The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Helping make unique builds.

• RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DocFrost72

Thanks for doing this. I've always tried all the different types of builds you posted and it works like a charm.
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
  • Bleakraven
    Bleakraven
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hybrid DK tank, greatsword and sword+shield. Fire and flashyness is a must. For vet dungeons :smirk:
  • Thorstienn
    Thorstienn
    ✭✭✭
    Bleakraven wrote: »
    Hybrid DK tank, greatsword and sword+shield. Fire and flashyness is a must. For vet dungeons :smirk:

Do you mean a DPS/tank hybrid? If so, more of a focus on Vet tanking, or DPS? Or are a few "swap out items/skills/food Ok?
  • Prabooo
    Prabooo
    ✭✭✭✭
    @DocFrost72 Nord DK Tank - please give me an idea for crafted armor sets for this build, thank you!
  • Thorstienn
    Thorstienn
    ✭✭✭
    Prabooo wrote: »
    @DocFrost72 Nord DK Tank - please give me an idea for crafted armor sets for this build, thank you!

Don't know your exact build, but I ran 5 piece hist bark, 4 piece Alessias bulwark with Diagna Jewelry (alikhir dolmens) on my dk tank for the longest time: even in Vet, and only crafted to CP150!
    Hope that helps
  • Prabooo
    Prabooo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thorstienn wrote: »
    Prabooo wrote: »

Don't know your exact build, but I ran 5 piece hist bark, 4 piece Alessias bulwark with Diagna Jewelry (alikhir dolmens) on my dk tank for the longest time: even in Vet, and only crafted to CP150!
    Hope that helps

thanks!
  • Saccarius
    Saccarius
    ✭✭✭
    Hey @DocFrost72

I might be asking a bit much but here goes:

High Elf Stamplar who mains a 2H, and is best suited to soloing overland, dolmens, world bosses, public dungeons and maybe the odd easy group dungeon but also has high enough DPS to not be a drag in vet dungeons when grouped up.

I'm fine using anything on the back bar and I don't mind levelling DW for use over 2H for vet content if I have to but I don't want to have to keep switching morphs if possible and I really want the 2H to be at the centerpiece of the build. I made my 2H elf on a whim and he looks awesome and I just want to play him that way instead of sticking him with a staff or DW+Bow.

Sets have to be crafted/overland/monster or dungeon (preferably not DLC dungeon). No trials sets. Maelstroms weapons are fine but not DSA.

CP is 400

Thanks if you can help :smiley:

Edit: Here he is for inspiration:

xmpaYRq.png
    Edited by Saccarius on June 24, 2018 12:25PM
    saccarius | PC | EU
    Almost master crafter
    Altoholic and decorating neophyte.
    Say hello, I'll say hello back.
    Gaymer
  • Thorstienn
    Thorstienn
    ✭✭✭
    @Saccarius
    2H on Stamplar isn't really an issue: We can just swap a DoT for an Execute!
    High Elf will mostly effect sustain, and a bit of a DPS loss from Max Resources, but not big deal outside of "meta min/maxing."

Monster: Kra'gh is easy to get from Vet Fungal Grotto1(easiest), but ideally you want Stormfist (sustain and better damage) from Vet Tempest Island (still not too hard).
    Crafted: 5 Pieces Hundings Rage inc Weapons
    Overland: 5 pieces Spriggans (Bangkorai) inc Jewelry. (this will give some great pen to get to cap)
    Want all pieces in Divines, and either 1 of the monster pieces in Heavy with Health enchant. (alternatively you can craft the Heavy Chest for Hundings). Keep rings robust with Stamina Recovery; can adjust in time if you find sustain no issue.
    2H: Nirn/Infused/Precise with poison enchant.
    Bow: Infused with Weapon Damage enchant.

Mundus: Warrior

Food: Will pretty much NEED dubious Cameron Throne as sustain is a problem with High Elf Stam.

Attributes: After you have gear, apply CP, and consume Food; Apply to health until you reach 18K (up to 20K if you want a bit more buffer), then the rest to Stamina. Adjust this when you get undaunted Mettle passive from Undaunted skill line.

