The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Helping make unique builds.

• exiars10
    exiars10
    ✭✭✭
    All right, I understand you now... and wish you best/luck for applying for jobs.

Just wait for Summerset PTS anyway.

I have 3 new characters ready to power level, but I'll wait to play until Summerset as big changes are incoming (gear and skill wise) plus my main character.
    I don't play ESO since 15.06. because Cyrodiil is broken since Summerset (PvE isn't much better, too)...

Aldmeri Dominion (PC Europe via Steam)

The cowardly Wood Elves are best noted for their unwillingness to engage in a face-to-face attack; a Bosmer will strike at you from every side except the front. You won't cross swords with a Bosmer, but you might catch an arrow in the throat. Be wary in forests and jungles, and watch your back.
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @DragonLane555

Got your two handed templar dps build ready to rock!

you're going to want to run 5 hunding's (head and weapons a must, will explain later) with either 5 piece spriggans or five piece automaton, and shoulder piece of selene's. All divines, all medium (one heavy chest if you like) with rings enchanted with weapon damage glyphs. You'll want blue stam and health food to top yourself off. You can use green world drop potions, as you will have major savagery and major brutality inherently!

Biting Jabs, Power of the Light, Brawler, Re-Arming Trap, Rally, Flawless Dawnbreaker/ Crescent Sweep.

You'll want to keep dots up on refresh (brawler actually applies a small bleed, so remember to give them a cut or two every 8 seconds) and then light attack into jabs, or heavy attack into jabs if you need resources. Pro-tip: While the heavy attack animation is playing, you can activate biting jabs to fire the exact second it's ready to fire. Also, with Summerset it is rumored to be that 2h weapons count as two set items. If that is the case, you can swap your hunding's head for a selene's mask and update with minimal fuss!

@Twenty0zTsunami

Paladin:

So, heal tanks are both fun, and viable. In vDSA, for example, the healer has to be prepared to tank the main boss on the last round! One of the big things is going to be balancing survivability with healing power, a delicate and fine line. One thing I will suggest upfront is to try and bridge the gap by going for strong healing. Strong healing can make up for less resistances so long as you have the capacity to survive the hit and sustain your magicka healing the health back. A lot more active defense, but also allows you to both heal and tank.

If I were going to suggest some sets, I'd say run 5 pieces of spell power cure for sure. It'll help you maximize your healing efficacy. If they need health, you give them health. If they don't need health, you give them damage. Heal tanks especially give lots of small heals, so you'll proc it more often than any ordinary tank would. That I would wear rings, neck, sash and gloves (to maximize armor value).

To the second set, here is where it gets tricky. Sacrifice healing power or sustain too much, and you're going to lose healing potential. Same goes for survivability. I think the best thing you could put here would be either lunar bastion (shields allies- both a tank and healer benefit there). If you can't get that set, or don't want to run trials, I'd suggest running 5 pieces of heavy hist bark in reinforced (unless shield, then nirnhoned). This will up the two things you need most to survive; armor, and block cost reduction. In the aggregate, you're going to not have a stamina cost 15% of the time, and not take damage that 15% too. It works even better with the fact that balanced warrior gives you spell resistance, and hist bark gives you some physical resists to help round you off as well. Make sure to use tri foods (purple, increase all stats). Oh, and take a look at sentinel of rekugamz; it's REALLY good for heal-tanks!

Bars:

Sword and shield: Defensive posture, pierce armor, breath of life, extended ritual, channeled focus, aggressive warhorn.

Restoration staff: Healing springs, luminous shards, combat prayer, mutagen, repentance/efficient purge, remembrance.

Ranger:

You're actually pretty spot on for what you're looking to do. A lot of what you do next depends on what you're looking for. Many a times my warden bow dps has acted as an emergency healer on HRC during star fall (group REALLY likes that, believe me :D ).

What I'd recommend here would be to make sure you've got a few things. Firstly; Until you hit around 300-400 cp, it's going to be hard to get a lot of damage out of your constellations. Make sure before you judge your power rankings that you're in the 400-500 ratings, then if the build is still hitting really soft it will be time to worry. You can also ensure all your enchantments on your rings and necklace are weapon damage. Wardens do really good weaving heavy attacks, so the good news is they have fewer sustain problems. Which leads me to whirlwind morph choice. The reason most go steel tornado is, at present, the other morph gives a major buff you get from restore stamina potions (endurance, specifically), which does not stack from multiple sources. Warden even has a skill that does this, which is your falcon's swiftness ability.

So, firstly, let me give you an example of the bars I'd have for what you're doing;

Bloodthrist (another great option is cutting dive, since it heals you on impact from the bond with nature passive), rending slashes, steel tornado/blade cloak, subterranean assault, soothing spores, wild guardian for dual wield.

re-arming trap, poison injection, endless hail, expansive frost cloak/green lotus/bird of prey (depending on what you need more of- group support, healing, or damage), bull netch, wild guardian.

This gives you a solid dps setup, with the flexibility of swapping a few skills out depending on the group you're running with. Also, animal friends!

Barbarian:

The barbarian is an archetype I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE in both classic dnd and in contemporary games. I'll show you a dk barb, cause it'll work, but if you want to see my custom one I keep hidden away (after originally building for a friend), I'll post that too! Though that'un be a sorcerer.

So, big things first- barbarians are all about survivability and damage, and how those two things mix together during a (typically) blinding rage. You're giving yourself a discipline regarding tanking on the back bar, which still totally works! What that means is I assume you'll either be going solo, or leaning towards a really damaging tank setup. Considering these parameters, I'll suggest a lot, but mostly this:

5 pieces Hunding's rage, 5 pieces plague doctor, with 2 pieces of two different monster sets. The monster sets you'll want are one that will give health, and another that will increase maximum resistances. Examples of the former are nerieneth, maw of the infernal, and valkyn skoria. Examples of the latter are pirate skeleton, lord warden, and mighty chudan. Where you'll be taking this build, I'd go with trying to farm a maw of the infernal head and fish the undaunted chests for warden/chudan, giving you a better shot of getting each. Also, tri stat purple food is your best friend here. It helps you maintain your tank utility spells and also gives max health and stam, which you'll need for damage.

