The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Twitch Drops, Broken Extension and E3

• DiNanna63
    DiNanna63
    ✭✭✭
    I used the Twitch app on my iPad. I watched the preview, participated in some of the trivia and let it run without watching. I agree, there wasn't any clear direction on how to access the extension. I guess I'll see if I get the mount and crates.
  • Kattemynte
    Kattemynte
    ✭✭✭
    posted wrong forum XD
    Edited by Kattemynte on June 11, 2018 3:50PM
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks a lot for clarifying @ZOS_JessicaFolsom :)
  • DiNanna63
    DiNanna63
    ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone!

Just a heads-up that we are waiting to get some details from the Twitch stream and will be sending out Drops once we have them. Also, the Twitch extension was not required to be eligible for the Drops. As long as you were on PC/Mac (sorry console players :( we're working on it), linked your ESO and Twitch accounts, and were watching the BE3 stream while logged into Twitch, you should be eligible. For the other Drops, you just needed to link your Twitch and Bethesda.net accounts and watch the B33 stream while logged into Twitch. Hope that helps alleviate some of the concern!

Thanks for the clarification!
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since we can't get this on console you all should make it up to us by just giving us something free it's not fair pc gets this opportunity and consoles can not stop playing favoritism with pc
    Edited by Jake1576 on June 11, 2018 4:06PM
  • Kainarel
    Kainarel
    ✭✭✭

This tweet from Bethesda still makes it seem like extension was needed:

"If you watched our #BE3 stream on Twitch using our event extension, we are working to get the ESO/Legends/Quake Drops out to everyone that participated. Current ETA for delivery is either late today or tomorrow.
    Thank you for your patience! Thank you for watching!"

- link to tweet.

I wonder which variation is the legit one: needed or didn't need the extension.
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kainarel wrote: »

"If you watched our #BE3 stream on Twitch using our event extension, we are working to get the ESO/Legends/Quake Drops out to everyone that participated. Current ETA for delivery is either late today or tomorrow.

- link to tweet.

I'm guessing - need extension for quake/legends drops - do not need one for ESO.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • mareeelb16_ESO
    mareeelb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭

- link to tweet.

I'm betting on the one posted by @ZOS_JessicaFolsom since she / ZOS would otherwise rue the day they got it wrong
  • Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭
    I linked my bethesda and eso accounts to twitch and watched stream today (...it started at 4:30 AM for my country...) to get that drops.
    But, i watched it in Chrome browser and even didn't saw where to turn on that Extention...
    Only today my friends told me, that it was and it's required for that.
    So...waisted night before working day (Instead of watching at appropriate time recorded video) for...nothing?
    Ty, great cheat if that "extention" was a must!

Upd: I've read reply from Jessica Folsom, thx for answer, appreciated fore revealing this question
    Edited by Anethum on June 11, 2018 6:02PM
    @Anethum from .ua
  • Kainarel
    Kainarel
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully extension merely qualifies for some special drop, and the wolf is still being given for participating via tuning in and linking accounts as it has been promised.

But in any case, time will tell. By tomorrow evening we shall know.
  • c363b
    c363b
    ✭✭✭
    The puzzle icon shown in the screenshot above is not present on my twitchtv/bethesda page, as viewed on my PC.
  • SilentRaven1972
    SilentRaven1972
    ✭✭✭✭

- link to tweet.

It's possible they had additional drops of some kind, especially for the card game.
    "Such is the nature of evil. Out there in the vast ignorance of the world, it festers and spreads. A shadow that grows in the dark. A sleepless malice as black as the oncoming wall of night. So it ever was, so will it always be. In time all foul things come forth." -Thranduil
  • Robvenom
    Robvenom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was so simple to do lol.
    Edited by Robvenom on June 11, 2018 6:27PM
    Puppet the Peanut - Templar Tank/Healer
  • mareeelb16_ESO
    mareeelb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Robvenom wrote: »

And it's so easy to be self righteous when it works for you lol.
  • Eliahnus
    Eliahnus
    ✭✭✭
    Extension needed ….
  • Eliahnus
    Eliahnus
    ✭✭✭
    I got up in the middle of the night (EU) … for nothing … cancelled my subscription, time to move on.
  • Conduit0
    Conduit0
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eliahnus wrote: »
    I got up in the middle of the night (EU) … for nothing … cancelled my subscription, time to move on.