Skills:
    2h: Power of the Light, Trap Beast, Biting Jabs (Spam), Executioner/Reverse Slice (under 25% on enemies instead of Jabs: Morph up to you.), Rally/Vigor (If you PVP and want more healing). Ult: Flawless Dawnbreaker

Bow: Endless Hail, Poison Injection, Caltrops (Ritual of Retribution if you don't PVP), Repentance (for Mobs. For World Bosses: Rune Focus), Blazing Spear. Ult: Ballista

CP:
    Green: Get 75 in Mooncalf, then 75 in Tenacity, after is preference.
    Red: Aim for split between Ironclad, Thick Skinned, Hardy and Elemental Defender. At Max CP, look up any Stamina Build.
    Blue: 44 in Piercing, then an mix in Thaumaturge, Mighty and Precise Strikes (I will try to do more testing later to get this better for you)

Hopefully that helps and fits the bill.

P.S: If interested (as you are a High Elf) I have an idea for a 2H Magplar build, which I will test later today, so you could have front bar Greatsword and back bar Flame Staff!

• Saccarius
    Saccarius
    ✭✭✭
    @Saccarius
    2H on Stamplar isn't really an issue: We can just swap a DoT for an Execute!
    High Elf will mostly effect sustain, and a bit of a DPS loss from Max Resources, but not big deal outside of "meta min/maxing."

Monster: Kra'gh is easy to get from Vet Fungal Grotto1(easiest), but ideally you want Stormfist (sustain and better damage) from Vet Tempest Island (still not too hard).
    Crafted: 5 Pieces Hundings Rage inc Weapons
    Overland: 5 pieces Spriggans (Bangkorai) inc Jewelry. (this will give some great pen to get to cap)
    Want all pieces in Divines, and either 1 of the monster pieces in Heavy with Health enchant. (alternatively you can craft the Heavy Chest for Hundings). Keep rings robust with Stamina Recovery; can adjust in time if you find sustain no issue.
    2H: Nirn/Infused/Precise with poison enchant.
    Bow: Infused with Weapon Damage enchant.

Mundus: Warrior

Food: Will pretty much NEED dubious Cameron Throne as sustain is a problem with High Elf Stam.

Attributes: After you have gear, apply CP, and consume Food; Apply to health until you reach 18K (up to 20K if you want a bit more buffer), then the rest to Stamina. Adjust this when you get undaunted Mettle passive from Undaunted skill line.

Skills:
    2h: Power of the Light, Trap Beast, Biting Jabs (Spam), Executioner/Reverse Slice (under 25% on enemies instead of Jabs: Morph up to you.), Rally/Vigor (If you PVP and want more healing). Ult: Flawless Dawnbreaker

Bow: Endless Hail, Poison Injection, Caltrops (Ritual of Retribution if you don't PVP), Repentance (for Mobs. For World Bosses: Rune Focus), Blazing Spear. Ult: Ballista

CP:
    Green: Get 75 in Mooncalf, then 75 in Tenacity, after is preference.
    Red: Aim for split between Ironclad, Thick Skinned, Hardy and Elemental Defender. At Max CP, look up any Stamina Build.
    Blue: 44 in Piercing, then an mix in Thaumaturge, Mighty and Precise Strikes (I will try to do more testing later to get this better for you)

Hopefully that helps and fits the bill.

P.S: If interested (as you are a High Elf) I have an idea for a 2H Magplar build, which I will test later today, so you could have front bar Greatsword and back bar Flame Staff!

Thanks so much! Time to finally pick up the Dubious Camoran Throne recipe. I have a Breton stamsorc because apparently I hate picking the right race for the meta but I don't really need it for him because I can almost spam Dark Deal whenever I need stamina because of my extra magicka and it's a heal too. Obviously it lowers my DPS but it keeps me alive and sustained.

I don't PVP a lot but I don't mind jumping in to pick up caltrops and vigor and with the Mid-Year Mayhem coming up, I planned to take all my lowbie stam characters through some battlegrounds to pick up the skills.

I'm interested in 2h/staff setup as well. I'm assuming it's a hybrid build? Been wanting to try one out for ages. In the mean time, I'm gonna set a high elf up on the PTS and try out the build above.

Thanks again for your time :smile:
    saccarius | PC | EU
    Almost master crafter
    Gaymer
  • Thorstienn
    Thorstienn
    ✭✭✭
    @Saccarius
    Happy to help.
    I never worry about race too much; not a big "meta" guy anyway. Just means you have to work a little to get the most out of a build.