Bars:

2h- Wrecking blow, venomous claw, brawler, re-arming trap, rally, berserker rage (morph of 2h ultimate. I feel I need to say this since very few people talk about it).

sword and shield- unrelenting grip, pierce armor, heroic slash, igneous shield, hardened armor, magma shell.

This will give you a few major benefits. Firstly, rally/brawler/and igenous shield will give you a fair bit of surviability, coupled with the passive resistances from hardened armor and heroic slash. If you get in a pinch and need super survivability, you can pop either ultimate. In aoe situations, I'd suggest berserk and brawler while rally ticks. In single target situations, nothing will beat magma shell. It limits your incoming damage to 3% total health per hit (HINT: Shields take full damage). Hence why it is better as a single target defense!

Let me know if I missed anything important here, or if you have questions!

@hmsdragonfly

I also happen to LOVE hybrids! I can never get them to work the way I want because of several facotrs that dilute power across two very unique systems, but it hasn't stopped me trying.

-Searing Arrow DK:

Gear is 5 Pelinel's (body) with 3 agility and 3 assassin's guile (for dat sweet crit). You'll want 5 medium, one heavy, one light ideally. Enchants on your rings will be weapon damage, and enchants on all gear pieces ideally would be tri stat (infused on big pieces like chest, head, and pants). If tri-stat gets too expensive for your tastes, one infused stam, one infused health, one infused magic and then two divines stam with two divines magic will do the trick too. For overland I'd say to go lover stone without question, but with maelstrom, a lot of the mobs have already low armor (like 7k low) If you want, try using either the shadow OR the warrior instead and see what makes the biggest difference.

Bars:

Fire staff- flame lash (great heal, even post nerf procs enough to be worth it), burning embers, flames of oblivion (can be ele drain if you hit sustain issues), blockade of fire, eruption, eye of the storm

Bow (yes bow!)- rearming trap, poison injection, endless hail, igneous weapons, flames of oblivion, ferocious leap/magma shell.

Pots can be anything since you get all four dmg and crit buffs naturally! Roll dodge with bow to become a magdk with major expedition.

@WhiteScythe

Here you go, dk dual wield and dual wield!

5 hunding's, 5 spriggan's, two Kra'gh/Spawn of Mephala. Medium divines as much as you can, one heavy chest if you need maximum stats or survivability. Adjust enchantments on body as needed to hit 18-20k health, all attributes stam, blue health and stamina food. Neck and rings should have weapon damage enchantments.

1- Shrouded dagger, venomous claw, steel tornado, noxious breath, resolving vigor, flawless dawnbreaker.

2- Flames of Oblivion, rending slashes, blade cloak, razor caltrops, molten armaments, rend.

This setup actually seems interesting, and I might give it a try... >.>

Everything below my February 21st post will be given proper response tomorrow :)
    Edited by DocFrost72 on April 12, 2018 10:02PM
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ascan7

1) Power surge alone will often be enough if boundless/hurricane is going and you're light attack weaving puncture, but if you need to turtle up you may want to pad yourself with vigor.
    2) So, dark deal I left out for thematic reasons, but If you're going to incorporate it I would do so on either monster set. Engine guardian is better if you use more non healing abilities than healing ones, as it can convert magicka into stamina/health through dark deal. I'd say slot dark deal with either if you don't mind it!
    3) PvP groups LOVE negates and encase, and you being able to give some group healing and stam (if you can ever find a time you're standing still) will be awesome. Ask a raid leader if they could use a sorc negate tank, though you may make a few minor switches.
    4) traits, go sturdy. Tanks that can block a lot get a lot of mileage, because the healer doesn't have to baby you. It's always a good idea to go divines or infused for chest, legs, and head/shield if you need more flat stats. For mundus, I lazily always do lord for the health, but atro for mag regen can be great here too. attributes are purely preference on a tank, but to give you a helping hint; you want enough health to feel comfortable, and enough stamina to block as much as you need to/maintain taunt. Once you find those values, rest goes into stamina. For me, I can put 64 points into stamina on a wood elf, though you may need more points in health or magicka.

and-

1) Take as many healing morphs as you can stomach! They'll all proc the set faster and more often :) (vigor might be overkill, but always worth a slot in any stam build).
    2) if you take engine guardian, you *will not* need dark deal. You could always emergency slot it if you find yourself running low. Maybe certain fights where you sprint, block, dodge and break free a lot (spawn of mephala, FG II).
    3) This was designed as a dungeon build, but you casn port it to pvp with some minor tweaks. For that, what I'd recommend is switching some traits to impen (or just having 5 or so spare armor pieces in impen) just to mitigate some of the damage. If you do pvp, VIGOR and DARK DEAL for sure, do at least one axe for bleeds to apply extra pressure to shielded or blocking targets.

You too, are awesome :D

@Doctor_Zeuss

Welcome into the forums, and glad to hear it!

SO, vampires are a great synergy with tanks that you'll find works REALLY well with certain setups, and ice staves are all the rage right now. How I'd build your character would be something to the tune of;

5 piece seducer, 5 piece plague doctor, two pieces of health based monster sets. (Maw of the infernal, valkyn skoria, nerien'eth etc). That is, two seperate sets (one maw, one skoria as an example)

bar one (sword and shield):
    Absorb magic, puncture, invigorating drain, refreshing path (dark cloak if the summerset changes go through), swallow soul, devouring swarm.

bar two (ice staff):
    mirage, elusive mist, siphoning attacks, blockade of ice, elemental drain, bolstering darkness.

So, to answer your questions; Invigorating drain is a really good heal if you have a lot of health, so you'll want to take advantage of having at least one shadow ability on your bar for increased health and one siphoning for increased healing. The way this is set up, you're going to have a load of healing incoming (siphoning, refreshing/cloak, swallow soul, devouring swarm and invig drain can all be up at once- food for thought). While this will not continue while you are using mist form, one really good advantage of mist form is that there is not a counter to it. For example, bleeds go through wards and ground dots go through block as it is. Mist form is a guaranteed 75% mitigation, plus your armor and passives. That can be powerful for re-positioning if you find you're standing in something bad, or for the healer to purge you before a bleed kills you (vICP pugs... x.x).

You'll want the lord stone, all enchantments into health, and tri stat food. Shoot for 17-18k mag and stam, with stam ever so slightly higher than magic, and dump the rest into health.

