The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Helping make unique builds.

• Radinyn
    Radinyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DocFrost72 Unique Khajiit mage
    maybe with some procs, please :smile:

More remote sets - better :smile:

You can add some psijiic stuff
    Edited by Radinyn on April 21, 2018 6:35PM
  • Aela_Dragonrider
    Aela_Dragonrider
    ✭✭✭
    Alright, let's give this a try...

Nord WW Stam DK using 2h and DW, though is willing to use a Bow.

Present set-up has all 2H on front bar and mostly DK buffs on the back bar. Can take down most PvE enemies and minibosses without too much trouble but gets trashed by any real boss that is not distracted by other players and struggles against large/powerful mobs.And dont ask about PvP!

In short, she's not bad soloing your normal stuff but goes down fast against anything above that.
    any thoughts?
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Radinyn

Can do! Since you wanted something unique, why not a solar/lunar themed build? Try 5 Julianos, 4 piece moondancer (if you cannot get that don't worry! Just sub in mad tinkerer instead) and two pieces skoria (grothdar is a little easier if you have trouble with CoA II or don't have a group). Skoria is more thematic than zaan, but zaan will hit harder. I leave the choice to you. :)

Front bar fire staff, back bar lightning staff. I personally run sharpened unless I'm in a special group with sets that lower enemy armor. You'll want 3 jewelry spell damage enchantments, and the apprentice stone for your mundus. Gear should be 5 light to 7 light, depending if you want to go 5-1-1 for the undaunted mettle passive (I'd recommend that when you get to undaunted level 8 or 9).

Fire:
    Puncturing sweeps, reflective light, purifying light, structured entropy, inner light, elemental rage.

Shock:
    Blazing spear, radiant oppression, elemental blockade, harness magicka, inner light, solar prison.

You could also swap out inner light on the back bar for acceleration come Summerset for minor force, and if you're feeling particularly adventurous you could slot dark flare instead of (or in addition to) puncturing sweeps. The updated summerset changes mean that weaving dark flare with light attacks is going to be substantially buffed (40% harder hitting light attacks during spammable section of rotation). If you do so, put empowering sweep up front to keep the 10% crit damage modifier and remove prison in favor of ele rage. That choice I leave to you, however. In either situation, be sure to have a spare piece of moondancer/mad tinkerer to replace a julianos piece come Summerset!

@Aela_Dragonrider

Many thoughts. One of which is that you're *not* in a bad way with your setup. :)

What it sounds like you're doing is world boss hunting/solo dungeons, so if I am wrong please correct me. I can help trouble shoot the squishy for you.

First and foremost if you're going to be soloing you need survivability, resource management, and a fair amount of damage. No one thing is worth losing the other two. To that end, the best setup I know of for soloing (well, best as in easiest at entry level for sure) is dual wield and 2h. So rest assured, you're on the right track.

When selecting skills and morphs, it would be wise to balance damage with utility. If you're going to be soloing, I'd recommend running the following setup:

Dual wield:
    Bloodthirst, blood craze, deadly cloak, expert hunter, resolving vigor, rend.

Two handed:
    Venomous claw, noxious breath, brawler, rearming trap, rally, corrosive armor.

HOWEVER, I see you want to run (or are currently running) 2h as front bar, so let me make that an option too! In that scenario you'd swap out expert hunter and rearming trap. You want expert hunter on the bar you'll be primarily on. You may also consider swapping resolving vigor with noxious breath for ease of access to your main HoT.

For gear, what I'd suggest is 5 fortified brass body pieces with 3 pieces of healthy agility, and four (3 on 2h bar till summerset) of either night mother's gaze or Kvatch gladiator for their 2-4 bonuses. You could go 4 pieces ashen grip if you need more health, but you should have enough as it is.

Shoot for at least 20k health (with food), then dump your remaining attributes, enchantments, and other into stamina. Max stam and health food is your best bet, but if you need more sustain you can try the dubious camoran throne.

Does this help any, or do you need other tips, ideas, or have specific situations that bother you?
  • Aela_Dragonrider
    Aela_Dragonrider
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks. Definitely gonna try it out and see how it goes.
    And no, I prefer to not take on World Bosses and Dungeons solo but it would be nice to have the capabilities to do so. Would keep me from having to stand around waiting for more people every single time :)
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Aela_Dragonrider

Ahh, my apologies! If you're looking for a dungeon damage dealer with a little bit more sturdiness, just swap out the five brass for five hunding's rage, and make sure to keep your dots up on cooldown. With that setup you should easily break 20k self buffed, which is certainly enough to do most content (dlc dungeons might require a bit more, same with vMoL and vHoF).
  • Aela_Dragonrider
    Aela_Dragonrider
    ✭✭✭
    Just tried the setup out on a Public Dungeon and it worked really well! I don't yet have the armor set-up and need to work on morphing some of the skills but most of the mobs were no trouble and the two bosses i soloed never brought me below 50% health. So, with a little practice and experimenting, I think it'll work quite well if i ever decide to solo the bigger stuff and is giving me some ideas on how to improve my set-up when doing groups or normal PvE.

So thanks again!
  • exiars10
    exiars10
    ✭✭✭
    I am very pleased this great thread is finally moved out of dumping ground i.e. general discussion :smiley:.

@DocFrost72
    DocFrost72 wrote: »
    @exiars10

You seem to have yourself a fine little sap tank! The gear you're rocking is totally fine, and I would like to shamelessly plug someone else's work for just a moment. Please watch (some, not all. It's 36 MINUTES LONG xD) before I continue;

https://youtu.be/InLqE57Ba4A

This fine gentlesir is running something very similar to yours, but if I may suggest a few small changes?