So let me get this straight, you cancelled your subscription and you're quitting the game because you might not get some trivial free items that were intended solely as an incentive to watch the E3 conference? My god, could you be any more entitled?
  • FLambda
    FLambda
    ✭✭✭
    Good to see that the extension wasn't actually necessary. When I came here, I thought it odd that linking accounts and watching wouldn't be enough, seeing as Jagex does Twitch drops with their game, and simply linking is enough. Same with CD Projekt Red, only account linking, no extension needed to track.
    Remember: there's no such thing as the Universal Standard of Descriptional Qualifications and Metrics.

The Wisdom of M'aiq the Liar:
    • You wish to become a lich? It's very easy, my friend. Simply find the heart of a lich, combine it with the tongue of a dragon, and cook it with the flesh of a well-ridden horse. This combination is certain to make you undead.
    • M'aiq prefers to adventure alone. Others just get in the way. And they talk, talk, talk.
  • Kainarel
    Kainarel
    ✭✭✭
    @Eliahnus

It's too early to decide. There is still time, and they said they'll deliver before Friday 15th.
    I have had extension enabled, but my friend has not. So we both are waiting to see what happens.
    Either way is possible.
    Also, I think the extension does give people a right to get some additional drop for quake and legends and maybe something for eso, as well. And the wolf was the main drop, for which you needed to just have your accounts connected and watch the stream.
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Juju_beans wrote: »
    LiquidPony wrote: »
    Rocki wrote: »
    LiquidPony wrote: »
    Geroken777 wrote: »
    Geroken777 wrote: »
    The article specifically said that
    Is there anything I need to do to ensure I get the Drops?
    To ensure you'll be able to get the content be sure to take a few minutes to link both your Elder Scrolls Online and Bethesda.net accounts to your Twitch account.
    Also
    Anyone who accesses our Twitch extension during #BE3 (via Twitch.TV/Bethesda or Twitch.TV/Twitch) will be enrolled to receive a special Twitch Drop package featuring items for The Elder Scrolls Online, Quake Champions and The Elder Scrolls: Legends.

For anyone who didn't see the extension could've just swapped their browser. I had no issues using Firefox Quantum whilst having AdBlock enabled.

I personally don't see any issue here.

"This doesn't affect me personally so I don't care."

Thanks for your input.

If that is how you understand it :D . The article clearly stated what you need to do. Even before the show started, there were people precisely explaining step by step on what you should do too.

That's evidently not true, there was zero guidance about the extension or how to use it, to turn off adblock etc. Maybe buried in some multiple page forum thread, posted by a normal forum user so no one would know to look there?

I tried it on two separate browsers and I'm assuming it didn't work because I had adblock, I didn't see anywhere to turn that off.

Let's be honest, nobody is even sure you have to use the extension to get the drops, apparently the extension FAQ said it wasn't necessary which I know contradicts the original article, but who really knows right now?

It worked OK for me on Windows using Chrome with uBlock Origin and on OSX with Firefox and AdBlock Plus. I'm not sure why an adblocker would block Twitch extensions, to be honest ... it's not like it was reaching out to known ad-serving domains or anything.

I understand the frustration but this seems more like a Twitch/browser/addon technical issue than something Bethesda/ZOS did wrong.

I don't know, seems like there a lot of people that had trouble getting it to work, and a fair amount of people that didn't even know anything about the extension at all. The communication could've been much better.

Not knowing about the extension seems like user error.
    For the first time ever, we will have an official Twitch extension to enhance your viewing experience – complete with trivia, polls and an opportunity to get free items for some of your favorite titles!
    That’s right: free stuff. Anyone who accesses our Twitch extension during #BE3 ...

The entire thing was predicated on using the extension.

And I'm sure there were people who legitimately could not get the extension to work, but again, that seems to me to be a technical issue with Twitch or browsers or addons, rather than something Bethesda needed to address.

Technical issues aside it was pretty self-explanatory. Link the accounts as instructed, log in to Twitch, go to the Bethesda stream, the extension popped up and asked for permission to access my Twitch account, bada-bing bada-boom, done.

From reading over posts it seems people either needed to 1) turn off their ad blockers, 2) refresh their browsers or 3) use a browser that supported the extension.

And trying to do all that 5 minutes before the stream started is just asking for trouble because if it doesn't go all smoothly you have no time to fix it.

I did all that still didn't work in my browser as screenshots show..
    Hi everyone!

