The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Free White Wolf Mount

• maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    9fe.jpg
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DamenAJ wrote: »
    Shawn_PT wrote: »
    And here I was thinking websites had suddenly gone intelligent and the 6:30 PT meant something like Portugal time which is where I'm located. Now I'm totally confused. I guess this means instead of it being on Sunday it's actually on Monday morning. Good thing I checked here.

Would it hurt them to add something for those of us not in the US? Add GMT too or something. Or at least specify what 'PT' means.

Literally just google "PT time" and the first thing that pops up will be PT time. Do math between what time it is your time and what it says it is.... Profit?

edit: typo

It's not a matter of getting the information. It's a matter of respect of the X% of the playerbase who's NOT based in the USA.
    As a customer, I expect a company to talk to me either in the international language (=english) and use international time references (GMT), or to talk to me in my local language and use my local time references. But certainly not to use their local language and time references, let alone to tell me to go Google it in case I don't figure it out.
    Respect 101.
  • Rocki
    Rocki
    ✭✭✭
    How do we get the extension, is it available yet? Nothing showing up here:

https://www.twitch.tv/<YOURUSERNAMEHERE>/dashboard/extensions
  • Cruxanero
    Cruxanero
    ✭✭✭✭
    DamenAJ wrote: »
    It's not a matter of getting the information. It's a matter of respect of the X% of the playerbase who's NOT based in the USA.
    As a customer, I expect a company to talk to me either in the international language (=english) and use international time references (GMT), or to talk to me in my local language and use my local time references. But certainly not to use their local language and time references, let alone to tell me to go Google it in case I don't figure it out.
    Respect 101.

Sorry, but that's just silly. First it's about a live stream from a game convention, so of course it's given in the local time the event takes place. It would be different if it was a stream from the gamescom in Germany and they would still only give US times instead of the local time (GMT+2 in that case).

And second is this also a Bethesda issue, and not ZOS directly (even though the point of respect to all your customers still applies in that case, I absolutely agree). ZOS though is usually really great when it comes to time conversions. The starting time of each day for the upcoming crown crate event is given in GMT for instance.
    And by the way, I'm really grateful that the reset time for such events and also the daily rewards is at 11.59 GMT. That makes it for Europe a convenient and "real" daily reward, whereas for the west coast the reset is about 6/7PM in the evening. For me that would mean that I miss some "daily" rewards when I'm late at home, and I would have absolutely understood it if they made it reset at the same time as the daily writs, based on US time. That would make it more inconvenient for especially Australians, but still more bearable than the current timing for US. So no, ZOS is definitely not only thinking of the US customer base.
    Edited by Cruxanero on June 8, 2018 11:02AM
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean I was thinking of getting up at 2.30 to watch the Fallout info any way... but yeesh this is super unfriendly to EU players. I know a lot of them who are not going to be happy about this.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    abigfishy wrote: »
    Awesome I'll check it out...meanwhile I laugh at the constant complainers on this thread doing what they do best.

A guild mate of mine made an insightful comment.

"Ever try handing a homeless person free food? They will most likely yell at you , ask for even more or try to hurt you...that's sorta what the forum community in ESO is like."

So true and so sad.

There is a reason for that. A dude came up to me late at night at the railway station saying he was hungry and needed money. I hadn't eaten my lunch so offered him an apple, a packet of sultanas and a vegemite sandwich. he told me to go **** myself. He obviously didn't want food but money to buy drugs.

That lunch sounds disgusting
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So all we have to do is watch the stream in order to get the free Caucasian Wolf mount? Or is it a chance to?
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The word "Chance" is nowhere in the article.
    • Link the Twitch account
    • Activate the extension (when it becomes available)
    • Interact
    • Profit
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • zsban
    zsban
    ✭✭✭✭
    What is this Twitch Extension thingy... Can't see any download links or anything...
    Is this something that I have to install? (the name extension suggests that to me)
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Please note this is only for PC/Mac users.
    For some reason ZOS has decided to alienate their console users.
    Message received, ZOS! Our money is not valued the same as other platforms.

Yeah, because you're spending so much on free stuff...

Though, seriously, this is probably related to the Twitch drops thing. In that case, the issue is squarely on the shoulders of Sony and Microsoft not permitting account linking to their platforms. It's not ZOS messing with you.

