahan-ra - Khajiit Magplar | Ra'ban - Khajiit MagDK | Gaelhwen - Bosmer Stamden

PCEU: Kazhran - Khajiit Stamsorc | Khahan-ra - Khajiit Stamplar | Relaryn - Altmer Vampblade
  • mikemacon
    mikemacon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes (Mag)
    Yes, when the occasion warrants in PVP. Helps mitigate the cost of blocking.
  • Lord_Sando
    Lord_Sando
    ✭✭✭
    Yes (Stam)
    Best used on meteors or after an incap (if it does not stun you) also helps against Jesus beam. all of these situations are PVP i cant say for PVE.
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @idk

1. A stam cost for a stam cost (blocking) seems counter-intuitive, though the effects have some place in the game.
    2. I mention that the Spammable base damage would need to be lower to accomodate that, I need some StamSorc parses to get the right number. All of which I noted.
    3. Please view this thread for my idea about the MagSorc Spammable
    Edited by Avran_Sylt on August 1, 2018 4:01PM
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I don't understand its position in the skill tree. It's the last one you get and totally worthless.
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • Potenza
    Potenza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if its on your bar, and you dont use it when blocking - your missing out. It doesnt cost much and its a quick hit of the button when blocking and it help you. I wouldnt slot for that specifically but if its on you bar anyway, you should use it.
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Lol, no. Passive 11% light attack buff, that is all. I also only use it in situations where ZOS has screwed up the mechanics so bad that my pets die every cycle like vSO. So.... lots of fails for ZOS.
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
  • Ihatenightblades
    Ihatenightblades
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    I dislike accidently pressing it and wasting stam

L2p ;)
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avran_Sylt wrote: »
    @idk

1. A stam cost for a stam cost (blocking) seems counter-intuitive, though the effects have some place in the game.
    2. I mention that the Spammable base damage would need to be lower to accomodate that, I need some StamSorc parses to get the right number. All of which I noted.
    3. Please view this thread for my idea about the MagSorc Spammable

1. that thread is pretty much irrelevant. Most did not like the idea to begin with. Pointing out you had posted an unfavorable idea does not strengthen this idea.
    2. it does not make sense to have one morph perform like a totally different skill than the other morph. I can think of only one skill in the game that does that but it was that way before one morph was made into the stam choice.
  • troomar
    troomar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes (tank), but only in trials.
    Yes.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    The crazy thing in this poll is half the yes people are doing it for cosmetics........

Unsure that helps balance a skills use!!!!
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Beardimus

You'd actually be surprised how good VFX on abilities can impact their usage, especially on casual players.

It is most certainly not something to be ignored. (Not in terms of DPS and use cases, mind you)
    Edited by Avran_Sylt on August 2, 2018 8:56AM
  • Mintaka5
    Mintaka5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Violynne wrote: »
    Half my sorc skills aren't unlocked as most are useless. These two are included in the list.

Bound armor. For 3 seconds.

What a joke.

Yup a sad dark joke at that. Sorc skills are trash. Everything has to have a workaround to be effective, and makes the magsorc build absolutely garbage. What role does a magsorc have nowadays anyhow? Subpar DPS, and a half-assed healer or tank. It's basically why everyone runs NB or DK, and Templar when they can't queue for dungeons in less than 5 minutes.
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    It’s just a passive source now for me, I have enough trouble remembering to keep the crit heal and major sorcery skills up, there is no way I’m going to faff around with a 3 second buff :D
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @idk

1. Regardless of the reception I wanted to point out that MagSorc wasn't forgotten.
    2. Fair point. Unless ZoS decides to cram more skills into skill-lines past 5, can't say I have an easy solution for that. Though tbh I think that having morphs act more as path choices would allow for more avenues of balance, by restricting potentially absurd combinations of skills. This is largely subjective though.
  • Sasyk
    Sasyk
    ✭✭✭
    No
    I never use it because the active effect is complete trash.
    Sasyk Ik-ce - Spacey Ricochet - Swaggette - Andrea Ik-ce - Avari Lebe - Rubi Malone - Amaryllis Fox - Sergeant Moxy - Moon Unit Zoey - Retro Betty - Emmanuelle Sinclair
    Nightfighters - Sempiternal Way - Macro and Cheese
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    The duration is insanely short.

It's a great idea for an added effect, but I don't really see a place for it. I'd love to know if there's an endgame PvE scenario that actually benefits from using the bound armor active.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • Dymence
    Dymence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Might be the worst active skill effect in the game. 3 second block mitigation at the cost of 4k magicka. Just ridiculous.