@Integral1900

sword and board/2h and fire staff? Can do! It sounds like you're looking for something of a solo build- something that can guide newbies through content and assist them while also holding your own. For that, I'd suggest 5 pelinel's, 3 agility, and 3(4 summerset) assassin's guile. Five heavy, one light, one medium.

Sword and board: Absorb magic, pierce armor, heroic slash, re-arming trap, hardened armor, magma shell

2h: brawler, executioner, engulfing flames, re-arming trap, rally, magma shell

fire staff: Burning embers, flame lash, obsidian shard, blockade of fire, igneous weapons, eye of the storm/elemental rage

This should give you a really even spread of magicka and stamina dots and spammables to use whichever resource you're not dwindling on (healing on the side? use stam to dmg. Tanking to take pressure off? magicka to keep stam to block). It also gives you a way to perform any role at any time, balancing each within one setup. This should keep your pug alive and doing damage no matter what!

@exiars10

You seem to have yourself a fine little sap tank! The gear you're rocking is totally fine, and I would like to shamelessly plug someone else's work for just a moment. Please watch (some, not all. It's 36 MINUTES LONG xD) before I continue;

https://youtu.be/InLqE57Ba4A

This fine gentlesir is running something very similar to yours, but if I may suggest a few small changes?

Try refreshing path instead of path of darkness. There is less damage, for sure, but more healing means more surviving, for you and your group.
    Swap either lotus fan or sap essence for siphoning strikes if you can. Not only does it give a sizeable heal, but it also give magicka sustain to you. Something you'll love having extra of with this build.

To that end, I'd even go so far as to say forgo sturdy and run all divines with either the atro or mage stones, atro is my guess as to what will benefit you more. For the monster set, I highly recommend you try either sentinel of rekugamz (your outgoing and incoming healing is going to be screen filling), or malubeth for the super vitality boost.

@TankHealz2015

I have a frost dps right now that pulls 20k self buffed without undaunted rank, destro 50, or all proper morphs. I'd suggest warden. Highly!

His build is (breton) 64 in magicka with max mag and max health foods, apprentice mundus, all divines. 5 light, one medium, one heavy. 5 julianos, 4 moondancer, two iceheart (will be five moondancer next patch, so I may switch it to Ysgramor or winterborn for maximum dmg).

He runs skills as follows:

crushing shock, fetcher infection, winter's revenge, crystallized slab, inner light, northern storm

blockade of frost, frost touch, (will be reach morph when leveled), blue betty, lotus blossom, and northern storm (this will be icy rage when destro hits 50)

The big thing you may consider is running screaming cliff racer instead of crushing shock to manage sustain, and please (I don't think I have to mention this but I will regardless) If you are not the tank, do not purchase the tri focus passive! It's fantastic if you want aggro as a dps, but really bad and frustrating for the tank if you are *not* the one designated to take aggro :)

@Tigeracer

Unfortunately, having one unarmed skill bar prevents bar swapping. If you ran bow and unarmed, you'd end up stuck on the bow bar. That said, I am workign on unarmed bars for every class, would you like my templar one? :D

@dovakiin5574

Hybrid blade in the works, more details soon. I'll PM you in discord if/when it gets done early :)
  • Doctor_Zeuss
    Doctor_Zeuss
    ✭✭✭
    @DocFrost72

Thanks! Looks great. I was unaware that ground dots were unaffected by block. Going to attempt to make use of Elusive Mist for sure now! I just wish I had 20 ability slots so I could use ALL the skills :)

I, and surely plenty of others, really appreciate the time and effort you’ve put into this thread. Good luck with all your irl things!
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tigeracer wrote: »
    Hey @DocFrost72 , the lore friendly Khajiit is going great!

Assuming you are still doing these, I have another one for you.

Khajiit, unarmed and bow, pvp.

yea you can't do unarmed with a weapon BUT you can slot a shield and it will retain the armor/enchant bonus.

You just can't bar swap so you have to fit everything on your armor/one shield/one bar.

I ran a DK style unarmed build for fun and used 5pc Morihaus (4 body + 1 shield), 2 piece selene/slimecraw/whatever stamina, 4 pc regen (i had marksman at the time). I used to dodge roll into groups of mobs/zergs for my cc because it would knockdown everyone then follow up with yolo fisticuffs/ultimates. Oddly enough the molten armaments buffed your heavy attacks, but it was still terrible lol.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @DocFrost72 I love this thread! <3

Any thoughts for magicka sorc or mag NB PVE tank build using high max magicka, large shields instead of resistances and frost staff? I have no clue about PVE and even less about tanking, but seems like it could be fun to try.
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alright... I'll give it a shot. I'm curious what you'll come up with.

Can you make a tanky front line warrior-like stamblade for a Khajiit? Something that can still do a lot of damage while not dying to mudcrabs?

Feel free to include a Master's Bow too if necessary.

Or heck to give it a little variety even, can you make a melee magblade front line fighter as well? With no staves? I'll take a resto staff in the worst scenario but no infernos or lightning please. Any race for this one is fine.

Nightblade is my favourite class, if you can make this work, I'll love you.

@DocFrost72
    Edited by Nyladreas on April 14, 2018 12:37AM
  • Bonzodog01
    Bonzodog01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, I have not long brought one of my DC chars back to life after sidelining her purely for crafting and nothing else. She was a Magplar, but had only done as far as TG, but had done cadwells and also all cyrodiil pve.

Cue one appearance/race change with full skill/cp/attributes reset;

She is now a male Dark Elf Stamplar, who just did the entire Dark Brotherhood storyline including killing Primate Artorius (one of the hardest quest bosses in game) all whilst wearing 5 Nights silence, 5 Night mothers Embrace and 3 Night terror jewelry - That kit gave 2100 weapon damage, and a 63% crit. Oh, and also using damage poisons, DW/bow, and Dubious Camoran Throne food. I actually decided to keep the Thief mundus as it still does make a difference to the crit, and allows for a Stamblade style of gameplay, whereby I can crit mobs down fast. During that I also successfully did a Hidden Sacrament, all objectives without being seen at all.

