The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Twitch Drops, Broken Extension and E3

• Cruxanero
    Cruxanero
    ✭✭✭✭
    Could we all calm down a bit? I'm also eagerly waiting for my wolf, but apparently they didn't grant anything yet. When some people finally get the drops and some get nothing, THEN is the time to raise hell on them. :smiley:
  • Saoghal
    Saoghal
    This is indeed confusing. The info was saying a few weeks ago to simply link your twitch to your ESO account and watch the stream. Now did we have or make and link a Bethesda.net account too or not? Did we have to participate in the question/polls? Plus, I remember clicking in the FAQ of the addon yesterday in the stream saying that the drops would appear todau June 11 but now the help links says that it'll be somewhere before the 15? https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/42168

ZOS/Bethesda, be more clear in your communication. I followed the step I've read a while ago, as many others, and if we don't receive anything and you only did this to artificially boast your Twitch numbers, man people are gonna be mad...me included!
  • Temoorzul
    Temoorzul
    ✭✭
    So from what I have read and come to understand all you need to do is be logged in to the live stream at some point. The linking of the bethesda account is for ESO Legends your linking to ESO account is for of course ESO. I am guessing since there were over 300k views might be sometime today check your email it will tell you when the account has been updated.
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rocki wrote: »
    Geroken777 wrote: »
    The article specifically said that
    Is there anything I need to do to ensure I get the Drops?
    To ensure you'll be able to get the content be sure to take a few minutes to link both your Elder Scrolls Online and Bethesda.net accounts to your Twitch account.
    Also
    Anyone who accesses our Twitch extension during #BE3 (via Twitch.TV/Bethesda or Twitch.TV/Twitch) will be enrolled to receive a special Twitch Drop package featuring items for The Elder Scrolls Online, Quake Champions and The Elder Scrolls: Legends.

For anyone who didn't see the extension could've just swapped their browser. I had no issues using Firefox Quantum whilst having AdBlock enabled.

I personally don't see any issue here.

"This doesn't affect me personally so I don't care."

Thanks for your input.

If that is how you understand it :D . The article clearly stated what you need to do. Even before the show started, there were people precisely explaining step by step on what you should do too.

That's evidently not true, there was zero guidance about the extension or how to use it, to turn off adblock etc. Maybe buried in some multiple page forum thread, posted by a normal forum user so no one would know to look there?

I tried it on two separate browsers and I'm assuming it didn't work because I had adblock, I didn't see anywhere to turn that off.

Let's be honest, nobody is even sure you have to use the extension to get the drops, apparently the extension FAQ said it wasn't necessary which I know contradicts the original article, but who really knows right now?

It worked OK for me on Windows using Chrome with uBlock Origin and on OSX with Firefox and AdBlock Plus. I'm not sure why an adblocker would block Twitch extensions, to be honest ... it's not like it was reaching out to known ad-serving domains or anything.

I understand the frustration but this seems more like a Twitch/browser/addon technical issue than something Bethesda/ZOS did wrong.
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To ensure you'll be able to get the content be sure to take a few minutes to link both your Elder Scrolls Online and Bethesda.net accounts to your Twitch account.
    Also
    Anyone who accesses our Twitch extension during #BE3 (via Twitch.TV/Bethesda or Twitch.TV/Twitch) will be enrolled to receive a special Twitch Drop package featuring items for The Elder Scrolls Online, Quake Champions and The Elder Scrolls: Legends.

For anyone who didn't see the extension could've just swapped their browser. I had no issues using Firefox Quantum whilst having AdBlock enabled.

Problem is if people didn't see it they didn't know to switch browsers.. The only reason i found out it was missing was i was confused and started a thread here, some nice customer linked a picture and i realised mine was missing..

I removed my ad blocker refeshed and it appeared.. but sadly activating it still didn't get the tabs appear so i switched to firefox and they were there by default..

