Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Patch Notes v4.1.3

• Baz
    Baz
    ✭✭✭
    Vesper_BR wrote: »
    Dk fossilize combo with leap can be blocked if u cc break fast enough

You can combo Shooting Star + Fossilize exactly like sorc combo. :*

Rune Cage is the last weapon against rolly polly stamNB. Nerf it, and the rolly polly plague will be worst than never.
    vAA : 150.350 WS StamBlade
    vSO : 171.041 CwC StamSorc
    vHRC : 155.895 DB Tank
    vMoL : 159.672 CwC Stamplar
    vHoF : 206.667 MkM StamNB
    vAS : 111.272 MkM Magplar
    vCR : 128.397 WS MagSorc
    Mostly retired from PvE ESO
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DuskMarine wrote: »
    balance changes??? where they at?
    Dawg I’m telling you they ain’t coming.
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    sad that there still going to nerf traitors vault :(
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baz wrote: »

Rune Cage is the last weapon against rolly polly stamNB. Nerf it, and the rolly polly plague will be worst than never.

Other the. Fossilize being 8 meters and runecage not....
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zer0oo wrote: »
    Can we not make sloads only trigger from direct damage or maybe heavy attacks only and not from everything. It still will proc way too easy. As soon as you have somekind of dot on you it will proc.

And from melee distance, it'll be impossible to see it coming and react
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dude meteor and fosszile < endless fury, rune cage, meteor, curse, frag, and possible secondary excute. Use some common sense. On top of fossilize having to be aimed and melee where as rune cage is ranged and easier to cast.
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is gonna be more right?
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    I honestly don't know how the combat team spends their days.

Playing fortnite or something probably. That seems to be the trend these days. They still remember to fix nightblades whenever it has a problem though ,so its kinda obvious what the devs play when they're not busy playing fortnite.

meanwhile the ''fixed'' noxious breath seems to be still missing on cloak spamming nightblades for some reason. Why should I even slot this ability if its not gonna hit %80 of the time?
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on July 31, 2018 3:12AM
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    typically balance changes happen every other week on the pts, every other (non balance) week is focused on bug fixes and tweaks

Said that last week and the week before that and the last pts cycle.
    Power Wealth And Influence.
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ManDraKE wrote: »
    what happend with making Rune cage doggeable? that was said on ESO live

Still planning on making this change, it just isn't in this patch.

So the ability will cost almost 4k magicka, is dodgeable and deals no damage? Sorcs will be again forced to farm vDSA to get a decent stun...
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • Vesper_BR
    Vesper_BR
    ✭✭✭
    zParallaxz wrote: »

Dude meteor and fosszile < endless fury, rune cage, meteor, curse, frag, and possible secondary excute. Use some common sense. On top of fossilize having to be aimed and melee where as rune cage is ranged and easier to cast.

Thanks....

It's disgusting hearing people defending rune Cage these days...
    VESPER BR - MAGICKA DRAGONKNIGHT - GRAND OVERLORD + FLAWLESS CONQUEROR (1070 CP / 01-01-2018)
    XBOX ONE - NA - EBONHEART PACT BRASIL
  • Cuthceol
    Cuthceol
    ✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    World

Werewolf
    Pack Leader: Fixed an issue where it was possible to have more than two direwolves active at the same time.

Ty !

For those who wonder what the bug looked like, here´s a picture (9 doggos)
    [img][/img]RJho5k3.jpg

I find it interesting this gets fixed before it leaves PTS but the bug that prevented the wolves respawning lasted two years
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So the ability will cost almost 4k magicka, is dodgeable and deals no damage? Sorcs will be again forced to farm vDSA to get a decent stun...

You don’t need masters staff to use DR... it will stun just the same as it would with the staff or without. The only thing masters staff does is make it your spammable and allow you to drop force pulse.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    World

Werewolf
    Pack Leader: Fixed an issue where it was possible to have more than two direwolves active at the same time.

Ty !

For those who wonder what the bug looked like, here´s a picture (9 doggos)
    [img][/img]RJho5k3.jpg

I find it interesting this gets fixed before it leaves PTS but the bug that prevented the wolves respawning lasted two years

Thing is that this bug came with several other "features" such as:
    * Howl being un-able to hit enemies
    * Being stuck on WW-bar even when transformed back to human form

Also,try to imagine a group of 4-5 werewolfs with an additional 9 wolf-companions at their side, I can´t imagine how much worse the server performance would be. We also have to remember the DLC is focused around werewolfs more or less, hence the priority of it getting fixed, but otherwise I agree with you.