I just started him on Morrowind, and switched out to 5 Hundings Rage, 3/4 Ashen Grip (this set is seriously underestimated!), and 3 agility with wep enchants. 3054 Weapon damage, 73% crit. This thing is LETHAL. Stuff just dies, and because of the health bonus from Ashen grip, he's more survivable. Oh, and Dark Elf is seriously underestimated for Stamina Builds as well IMO.
    Xbox One - EU - EP/DC
    Trying and failing to hold the walls of his Templar house up since 2015
  • Tigeracer
    Tigeracer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

yea you can't do unarmed with a weapon BUT you can slot a shield and it will retain the armor/enchant bonus.

You just can't bar swap so you have to fit everything on your armor/one shield/one bar.

I ran a DK style unarmed build for fun and used 5pc Morihaus (4 body + 1 shield), 2 piece selene/slimecraw/whatever stamina, 4 pc regen (i had marksman at the time). I used to dodge roll into groups of mobs/zergs for my cc because it would knockdown everyone then follow up with yolo fisticuffs/ultimates. Oddly enough the molten armaments buffed your heavy attacks, but it was still terrible lol.

Thanks for that @Minno I might give that a go! Just for the lols of course.
  • Sneaky-Snurr
    Sneaky-Snurr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DocFrost72
    Can you come out with one build that I've been theorycrafting unsuccessfully? That build is a Khajiit stamDK using mainly partial/full Heavy Attacks with occasional Light Attacks in-between.

Could you look into that so the minimum damage dealt with a partial Heavy Attack is at least 6.5k non-crit on a player in a no-CP setting or more directly, in no-CP PvP. But I'd also like the build to be able to work (not necessarily to outperform) in any setting be it overworld/normal dungeons or PvP.
    Edited by Sneaky-Snurr on April 15, 2018 5:12AM
    The Order of the Shadows: Nightmare
      EP CP810 Nightblade
      AD CP810 Templar
      AD CP810 Dragon Knight
      AD Lvl 25 Sorceror
      DC Lvl 23 Nightblade
    {PC•NA•no-CP Ravenwatch}

Shadow hide you. -Unknown
    There is no clean fight in a war. -Shun Izaki
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for that @Minno I might give that a go! Just for the lols of course.

You can also have 2 5pc sets and 1pc monster. Use morihaud and that medium armor set that immobilzes when you dodge roll lol
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Psyonico
    Psyonico
    ✭✭✭
    @DocFrost72

A 1h and shield stamplar build using medium armor that can tank and do halfway decent damage
  • PoisonedPaint
    PoisonedPaint
    ✭✭✭
    @DocFrost72

Hi there,

Not sure if you are still doing this, but I thought I'd ask in case! I've always had troubles with builds, even as a more veteran player. I've thought about returning for summerset, but I've always had trouble completing content reasonably with the build I have.

I've been trying to go with something that would fit an 'all-around' survivability build for solo content/dungeoning build for a Nightblade. I'd like to stick with dual-wield daggers or blades; offhand I don't mind trying some things, but I would rather bow.

I also like werewolf; not too fond of vampire. My race is a Dunmer. I do prefer a more stealthy/assassin based build as well, if possible.
    Edited by PoisonedPaint on April 14, 2018 8:12PM
    @PoisonedPaint - RPers, feel free to add! I'm on NA, EST Zone. Has odd playtimes.

Main Character: Bjorn the Half-Blood - Half Imperial/Nord. Carrd RP Profile Link
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @dovakiin5574

Get ready for this;

You're going to need 5 pieces of medium Pelinal's body pieces, rings and neck of agility (the one case where you can even get away with buying an arcane version lol), and (head shoulder weapon) 3/4 pieces Assassin's guile. You'll want either chest heavy healthy, head medium stamina, legs medium magicka, with two little pieces stam and two little pieces magicka (including light sash), OR all tri-stat enchants. If you're going to go with tri stat you'll have more of everything (should be 20k health too, which is a shade overkill but always welcome). You'll want sharpened weapons, front bar will be dual swords, back bar a sharpened bow. You'll also want lover mundus (best advantage for a hybrid setup), tri stat food, and to distribute ALL attributes to stamina after you reach 20k magicka. There is a method to this madness.

bars as follows;

dual wield: surprise attack, crippling grasp, sap essence, relentless focus, killer's blade, flawless dawnbreaker

bow: re-arming trap, poison injection, endless hail, twisting path, leeching strikes, ballista.

On the topic of shadowscale, argonian actually has pretty good passives for this! It's potion resource restore in particular will help a heap. For potions, I'd recommend weapon and spell critical potions (since one cast of sap every 20 seconds gives you maj brutality and sorcery) which will still restore 4k+ of BOTH magicka and stamina (and health, but not as critical) as a sneaky scaly lizard. Combos are

dragonthorn, lady's smock, water hyacinth,
    dragonthorn, namira's rot, water hyacinth,
    lady's smock, water hyacinth, wormwood,
    namira's rot, water hyacinth, wormwood.

cp allocation is going to vary, but you're going to ensure you have AT LEAST 40 into thaum, master-at-arms, and about 1k in each of the armor piercing cps before you touch mighty or ele expert. I'd also increase physical crit more than spell crit through cp, as you've a lot more physical than magicka damage.

Thank you Doctor_Zeuss for the well wishes! I'm glad I could help :)

@Minno

Thank you for helping Tigeracer! That actually sounds like a whole lot of fun, and a great way to farm salt if you manage to punch a pug to death! Did you know you can slot a weapon off-hand like your shield, and still use fisticuffs? Helps weapon damage a little bit.

@Tigeracer if you want that unarmed build regarding dps, let me know! Also tell me how Minno's build went, I'd love to give that a try xD

@IcyDeadPeople

Thank you! :D

Based on what you're describing (especially the ward bit), you'll want my old sorc tank. It was a ton of fun- 14k empowered wards (which will be buffed next patch) which were entirely spammable, not to mention gives support to the team through minor intellect. Less useful if you have a warden healer, but still potent.

For that build you'll want 5 pieces (rings, neck, 2 body) plague doctor. I ran divines with atronach stone, partly to keep wards accessible and partly to save money on PD body pieces (>.>). You'll also want 5 pieces seducer (I ran one light, one medium, one heavy for passive stat increase with undaunted mettle). This gives you a little flexibility, but ultimately I ended up with infused chest and legs, divines sash, and infused shield. Went with infused sword too, for a reason I'll explain later. I LOVED using ice heart here. Any time you score a crit, you're looking at a 9k ward. In perspective, if that procs when you have empowered up, you're looking at a 23-24k total shield count protecting 30k health in heavy armor. It gets gross pretty quickly. Go tri-stat food and have both magicka and stamina trash pots, OR go argonian with tri pots and just have silly sustain.