Try refreshing path instead of path of darkness. There is less damage, for sure, but more healing means more surviving, for you and your group.
    Swap either lotus fan or sap essence for siphoning strikes if you can. Not only does it give a sizeable heal, but it also give magicka sustain to you. Something you'll love having extra of with this build.

To that end, I'd even go so far as to say forgo sturdy and run all divines with either the atro or mage stones, atro is my guess as to what will benefit you more. For the monster set, I highly recommend you try either sentinel of rekugamz (your outgoing and incoming healing is going to be screen filling), or malubeth for the super vitality boost.
    Thank you very much. Because of two xp events, I had to put my Nightblade tank on waiting (but I'll do mostly as you suggested) as I CP leveled my Nightblade to CP 720 and leveled new characters to 50: magicka Sorcerer, stamina Dragonknight and stamina Warden.

Insipired by your thread and various comments, I created Warden tank for group dungeons with following gear:
    2x Tremorscale* + 5x Thunderbug‘s Carapace + 5x Warrior-Poet
    *currently farming, Volenfell is tomorrow's pledge anyway.
    I don't care about meta tank gear. I want to have fun playing and I have it as it's nature based :).

Suggest me gear combo for Dragonknight tank to be based around poison. It's for normal and non-DLC veteran dungeons (I don't play trials and veteran DLC dungeons). My current plan:
    2x Spawn of Mephala + 5x Night Terror + ???

Spawn of Mephala is obvious choice for Monster Helm set.
    I choose Night Terror (even as 3rd bonus is useless) as jewerly and weapons are highly available, cheap and 5th bonus:
    // When you take melee damage, you deal 23-2000 Poison Damage to the attacker. This effect can occur once every 1 second.

I am open to alternative to Night Terror and propose some good armor to complement it. I think to craft Fortified Brass as I can craft it in medium and light weight, depending what I'll get dropped from Mephala and from opening Undaunted chest. Also, Akaviri Dragonguard has relatively cheap armor prices. Or maybe Syvarra's Scales as I guess it would be processed from Spawn of Mephala and Night Terror, right?
    // When you deal damage, you have a 5% chance to cause a burst of lamia poison that deals 11-967 Poison damage in a 5 meter radius and an additional 66-5802 Poison damage over 6 seconds to all enemies hit. This effect can occur once every 6.5 seconds.
    Edited by exiars10 on April 25, 2018 12:00PM
    I don't play ESO since 15.06. because Cyrodiil is broken since Summerset (PvE isn't much better, too)...

Aldmeri Dominion (PC Europe via Steam)

The cowardly Wood Elves are best noted for their unwillingness to engage in a face-to-face attack; a Bosmer will strike at you from every side except the front. You won't cross swords with a Bosmer, but you might catch an arrow in the throat. Be wary in forests and jungles, and watch your back.
  • knaveofengland
    knaveofengland
    ✭✭✭
    ok @DocFrost72 .i am now bretton non vampire cp 400 templar healer , trails , vet dungeons , armour weapons etc ,skills and points in cp , have used dottz , alcast , delitas , still in 2 minds on what to finally choose /work towards .

your challenge is to do a mid range breakdown like they have done and at end level , must be able to do all content and survive , but not meta builds something original .

https://dottzgaming.com/2017/09/12/the-great-golden-healer-templar-healer-pve-build/

https://alcasthq.com/eso-magicka-templar-healer-build-pve/

http://deltiasgaming.com/eso-templar-healer/

many thanks wish you all well
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @exiars10

Glad to hear you're enjoying the build, and I'm elated to hear you're starting to theorycraft builds as well! The game needs as many people invested enough to try everything. Besides making the game healthier, it's also good because more builds, more guides, more people reached!

So, this one is going to be interesting to me, I think. I have your build, though it might be a pain to acquire (luckily it's really straightforward to farm if you can't find the items to buy). It'll be as follows;

5 Bahara's curse (body ideally, weapons if you can't find night terror weapons), 5 night terror (rings/neck and two body if you cannot get weapons), and 2 spawn of mephala.

Bahara's curse has a great bit of utility for tanks, offering you a really good uptime of healing and damage. It even looks dark and disease riddled, as you no doubt saw in that video of the sap tank. Running that will allow you to also snare enemies further, making it difficult for them to reach and harm teammates. I'd run tri stat food, lord stone, sturdy pieces (preference of mine :) ), and block cost enchants on your gear to get the best block uptime you can. Oh, and shoot for 5 heavy somewhere in this setup!

Sword and shield: Resolving Vigor, Puncture, Green Dragon's Blood, igneous shield, hardened armor, aggressive warhorn.

Two handed weapon: Venomous claw, noxious breath, brawler, molten weapons, rally, corrosive armor.

This setup will not only fit the theme you're going for, but will add some unique tank perks. Firstly, all those dots will give you a fantastic uptime on bahara's to maximize that survivability bonus. Secondly, with rally and brawler, you can not only keep yourself alive more securely, but on top of that you're going to be able to do some damage in one of the several dungeons that involve a non-tauntable boss (*Coughs at Verain Pellingair (sp), Drodda, and Sellistrix*). Right now, you'll only have full uptime on the sword and shield set. Come summerset, you'll start giving off that disease damage on your backbar too!

@knaveofengland

Howdy howdy!