Personally this is what I think a "pack-leader" should look like ;)
    Edited by Qbiken on July 31, 2018 8:54AM
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    usmcjdking wrote: »
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    helios777 wrote: »

Hi @ManDraKE 2 other classes have unblockable undodgeable CC, quit crying and L2P plox. thx. As a crippled mDK I've never died 1v1 to a sorc because of rune cage, what's your issue???

2 other classes can't time 20k worth of burst from 41m.

Warden and Templar? DK absolutely can with HA/Stone Giant/Take Flight. It's not efficient and hardly ever works but it absolutely exists and 10/10 worth it for the luls.

I meant an uncounterable combo from 41m.

The DK uncounterable timed combo is/was melee so can be pressured into messing up timing, and now can miss too. It was timed foo/foss/breath/whip/power so that the breath, whip, foss break and FOO along with probably a skoria and a few dot ticks hit within about 1.5s.

But since the root has easy immunity now and whip can be prevented or dodged it kinda sucks. Used to be good way back when since whip was undodgable and people normally ran shuffle, so no precast immunity like momentum, so they'd be rooted and try to roll, then get blown up by breath/powerlash/skoria. Breath automatically revealed from cloak too, so if you used it you'd still get blown up. The only counter was break free quick and block.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • ChRiS_the_GaMeR
    ChRiS_the_GaMeR
    ✭✭✭
    I think the biggest problem is not rune cage, it's the waiting time in between updates.
    I mean just read the forum or the ingame flavor of the month comments, it's the same every patch.

In my opinion it's normal that there will always be something considered "op" from the community. One patch it's a set like Viper or now sloads, another month it's a class like stam warden and then it's a skill like rune cage now.

The point is that it doesn't even matter how "op" or broken something is because the community will get angry anyway if they always feel zos don't care. And we do feel like that if we always have to wait for something to get looked at until the next update and if the fix that is getting added then isn't enough at that time, we have to wait another 3-4 months.

I do understand that there never will be the "perfect" balance but I don't understand why balance always has to be bound to content updates. I mean the game has a PTS, why only use it for content updates? If there is something so broken like Viper, Sloads, the destro ulti then it released, or rune cage now, why not trying to get a fix in between updates?

I don't know how easy or difficult it is to fix something or if zos just don't have the resources but the above is a reason why many think zos is stubborn. I don't think they are, they are the developers working on their game every day, we are just gamers .. so in the end I think they see the big picture that we don't see.

The question i find to aks myself all the time is: Do they really don't see specific things or do they don't want to see them?

Let's take the snare change for example. People say snares are to strong since what, a year? People do give suggestions and are explaining what the problem is. Now after ages we get something done about it but it won't fix what was communicated long time ago. It just looks like they throw something at us really carefully to see if it's enough to make us stop crying.

Yeah many people are happy and say it's a right step, but why only a right step, why not going all in? The problem is known a shorter duration might sound good but they are still stackable because there is no major/minor system and you still can be snared 100% of the time.

And now rune cage .... lets just ignore the dk fossilize and nb fear comparison + why sorcerers combo is stronger for a second and just look at the idea of making it dodgeable:

The ideal combo that is considered as to strong is curse + fury + frags + meteor + rune cage ... meteor is NOT dodgeable, you can block it but rune cage is both. If its dodgeable you won't change anything about that specific combo because if you try to block the meteor, everything stays the same. If you see the meteor and try to dodge the incoming rune cage you will get hit and stuned from the following meteor while doing the role dodge ...

Sorry for the text wall and sorry if my english is bad, but I think the game we love won't move forward if we are always stuck in the same loop patch after patch because we are always looking at specific problems and not the big picture and whats causing them.
  • Vesper_BR
    Vesper_BR
    ✭✭✭

And now rune cage ....

why sorcerers combo is stronger for a second and just look at the idea of making it dodgeable:

The ideal combo that is considered as to strong is curse + fury + frags + meteor + rune cage ... meteor is NOT dodgeable, you can block it but rune cage is both. If its dodgeable you won't change anything about that specific combo because if you try to block the meteor, everything stays the same. If you see the meteor and try to dodge the incoming rune cage you will get hit and stuned from the following meteor while doing the role dodge ...

Everyone knows that... But for the reasons we may already know... They act like we are stupid and bring solutions that will not solve anything at all....