I couldn't tell anyone in the stream chat to help them as the stupid chat was going bananas and flying past so fast no one could read squat.. Terrible setup..
    Also

Thanks for your input.

If that is how you understand it :D . The article clearly stated what you need to do. Even before the show started, there were people precisely explaining step by step on what you should do too.

A lot have never used twitch before so they didn't know what to expect.. Hell i've used twitch in the past and these extensions are news to me... and the chat speeding past anything i wrote.. didn't help.
    Edited by DanteYoda on June 11, 2018 2:43PM
  • Svenja
    Svenja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe a picture is better than a link to the support page? xD No one on the previous site of this topic seems to have read that, despite the link being posted there already.
    JUNE 15th, EVERYONE! You can freak out about not getting a drop on June 15th. Not before. xD

IMG_20180611_142509_677.jpg

Also, the FAQ from the previously released article:
    What is the free stuff?
    Participants that access the Extension on Twitch while viewing the Bethesda E3 Showcase will have an opportunity to receive a Twitch Drop package featuring items for The Elder Scrolls Online, The Elder Scrolls: Legends, and Quake Champions. For for details on the items being given away, check out our story on Bethesda.net.

It reads to me that you had to access the extension to get the drops in the first place. Linking the accounts "just" makes sure you can actually claim them in the games you play, after you earned them by accessing the twitch extension.
    I hope I am wrong with that though, hope everyone who watched and just linked accounts gets their stuff. EDIT: ZOS stated that accessing the extension was not necessary, watching alone nets the drops.
    For me, everything worked, was watching on a Win 10 Laptop via Google Chrome.

Edited by Svenja on June 11, 2018 3:07PM
    PC | EU

Svea Rochaud | Templar Healer | AD
    Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror - Immortal Redeemer - Tick-Tock-Tormentor - Gryphon Heart - Spirit Slayer
  • Rocki
    Rocki
    ✭✭✭
    LiquidPony wrote: »
    Also

Thanks for your input.

That's evidently not true, there was zero guidance about the extension or how to use it, to turn off adblock etc. Maybe buried in some multiple page forum thread, posted by a normal forum user so no one would know to look there?

I tried it on two separate browsers and I'm assuming it didn't work because I had adblock, I didn't see anywhere to turn that off.

Let's be honest, nobody is even sure you have to use the extension to get the drops, apparently the extension FAQ said it wasn't necessary which I know contradicts the original article, but who really knows right now?

It worked OK for me on Windows using Chrome with uBlock Origin and on OSX with Firefox and AdBlock Plus. I'm not sure why an adblocker would block Twitch extensions, to be honest ... it's not like it was reaching out to known ad-serving domains or anything.

I understand the frustration but this seems more like a Twitch/browser/addon technical issue than something Bethesda/ZOS did wrong.

I don't know, seems like there a lot of people that had trouble getting it to work, and a fair amount of people that didn't even know anything about the extension at all. The communication could've been much better.
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Also

Thanks for your input.

Which is odd because ublock origin was what i unblocked that allowed the puzzle thing to appear.. still no tabs appeared though.
  • themaddaedra
    themaddaedra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay i thought i was the only one who missed an obvious point on the announcement, so i felt dumb for missing the opportunity.

Now i just realized that the announcement didn't even say about playing a game in there or something.

I respect the idea as it would prevent people from leaving Twitch on and going to sleep, getting rewards without watching. But we should have been warned.

I was there and watching whole time, even tho it started at 4.15 am in my local time. I don't want to miss the rewards because of some extention we weren't warned about.

Unfortunately can't suggest a better solution as i am no Twitch expert or something, but i was typing in chat which would prove i wasn't slacking lol.

Can you dear Bethesda and Zenimax please work something out?
    PC|EU
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Also

Thanks for your input.

I don't know, seems like there a lot of people that had trouble getting it to work, and a fair amount of people that didn't even know anything about the extension at all. The communication could've been much better.