My current setup on my healer (and I am by no means meta) is

5 worm cult, 5 spell power cure, master/maelstrom restos on my bars.

Two things upfront- the weapons are NOT necessary, and come Summerset I very well may be swapping to sentinel of Rekugamz and ice staff/shock staff over backbar resto.

skills are: healing springs, energy orb, healing ward, combat prayer, efficient purge, aggressive warhorn.

puncturing sweeps, channeled focus, mutagen, harness magicka, extended ritual, solar prison.

my cp for warrior is generally the same for all my characters unless I'm specializing for something:

51 ironclad, 51 thick skinned, 49 hardy, 49 elemental defender, rest split into light armor focus/spell shield to equalize resistances.

for thief I am running 44 warlord, 49 arcanist, 64 tenacity, 40 tumbling, 40 shadow ward, 3 sprinter (cause I had nothing else to spend those 3 on xD)

for the mage tree, I'm using 43 blessed, 51 elfborn, 56 elemental expert, 34 spell erosion, 14 staff expert, 2 master-at-arms, 40 thaumaturge

This setup takes into account having max cp, but at your cp I would recommend prioritizing the biggest numbers you see. Things like hardy, elemental defender, thick skinned, arcanist and tenacity, blessed, elemental expert, thaumaturge; those will all be important and give you the biggest starting difference. As for advice and gear about the middle ground, where to start? Go with 5 crafted seducer in light (3 trait set) with 3 pieces of crafted torug's pact or magnus. Purchase some healthy willpower, and dump all your attributes and enchantments into magicka from there in. This will give you a little bit of extra cushioning, but also be great for farming those group support sets.

If you want something unique that will leave an impression, I'd suggest swapping out efficient purge (for most content it is overkill- PUT IT BACK ON IN VCOS AND HoF!) for invigorating drain, the vampire skill. This will give you a metric ton of ultimate generation which will give you higher major maim or warhorn uptime, depending on your need.

As always, if I missed something, please let me know! Did I answer everything you needed answered? :)
  • exiars10
    exiars10
    ✭✭✭
    @DocFrost72

I want to thank you with the following video (I put to start from 7.24 and watch to 7.54 :smiley:):
    https://youtu.be/mInwMiBbnk0?t=444

For my stamina Nightblade tank, I'll wait for Summerset patch as you know there are some big changes (for better) for NB tanking so I'll ask you again in one month after everything is finally settled.

Warden and DK are staying the same so I do and can run them.

About proposed DK tank:
    In some other thread I typed how I don't like 2H weapons in ESO, and the same applies to DW. I am primarly bow/bow player but I like OHaS, too. Your proposal is revolutionary heretical B), but I like idea behind it.

So, OHaS on both bars with provisional skills:
    1) Pierce Armor – Heroic Slash – Hardened Armor – Igneous Shield – Absorb Magic // Standard of Might*
    2) Noxious Breath – Venomous Claw – Choking Talons – Green Dragon Blood* – Igneous Weapons // Corrosive Armor

*This is situational with Aggressive Warhorn.
    **Temporarely until I get Resolving Vigor in Cyrodiil sometime later next week.

As you can read I accepted your suggestions skill wise and adapted for OHaS ;).

Gear
    If I don't manage to get Spawn of Mephala, I'll use good old Kra'gh as I already have it.
    I use ESO Build Editor to theorycraft. There are so many possible combos... It's not overly important that gear is poison based as I'll try to stack up weapon damage as much as good alternative.

Currently lean for Armor of the Veiled Heritance: 1x heavy + 3x jewelry + 2x shields

Another major set?
    Hunding's Rage (heavy + weapons) or Shacklebreaker (heavy + weapons) or Fortified Brass (medium + weapons).

With Major Brutality and Veiled Heritance process (which is guaranteed by two DoTs i.e. Noxious Breath and Venomous Claw - thank you very much for suggestion) I can do some serious damage (I think 8-10k DPS easily).
    I don't play ESO since 15.06. because Cyrodiil is broken since Summerset (PvE isn't much better, too)...

The cowardly Wood Elves are best noted for their unwillingness to engage in a face-to-face attack; a Bosmer will strike at you from every side except the front. You won't cross swords with a Bosmer, but you might catch an arrow in the throat. Be wary in forests and jungles, and watch your back.
  • IsharaMeradin
    IsharaMeradin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'll give this a shot. Would like a build suggestion for the following:

Magicka Warden PVE Damage Dealer and backup healer. Also needs to be solo viable.

I do not want to do PVP, please no skills or gear from those activities.

My warden is a Dark Elf. Using Inferno staff due to racial passives on the front bar and restoration staff on the back bar.
    Skill wise I've followed the level advisor for Beast Caller build and working on Master Herbalist (only 1 morph and 2 passives left to purchase). Side stepped for a couple class skills that were beneficial in early solo leveling.
    Current gear is 5 piece Kagrenac's Hope, 5 piece War Maiden and the staffs are Law of Julianos. I have the Shadowrend set which I'd like to work in but not sure how. Sort of waiting till staffs become equal to 2 set pieces.
    I do not use the bear any more, rather Sleet Storm is my ultimate for taking out trash mobs especially those that spawn in around a boss.