Nonsense. I play many other games on Xbox that awards players by linking their twitch accounts.
    Also, if I have to gamble or pay directly for a mount that is awarded free to others, then yes, I’m going to feel less valued then other players. I guarantee you the console community is larger than the PC community. What happens to this game when the console community says enough is enough?

ZOS ends up with a smaller, mostly subscribing base of steady players for assured income levels? Perhaps stop needing to optimize systems for consoles? It took a year to get the game working for consoles, iirc. I don't think they'd have delayed the console releases that long for fun. Go back to the original vision of the game that was intended at first to be pc only? I do doubt they'd be able to go back to a required sub, but there could be faint hopes, anyway.

• Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Omg omg omg omg omg omg this is so amazing and.......... PC/Mac exclusive.

Thanks for nothing I guess
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    quote="DanteYoda;c-5207031"]So is this actually the 11th of june for Aussies? i'm GMT+15 how will i know when to watch?
    Voxicity wrote: »
    3:30am... not happening :D
    Astrid_V wrote: »
    It will be 3 a.m. where I live...

I prefer to sleep and be well rested in the morning, than getting trash crates or another flashy mount.

Are you Aussies too?[/quote]

Not going to do all of the math but it is 9:30 PM EDT on Sunday the 10th for me. Perth is 12 hours ahead of me so it would be 9:30 AM on Monday the 11th there (I know Perth as I use to have business dealings with a company facility there).
    Edited by Alinhbo_Tyaka on June 8, 2018 4:07PM
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    Omg omg omg omg omg omg this is so amazing and.......... PC/Mac exclusive.

Thanks for nothing I guess

Are you surprised? Lol
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Or you guys might get your own exclusive items sometimes...I doubt it, but I'm trying here.
  • Avalon
    Avalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Or you guys might get your own exclusive items sometimes...I doubt it, but I'm trying here.

Not that I can remember, we haven't ever. And, I love how ZOS keeps putting the tagline, "at this time", yet, I haven't ever seen something that was "at this time" ever become "available to all", except the game itself. It is a blatant lie in the implication. Because it implies, by saying it that way, that it will ONE DAY be available. If it wasn't ever going to be, it would say, "Only available on PC/Mac" done, period, not for console. By saying "at this time", it is a direct implication that it will one day be available, and it never is.
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, do you really believe that ZOS or anyone sane in the industry would shoot themselves in the foot willingly? Just because it's not available to consoles probably mean it's not possible for them to make that happen. The last thing they would like is to alienate their player base, especially over free stuff and free advertising.
  • VilniusNastavnik
    VilniusNastavnik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im not staying awake.. 11.30 sunday
    quote="DanteYoda;c-5207031"]So is this actually the 11th of june for Aussies? i'm GMT+15 how will i know when to watch?

I prefer to sleep and be well rested in the morning, than getting trash crates or another flashy mount.

Are you Aussies too?

Not going to do all of the math but it is 9:30 PM EDT on Sunday the 10th for me. Perth is 12 hours ahead of me so it would be 9:30 AM on Monday the 11th there (I know Perth as I use to have business dealings with a company facility there). [/quote]

Yeah, us aussies can all watch. Its 11.30am Sydney time monday morning on a public holiday.
    Active Toons:
    NA - VilniusNastavnik - Magsorc DPS - Altmer
    NA - Ko'h Nehko'h - Stamblade Archer - Khajit
    NA - Arwyn Winterlight - MagPlar Healer - Breton
    NA - Urog Blackfang - DK Tank - Orc
    NA - Elen Windsong - Stamsorc DPS - Bosmer
    NA - Eats-Strange-Fungus - Magden HealzTank- Argonian
    NA - Harwyn Northwind - MagWarden DPS - High Elf
    NA - Raises-Many-Families - Necro HealzTank - Argonian

Picture of my Active Toons.

Obligatory ESO Fashion website plug: Vil's Portfolio
  • TrepChains
    TrepChains
    Soul Shriven
    Nattles wrote: »
    DanteYoda wrote: »
    So is this actually the 11th of june for Aussies? i'm GMT+15 how will i know when to watch?

Are you Aussies too?

Brit living in Eastern Europe

I assume it'll be in the early morning or lunch time for you

11:30am Monday for Australia east coast.

