The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

ESO PVP is a Joke < ! >

• amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Game was made for PvP fyi.

But what you're talking about is the power creep

There was a time when a single attack dealing 7k was unheard-of

Pepole forgets that it was "made", in the past.
    The awsome developers that made pvp without back then, got fired on launch if i remember right.
    Since then PVP has known only sandness.
    Edited by amir412 on July 3, 2018 8:03AM
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP has become a joke but I wish it was from gear because that can be attempted to be balanced and I’m ok with skill level discrepancy as that means there’s some depth to it.

For me; it’s Cyrodiil that I find offers something more unique in RvRVR for now. Problem is PC/NA we have 1 overstuffed campaign with horrendous lag, then the rest of the campaigns CP or not, Max level or not; that all it takes is a good size group to show up and it becomes immediately lopsided.

So it’s lag from hell or PvDoor the map/get run over by who is, then just fringe chances of getting smaller fights at resources or ganking, not doing anything that really matters.
    Options
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    being able to be on full offense while in full offense (like dealing damage behind an absorb shield, casting while blocking, heavy armor and shield going full damage, etc) make pvp suck so much
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
    Options
  • ItsNebula
    ItsNebula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didnt even read the whole post, after reading the title i went to the ER with severe brain damage, got a diagnostic and the docs told me that after just reading the title, a quarter of my brain has dissolved.

To me, it sounds like you're the typical bad zergling. You get 1vX'd, you call them a cheater and go cry that PvP is broken on the forums. PvP is about skill. 50% skill, 40% knowledge, 10% build. I can throw together a really sloppy build on my MagSorc and still kill bad players. I can throw on Stamina sets on my MagSorc and still kill bad players. How? Because i know the game. I have the skill too, i have the knowledge too. And because theyre bad.

You cant get 1 shotted in this day and age of ESO, and if you do, you're actually, very.. very.. very.. VERY bad. Damage has been nerfed so much since the beginning of PvP. Now, its possible for some builds to get 2-3 shot against gankers or whatever. But never a 1 shot.

Just learn to PvP, learn that theyre are a LOT of players in PvP that are better than you. Hell, im a great PvPer, ive gotten plenty of 1vX's, 2vX's etc, and i know theyre are still a lot of better players than me.

Im good, and others are good, because we put the TIME and EFFORT to be good. Sure, gear is apart of PvP. But how do we get the gear? We earn it, whether it be putting hours and hours into farming it, then we EARNED it, or we put time into farming gold to buy the mats to craft gear, or time into farming mats to craft gear.

Pretty neat on how far you can get into the game when you put time and effort into it. Just like real life. Put time and effort in, youll get what you want out of it (Most of the time)

Get experience with PvP before you come crying to the forums, please.

Now, off to get brain surgery again. Thanks forums.

Ill send you my hospital bill
    Options
  • ItsNebula
    ItsNebula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    I don't play ESO anymore but it's always good times to see where this game was and is going. Being a Day1 player on console "That's June 9th 2015, for the people that don't know."

It's interesting to see the comments, about validating ESO PvP combat system. From what I know about other mmos PvP/RvRs, ESO is not even close to it.

To 1vX your dreams really quick I will say this.

Why do you think ESOs PvP is not an Esport ?

I mean that is, true skill in gaming and 100% real recognition with sponsors, and making real money right ?

Does anybody know, why it is not ? I will let the next few comments, push that knowledge and wisdom of why it will never be.

1 year from now hopefully I will not see the same posts by the same people. Progression should be in every game.

What MMO actually is an e-sport? This is no MOBA

World Of Warcraft.. did you really just ask that question?
    Options
  • bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ItsNebula wrote: »
    Didnt even read the whole post, after reading the title i went to the ER with severe brain damage, got a diagnostic and the docs told me that after just reading the title, a quarter of my brain has dissolved.

To me, it sounds like you're the typical bad zergling. You get 1vX'd, you call them a cheater and go cry that PvP is broken on the forums. PvP is about skill. 50% skill, 40% knowledge, 10% build. I can throw together a really sloppy build on my MagSorc and still kill bad players. I can throw on Stamina sets on my MagSorc and still kill bad players. How? Because i know the game. I have the skill too, i have the knowledge too. And because theyre bad.

You cant get 1 shotted in this day and age of ESO, and if you do, you're actually, very.. very.. very.. VERY bad. Damage has been nerfed so much since the beginning of PvP. Now, its possible for some builds to get 2-3 shot against gankers or whatever. But never a 1 shot.

Just learn to PvP, learn that theyre are a LOT of players in PvP that are better than you. Hell, im a great PvPer, ive gotten plenty of 1vX's, 2vX's etc, and i know theyre are still a lot of better players than me.

Im good, and others are good, because we put the TIME and EFFORT to be good. Sure, gear is apart of PvP. But how do we get the gear? We earn it, whether it be putting hours and hours into farming it, then we EARNED it, or we put time into farming gold to buy the mats to craft gear, or time into farming mats to craft gear.

Pretty neat on how far you can get into the game when you put time and effort into it. Just like real life. Put time and effort in, youll get what you want out of it (Most of the time)

This!
    Options
  • Sylosi
    Sylosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ItsNebula wrote: »

This is exactly why people laugh at deluded MMORPG players when they go on about "skill", hint: in skilled games the idea that you are skilled by beating bad players is laughable, if the game was anything other than a joke in terms of skilled play then you wouldn't even be facing bad players in the first place.

Edited by Sylosi on July 4, 2018 10:21AM
    Options