My highest test dummy value was 12k dps in 27 seconds. I'm not worried about super high numbers, I just don't want to be the reason that a pug tank ditches our guild group in the middle of a run.
    PC-NA / PC-EU
    ID @IsharaMeradin
    Characters NA
    Verin Jenet Eshava - Dark Elf Warden (main)
    Nerissa Valin - Imperial Necromancer (secondary)
    Lugsa-Lota-Stuph - Argonian Sorcerer
    Leanne Martin - Breton Templar
    Latash Gra-Ushaba - Orc Dragonknight
    Ishara Merádin - Redguard Nightblade
    Arylina Loreal - High Elf Sorcerer
    Sasha al'Therin - Nord Necromancer
    Paula Roseróbloom - Wood Elf Warden
    Ja'Linga - Khajiit Arcanist

Characters EU
    Shallan Veil - Wood Elf Warden

ID @IsharaMeradin-Epic
    Characters NA
    Ja'Sassy-Daro - Khajiit Nightblade
  • Akinaataa
    Akinaataa
    Soul Shriven
    @DocFrost72 hello, returning player here.

I'm looking for a Frost themed "bruiser" warden. My goal is to be tanky with good sustain or mitigation and burst. I understand that you can't have the best of all world's so just do your best. I'd like sword and shield, plus destro, but I'd be fine with Sword and shield plus (insert weapon). I know little of the game just trying to get an idea of how to level my character.

I prefer orc or Argonian. I mainly PvP solo.
    Edited by Akinaataa on May 5, 2018 5:59PM
  • Madrax573
    Madrax573
    ✭✭✭
    Hey @DocFrost72

I've always like the idea of an agile shield fighter, a bit of cross between Captain America and one of the 300 Spartans kind of thing.

I've always liked it when shield can play a bigger part in physical combat.

What would you suggest Race/Class (I assume Sword and Board for weapons :) ) and skill build would be awesome mate.

Cheers

Mad
    I'm a bomb technician. If you see me running, try to keep up!
  • exiars10
    exiars10
    ✭✭✭
    @Madrax573

Hey, I am not DocFrost72, he will one day propose you gear and skills setup, but I can tell you in general - you can go no wrong with any Stamina race (choose what you prefer but Red Guard is BiS obviously) and for the class Nightblade, DK or Warden.

1) One Hand and Shield main bar:
    various class skills + Heroic Slash (Deep Slash for NB) // Dawnbreaker (choose morph you prefer)
    2) Bow back bar (typically same for all Stamina classes):
    Endless Hail - Poison Injection - Rearming Trap - Razor Caltrops - Resolving Vigor*** //

***for solo and PUG play as never count on strangers to do properly their job.

I will list you probably must have class skills (in brackets are situational).

Nightblade: Surprise Attack, Killer's Blade, Relentless Focus, Soul Harvest (Leeching Strikes)
    Dragonknight: Venomous Claw, Noxious Breath, Molten Weapons (choose morph you prefer) (Flames of Oblivion, Standard of Might, Corrosive Armor)
    Also you can slot Expert Hunter for passives on the front bar for NB and DK (instead of Flames of Oblivion).
    Warden: Subterranean Assault, Bull Netch, Wild Guardian (Cutting Dive, Green Lotus)

Hope it helps :).
    Edited by exiars10 on May 8, 2018 7:42AM

• Thorstienn
    Thorstienn
    ✭✭✭
    @Madrax573
    What @exiars10 said above is great for Max DPS using a shield instead of DW. Basically your standard BiS build, substituting in heroic slash and a damageshield/evasion for DW skills.

If you want a more Shield focused build I can share mine:

Race: Redguard (I use Nord cause Viking! Slight difference in damage, less sustain but bonus survivability)
    Class: Sorcerer (all our damage is Physical)
    Mundus: Warrior
    Food: Blue stam/health
    ATT. 64 Stam
    Gear: All Divines All Medium but Monster shoulder (heavy)
    Slimecraw Monster (bonus crit and damage buff)
    5 Automatons (Physical damage)
    3Jewel Knights-errant (shield skills damage; next patch can transmute to robust)
    1h and shield Knight -errant
    Bow can be whatever you like, but Maelstrom preference.

Shield bar; Shielded Assault, Deep Slash(can go heroic if you want more ulti), Power Slam, Rearming Trap, Evil Hunter - Flawless Dawnbreaker.
    Bow bar; Endless Hail, Poison Inject, Caltrops, Hurricane, Crit Surge - Ballista

Easy to play, fun and effective; advanced tactic - try bash canceling at the end of abilities for more damage!
  • Madrax573
    Madrax573
    ✭✭✭
    Cheers Fellas,

I am running a Nord warden right now. Only lvl just got lvl 15 so I'll do a bit of rejig along the line you have suggested.

Really like the Warden class, very versatile!
    I'm a bomb technician. If you see me running, try to keep up!
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Whew, okay sorry for the absence! Last week was a wild ride. I've been trying to get my PC back and fixed, and for now it is stable.

Firstly, @exiars10 I laughed so hard I just concerned my entire family. That video is hilarious xD

NB changes should be interesting...actually, all tanks should be next patch. I'm excited to get under the hood with the meditation skill that provides major protection and restores resources. I have a hunch that with the right timing and buffs at the time you start meditating, you can have similar defenses as blocking while gaining resources, including health.

I apologize, I didn't realize/remember if you disliked 2h weapons! All the same, the revamp you did looks good! The only thing I'll caution you on is that your 20 second armor buff front bar with green dragon blood back bar *may* give you trouble if you need a big heal asap and the healer is asleep- that said, I know you're good to go on it, so the positioning is more a suggestion than any type of hard advice! And yes, I love standard in pugs. Sometimes, one of my teammates actually activates the synergy, and I feel better for the three bone shields they didn't take!