Not knowing about the extension seems like user error.
    For the first time ever, we will have an official Twitch extension to enhance your viewing experience – complete with trivia, polls and an opportunity to get free items for some of your favorite titles!
    That’s right: free stuff. Anyone who accesses our Twitch extension during #BE3 ...

The entire thing was predicated on using the extension.

And I'm sure there were people who legitimately could not get the extension to work, but again, that seems to me to be a technical issue with Twitch or browsers or addons, rather than something Bethesda needed to address.

Technical issues aside it was pretty self-explanatory. Link the accounts as instructed, log in to Twitch, go to the Bethesda stream, the extension popped up and asked for permission to access my Twitch account, bada-bing bada-boom, done.
    Edited by LiquidPony on June 11, 2018 2:44PM
  • AlexWaff
    AlexWaff
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting. I did not sleep last night because I just wanted the mount, and watched the entire stream. The little icons and announcements did show up for me, as each game got shown and it gave me a notification about preordering it or whatever. I even looked around the polls, I managed to answer 1 at the beginning of the show but I had already missed like, 10.

People say the extension is supposed to ask access to your twitch id, and if you didn't grant it it won't give drops. Mine never asked, so I guess I'm out of luck! Eh, no biggie, we can just buy mounts from the crown shop~
  • Rocki
    Rocki
    ✭✭✭
    Also

Thanks for your input.

For the first time ever, we will have an official Twitch extension to enhance your viewing experience – complete with trivia, polls and an opportunity to get free items for some of your favorite titles!
    That’s right: free stuff. Anyone who accesses our Twitch extension during #BE3 ...

And I'm sure there were people who legitimately could not get the extension to work, but again, that seems to me to be a technical issue with Twitch or browsers or addons, rather than something Bethesda needed to address.

Technical issues aside it was pretty self-explanatory. Link the accounts as instructed, log in to Twitch, go to the Bethesda stream, the extension popped up and asked for permission to access my Twitch account, bada-bing bada-boom, done.

Are you serious? There were dozens of posts asking questions about the extension, whether we had to install anything, here's one of mine:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5207552#Comment_5207552

Information about the puzzle piece that you had to click on, IF your browser even allowed you to see it, where did they announce that? I'm sure many of us had never used a twitch extension before and they didn't give us any guidance whatsoever.
    Edited by Rocki on June 11, 2018 2:49PM
  • Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also

Thanks for your input.

From reading over posts it seems people either needed to 1) turn off their ad blockers, 2) refresh their browsers or 3) use a browser that supported the extension.

And trying to do all that 5 minutes before the stream started is just asking for trouble because if it doesn't go all smoothly you have no time to fix it.
  • WhiteNoiseMaker
    WhiteNoiseMaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Keeping a calm demeanor here... Let's go over things point by point.
    • I really enjoyed the E3 presentation. Kudos for the stream!
    • The initial set-up instructions for linking accounts with basically one-click were very convenient and the instructions were pretty clear about needing to link your ESO account to both Twitch and to Bethesda.net, so kudos to the team that set that up.
    • The explanation for what exactly the Bethesda Extension was or looked like, was pretty vague and uninformative. Looking for any information in the days/hours prior was frustrating and felt fruitless as there was no description or visual aid in setting up the extension and KNOWING what you were supposed to be looking for.
    • Clear and concise statements about what were required outside of the Extension FAQ (can't read what you can't see) should have been provided. This would have also dispelled the confusion about the Trivia game not being required for participation/inclusion.
    • In the future, if such a Twitch event is held again, I advise the ZOS coordinating team to take a moment to make a visual guide (pictures and text preferred, not everyone can watch video instructions) so that the general playerbase and population can help themselves and each other promote and participate in the event. This will create a wider audience and greater goodwill.

For those who might need reference on this in the future, assuming Beth/ZOS do such an event again, here's what to look for in the Twitch UI.

