The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

If you could design a set what would it do?

• josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can tell you one thing...it sure as hell wouldn't be a proc set.

Tank:

2 Pieces: Add X Physical and Spell resistance
    3 Pieces: Add X Health
    4 Pieces: Add X Stamina and Magicka Recovery
    5 Pieces: Add X max Stamina and max Magicka

DPS:(make Hybrid viable)

2 Pieces: Add X Spell and Weapon critical
    3 Pieces: Add X max Magicka
    4 Pieces: Add X max Stamina
    5 Pieces: Your weapon and spell critical both become the higher of the 2 values

Healer:(the stamina side here is just to make it viable for the rare stam healer as well, probably too strong so would have to be split into 2 different sets, one for stam and one for magicka)

2 Pieces: Add X Spell and Weapon Critical
    3 Pieces: Add X Magicka and Stamina Recovery
    4 Pieces: Add X max Magicka and max Stamina
    5 Pieces: When you heal a friendly target at full health, increase their Weapon and Spell critical rating by X for 5 seconds, this effect can occur once every 10 seconds.

• Slack
    Slack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1: no bonus
    2: no bonus
    3: no bonus
    4: no bonus
    5 items: negate all hostile procs
    Edited by Slack on June 19, 2018 3:59PM
    PC EU
    Betty Breeze - Magwarden
    Hunts S'hitblades - Stamplar
    Aschavi - Magplar
  • Crafts_Many_Boxes
    Crafts_Many_Boxes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My 5pc bonus would be a proc chance to automatically send a complaint to ZOS to fix their game for steam users. 10s cooldown :wink:
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Déjà vu

2) Health
    3)Stam/mag
    4)Mag/stam recovery
    5) 2% chance to blink back 3 seconds n Repeat all attacks made during time period at no additional cost
  • firedrgn
    firedrgn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you slot a bow in both bars.

1. Stam recov
    2. Stam recov
    3. 1.5k stam
    4. 1.5 k stam
    5. Weapon damge to bow la and ha and bow a abilities 750 wd
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a serious set and a set that would be amazing but only useful in one situation:

The Farmers Revenge:

2) Stam Recovery
    3) Increase Movement Speed
    4) Stam Recovery
    5) AOEs you place on top of a resource node or locked chest deal 20,000 oblivion damage per second to all players not in your group as long as you are in combat. If a player dies to this ability, they can re-spawn without needing to use a soul gem.

And for a serious set, I love the idea of ability altering weapons. More specifically, damage type altering weapons.

Not sure on the name, but each weapon type would alter the damage types of all of your abilities:

Flame Staff: All damage abilities that use magicka now deal flame damage instead of magic/shock/frost.

Lightning Staff: All damage abilities that use magicka now deal shock damage instead of magic/fire/frost.

Frost Staff: All damage abilities that use magicka now deal frost damage instead of magic/shock/fire.

Restro Staff: All damage abilities that use magicka now deal magicka damage instead of frost/fire/shock.

Dual Wield: All damage abilities that use stamina now deal physical damage instead of poison/disease and light and heavy attacks add X amount of bleed damage.

Two-Handed: All damage abilities that use stamina now deal physical damage instead of poison/disease and light and heavy attacks deal X amount of damage based on the number of enemies hit.

Sword and Shield: All damage abilities that use stamina now deal disease damage instead of poison/physical and consecutive light and heavy attacks increase the effectiveness of defile by X% stacking no more than 5 times.

Bow: All damage abilities that use stamina now deal poison damage instead of physical/disease and heavy attacks have a % chance to stun an enemy for 3 seconds.