Also those setups look good. You in theory should be able to even do more damage than that; I know sorc tanks can get up to 15k thanks to hurricane and light attack weaving, so I have no doubts you can reach that too. Also, I hadn't even thought of heritance- great spot!

@IsharaMeradin

Howdy!

Don't worry, you won't need any alliance war skills for what you wanna do. If you get serious about healing, you may consider going in to get purge but again, not mandatory even then.

Actually, what you've got isn't a terrible setup by any stretch. You want to balance group healing with damage, and utility with damage. To that end, if I may be so bold as to suggest a new gear setup and a bar setup? You'll want to grab 5 pieces julianos, keep that 5 piece war maiden, and slap on shadowrend once Summerset goes live. The best part of all this? War maiden directly buffs your damage and it's 2-5 show this. Julianos actually will help both your damage and your healing. Not only does higher spell damage equate to more impressive healing, but the bonus crit can be the difference between a 10k and a 16k heal (base). Shadowrend is actually a really good set for what you want to do, and I'll break down why. It gives utility in the form of minor maim (which if the tank or an ice dps is not providing is wonderful), it gives bonus to healing with its magicka regen passive to keep you topped off, and it deals damage as a pet, gaining some bonuses from your magicka and CP!

As for skills, I'll stay within your fire staff-resto guideline, as it is actually pretty good :)

Fire staff: screaming cliff racer, fetcher infection, winter's revenge, blockade of fire, blue betty, northern storm.

resto staff: healing springs, expansive frost cloak, healing ward, enchanted growth, lotus blossom, Light's Champion.

This setup should definitely hit 20k self buffed dps, if not more. The biggest thing is that you are able to heal as you damage through lotus blossom. Not as effectively as a NB, for example, but that can easily be covered by swapping enchanted growth for mutagen if your team does not need the magicka/stamina regen. For testing dps, you'll want to find yourself a 3 million or 6 million (I recommend 3 million to start and get used to a rotation) health dummy. They are available in game or through the crown store, but see if a friend or guild mate has one first! What you want to do is whack it till it dies, and it'll give you the total damage you'll have done in a fight. Here's some things to help you out;

-Grab Spell Power Potions. You can craft these, or buy them. They ensure 100% uptime of major savagery and major prophecy to help you, if you have the medicinal use passive from the alchemy crafting line.

-light attack in between spells, try to do it so fast that when you light attack and press the spell button, they go off together. They are on seperate cool-downs, so this means you can light attack, hit that skill button a half heartbeat later, and land both at once (ish)!

-Resto heavies restore more magicka, if you're in a pinch. They also can't miss like fire staves can.

-Keep your dots up! Never recast a dot early though, let it fall off to throw another screaming cliff racer, then reapply dots. You lose more dps reapplying them too soon as opposed to letting it drop off a second or two.

Does this help? Is there more I can do? Ping me! :)

@Akinaataa

Greets, and welcome back!

I will admit I have spent a grand total of three or four hours on a warden in pvp (and it was to get myself vigor and caltrops only), but as I promised in the beginning if I do not know something, I will gather resources for you!

https://alcasthq.com/eso-stamina-warden-pvp-build/ One possible setup (courtesy of alcast, once more)

Tricks and tips from Kodipvp, who is (was, I heard something happened?) one of the players I would absolutely listen to without hesitation. There's a few good tips in this video :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfiJWJxiqOY

My spin; You're going to want to, in pvp, give yourself heavy armor. That will help your sustain, and mitigation. The best part is that you can wear sets like veiled heritance and seventh legion to get those defensive buffs while also getting a proc (proceduraly randomized occurance) of big damage. If you're low cp, try fighting in the under 50 or no cp campaigns for a while, and definitely test out the water a lot there. Argonians will give you fantastic sustain with their potion passives, and orcs will give you some extra oomph with your 2-hander.

Also, if you're looking for something that draws more from both magicka and stamina, give this video a try! (I *believe* this is JackDaniels youtube- I could be wrong and someone please tell me if I am. I like to give credit where it is due!)

https://youtu.be/tp-09x2A1-U

@Madrax573

My friends @exiars10 and @Thorstienn gave you really solid advice! I've so far tried stam dk, stam sorc, and stam nightblade with sword and shield and I love them all (still have the nightblade, but looking to make a templar soon). Since Exiars gave you three, and Thorstienn gave you a sorc on top, I'll add one more onto it in case you want a templar at some point!

I'd go 5 automaton and hunding's rage, with your monster setup being Selene's, Kra'gh, or velidreth (I prefer Selene's, but Kra'gh is easy to obtain and more effective in non-optimized groups). You'll want your rings and neck enchanted with weapon damage glyphs, your armor enchanted any way that gives you 18k health and the rest stam after having eaten blue stam-health foods and spending your attributes. All medium, all divines, warrior mundus (lover works well too, come summerset). Sharpend one hander, divine shield, I run precise bow but that is just my maelstrom's current trait. Enchant your one handed weapon with the berserker enchant and your shield with max stam or health, and enchant your bow with either restore stamina or poison/disease damage (could also use poison on you bow, if you are into alchemy).

Skills:

Sword and shield- Biting jabs, low slash, power of the light, re-arming trap, resolving vigor, flawless dawnbreaker/crescent sweep.

bow- Spear shards, poison injection, endless hail, razor caltrops, repentance, balista

Once you hit undaunted rank 9, you'll have a passive available to you that would benefit you to go and make 1 or two pieces of medium into heavy, as Thorstienn suggests!