Bars:

Sword and shield- inner light, pierce armor, dark deal, empowered ward, bound aegis, suppression field

Ice staff- Restraining Prison, inner fire (either morph, depending on how tight you want to manage stamina), boundless storm, blockade of frost, power surge, aggressive warhorn.

This will give you a couple of key benefits to your team. Firstly, the ice damage from light/heavy ice staff attacks and blockade will prof chilled, which inflicts minor maim. You have an aoe minor maim! It also immobilizes enemies in the blockade much like blockade of storms sets off balance on concussed enemies. Speaking of, if your team has one user running blockade of storms, your boundless storm will up the off balance time by providing more concussed uptime! Next, you're going to give all allies more spell crit by casting dark deal or restraining prison, which by the by helps you upkeep surge and iceheart.

A thing I had to fiddle with was mundus stone and attributes. IIRC, I had (on a breton) 14k-ish stam, 33k health, and 33k magicka. That is with purple gear and enchantments, so I'm sure you could push that even higher. The stamina is low, so only block what will stun you or one shot you. I'd try lord stone for simplicity, and if you're feeling bold you can stop at 30k health and dump the rest into magicka!

@Nyladreas

One of each, coming up!

Tanky warrior stamblade I actually have in my roster as we speak! Previous testing (albeit a year ago) showed him at 25k dps with 20k health, nearly 21k resistances, and plenty of self heals. Blocking became super viable too with the sword and shield passives.

That's right, I just made you a sword and shield critty kitty ;D

Gear: 5 hunding's rage (2 heavy, chest and legs), 5 vicious ophidian (if you don't have this set or can't find a trials group, go spriggan's), 2 selene's or Kra'gh. If you have the master's bow, work it in! You're going to want to manage your enchantments and setup carefully, if you don't already have undaunted mettle. Once you do have that passive and juggernaut from heavy armor, you're going to notice you're uber tanky. I'd run max stam and health foods, and use the warrior mundus. Neck and rings should be weapon damage enchanted.

Sword and shield- Surprise attack, killer's blade, power extraction, relentless focus, resolving vigor, incapacitating strike.

bow- Re-arming trap, poison injection, endless hail, razor caltrops (if no caltrops, run relentless focus here and use expert hunter front bar in its place), leeching strikes, ballista.

how this works is you're going to self buff before the fight with relentless and leeching, then endless hail into light attack and poison injection. Frome here, hit re-arming and if you can bar swap animation cancel great! If not, no worries, just swap after casting at some point and power extraction. Now, you're going to weaving light attack-surprise attack if you're good on stamina, and heavy attack surprise attack if you're less good on stamina. At 25% health, simply substitute surprise attack for killer's blade. If solo, one surprise attack every ten ish seconds will up total dps by maintaining major fracture.

Melee magblade!

So, this one will be tough without a back bar for resto. It is not that you need a staff to do damage, it is that you need a way to reliably return magicka somehow. Siphoning attacks is great, but it will not be enough on its own. What I'd suggest is resto back bar for surviving, dual wield up front for uber damage. Setup would be 5 julianos (3 body, dual wield), 5 moondancer/mad tinkerer/spinner (rings, neck, 2 body. Any listed set would be great here), and two pieces of either grothdar/zaan for more damage, or iceheart for damage with supreme survivability (minor maim from chilled, dmg shield).

dual wield- concealed weapon, impale, sap essence, merciless resolve, inner light, veil of blades

resto- siphon spirit, crippling grasp, refreshing path, mutagen, siphoning attacks, soul tether/light's champion.

One thing to keep in mind here is that you're going to have great resistances through shadow passives, as well as lots of healing incoming. In a lot of circumstances, these buffs overlap. For example, siphon spirit, refreshing path, and siphoning attacks all help your healing, but they also carry damage or magicka sustain. Veil is highly underrated. The protection is great, being a meleeblade you're going to have them sitting in the stew damaged, and on top of that it gives more health for having it slotted! For best results, use maelstrom resto for sustain.

@Bonzodog01

Sounds super fun! I love the combo of night's silence and NME, it makes even my non nightblades feel uber stealthy!

Glad you're rocking a critplar :)

@Sneaky-Snurr

Hmm, for pvp this will look a little different than pve, but both are very much doable.

You're going to want 5 Sergeant's plate, 5 doylemish. In an ideal situation, your target would take (unmitigated) 6300 dmg from procs alone, adding the rest of your modifiers and heavy attack damage you should see, especially in no cp, the results you're looking for. Heavy attack with a doylemish proc into take flight would be truly nasty. Follow up with an executioner, and you might see a lot of people GG in one combo. This synergizes well with the dk too, where you have a skill that stuns, then roots after the tun ends! Fossilize ensures you can land a doylemish heavy once per CC immunity, UNLESS the enemy is on pots or can see the combo coming and react to it. Block and dodge won't matter to fossilize, so the only way out for them is to either CC and dodge roll before you can heavy attack or to keep immunity up somehow. I'd use an otherwise standard dk pvp setup for skills, meaning a 2h with momentum to avoid snares (unless you want to try the supposedly buffed snare removal morph of dk wings). As for the rest of the bars, I do not know your play style or what you've gotten used to. How's your sustain? What skills (besides the obvious molten armaments and FM) do you currently run?

In overworld this setup will do fine, just slot a taunt for mobs instead of using fossilize (inner fire).

In dungeons, you'll have even less to do because a tank should be taunting the boss/adds for you to proc those nasty heavies.
    I'd, in that situation, run 5 doly (rings/neck and two armor, unless you can get the sword) and 5 hunding's for the rest, with one (in summerset) two monster pieces. I recommend selene's because of the synergy with direct damage and the enemy being locked down for your combo.

@Psyonico

Gotcha!

5 hunding's rage (medium), 5 plague doctor, 2 selene's (medium if you can). You're going to want around 25-30k health, the rest pooled into stam. Stam and max health foods. You'll want 2 heavy, 5 medium armor. The big key to tanking is to have that taunt up 24/7, keep the boss still, and debuff it. Stamplar can do that while damaging as follows;

Sword and shield: Biting jabs, pierce armor, power of the light, re-arming trap, resolving vigor, aggressive warhorn

bow: restoring focus, poison injection, endless hail, extended ritual, repentance, balista.