This would provide insane amounts of versatility. Imagine running a DK with a lightning staff doing shock damage with everything. Or running a fire staff on a MagSorc and only doing fire damage. This would make a frost build viable.
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Balance

2) Immune to lag
    3) Nullify all enemy damage proc sets
    3) absorb and nullify Earthgore before it procs
    4) Removes enemy passive stealthing
    5) Deletes snipe
  • Ral'nor
    Ral'nor
    Cloak of the Dwemer Mage

+ Spell Crit
    + Spell Damage
    + Spell Crit
    + On Spell Crit, 15% chance to summon Dwemer Sphere that does X Physical Damge that scales off Mag for 15 sec. Can proc every 20 sec.

Sword of the Dwemer Battalion
    +Weapon Crit
    +Weapon Damage
    +Weapon Crit
    +On Weapon Crit, 15% chance to summon Dwemer Spider that does X Shock Damage that scales off Stam for 15 sec. Can proc every 20 sec.

Armor of the Dwemer Guard
    +Health
    +Health Recovery
    +Phys and Spell Def
    +When taking damage, 5% change to summon (small) Dwemer Centurion that applies 5 sec AOE taunt. During that time, health recovery drops X%. Can proc every 30 sec.

The tank set might have gotten a little OP, which is why I gave only 5 up time with at least 25 sec between procs.
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Katinas wrote: »
    Cadwell's Explorer
    (2 items) Adds 1096 Max Magicka
    (3 items) Adds 1096 Max Stamina
    (4 items) Adds 1026 Max Health
    (5 items) Doubles the amount of experience you gain from completing quests, exploring new locations and killing enemies.

love this!^
    Duty Calls

(5 items) After killing 21 players in a row without dying, your next player kill will summon the power of Mehrunes Dagon and a meteor strike will kill all enemy players in Cyrodiil. This effect can occur once per day and can not be used in delves, the Imperial City, or outside of Cyrodiil.

sorcs be like^ "i was on kill 20 and sloads killed me, nerf sloads!" but i love it, a little call of duty action with the dogs!
    Juhasow wrote: »
    Tasear wrote: »
    Juhasow wrote: »
    I would start from reworking currently useless sets instead of adding new ones.

For fun what are some things you would do with old sets to make them anew? How would it function better in gameplay? Who would use it?

That is question that requires wall of text as answer. Basicly there is so many sets that are left dead and noone even considers using them that there would be enough for every role in the game to get something. But as a start I would like to see some elder sets getting double bonuses like wep/spell dmg , mag/stam regen , max mag/stam etc that lot of new sets started to get. There could be even some new unique combinations of stats for some elder sets like max stam/mag regen for example.

anything useful is instantly complained about aggressively by our community. if its in the deathcap, they voice their concerns aggressively.
    Edited by generalmyrick on June 19, 2018 5:11PM
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
    Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
  • Taternater
    Taternater
    ✭✭✭
    2) + Your character's Achievement points value of stamina
    3) + Your character's Achievement points value of magic
    4) + Your character's achievement points value of health
    5) % decrease in cool down of your character's abilities equal to your character's % of total achievement points up to 75%.
  • Facefister
    Facefister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Crafted, 3 traits.

Armor of the never-ending War
    (2 items) Adds 1206 Maximum Health
    (3 items) Adds 129 Stamina Recovery
    (4 items) Adds 129 Magicka Recovery
    (5 items) Disables "(5 items)" set-bonuses of enemy players within 28 meters.

Here, fixed your PvP.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Facefister wrote: »
    Crafted, 3 traits.

Here, fixed your PvP.

What will happen when two people wearing this set would be in 28 meters from each other?

• DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another Planemeld. Just what we need. :)
    Royaji wrote: »
    Facefister wrote: »
    Crafted, 3 traits.

Here, fixed your PvP.

What will happen when two people wearing this set would be in 28 meters from each other?