And lastly, I want to take a second to thank you both, @exiars10 and @Thorstienn for helping while I was otherwise occupied. It gives me hope that there are people willing to help others and use their knowledge to make gameplay better for everyone involved, and I am sincerely grateful you both took your time to help a person in need on this thread. If you play PCNA, send me your @ and I'll thank you personally :)
  • IsharaMeradin
    IsharaMeradin
    ✭✭✭✭
    @DocFrost72
    I had made some changes since my post and managed to hit a 19k dps on my precursor dummy. But that setup left me with zero self or group heals. A little additional tweaking to include some heals I manage to hit 17k to 18k consistently on the precursor.

5 Julianos (includes staves)
    4 Necropotence (includes all jewelry)
    2 Shadowrend

Front bar - Destro staff (nirnhoned): Wall of elements, fetcher infection, screaming cliff racer, destructive clench, inner light, northern storm
    back bar - resto staff (powered): blue betty netch, lotus blossom, ice shards, shalks, budding seeds, northern storm

I tried using enchanted growth and while sometimes helpful if everyone is lined up right, I found budding seeds to be more intuitive. I can double cast in a pinch to fully heal or leave it to bloom. Plus I have more control over where it gets placed.

I broke down and followed Alcast for the CP points, randomly guessing obviously wasn't working. (magicka warden pve build)
    I still have the war maiden in storage should I need that again.

I take those dummy tests with a grain of salt tho. They don't take into consideration the need to move around to dodge attacks, that the shadowrend pet gets summoned, etc. Plus under pressure, I have a hard time maintaining any sort of rotation. I can follow a skill pattern but trying to toss in light attacks in between, that messes me up. I end up doing it at the wrong time and screw both attacks up.

There is a lot to watch out for in a fight, especially in a dungeon, that I tend to sacrifice redoing buffs (including any potions) in favor of just staying alive. Tho sometimes my bar doesn't swap when I thought I pressed the button and I'm spamming buffs instead of attacks.

I did have to heal in one dungeon where my guild group thought they could handle it with a tank and 3 damage dealers. Modified my back bar by dropping out the two attacks and adding in two additional class healing skills. That seemed to work. Go in lay down attacks from front bar, fall back and keep everyone else healed up, switch to front bar only to reapply dots.

I do like that I can go into any delve or public dungeon and starting with my back bar cast ice shards followed by shalks, switch, lay down wall of elements and in most cases before I can even cast fetcher infection most or all are dead. Especially if one got close enough to damage me and cause the shadowrend pet to appear.
    PC-NA / PC-EU
    ID @IsharaMeradin
    Characters NA
    Verin Jenet Eshava - Dark Elf Warden (main)
    Nerissa Valin - Imperial Necromancer (secondary)
    Lugsa-Lota-Stuph - Argonian Sorcerer
    Leanne Martin - Breton Templar
    Latash Gra-Ushaba - Orc Dragonknight
    Ishara Merádin - Redguard Nightblade
    Arylina Loreal - High Elf Sorcerer
    Sasha al'Therin - Nord Necromancer
    Paula Roseróbloom - Wood Elf Warden
    Ja'Linga - Khajiit Arcanist

Characters EU
    Shallan Veil - Wood Elf Warden

ID @IsharaMeradin-Epic
    Characters NA
    Ja'Sassy-Daro - Khajiit Nightblade
  • exiars10
    exiars10
    ✭✭✭
    @DocFrost72

No problem for helping. I hope you fixed your PC. You can see in my signature I play on European PC megaserver (and you can see my characters, too ;)).

Three, two, one: good, good, it's all good, good, good, good, Doctor you are incredible, Doctor you got so good looking, Doctor you are vanier than ever seen, wow Doctor your cycling spin class in the morning is really paying off, Doctor, Doctor how much protein do you eat, Doctor how I access to your steroids, Doctor what kind of king size water bad do you have, what's your make, Doctor where is your where is your... OK, shut up! [That's all what I have to say about your contribution] :smiley:

This and "Everything needed to know about bow/bow" are my two favourite threads in whole forum by far. I found some other players post off meta builds but it's mostly buried in various threads and is painful to find them... I play as ranger (bow/bow) DD which is completely off meta and I never saw ranger player in group dungeons ever :/. Dinosaurs. I (want to) play as off meta tank and healer, too.

I still don't have time to finish my DK tank gear... From ESO Build Editor I am almost sure I'll go with:
    2x Spawn of Mephala + 5x Hunding's Rage (heavy) + 5x Armor of Veiled Heritance

Proc sets are nice, but I want to be more active and do more damage. Also, I'll try to play as 2H on back bar. Maybe this time I can make it but if not I'll get back to good ol' OHaS. As I understand 2H can help with the faster clearing trash and Brawler gives me shield so I would run on back bar (provisional):
    Noxious Breath – Venomous Claw –Brawler – Reverse Slice – Rally

All in all, I'll try as 2H. Two days ago I played with two guild mates and one was DK tank with, you guess, 2H on back bar and he was all right.

I super enjoy playing Warden. I typed in other thread I switched from classic OHaS/OHaS tank combo to OHaS + Ice Staff combo and that's the best thing I ever did in this game. My current bars look like (to have all passive bonuses):
    1) Pierce Armor – Heroic Slash – Ice Fortress – Gripping Shards – Bull Netch // Enchanted Forest
    2) Elemental Blockade – Shimmering Shield – Green Lotus – Subterranean Assault – Polar Wind* // Permafrost

*bad skill IMO, until I get Vigor in Cyrodiil

This combo is super fun and crazy, can almost perma block just from switching bars, DPS goes up to 7-8k DPS and have great utility.