8aVXGgl.jpg

https://imgur.com/a/cOL7pl8
    Edited by WhiteNoiseMaker on June 11, 2018 2:52PM
  • WeerW3ir
    WeerW3ir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firefox ftw? Chrome sucks? o:)
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Okay i thought i was the only one who missed an obvious point on the announcement, so i felt dumb for missing the opportunity.

Now i just realized that the announcement didn't even say about playing a game in there or something.

I respect the idea as it would prevent people from leaving Twitch on and going to sleep, getting rewards without watching. But we should have been warned.

I was there and watching whole time, even tho it started at 4.15 am in my local time. I don't want to miss the rewards because of some extention we weren't warned about.

Unfortunately can't suggest a better solution as i am no Twitch expert or something, but i was typing in chat which would prove i wasn't slacking lol.

Can you dear Bethesda and Zenimax please work something out?

https://bethesda.net/en/article/3K92m0xeUMyqKEuQ8sUqSw/announcing-our-be3-twitch-extension

The whole drop event was predicated on using the extension ...
  • Rocki
    Rocki
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

• The initial set-up instructions for linking accounts with basically one-click were very convenient and the instructions were pretty clear about needing to link your ESO account to both Twitch and to Bethesda.net, so kudos to the team that set that up.
    • The explanation for what exactly the Bethesda Extension was or looked like, was pretty vague and uninformative. Looking for any information in the days/hours prior was frustrating and felt fruitless as there was no description or visual aid in setting up the extension and KNOWING what you were supposed to be looking for.
    • Clear and concise statements about what were required outside of the Extension FAQ (can't read what you can't see) should have been provided. This would have also dispelled the confusion about the Trivia game not being required for participation/inclusion.
    • In the future, if such a Twitch event is held again, I advise the ZOS coordinating team to take a moment to make a visual guide (pictures and text preferred, not everyone can watch video instructions) so that the general playerbase and population can help themselves and each other promote and participate in the event. This will create a wider audience and greater goodwill.

For those who might need reference on this in the future, assuming Beth/ZOS do such an event again, here's what to look for in the Twitch UI.

8aVXGgl.jpg

Where were you before the event? :'( I probably could've got the extension to work if I had known what I was actually looking for. In my case I had the puzzle piece, I granted it access but I never saw those green buttons, I didn't know I was supposed to.
    Edited by Rocki on June 11, 2018 3:03PM
  • lordspyder
    lordspyder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The announcement said you needed to use the extension, and there were people on here giving instructions, that's how I got mine up and running.

I've never used twitch before this and had no idea how the extensions worked, but knew I needed one because I read the announcement, so I came here and got help getting it up.
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Svenja wrote: »
    Maybe a picture is better than a link to the support page? xD No one on the previous site of this topic seems to have read that, despite the link being posted there already.
    JUNE 15th, EVERYONE!

IMG_20180611_142509_677.jpg

Also, the FAQ from the previously released article:
    What is the free stuff?
    Participants that access the Extension on Twitch while viewing the Bethesda E3 Showcase will have an opportunity to receive a Twitch Drop package featuring items for The Elder Scrolls Online, The Elder Scrolls: Legends, and Quake Champions. For for details on the items being given away, check out our story on Bethesda.net.

It reads to me that you had to access the extension to get the drops in the first place. Linking the accounts "just" makes sure you can actually claim them in the games you play, after you earned them by accessing the twitch extension.
    I hope I am wrong with that though, hope everyone who watched and just linked accounts gets their stuff.
    For me, everything worked, was watching on a Win 10 Laptop via Google Chrome.

Sorry, but telling people "JUNE 15th, EVERYONE!" is incorrect, since image says BEFORE Friday, June 15th, so it can be today, tomorrow, Wednesday or Thursday. ;)

SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So, my wife and I specifically created Bethesda accounts yesterday and linked BOTH our ESO and Bethesda accounts to Twitch. We both watched the stream- but we have no clue what an "extension" is (neither of us do the Twitch thing). We thought that linking the accounts and watching was the extension.