This is delicate, and there WILL be phases where you'll need to turtle up and drop damage to survive, but for the most part you can rely on restoring focus' major resistance buffs coupled with minor vitality and minor protection, plus the passive minor mending to make your vigor enough to handle most problems. If you need a burst heal, the healer can top you off, or you can consider slotting remembrance (which also gives 6 seconds of MAJOR protection after the fact). Go warrior mundus and weapon damage ring/neck enchants to keep a good foothold on damage.

@PoisonedPaint

Still doing, and happy to help! So for a surviable build on a nightblade, you can do one of two things. If you want to stick with dual wield and bow while retaining a sturdy feeling I would suggest running 5 fortified brass, 5 spriggan's (all medium divines), with two pieces of any stam monster set (kra'gh would be easiest to get, selene's synergizes best with a nightblade). The key to survivability is having a comfortable amount of health, good defenses, and a good heal. If you don't already have vigor from the alliance war tree, I'd suggest getting it. Between that and leeching strikes, you'll be untouchable! If you do NOT have it, nor have the desire to get it, let me know! I can make you a build that gets around that, but you might lose your bow on back bar.

dual wield daggers bar: Surprise attack, killer's blade, power extraction, blood craze, resolving vigor, incapacitating strike/flawless dawnbreaker.

bow bar: re-arming trap, poison injection, endless hail, relentless focus, leeching strikes, balista/incapacitating strike.

With the above setup, you'll be looking at roughly 25k resistances after using surprise attack to get the shadow passive, which in perspective is roughly where my tank sits at. You'll also have (or should have) around 20k health. With constant healing outgoing, this will make you really, REALLY hard to kill! It'll also leave you in 7 medium for more sustain and damage, if a slightly smaller total stam and health pool. You'll need to weav in heavy attacks most likely, but that should be infrequent. Enchant one dagger with increase weapon damage, the other with disease or poison damage. Bow can be either the opposite of the second dagger (so if you did dagger of disease damage, bow of poison) OR restore stamina for more sustain.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DocFrost72
    I didnt know you could slot a weapon to retain the bonuses! Maybe need to test nirn main hand sword to see if that boosts the dmg of fisticuffs ;)
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DocFrost72
    Redguard Stamina Nightblade.
    This character loves dual wielding and quickly moving around the battlefield. Steel tornado is a must and AOE in general is a plus. This build will be used mostly for anti-zerg purposes in Cyrodiil.
    [DC/NA]
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @DocFrost72
    I didnt know you could slot a weapon to retain the bonuses! Maybe need to test nirn main hand sword to see if that boosts the dmg of fisticuffs ;)

*off hand, not main hand, but the effect is noticeable. As if my last testing, this also appeared to have fired my disease enchantment.

Food for thought :3
  • PoisonedPaint
    PoisonedPaint
    ✭✭✭
    @DocFrost72

Thank you! I'll try giving that a whirl!

I also had a question, and this is probably a newbie one so I apologize: What should I allot my health/stam/magicka points to, as well as the champion points? That work best with the build that you recommended? I believe I have 252 champion points or so currently.
    @PoisonedPaint - RPers, feel free to add! I'm on NA, EST Zone. Has odd playtimes.

Main Character: Bjorn the Half-Blood - Half Imperial/Nord. Carrd RP Profile Link
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DocFrost72 wrote: »
    @DocFrost72

*off hand, not main hand, but the effect is noticeable. As if my last testing, this also appeared to have fired my disease enchantment.

Food for thought :3

YESSSSSSSSSSSS. Maybe use beserker enchants? ;)
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For pvp my stamdk is the following:

2x Bloodspawn
    5x/x4 spriggan (x4 because battle axe but will just be 5x with summerset only if you're using a spriggan battle axe though)
    5x Cowards
    vAS Battleaxe

Run "carve" the morph of "cleave" in the two handed skill line(minor heroism buff) + ult gen from Bloodspawn and the vAS execute set bonus (Ultimate for days) then have WW form on the S&B bar and DB or TF on the front bar.

40k stam in CP pvp. 35k in Battlegrounds. (note, my stam DK is imperial and as a result has the max stam passive, so if you're another race you will have less unless they also have max stam as a racial passive).

50k WW form :3

In theory you could run this on a stamblade or stam sorc thats extremely aggressive, by no accounts is this build any good but its extremely fun, the movement speed is hilarious. Even stamsorcs cant escape you on DK xD
    Edited by xeNNNNN on April 16, 2018 8:34PM
    Ah, e-communities - the "pinnacle" of the internet............yeah, right.
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @dovakiin5574

@IcyDeadPeople

Thank you! :D

Based on what you're describing (especially the ward bit), you'll want my old sorc tank. It was a ton of fun- 14k empowered wards (which will be buffed next patch) which were entirely spammable, not to mention gives support to the team through minor intellect. Less useful if you have a warden healer, but still potent.

For that build you'll want 5 pieces (rings, neck, 2 body) plague doctor. I ran divines with atronach stone, partly to keep wards accessible and partly to save money on PD body pieces (>.>). You'll also want 5 pieces seducer (I ran one light, one medium, one heavy for passive stat increase with undaunted mettle). This gives you a little flexibility, but ultimately I ended up with infused chest and legs, divines sash, and infused shield. Went with infused sword too, for a reason I'll explain later. I LOVED using ice heart here. Any time you score a crit, you're looking at a 9k ward. In perspective, if that procs when you have empowered up, you're looking at a 23-24k total shield count protecting 30k health in heavy armor. It gets gross pretty quickly. Go tri-stat food and have both magicka and stamina trash pots, OR go argonian with tri pots and just have silly sustain.

Bars:

Sword and shield- inner light, pierce armor, dark deal, empowered ward, bound aegis, suppression field

Ice staff- Restraining Prison, inner fire (either morph, depending on how tight you want to manage stamina), boundless storm, blockade of frost, power surge, aggressive warhorn.