Now Doc, I need your next advice/suggestion. My Warden is ranger DD and Ice tank. You can guess what's next - stamina healer B)! I saw bow/bow healers as Warden skills can utilize it.

Proposed gear:
    Sentinel of Rkugamz* + 5x Powerful Assault + 5x Shacklebreaker

*once Summerset hits I'll run as full (2x) set. I am totaly open to some other Monster suggestion.
    I think Powerful Assault is simply a must because 5th bonus is obviously triggered from Vigor.
    I can't think of any other additional set than Shacklebreaker as it gives everything for hybrid build.

In ESO Build Editor stats - Dubious Camoran Throne + various glyphs + attributes (+7 health / +57 stamina) + The Warrior Mundus:
    18k health + 14,2k magicka (~1k regen) + 33,5k stamina (~1,9k regen).
    Weapon damage is 2,3k with infused bows (weapon damage glyphs) but because of Bull Netch and PA it's 2,9k actually.

EDIT
    I switched to Witchmother's Potent Brew and it does work, too - 17,6k magicka and 30k stamina but both regens are at almost 1,4k. We'll see.

Proposed skill bars:
    1) Subterranean Assault – Echoing Vigor – Soothing Spores – Ice Fortress – Bull Netch // Reviving or Replenishing Barrier*
    2) Efficient Purge – Energy Orb – Bone Surge – Green Lotus – Deceptive Predator** // Enchanted Forest

*Also Aggressive Horn or some Barrier morph? In high DPS group Warhorn obviously, but otherwise waste.
    **mostly slotted for Animal Companions passives but can be useful in some situations.

I am open to any suggestion as always so I can further improve build :).

Edited by exiars10 on May 10, 2018 8:57AM

• Thorstienn
    Thorstienn
    ✭✭✭
    @DocFrost72
    I'm on NA server, same name as here. But your thanks was enough.
    I had just been playing around with 1 or my shield guys on PTS so it was fresh in my mind.
    Like what you do here, after all it's just a game and everyone wants to have fun, but still be able to do their role. And you do a great job of helping people do both.
  • Akinaataa
    Akinaataa
    Soul Shriven
    @DocFrost72 Second Idea, Also for PvP (Yes I know you are not a PvPer)

A "Dark/Blood Paladin". Heavy Armour, S&B, Mag Nightblade! (No idea if this is Meta)

Once again I prefer Orcs or Argonians. I dont care if my racials will Gimp me.

• Jeopardy93
    Jeopardy93
    Soul Shriven
    Would spider cultists and queen's elegance work well together for heavy attack build. Since spider cultists would also boost destro staff light and heavy damage?
  • Thorstienn
    Thorstienn
    ✭✭✭
    @Jeopardy93
    If you are meaning a standard build, with that gear to use with a HA rotation: no.
    Generally speaking, sets that buff a particular source of damage (Cultist, Netch, Knights errant etc) need a rotation that has ~75% damage come from that source.
    For a more thematic build, sure.
    I would suggest Sorc or DK but could see them all working.
    Have any preferences for a starting point?
  • Thorstienn
    Thorstienn
    ✭✭✭
    @exiars10
    Re. Warden Stam healer. Why not go the full yards and use hercines veneer instead of shacklebreaker!? Bring back the Stam meta haha. But that's how I see a true Stam healer. I'd also go dual world swords/daggers for the WP/crit on your heals.
    I like Sentinel of Rkugamz for this build as the true Stamina healer that buffs Stam. Earthgore is another good option for the rough stuff.
    Just my 2c
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DocFrost72 you can help me, by sending 2 pcs. of either Plague Doctor's or Green Pact charged Frost Staves cp160, for my icy warden :). These items are so rare, probably everyone scrap them the moment they get them ;). We can settle up later...
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • exiars10
    exiars10
    ✭✭✭
    Thorstienn wrote: »
    @exiars10
    Re. Warden Stam healer. Why not go the full yards and use hercines veneer instead of shacklebreaker!? Bring back the Stam meta haha. But that's how I see a true Stam healer. I'd also go dual world swords/daggers for the WP/crit on your heals.
    I like Sentinel of Rkugamz for this build as the true Stamina healer that buffs Stam. Earthgore is another good option for the rough stuff.
    Just my 2c
    I still didn't create my Warden healer as I simply don't have time to play Cyrodiil with her (I hope finally next week). I also have to finish her as DD but I have terrible time in Bangkorai farming Spriggan's purple jewelry :/.

I am sure I will use Powerfull Assault. I am still not settled for the secondary set. I prefer Shacklebreaker because of the raw stats for hybrid build. I also plan to play as both healer in PvE (with guild mates and friends) and a lot of in Cyrodiil PvP.
    Just ignoring Hircine's Veneer as a bad set IMO, I would never use that set even if it was BiS simply cause RP reasons ;).
    Sentinel of Rkugamz for PvE and Troll King for PvP as Earthgore is out of reach.
    And I really don't like dual wielding. Just read my signature ;).

EDIT
    Hiricine's Veneer: This item set now reduces the cost of all Stamina abilities by 4% instead of increasing Stamina Recovery for you and your group by 12%.

Hm... This set from IMO almost trash to be stamina version of Worm's Raiment.
    Edited by exiars10 on May 21, 2018 1:36PM

• Bansidhe1965
    Altmer...Mageblade or Stamblade ?