And how did you guys even read anything in the chat? There was a bunch of trolls spamming the whole time. We were just watching the video.

Edited by Savos_Saren on June 11, 2018 3:04PM
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • Rocki
    Rocki
    ✭✭✭
    lordspyder wrote: »
    The announcement said you needed to use the extension, and there were people on here giving instructions, that's how I got mine up and running.

I've never used twitch before this and had no idea how the extensions worked, but knew I needed one because I read the announcement, so I came here and got help getting it up.

Well sucks for me that I wasn't reading the forums at the right time I suppose.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hi everyone!

Just a heads-up that we are waiting to get some details from the Twitch stream and will be sending out Drops once we have them. Also, the Twitch extension was not required to be eligible for the Drops. As long as you were on PC/Mac (sorry console players :( we're working on it), linked your ESO and Twitch accounts, and were watching the BE3 stream while logged into Twitch, you should be eligible. For the other Drops, you just needed to link your Twitch and Bethesda.net accounts and watch the B33 stream while logged into Twitch. Hope that helps alleviate some of the concern!
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Rocki
    Rocki
    ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone!

Just a heads-up that we are waiting to get some details from the Twitch stream and will be sending out Drops once we have them. Also, the Twitch extension was not required to be eligible for the Drops. As long as you were on PC/Mac (sorry console players :( we're working on it), linked your ESO and Twitch accounts, and were watching the BE3 stream while logged into Twitch, you should be eligible. For the other Drops, you just needed to link your Twitch and Bethesda.net accounts and watch the B33 stream while logged into Twitch. Hope that helps alleviate some of the concern!

THANK YOU!
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lyserus wrote: »
    This is not good :\
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom can you explain who will get the reward? In the announcement nothing was said about the extension, are we not getting award even when we all participated?

While I did the extension, I had thought it said that was for trivia which participation in the trivia was not required for the drops. That message about participation in the trivia was on the screen last night when I permitted the extension.

Wonder when the packages will actually go out this week.
  • Hexi
    Hexi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone!

Please sticky this and close the thread to avoid further confusions.
    Edited by Hexi on June 11, 2018 3:16PM
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also

Thanks for your input.

I'm willing to bet this was the first time of using Twitch for a large portion of the players that watched last night. All the ZOS notice said was you had to use the extension with no instructions of how to find it or even what it was. It didn't show up for me until the actual broadcast and then I only knew where to look after finding a forum post when I couldn't find it. Even after posts on the forums about this Bethesda/ZOS never came back to clarify what it was and how to use it or any hints on how to make it work after activating it.

You also can't assume that the extension wasn't written by Bethesda as that is a fairly common way to provide customers a way to customize a service without impacting the main product. I think that is the case here in that Bethesda wrote the extension. While it could be browser related I don't suspect them given all of the different results players saw across the various browsers. Even if it does relate to browsers it is up to Bethesda to test with different browsers and tell us which ones were supported.

Bethesda and their support groups dropped the ball on this. They should have provided more clarity about what the extension was, told us any browser restrictions and provide a way for a player to test it out before the broadcast. For the showcase the broadcast was suppose be to do anything less detracts from the message and makes it a failure.
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

8aVXGgl.jpg

Yep we really needed more information in the instructions about the extension and how to use it. I never saw the vertical menu options on the right although the extension had been successfully granted access according to Twitch.
  • mareeelb16_ESO
    mareeelb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone!

Thanks for the clarification - and thank goodness the mysterious extension wasn't necessary!

Serious point… Being clear before these events go live would save an awful lot of confusion and potentially bad feeling.

Please also take on board the number of people who would like events to be accessible without staying up all night. It really ought to be a consideration for a worldwide audience.
  • ErinGoBrag520
    ErinGoBrag520
    ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone!

I watched it on my mobile device but my accounts are linked and I play the game on PC. Is that fine? Mobile is where I could see the interactive puzzle piece and answer the questions.
  • oMrRust
    oMrRust
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone!

what if those had adblocker running at the time?