Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

If you could design a set what would it do?

Tasear
Tasear
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Within reason how would your set function? Would it be balanced? Would it be good for dps, tank or healer?
Edited by Tasear on June 17, 2018 10:53PM
  • DamenAJ
    DamenAJ
    ✭✭✭✭
    It'd be a stam set thats 5piece bonus does exactly what critical surge does, so I could have that survivability on all my stam characters.

edit: typo
    Edited by DamenAJ on June 17, 2018 9:46PM
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mine would do this:-

(2 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
    (3 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina
    (4 items) Adds 129 Spell Damage
    (4 items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage
    (5 items) Damaging an enemy has a 10% chance to put a Leeching Shadow on them, dealing 853 Oblivion Damage every 1 second for 6 seconds. This effect can occur every 6 seconds.
  • Malacthulhu
    Malacthulhu
    ✭✭✭✭
    agegarton wrote: »
    Mine would do this:-

(2 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
    (3 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina
    (4 items) Adds 129 Spell Damage
    (4 items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage
    (5 items) Damaging an enemy has a 10% chance to put a Leeching Shadow on them, dealing 853 Oblivion Damage every 1 second for 6 seconds. This effect can occur every 6 seconds.

That was my idea!!

Mine would be
    (2 items) physical resist
    (3 items) magic resist
    (4 items) health
    (5 items) When you take magic damage you have a 5% chance to gain x stam and when you take physical damage you have a %5 chance to gain x magic.

It would be a tanking set, I left x because I do not know what values would work even the percentage should be y% etc. Mainly a sustain set.
    Edited by Malacthulhu on June 17, 2018 9:55PM
    Xbox One Na
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kinda cheating here but: Ability altering weapons that set their skill lines to scale off the opposite resource. So, 2h, DW, S&B, and Bows that scaled off Max Magicka and Spell Damage, staves that scaled off Max Stamina and Weapon Damage (probably changing the destro staves to physical, disease, and poison.)
    Edited by starkerealm on June 17, 2018 9:55PM
  • zacvanm
    zacvanm
    ✭✭✭
    1) Adds X Max Stam
    2) Adds X Max Mag
    3) Adds X Max Health
    4) Adds X H, M, S Recovery
    5) Become immune to Lagging, Freezing, and Disconnecting while in Cyrodiil.
    EP Nord StamDK PvP
    EP Breton Magplar PvP/PvE
    1750cp
    PS-NA
  • TheUndeadAmulet
    TheUndeadAmulet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zacvanm wrote: »
    1) Adds X Max Stam
    2) Adds X Max Mag
    3) Adds X Max Health

No blatantly op sets okay?
    XBOX NA 1000+ CP
    nerf ping please
  • zacvanm
    zacvanm
    ✭✭✭
    zacvanm wrote: »
    1) Adds X Max Stam
    2) Adds X Max Mag
    3) Adds X Max Health

No blatantly op sets okay?

Lol I’d still probably get wrecked by Time Stop and 30 people hitting me with Sloads..but ok
    EP Nord StamDK PvP
    EP Breton Magplar PvP/PvE
    1750cp
    PS-NA
  • Carl-lan
    Carl-lan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kinda cheating here but: Ability altering weapons that set their skill lines to scale off the opposite resource. So, 2h, DW, S&B, and Bows that scaled off Max Magicka and Spell Damage, staves that scaled off Max Stamina and Weapon Damage (probably changing the destro staves to physical, disease, and poison.)

This would be pretty cool but!!!
  • Shadow-Fighter
    Shadow-Fighter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would design 12 piece set for dw builds and 11 pieces for two hander. 5 pieces sets are old xD

Just combine old sets to 10-12 sets.
    Natch Potes is like a box of chocolates - you never know what you're gonna get
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Velsa's Armor of the Illustrious Launderer. (medium)

(2 items) Adds 1200 Maximum Stamina
    (3 items) Adds 250 Stamina Recovery
    (4 items) Adds 400 Weapon Critical
    (4 items) Grants Minor Expedition at all times.
    (5 items) Doubles the number of items you can sell to a fence per day (if worn for the last 24 hours)
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    (2) Weapon Damage
    (3) Weapon Damage
    (4) Weapon Damage
    (5) Immune to Snares and Roots
  • Oxalias
    Oxalias
    ✭✭✭
    1p - Health or Stam
    2p - Health or Stam
    3p - Physical resistance
    4p - Magicka recovery

If I could make a set for PvP tanking, it would reduce the cost of block, have a 7% chance to heal 1300 health taking damage, and would lower damage done against enemy players by 20%. (Not to be confused with lowering damage taken).

Not that this would fix all tanking's problems, but it would make it slightly better.
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bonecallers Arnaments. (Heavy)
    • 2: Adds [x] Max Stamina.
    • 3: Adds [x] Max Health.
    • 4: Adds [x] Physical Resistance.
    • 4: Adds [x] Spell Resistance.
    • 5: When you take damage, you have a 15% chance to summon 3 Risen Dead for 15 seconds, the Risen Dead’s attacks deal [x] physical damage, if they are not killed within 15 seconds, they explode for [x] physical damage. This can only occur once every 25 seconds.