I have been looking at Alcasts and Deltias/Dottz's (sp?) builds and leaning towards Mageblade,this will be my second character here and Altmer is a must,so any advice appreciated :)
    Edited by Bansidhe1965 on May 21, 2018 9:12PM
    The bridges burning behind us merely light our way forward PC-NA Main: Hepzebah Mag / sorc
  • AngryUSAman
    @DocFrost72 So, I posted this in it's own thread but haven't gotten any responses yet, so I figured I would ask you to help me with a build. I haven't logged into the game for over a year, but I have a Redguard stam DK who uses 2h/bow. I want to make the switch to DW/Bow instead using a build I found on deltiasgaming since I really don't have a solid enough grasp on the game mechanics to create my own build, but I'm open to any build that will be strong enough to survive which I'm struggling with right now. My purpose for this stam DK is to put out as much dps as possible while being able to survive running a public dungeon by myself and/or carrying my less than skilled roommate along with me. My problem is that my DW skill is extremely low, like level 5 or so. What I'm looking for is a setup to level up my DW while using 2h and/or bow to accomplish that and not be a total weakling. I'm willing to respec and put points in the right skills. My fighter's guild is only level 7 and I don't have any idea on how to get the Psijic or Assault skill lines at all. I have a little over 160 CP to spend. I would really appreciate some advice on how to get my DW up to par (if that's the route you think i should take) since I don't want to reroll another DK just for this weapon skill that I'm lacking. Also, how should I allocate my CP? I'm limited in gear and don't have any multiplayer content drops but I might be able to craft a set of Hunding's Rage or buy some cheap gear if necessary. Normal mobs are owning me pretty hard right now so I'd very much appreciate your help.
  • Thorstienn
    Thorstienn
    ✭✭✭
    @AngryUSAman
    Easiest way to level a skill line, is to fill your range bar with skills from that line and join a dolmen train (Alikir desert). Ie Bow bar: flurry, twin slashes, whirlwind, blade cloak, hidden blade. Just unlock and add them as you level the skill line. just try and light attack as many mobs as possible, dont swap bar or anything, gear doesnt matter.

Also, that is the most boring method haha.

If you want to actually play: and you say you have crafting, I suggest the following;

Gear: (just craft CP150 and upgrade to Blue to save on Materials; if you really want, craft Hundings to CP160, but NOT Night Mother's)
    Hundings Rage: Heavy chest (survivability), Medium Legs, belt, boots and hands. (all Divines if you can, 2nd best infused)
    Night Mothers Gaze: Heavy head (as above), Medium shoulders (all Divines if you can, 2nd best infused) and 2h Weapon (Sharpened, Defending or infused) and Bow (Sharpened, precise or infused)
    Agility Rings and neck (or any stamina rings and neck you can find at lvl)

Enchants: try and put a healthy enchant on your chest and head, this will give you a bit more health, the rest Stamina. (just what you find)

Put 10 points in Health, then 54 in Stamina: This will give you around 19.5k Health.

Get the LOVER mundus stone.

CP: for CP160 something like; 49 Mooncalf 4 Tenacity. 44 Ironclad, 9 Bastion. 41 Piercing, 13 Master at Arms.

2h Bar: Noxious Breath, Venomous Claw, Brawler (your spammable for now), Flurry, Twin Slashes - Standard of Might
    Bow Bar: Endless Hail, Poison Injection, Hardened Armor, Igneous Weapon, Flurry - Standard of Might
    Rotation, start on Bow and work left to right, swap weapons left to right then ~3 Brawler, repeat.

When you hit Dual Wield Rank 14, replace flurry with Whirlwind. Once you can, morph Whirlwind to Steel Tornado. Once there, you CAN switch to dual wield weapons and start running bars closer to an endgame build.

Hope that helps.

P.S Psijic skill line is new in Summerset and you have to travel there then follow the main quest and it will eventually unlock.
    Assault skill line is earned/leveled through PVP (Battlegrounds or Cyrodil)
  • AngryUSAman
    @Thorstienn So, I took your advice and levelled DW a bit with dolmens which I also needed to do for Fighter's Guild so that worked out well. I got my DW to 32 and I wanted to show you the build I'm working toward and get your thoughts on it (also @DocFrost72) . It's at this link:

https://alcasthq.com/eso-stamina-dragonknight-build-pve/

Right now I have Venemous Claw, Rending Slashes, Trap Beast, Inferno (working on morphing this), Deadly Cloak, and Magma Armor on my DW front bar and

Endless Hail, Noxious Breath, Poison Injection, Silver Leash, Deadly Cloak, and Standard of Might on my bow bar.

I'm working toward fighter's guild level 10 for Dawnbreaker to replace Magma Armor and I've started the Summerset main quest line to work toward getting Crushing Weapon to replace Deadly Cloak on my DW front bar. Without Crushing Weapon, I don't really have a spammable so the rotation gets awkward during longer fights.

I'm really bummed that this build that I linked calls for Caltrops since I've never been into Pvp and from what I understand, it's going to take a long time grinding in pvp to get that particular ability from the assault skill line.

Do you guys see something that is sub-optimal in the way I have things set up right now that I could easily fix by replacing it with another skill that I have easy access to? So far, this setup has allowed me to at least not die even though I've had a few close calls but I think that's because I'm not used to this build and/or ESO in general right now. Anyway, the advice I've gotten here has helped me survive against normal mobs and the occasional "one box" boss so at least that's progress.