This will give you a couple of key benefits to your team. Firstly, the ice damage from light/heavy ice staff attacks and blockade will prof chilled, which inflicts minor maim. You have an aoe minor maim! It also immobilizes enemies in the blockade much like blockade of storms sets off balance on concussed enemies. Speaking of, if your team has one user running blockade of storms, your boundless storm will up the off balance time by providing more concussed uptime! Next, you're going to give all allies more spell crit by casting dark deal or restraining prison, which by the by helps you upkeep surge and iceheart.

A thing I had to fiddle with was mundus stone and attributes. IIRC, I had (on a breton) 14k-ish stam, 33k health, and 33k magicka. That is with purple gear and enchantments, so I'm sure you could push that even higher. The stamina is low, so only block what will stun you or one shot you. I'd try lord stone for simplicity, and if you're feeling bold you can stop at 30k health and dump the rest into magicka!

Wow, thank you so much for this very thoughtful build concept @DocFrost72 - sounds like it will be a lot of fun!
  • Sarjako
    Sarjako
    ✭✭✭
    Wrong thread
    Edited by Sarjako on April 16, 2018 8:42PM
    XBX1 NA
    Healplar / StamDK-Tank / Stamblade / Magblade
    CP 810
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sarjako wrote: »
    Melee NB for open world Cyrodiil.

DW / Destro

Caluurion's Legacy + Vicious Death + Grothdar

Open world magblade ganks are a thing again.

It's *** mean. Yw.

Im glad caluurions legacy is not crafted, if it was it would be everywhere.

That set is nuts especially with Zaan.
    Edited by xeNNNNN on April 16, 2018 8:41PM
    Ah, e-communities - the "pinnacle" of the internet............yeah, right.
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    badmojo wrote: »
    @DocFrost72
    This character loves dual wielding and quickly moving around the battlefield. Steel tornado is a must and AOE in general is a plus. This build will be used mostly for anti-zerg purposes in Cyrodiil.

@badmojo

This one gave me some interesting ideas, and you may like where this goes. Ever felt like being a stam sorc with major exped up at all times?

Try 5 clever alchemist with 5 jailbreaker, and two pieces thurvokun. If you don't have access to that dlc, try grothdar (works especially well in no cp). What your game plan should be is to prepare with buffs, bow light attack the zerg or just otherwise ensure you're in combat and pop a potion. Which potion?

Potion with blessed thistle, columbine, and namira's rot makes an immovable speed pot that restores stam and gives stam recovery. This will be tailor made for you! After you pop this pot in combat you will have (with alchemy potion passives) 12 seconds ish of cc immunity, major expedition, and 47 seconds of 20% more stamina recovery, with a lump sum of stamina up front.

Dw bar: surprise attack, shrouded dagger, steel tornado, quick cloak, mass hysteria, flawless dawnbreaker.

Bow: Resolving vigor, mirage, caltrops, relentless focus, leeching strikes, incapacitating strike/devouring swarm.

Devouring swarm could be great because it not only does a decent bit of aoe dmg, but it also heals per enemy hit and thus will keep you moving in a zerg. You may consider dropping mass hysteria for the shade, if you find yourself needing a quick out. Maybe their earthgore procs and you need to nope away, pop shade and roll dodge to the nearest tree.

@PoisonedPaint

Hopefully this doesn't sound much like a cop-out (it feels like it as I write it), but your attribute points (health stam and mag) are pretty open to what you intend to do with them. The goal ideally, especially with what you intend to do, is to reach a comfortable health and then invest the rest into your primary damage attribute. So what I would recommend is to run 20k health (with your fort brass resists, added to the base medium armor and shadow passives that give major resistances) and put everything else into stamina. Some folk are more comfortable around 17-18k health, and that is all up to your level of trust in your healer and your competency as a player. I feel much more at home with around 20k health for soloing, as a minimum. How you get there can be either with spending attribute points, and enchanting your gear with all stamina OR enchanting one or two pieces of your gear to health, and dumping all attributes into stamina. I prefer the latter, as I find it is easier to replace a glyph or two on my gear than to respec my antire attribute count.

At 252 CP, you're *almost* to where you have recieved your full bonus to your base stats. To explain; each champion point you earn gives you a percentage increase to your stamina (thief), health (warrior) or magic (mage). At 300 cp, this bonus has capped out. This means you should also factor this idea into your attribute spending, as you'll get a small percent more health and stamina with those last 48 cp. I'd recommend investing heavily into elemental defender and hardy in the warrior tree first (49 in each), then getting yourself to 51 in ironclad and thick skinned. After that, I typically spend any points I get equalizing my physical and spell resistance through the medium armor focus and the spell shield cp trees. For the thief, I usually put 49 into mooncalf and tenacity, then start distributing to things like warlord, tumbling, and shadow ward (no less than 40 each at max cp). For the mage trees, you're going to have to look into hat would benefit you the best. Nightblades get a lot of damage upfront from direct instant damage, and a small amount from dots. Your priority then would be mighty and Master-At-Arms (49 and 51, respectively) before investing into precise strikes (40/51) and finally into thaumaturgy (40/51). After all of these, it'd be wise to start investing into the penetration cp ( piercing) to get an even stronger buff.

IMPORTANT: CP follows a silly logic system where it only counts the whole interger when applying a bonus. In other words, 17.17 is just as effective as 17.999999999% increase. Only the 17% is counted. That is why I have such strange numbers (40, 51, 49)- it is because those are my general all purpose build numbers.

Did this help you? :)

@xeNNNNN

Love me some werewolf pvp! Glad to see people are still rocking it, and your build looks pretty solid. Did you see the pvp ww theorycraft thread? (don't remember if I saw you there while I was prowling it). I can link if you didn't.

@IcyDeadPeople

Anytime! Let me know if you try it and how you like it, I still need to build mine again, I miss old 'Bubbles'.

@Sarjako

That setup does look nasty, thank you for sharing it! And even if it was the wrong thread, it might help someone here. :)
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That market is already cornered by random PUGS

LOL well played.
  • megnin
    megnin
    ✭✭✭
    @DocFrost72

Please! Magicka DK (High Elf), DD, for Trials:

I normally run with Julianos, Burning Spellweave, or Spinners, Julianos, occasionally Infallible Aether or Elegance with one of the others. Destro Staves on both bars, sometimes two Inferno, sometimes one Inferno and one Lightning depending on if I'm using Illambris or Skoria (or Grothdar). (I don't have any Maelstrom Weapons.)