Sometimes I fell really stupid trying to understand what have no logic...
    VESPER BR - MAGICKA DRAGONKNIGHT - GRAND OVERLORD + FLAWLESS CONQUEROR (1070 CP / 01-01-2018)
    XBOX ONE - NA - EBONHEART PACT BRASIL
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »

You don’t need masters staff to use DR... it will stun just the same as it would with the staff or without. The only thing masters staff does is make it your spammable and allow you to drop force pulse.

Who is running Reach without a master staff? Seriously?
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shame.
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Good luck if you think you can compete without a master staff and DR as stun. The sorc with the staff can just slot Ele Drain and roll over you. Ehehehe it will be better to not use a stun at all on sorc (if you don't have a vDSA staff) instead of slotting Rune Cage, that's how balance and build diversity looks like *head -> desk*.
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • bpmachete
    bpmachete
    ✭✭✭
    Xael wrote: »

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Are you going to give us back our old Crystal Frag then?
    The big selling point of Rune Cage was it working against dodge roll. This feature made the ability much more attractive than the obvious Flame Reach replacement all Sorc’s we’re forced to use for on demand CC. If you make this change to Rune Cage most people are going back to Reach. At least with Reach you can use it on a CC immune player, do damage and apply a dot.

Right now on any stam class I can roll dodge for extended periods against groups of players. Rune Cage currently is an excellent counter to this play-style almost all stam medium armor players use.

Just revert the change to crystal frag already.

Crystal Frag was dodgeable.
  • bpmachete
    bpmachete
    ✭✭✭

I agree that Rune Cage should not be dodgeable at all times, even though I'm gonna be on stam builds almost always and this benefits me.

I think it would be better to just nerf the range to like 10m for undodgeable unblockable, and from beyond 10m then make it dodgeable AND blockable so that magic classes can see it coming and block. It can just do the damage instantaneously if blocked.

Edited by bpmachete on July 31, 2018 1:30PM
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bpmachete wrote: »

I agree that Rune Cage should not be dodgeable even though I'm gonna be on stam builds almost always and this benefits me. I think it would be better to just nerf the range to like 10m.

Scattershot it? I say make both skills 20m
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

This. You either block the meteor and hope the sorc gets his rune cage timing wrong, or dodge the rune cage and eat the meteor and then maybe have to cc break a mis-timed rune cage afterwards anyway.

So it's a nerf that doesn't even resolve the pain point.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Siege Shield: This ability and its morphs now reduce the damage you take from siege attacks by 50%, originally 35%."

You realize this buffs Ball Groups right?

They're usually the only one who run this abilities, Randoms can't have dedicated people running it.

That is correct.
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There are still multiple OP item sets and abilities and a broken CC immunity system after 3 PTS incremental patches(break free doesn't work or there is a need to use it like 3/4 times until breaking free, prime example: rune cage, roots immunity doesn't always apply: Perfect example: Dark Talons. Oblivion damage is still OP, the list goes on.).
    Overall, since proc sets were introduced the game's combat balance went downhill and there is still much way to go until reaching it's end.

The developers had 2 choices:
    1. Introduce 1 click and win game(proc sets, OP abilities).
    2. Make the game more balanced.
    They have chosen option #1.
    Most chances that we will continue to see existing & new OP sets being introduced and different abilities being OP or useless.
    Game developers around the world should take this mess as a lesson how to not build their game.
    I'm disappointed, I wish that the developers would have taken the all game balancing more seriously.
    I respect the game developers and ESO has huge potential but the current game's combat balance is just ridiculous and in need of an urgent fix.
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭

lol - Leased you're not a magden. we have to farm that crap if we want a ranged CC and all we end up with is a frost staff and no burst to back it up.
  • nemvar
    nemvar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Liam12548 wrote: »
    ultimate disappearing (looking at YOU, dawnbreaker)

When I read that all I could only think about this.
    montiferus wrote: »
    Dawnbreaker o Dawnbreaker how you vex me so..
    I call forth your presence only to wonder where did you go..
    With my enemy clearly in sight
    I call forth your power to righteously smite
    As I begin to celebrate my victory I quickly realize
    Curse the gods you did not materialize!
    FU ZOS

The end...
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno , quick question because I haven't seen it in any patch updates and at least at face value it seems like a quick fix:

Any clarification if a fix is in the works for the Artaeum Takeaway Broth working with Bone Pirate or Green Pact? Currently, the consumable is classified as a drink on live, but doesn't work with either of the aforementioned sets. There's also a UI bug that says it gives max magicka and magicka recovery like the Clockwork Citrus Fillet, but it's just a UI bug.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • CurvedSwords123
    CurvedSwords123
    ✭✭✭
    Can you show Stamsorcs some love please? We are super undertuned in PvP.