On Facebook they advertised 11:30 am AEST on Sunday...
    https://m.facebook.com/elderscrollsonline.anz/photos/a.385626641836018.1073741828.370789406653075/615283048870375/?type=3&source=57
    Edited by TrepChains on June 8, 2018 11:55PM
  • Jailbirdy
    Jailbirdy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    console excluded...
    Disclaimer: The statements and information from this account are for entertainment & informational purposes only. Any interpretation, implied or otherwise does not constitute negligence on any part of this forum posting.
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So where is this app i must activate?
  • Lake
    Lake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TrepChains wrote: »
    So is this actually the 11th of june for Aussies? i'm GMT+15 how will i know when to watch?

Are you Aussies too?

https://m.facebook.com/elderscrollsonline.anz/photos/a.385626641836018.1073741828.370789406653075/615283048870375/?type=3&source=57

Wait, what? I'm even more confused now.

"Sunday, June 10 at 6:30 pm PT" is not equivalent to "Sunday, June 10 at 11:30 am AEST".

Is this show not live? Or does it have replays?
  • TrepChains
    TrepChains
    Soul Shriven
    Lake wrote: »
    TrepChains wrote: »

Are you Aussies too?

Wait, what? I'm even more confused now.

"Sunday, June 10 at 6:30 pm PT" is not equivalent to "Sunday, June 10 at 11:30 am AEST".

Is this show not live? Or does it have replays?

Yeah, if it's Sunday US time, it definitely should be Monday Australian time... I just follow that Aus page, so assumed they would post correct times for us, perhaps not...
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cruxanero wrote: »
    Sorry, but that's just silly.

Nope, it isn't.
    Although it was more directed to the person who said 'just Google it" than to ZOS.
    Sorry, but that's just silly. First it's about a live stream from a game convention, so of course it's given in the local time the event takes place.

Keyword here is "streaming event" (meaning worldwide audience) rather than "game convention in a particular zone". As a result, OF COURSE times must be given in GMT or UTC. Or even better, in both (local AND GMT/UTC).
    ZOS though is usually really great when it comes to time conversions.

Not sure how long you've been around, but we had to moan A LOT about this with ZOS. But sure, things have improved. A bit.

Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on June 9, 2018 2:30PM
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rocki wrote: »

What's this extensions you are talking about? Do we need this? I just thought we needed to watch on our Twitch account and link our two accounts together.
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    On the actual Twitch it says Sunday at 6:30 PT
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davor wrote: »
    Rocki wrote: »

What's this extensions you are talking about? Do we need this? I just thought we needed to watch on our Twitch account and link our two accounts together.

I could be mistaken, but I think the Extension needs to be set up on the broadcaster side for Twitch. I'm not 100% certain though.
  • Itacira
    Itacira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the heads up !
    A guild mate of mine made an insightful comment.

"Ever try handing a homeless person free food? They will most likely yell at you , ask for even more or try to hurt you...that's sorta what the forum community in ESO is like."

I have no idea what kind of homeless people you know, if any, but as someone who buys food for a homeless person here and there when I don't have change to give, I've absolutely never ever been yelled at, threatened or been asked for more.
    PC/EU - PVE 2H stam orc petsorc (meta, what meta?) ww - terrible dps - mediocre player - fun times - free ww bites to whomever asks so don't be shy if interested
  • TheTwistedRune
    TheTwistedRune
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avalon wrote: »

Not that I can remember, we haven't ever. And, I love how ZOS keeps putting the tagline, "at this time", yet, I haven't ever seen something that was "at this time" ever become "available to all", except the game itself. It is a blatant lie in the implication. Because it implies, by saying it that way, that it will ONE DAY be available. If it wasn't ever going to be, it would say, "Only available on PC/Mac" done, period, not for console. By saying "at this time", it is a direct implication that it will one day be available, and it never is.

Not that it makes this situation any more acceptable to some, but consoles do have one exclusive. It was a pet on the PS4 I believe, if you pre-ordered Morrowind. The Frisky Scrib.

So though seldom, console exclusives do happen.

• yiasemi
    yiasemi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cpt_Teemo wrote: »
    On the actual Twitch it says Sunday at 6:30 PT

Yes here in Hong Kong (Perth time) it says 6.30 PT. I have two hours to set up Twitch on my work laptop, good job it's a slack day for me and no one around. :# I was going to watch Beth try to explain 76 anyway so this is a welcome plus and when I tell the boss, "But look at the wolf!", I may even keep my job.
  • Anastian
    Anastian
    ✭✭✭
    GUYS, is the drop rate assured or just random? I really would like the mount!
This discussion has been closed.