Just a heads-up that we are waiting to get some details from the Twitch stream and will be sending out Drops once we have them. Also, the Twitch extension was not required to be eligible for the Drops. As long as you were on PC/Mac (sorry console players :( we're working on it), linked your ESO and Twitch accounts, and were watching the BE3 stream while logged into Twitch, you should be eligible. For the other Drops, you just needed to link your Twitch and Bethesda.net accounts and watch the B33 stream while logged into Twitch. Hope that helps alleviate some of the concern!

Well that is good news.. Lets hope everyone here gets their mount and crates.
    Edited by DanteYoda on June 11, 2018 11:29PM
  • Temoorzul
    Temoorzul
    ✭✭
    Just from the developer raid with drops a couple weeks ago I was notified through email of a code applied to the account and once I logged In the items promised ie crown crates were waiting just watch your email and BTW for eso only the twitch account needs to linked to your eso. Hope this helps
  • Temoorzul
    Temoorzul
    ✭✭
    Also the mount offered in that 1st dev twitch run a red senche mount was a rare drop from the crates not guaranteed
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't know why they don't just give it to everyone (consoles included) after so much troubles.
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Except if you don't watch Twitch in a browser - I'm using the desktop app for that, and there wasn't any extension icon. I has to switch to a browser, which is an unpreferred method for me. So... :tongue:
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ydrisselle wrote: »

Except if you don't watch Twitch in a browser - I'm using the desktop app for that, and there wasn't any extension icon. I has to switch to a browser, which is an unpreferred method for me. So... :tongue:

Same. I use the Twitch app and didn't have an extension icon. Free stuff would be nice, but honestly the presentation was good enough that I won't feel ripped off if I don't get anything (except the Matt Firor part, that was underwhelming and made clear that ESO was an afterthought).

And odds are very high I would have been watching it anyway.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Perwulf
    Perwulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only gave permission to extension but didn't play nor interact with it because I don't know how plus there was no explanation given to us. Also they didn't say that we are required to do anything other than "To ensure that you get the rewards" you must link Bethesda account and ESO account to twitch which I did. If however I didn't get any rewards, I will not watch anymore live twitch Bethesda E3s but don't get me wrong here since I really did enjoy it and it was my first time but I just don't appreciate getting deceived and lied to.
    "Monsters doesn't exist, we create them"
  • BlackAzalea
    BlackAzalea
    Soul Shriven
    It hurts me much that ZOS and BETHESDA didn't clarified the terms (in open article) before the BE3.
    The show runned at 3:30 am in my time zone. It was hard to wake up after 2 hours sleep, but the official Bethesda article said,
    "That’s right: free stuff. Anyone who accesses our Twitch extension during #BE3 (via Twitch.TV/Bethesda or Twitch.TV/Twitch) will be enrolled to receive a special Twitch Drop package featuring items for The Elder Scrolls Online, Quake Champions and The Elder Scrolls: Legends."

So I woke up and used the Extension. I try to get every free stuff as I have to think a million times if I can spend money on such luxuries as games.
    I find it confusing that now everyone who engaged their PC with the stream and went to sleep also gets the reward what should be given to the loyal and persistent ones. (Or as we later know them, the Fools :( )
    Edited by BlackAzalea on June 19, 2018 8:43AM
  • Yuls
    Yuls
    ✭✭✭✭
    I feel deeply sorry for everyone who felt the need to stay awake and watch the show not for the announcements but for some free stuff, and now complain they had to do that...some people have strange priorities.
  • SilentRaven1972
    SilentRaven1972
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was going to be watching anyway, so anything I get is just a bit of a bonus. Them making fun of themselves with the Skyrim "ad" and that tiny teaser for ES6 made it all worth it, goodies or no goodies :)
    "Such is the nature of evil. Out there in the vast ignorance of the world, it festers and spreads. A shadow that grows in the dark. A sleepless malice as black as the oncoming wall of night. So it ever was, so will it always be. In time all foul things come forth." -Thranduil
  • PocketNova
    PocketNova
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was going to be watching anyway, so anything I get is just a bit of a bonus. Them making fun of themselves with the Skyrim "ad" and that tiny teaser for ES6 made it all worth it, goodies or no goodies :)

That Skyrim 'ad' was awesome. It totally made me want Skyrim on Alexia. Cheese <3
    PC NA
    Master Angler
    Dressed as Wonder Woman
    Living in Hogwarts