“Primarily designed for tanking with a innate chance of summoning risen dead(by taking damage) like a bone colossus as a deterrent to enemies (as a type of minor diversion).”
    Edited by Skullstachio on June 17, 2018 10:46PM
    "When the human race learns to read the language of symbolism, a great veil will fall from the eyes of men." ~Manly P. Hall
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DamenAJ wrote: »
    It'd be a stam set thats 5piece bonus does exactly what critical surge does, so I could have that survivability on all my stam characters.

@DamenAJ Have you tried Briarheart? It fills that role pretty well, while adding about as much damage as Hundings.

• starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@DamenAJ Have you tried Briarheart? It fills that role pretty well, while adding about as much damage as Hundings.

50% more than Hundings while active. It's on par with sets like Automaton and War Maiden's for that. Unfortunately, uptime is an issue (though the set's been bugged for a couple patches now.)
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

50% more than Hundings while active. It's on par with sets like Automaton and War Maiden's for that. Unfortunately, uptime is an issue (though the set's been bugged for a couple patches now.)

What's wrong with it?
  • ankeor
    ankeor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Briarheart?
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thickness of the Paleologist

(1 item) Increases All of the wearers Movement Speeds including Sneak, Mount and Running Speeds by 35%
    (2 items) Adds 1200 Maximum Stamina
    (3 items) Adds 1200 Maximum Magicka
    (4 items) Adds 20% Magicka Defense
    (4 items) Adds 20% Impenetrable Defense
    (5 items) while wearing 5 Pieces the Wearer is Enlightened by the Ancient Dwemer Spirits causing constant immunity to ALL crowd control effects, Allows the wearer to enter or exit stealth with constant immunity to stealth detection.
    However, when the wearer exits stealth his Damage is Cursed by the Dwemer Spirit to Decrease the Wearers Damage to -78% of Damage for 2 seconds.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would start from reworking currently useless sets instead of adding new ones.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »
    I would start from reworking currently useless sets instead of adding new ones.

For fun what are some things you would do with old sets to make them anew? How would it function better in gameplay? Who would use it?
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    2) Health
    3)Stam/mag
    4)Mag/stam recovery
    5) Increases the potency of any consumable by 20%

It'd be about 1000 m/s/h on tri food, and about 100 of each regen on tri potions. If it can't buff the effect, it'd buff the time.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • gamerguy757
    gamerguy757
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These are my Light Armor sets

Mage's Spirit
    (2 Items) 1096 Max Magicka
    (3 Items) 1096 Max Magicka
    (4 Items) 1096 Max Magicka
    (5 Items) 4000 Max Magicka

Ward Master
    (2 Items) 1096 Max Health
    (5 Items) Increase shield strength on yourself by 15%, but decrease your magicka recovery by 15% when a shield is active.

Psychic Eye
    (3 Items) 1096 Magicka Recovery
    (5 Items) When you deal critical damage with Magic Damage, you have a 10% chance to ignore 100% of critical resistance.

• Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These are my Light Armor sets

Mage's Spirit
    (3 Items) 1096 Max Magicka
    (5 Items) 4000 Max Magicka

Ward Master
    (5 Items) Increase shield strength on yourself by 15%, but decrease your magicka recovery by 15% when a shield is active.

Psychic Eye
    (3 Items) 1096 Magicka Recovery
    (5 Items) When you deal critical damage with Magic Damage, you have a 10% chance to ignore 100% of critical resistance.

I think idea of negative effect on top of proc buff is interesting.
  • Fiktius
    Fiktius
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is a set which I would like to have:

2) Adds X maximum magicka
    3) Adds X maximum stamina
    4) Adds X magicka and stamina recovery
    5) Increases the movement speed by X %.

Technically it would be a sustain set with speed bonus, which would help in combat at PvP. :)
    Edited by Fiktius on June 17, 2018 11:20PM
  • MrSensible
    MrSensible
    ✭✭✭
    Mine would be a PVP oriented set:

The Noxious Cloud Set:
    (2 Items) x critical resistence
    (3 Items) x stam recovery
    (4 Items) x mag recovery
    (5 Items) When you are afflicted with a negative status effect, you have a 50% chance of inflicting the same status effect back on the attacker.

Might be cool?
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »

What's wrong with it?

The cooldown on its proc doesn't work right. I can't remember if heal will proc without the main proc firing, or if the set can refresh it's proc. I think it's the latter, but don't quote me.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »

What's wrong with it?

The cooldown on its proc doesn't work right. I can't remember if heal will proc without the main proc firing, or if the set can refresh it's proc. I think it's the latter, but don't quote me.

Interesting, let me know if you find out.
  • DamenAJ
    DamenAJ
    ✭✭✭✭

I was thinking about trying it on an alt, but like someone else mentioned, it's the uptime I'm worried about. Crit surge is constant as long as you refresh it, no cooldown.
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Death Of Worm: Trials healer set

2) Mag
    3) mag recovery
    4) mag recovery
    5) Adds reduces the cost of you and your groups abilities by 6% while in trials or dungeons

op prob not, kills worm, yes

Shrouds of the gatherer: Farming Set

2) Stam recovery
    3) Stam recovery
    4) Stam Recovery
    5) Allows Stamina to Regen while Sprinting out of combat
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd do a fun animal-themed set, such as a set that summons wolves to attack mobs for a short duration. Something like that would be fun for wardens.