• Fat_Cat45
    Fat_Cat45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrappings of the Mundus

(1): 1206 Max health
    (2): 129 Magicka and Stamina Recovery
    (3): 1096 Max Stamina
    (4): 1096 Max Magicka
    (5): Adds 500 Weapon and Spell damage to Ability Bar 1

(6): 2975 Physical Resist
    (7): 2975 Spell Resist
    (8): Minor Slayer and Minor Aegis
    (9): 129 Magicka and Stamina Recovery
    (10): Adds 500 Weapon and Spell damage to Ability Bar 2

(11): 1096 Max Health, Magicka, and Stamina.
    (12): Increase all damage and healing by 15%, and gain Minor Protection at all times.
    Edited by Fat_Cat45 on June 19, 2018 5:52PM
  • Eradrann
    Eradrann
    ✭✭✭
    The Viable Archer*

(2 items) 129 Weapon Damage
    (3 items) Increases range of Bow abilities by 3%
    (4 items) 833 Weapon Critical
    (5 items) Reduces the cost and increases the damage of Bow abilities by 5%
    (6 items) 129 Stamina Recovery
    (7 items) Reduces the stamina cost of abilities by 5% and increases the damage of your Bow abilities against players of 8%
    (8 items) 1096 Max Stamina
    (9 items) When you deal direct damage with a Bow ability, you have a 10% chance to heal for 1216 Health and restore 1216 Stamina

*not combinable with Eagle Eye, Hawk's Eye, Kyne's Kiss, or Marksman's Crest sets
    Edited by Eradrann on June 19, 2018 7:44PM
    Xbox Series X - GT: VintageVinyl450 NA Player on the EU Server (always looking for help with dungeon/job dailies)Main - Eradrann, AD, Wood Elf, Bow/Bow Stamblade, 1500+CP
  • Jayman1000
    Jayman1000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    Within reason how would your set function? Would it be balanced? Would it be good for dps, tank or healer?

Captain Loggins Steam Set.

The fullset would give you unlimited power to login via Steam. I'd pay serious amounts of gold or crowns to get that set.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would probably create a Moarmer DD set that changes all your abilities' to look like water.

That sounds great with summer coming too.
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elitist's Downfall:
    (2 Items) Max Magicka
    (3 Items) Max Health
    (4 Items) Max Stamina
    (5 Items) Every light attack successfully landed on a target gives you a "Glass Cannon" stack, which stays on you for 3 seconds. Each Glass Cannon stack increases all damage done by 1% but puts a 500 oblivion damage DoT on you stacking up to 20 times.
  • seipher09
    seipher09
    ✭✭✭✭
    2. Add spell critical
    3. Add magicka
    4. Add magika regen
    5. 15% when damaging an enemy gain a damage shield equal to the amount of damage dealt from the attack for 5 seconds.

No cooldown timer as this can proc from so many things with such high or low numbers, but can really help keep you in a fight on any dps type character well.
  • LegendaryMage
    LegendaryMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    (2 items) Adds 1096 Max Magicka

(3 items) Adds 129 Magicka Recovery

(4 items) Adds 129 Spell Damage

(5 items) While you have a Destruction Staff equipped, your Max Magicka is increased by 2400 and your Destruction Staff skills Cost 10% less.

VMA weapons would once again add spell & weapon damage, VDSA weapons would once again add maximum stats, and Asylum would add recoveries perhaps.

Other effects on certain Asylum weapons might need to be tuned down slightly to make sure they're not over performing.
  • Abysswarrior45
    Abysswarrior45
    ✭✭✭✭
    SET: Solo play's revival

(2 items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage
    (3 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina
    (4 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina
    (4 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Health
    (5 items) Instantly kill an attacker using ANY form of proc dmg while also deleting their character form their account. The attacker also receives a personal email from Wrobel of a picture of a crutch. Also grants dynamic ult gen to you while solo as long as you are not in viewing distance of another friendly player.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think we need a set that lets you activate your own synergies!
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Knootewoot's vengeance
    1) Adds 40.000 mgicka
    2) Adds 10.000 shield every 10 seconds which also stops oblivion damage
    3) Adds 2000 magicka recovery
    4) Unlmited stamina
    5) If you target a player with <tab> and do /point, the player dies instantly with ludicrous gibs
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Tarrocan
    Tarrocan
    ✭✭✭✭
    2) Max Magika
    2) Max Stamina
    3) Magika regen
    3) Stamina regen
    4) Max Magika
    4) Max Stamina
    5) Spelldamage
    5) 70% Magika reduce cost