The 2h/Staff setup actually mirrors the thoughts behind a DW Magplar as opposed to being a Hybrid. We don't use any 2H abilities and NEVER heavy attack on front bar. It just utilizes the Heavy Weapons passive (8% bonus damage with a Greatsword) to buff the damage of ALL abilities, as opposed to Flame(single target) and Shock (AoE).

Monster: Grothdaar for that sweat upclose AoE Flame damage.
    Crafted: Innate Axiom (pretty much all class abilities for damage)
    Overland: Mothers Sorrow from Deshaan (get some nice crit rating)

2H: Puncturing Sweeps, Either morph of Sun Fire, Purifying Light, Harness Magicka, Inner Light. Ult: Meteor or Nova (Meteor gives Magicka)
    Staff: Blockade, Blazing Spear, Radiant Oppression, Channeled Focus, Inner Light. Ult: Meteor or Nova

Key to remember is to ONLY heavy attack on back bar for resoucres.

Haven't Tested this out on PTS at all yet, but you say you have access to it? Hopefully with Combat Metrics and Constellations, so you can fine tune to your needs.

Good luck with it all.
  • Saccarius
    Saccarius
    ✭✭✭
    @Saccarius
    Happy to help.
    I never worry about race too much; not a big "meta" guy anyway. Just means you have to work a little to get the most out of a build.

The 2h/Staff setup actually mirrors the thoughts behind a DW Magplar as opposed to being a Hybrid. We don't use any 2H abilities and NEVER heavy attack on front bar. It just utilizes the Heavy Weapons passive (8% bonus damage with a Greatsword) to buff the damage of ALL abilities, as opposed to Flame(single target) and Shock (AoE).

Monster: Grothdaar for that sweat upclose AoE Flame damage.
    Crafted: Innate Axiom (pretty much all class abilities for damage)
    Overland: Mothers Sorrow from Deshaan (get some nice crit rating)

2H: Puncturing Sweeps, Either morph of Sun Fire, Purifying Light, Harness Magicka, Inner Light. Ult: Meteor or Nova (Meteor gives Magicka)
    Staff: Blockade, Blazing Spear, Radiant Oppression, Channeled Focus, Inner Light. Ult: Meteor or Nova

Key to remember is to ONLY heavy attack on back bar for resoucres.

Haven't Tested this out on PTS at all yet, but you say you have access to it? Hopefully with Combat Metrics and Constellations, so you can fine tune to your needs.

Good luck with it all.

Hmm this is more like classic magplar but I get to run around with a greatsword and it probably has a lot more survivability than the stam build, as well as likely more damage. Plus I already have a bog-standard magplar so I already know the magicka abilities well so I can see this being easier to pick up.

One question, I didn't realise that the two ranks of heavy weapons stacked or that any of the passives stacked (I feel like such a noob). The tool tip doesn't make that clear at all.

Thanks for the second build, I'm going to try them both and see which one is more fun

Edited by Saccarius on June 28, 2018 5:25PM
    saccarius | PC | EU
    Almost master crafter
    Gaymer
  • Thorstienn
    Thorstienn
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, you're probably correct and I just misremembered. It does say 5%.
    So I've done about 6 parses on the 2h/staff.
    I got it to 26k (please note I have officially done 6 parses as a magplar now, so if you have more experience with the class, will help)
    2h: Nirn with flame enchant
    Flame staff: weapon power (could switch both to shock for concussion)
    Jewelry: arcane; 2 magical harm and 1 mag rec allowed me to just use light attacks.
    Also, I did it with the Thief mundus, as I don't have apprentice at my house haha.
  • sorrior_ESO
    sorrior_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    @DocFrost72

Hey i was wondering if you could help woth a hybrid sorcerer build that uses a destruction staff and a 2h melee.

I am looking to use overload and am a high elf so i can compensate for any mana drain but i am wondering how i should build my character or just restart. Also any tips on skills/cp/stones

Oh and a heavy emphasis on magic skills with 1 or 2 2h skills is what i have been doing with a emphasis on the storm skills but with crystal fragments as my burst proc outside of overload

Oh i guess i am looking for a melee caster who weaves spells and melee together
    Edited by sorrior_ESO on September 2, 2018 8:59PM