I'm looking for insane damage and enough surviveability to not be laying dead very much. Hope you can create something for me. :smile: Thank you in advance

QdlAFLH.png
    Edited by megnin on April 18, 2018 7:18PM
  • PoisonedPaint
    PoisonedPaint
    ✭✭✭
    @DocFrost72

Oh dude, that helps tremendously! Builds have never been a strong spot for me in this game, and its partially why I've shied away from playing it, to be honest. I've wanted to run dungeons/complete content, but I always feel as if my builds aren't doing enough to keep me stable/bring enough to my group. I've started working on the build you recommended, and I feel much more confident so far. It might take me a while to get the gear to really make it shine, but I already feel a bit of a difference. :)

So far I think I'm doing good! Though if I have any more questions, I may respond again--I hope I don't bother you too much as I understand you get a lot of popularity for you help!

• badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    badmojo wrote: »
    @DocFrost72

@badmojo

This one gave me some interesting ideas, and you may like where this goes. Ever felt like being a stam sorc with major exped up at all times?

Try 5 clever alchemist with 5 jailbreaker, and two pieces thurvokun. If you don't have access to that dlc, try grothdar (works especially well in no cp). What your game plan should be is to prepare with buffs, bow light attack the zerg or just otherwise ensure you're in combat and pop a potion. Which potion?

Potion with blessed thistle, columbine, and namira's rot makes an immovable speed pot that restores stam and gives stam recovery. This will be tailor made for you! After you pop this pot in combat you will have (with alchemy potion passives) 12 seconds ish of cc immunity, major expedition, and 47 seconds of 20% more stamina recovery, with a lump sum of stamina up front.

Dw bar: surprise attack, shrouded dagger, steel tornado, quick cloak, mass hysteria, flawless dawnbreaker.

Bow: Resolving vigor, mirage, caltrops, relentless focus, leeching strikes, incapacitating strike/devouring swarm.

Devouring swarm could be great because it not only does a decent bit of aoe dmg, but it also heals per enemy hit and thus will keep you moving in a zerg. You may consider dropping mass hysteria for the shade, if you find yourself needing a quick out. Maybe their earthgore procs and you need to nope away, pop shade and roll dodge to the nearest tree.

@DocFrost72

Thanks for the build, I put it together last night with grothdar since I haven't done vet fang lair yet. I only spent a half hour running around Cyrodiil but I like it so far. One thing I need to get used to is the lack of an "oh ****" button, using potions for immovable and speed is great, but it means I can't pop a potion to quickly regain health like on most builds, and vigor being on the back bar had me dying a few times trying to relearn that muscle memory, I found out that fear doesn't heal me, who knew.

One thing I had a question about is Surprise attack. I found myself not really utilizing this skill at all, the 5m range made it only available when I am in the thick of it surrounded by enemies, which didn't seem like the time to be using a single target skill. I was thinking about switching it out with Killer's Blade, it's also 5m, but it's an execute so might come in handy. Or maybe switching it out for a ranged ability(open to suggestions). I was just curious if there was a specific reason you suggested surprise attack, it's one skill I have barely ever used in this game.
    [DC/NA]
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @megnin

Buuuurn baby burn! (Bosses, not me preferably!)

Having not ever played a magDK in trials, and given that your interest needed more insight than I could give, I found you a resource (courtesy of @Alcast - Hopefully you're okay with me directing them to this :) ).

https://alcasthq.com/eso-magicka-dragonknight-build-pve/

I would create something special for you, but Alcast is more knowledgeable than I am in this regard, as I have never got behind a magDK for anything but fun, healing, and a tiny bit of pvp. His advice will be exactly what you need, I think!

@PoisonedPaint

Anytime you have a question, stop by! I'll help in any way I can!

@badmojo

Glad to hear you're liking it! I think your specific problems could be solved, as well.

I would suggest if you need an "oh ***" heal to run quick cloak as your method of major expedition. It is a lot shorter, but also frees up your potion for immov + lingering/vitality/restore health, whichever you need. Bow backbar for mobility, but you can also swap out the bow for a 2h if you're looking to get rally. If you do run rally, try swapping in vigor instead of surprise attack.

As for why surprise attack, it is very strong 1v1, and my head still goes there for pvp. That said, if you're mostly a zerg buster, I doubt one enemy will give you too much trouble, and you can always fall back on RF proc for burst. This setup might feel a bit better for you, as you won't have to swap bars to get a heal (unless you need a burst heal).

If you give this a whirl, tell me how it performs and if you can think of other trouble spots- I'll help until it's just right. :)
    Edited by DocFrost72 on April 21, 2018 3:55PM
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @badmojo

Glad to hear you're liking it! I think your specific problems could be solved, as well.

I would suggest if you need an "oh ***" heal to run quick cloak as your method of major expedition. It is a lot shorter, but also frees up your potion for immov + lingering/vitality/restore health, whichever you need. Bow backbar for mobility, but you can also swap out the bow for a 2h if you're looking to get rally. If you do run rally, try swapping in vigor instead of surprise attack.

As for why surprise attack, it is very strong 1v1, and my head still goes there for pvp. That said, if you're mostly a zerg buster, I doubt one enemy will give you too much trouble, and you can always fall back on RF proc for burst. This setup might feel a bit better for you, as you won't have to swap bars to get a heal (unless you need a burst heal).

If you give this a whirl, tell me how it performs and if you can think of other trouble spots- I'll help until it's just right. :)

@DocFrost72
    I did end up swapping out surprise attack for vigor on the front bar and it helps. I was watching the numbers and it seemed like surprise attack was doing pretty much the same damage as shrouded dagger, minus the two other targets.

I think I will stick with the speed pots and just learn to compensate. The thing with this Alcehemist set is that I need to be using the potion going into the fight, meaning the times where I might use a health pot the cooldown is in effect. I think I just need to get out of the "I'm a sorc, with a shield, and health/immov pots ready to pop, so nothing you can do will hurt me!" mindset that I've been in for too long.

I really wish leeching strikes was a proc on crit like on a stam sorc, sometimes its difficult to be in a position to weave dw light attacks. I think I'll farm a two-hander and give rally a try today. Thanks for the response.
    Edited by badmojo on April 21, 2018 4:04PM
    [DC/NA]