Signed > MagDK

Ty B)
    AD MagDK 'General Degree <-Main
    AD MagDK 'Kiana
    AD MagDK Kiana The Fire Mage
    AD MagDK General Degree
    AD MagDK 'Tarrocan
    AD StamDK Tarrocan
    AD MagNB GrimKiller
    AD MagCro Som Ting Wong
    AD StamCro 'Som Ting Wong
    AD MagPlar Della Grant
    AD StamPlar R I M M A
    AD MagSorc Nautilus
    AD StamSorc R O M M I
    AD StamNB Iba
    AD MagDen Desi Roots
    AD StamDen Diablo
  • Zimbugga
    Zimbugga
    ✭✭✭
    2) Max Magicka
    3) Max Stamina
    4) Magicka & Stamina recovery
    5) When you CC break you scare all enemies around you.

Magicka and stamina set buffs, because set must be to all roles. If this set exist, I think it must be crafted.
  • psxfloh
    psxfloh
    ✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    I have a serious set and a set that would be amazing but only useful in one situation:
    The Farmers Revenge:

2) Stam Recovery
    3) Increase Movement Speed
    4) Stam Recovery
    5) AOEs you place on top of a resource node or locked chest deal 20,000 oblivion damage per second to all players not in your group as long as you are in combat. If a player dies to this ability, they can re-spawn without needing to use a soul gem.
    this set would mainly be used by trolls to attack players that are already harvesting a node or lockpicking a chest..
    it should be altered to only deal damage to players that enter said aoe after it was cast.

• Jayman1000
    Jayman1000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    (2 items) 1% chance each second you'll get hit by lightning for 4000 dmg
    (3 items) 1% chance each second you'll get hit by fireballs for 4000 dmg
    (4 items) 1% chance each second you'll get hit by frost spikes for 4000 dmg
    (4 items) 1% chance each second you'll get hit by rock boulders for 4000 dmg
    (5 items) 4% chance each second for each enemy within 20m radius to be transformed to chicken for 4 seconds. bok bok! (enemy unable to attack or be damaged during this transformation, but will bok bok around randomly until effect ends).
    Edited by Jayman1000 on June 21, 2018 4:44AM
  • DamenAJ
    DamenAJ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jayman1000 wrote: »
    (2 items) 1% chance each second you'll get hit by lightning for 4000 dmg
    (3 items) 1% chance each second you'll get hit by fireballs for 4000 dmg
    (4 items) 1% chance each second you'll get hit by frost spikes for 4000 dmg
    (4 items) 1% chance each second you'll get hit by rock boulders for 4000 dmg
    (5 items) 4% chance each second for each enemy within 20m radius to be transformed to chicken for 4 seconds. bok bok! (enemy unable to attack or be damaged during this transformation, but will bok bok around randomly until effect ends).

Sheogorath's Jammies.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mimic Set, because sometimes you need a random wildcard set.

(2) Health
    (3) Stamina
    (4) Magicka
    (5) 10% chance when you heal or damage another player to copy one of their active 5 piece bonuses for 15 secs. Max stack up to 3.

Obligatory bugs: Set is copying bonuses even when player does have active 5 pieces for a set. Copying another mimic set causes infinite recursion which crashes client.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sheogorath’s Guise
    1) when dealing damage, randomly adds or removes 1096 max stam or magicka
    2) when taking damage, randomly adds 129 spell or weapon damage, whichever is lesser
    3) 833 spell crit
    4) 833 weapon crit
    5) when taking damage from a damage over time ability, 8% to proc a flood of chickens to attack the enemy for 12 seconds. This can occur every 24 seconds
    Edited by Bobby_V_Rockit on June 21, 2018 5:35AM