The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Twitch Drops, Broken Extension and E3

• DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I got nothing either this is a joke because as you can see the screenshots above i had it all working i even did the todd is cool part of the quiz..

Both Bethesda.net and ESO were linked to my twitch...

Just checked support

WHEN WILL I RECEIVE MY TWITCH DROPS FROM WATCHING THE BETHESDA E3 SHOWCASE?
    Updated 06/11/2018 12:31 AM
    Twitch drops earned during the Bethesda E3 Showcase will be awarded during the following week. You will receive your awards before Friday, June 15th. Click the Notify Me button below to receive an update when the drops have been granted.

Hope this helps others.
    Edited by DanteYoda on June 11, 2018 11:53AM
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS guys are at E3 so I doubt we'll get an answer what to do for everyone that linked both accounts and watched streams without knowing (or functioning) the extension?

• Aleris
    Aleris
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry guys i think i have a doubt now that maybe i already had purchased it with crown gems.. -_- yea call me stupid.. ifi h ad a crown llogs purchases i could check it but yea ugh. Facepalms
    Edited by Aleris on June 11, 2018 11:49AM
  • Morgis
    Morgis
    ✭✭
    All accounts linked, no extension ever showed, so time WASTED. Good job on E3 by the way, bad job on this whole twitch debacle. All the time and effort with broken crap to get nothing at all, hype hype hype and leave me in the wind, guess money is going elsewhere /walletclosed
  • Thavie
    Thavie
    ✭✭✭✭
    Accounts were linked, the extension was used, watched until the very end (they went offline), didn't sleep for the whole night and didn't get anything. I think they have to explain to us how that thing was even supposed to work.
    "We grew under a bad sun"
  • Anzaman
    Anzaman
    ✭✭✭
    Leogon wrote: »
    The trivia, etc was just bonus. The 'help/faq' at the bottom even said it had no effect on the drop.

Basically, as long as you had to grant permission, the extension loaded, and that should be enough.
    I guess that extension doesn't work on Chrome.
    Chrome user here, extension did work for me ~ just had to refresh the Twitch stream after they mentioned about the extension in stream itself shortly after it started.
    Nilene Nightsky - Healer Warden
    Niomia Nightsky - Stamina Nightblade
    Ebonheart Pact (EU) Veteran: 10 - CP: 101
  • Edhenor
    Edhenor
    Soul Shriven
    DanteYoda wrote: »
    I got nothing either this is a joke because as you can see the screenshots above i had it all working i even did the todd is cool part of the quiz..

Both Bethesda.net and ESO were linked to my twitch...

Just checked support

WHEN WILL I RECEIVE MY TWITCH DROPS FROM WATCHING THE BETHESDA E3 SHOWCASE?
    Updated 06/11/2018 12:31 AM
    Twitch drops earned during the Bethesda E3 Showcase will be awarded during the following week. You will receive your awards before Friday, June 15th. Click the Notify Me button below to receive an update when the drops have been granted.

Hope this helps others.

I hope that i will get wolf and crates during this week. If not i will be mad. I woke up in the middle of night only to get that stuff :pensive:
  • Kimda
    Kimda
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing, even I did all what was required.

I used Chrome and I have granted that extension.

But there's still time left for a deliver those drops...

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/42168
  • Blood_again
    Blood_again
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cruxanero wrote: »
    Right after the announcement of the Fallout76 release date the question "when will Fallout 76 be released" turned up, was only open for about 20 seconds before joining the closed questions.

20 seconds? Hah!
    I've got the loading icon all the time question started and voila... "too bad, you've got no points". Every time on every question. :)

ZOS, what the hell was it? Too bad?! Was your broken extension shaming me for your servers couldn't respond in appropriate time?!
    I've checked especially, I had no connection of ping problems at that time. And I checked it in 3 various browsers - all the same. So it is definitely not my side problem.
    So, Yes, it's too bad for you. You've shown your broken thing to a thousands of watchers. Apply your "too bad" to yourselves, dear ZOS.
  • Kainarel
    Kainarel
    ✭✭✭
    Well, for now, I got nothing, either.
    Both Bethesda and ESO accounts linked to Twitch, extension was working, I posted a hi in chat, I participated in trivia and polls and watched the stream until it went offline.
    So, basically, did everything required.
    We shall see what happens during the week, I guess. Hopefully they will hold their end of the bargain.
  • TheCyberDruid
    TheCyberDruid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So glad I didn't waste my night on it :)
  • mareeelb16_ESO
    mareeelb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I am thoroughly annoyed by this whole debacle and I can only describe this failed marketing exercise as an own goal. I'm frankly really surprised that a large and well established outfit could alienate so many of its 'followers' with such a poorly designed reward scheme. @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

The number of hoops that we had to jump through to qualify was a bad start. I decided that it was worth the time and effort to register with Twitch, Bethesda and Zenimax and then to link the relevant accounts… not an insubstantial commitment and frankly, by the end of it I was already feeling a bit irked.

I value a good night's sleep, but not being Stateside and being 8 hours ahead in the international time zones I opted to make my next investment in my quest to qualify for the rewards… Setting my alarm for 2.00 AM. so that I could watch E3. Honestly, I'd been looking forward to the presentation.

In the event, I just became more and more frustrated as I struggled to find the mythical 'extension'. Nowhere to be seen regardless of refreshing the page or pushing any of the icons… the puzzle icon glaringly absent. I watched the entire presentation becoming increasingly hostile to Bethesda as I realised that my chances of getting the rewards were fading to oblivion.

So this morning, I was exhausted, sleep deprived and as it turns out reward-deprived too. Needless to say I'm feeling particularly cynical about Bethesda, the hype and being manipulated for no gain.

Could I suggest that in future you keep the steps to qualifying simple and accessible to everyone (that includes making sure that your customers around the world have access at a suitable time), and that the process rewards everyone who's made the investment in time and effort.

For me now, unless something gives, I'll soon be deleting my newly created accounts.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i only use Firefox, I did everything they asked, including the surprise extension and connected eso and bethesda to twitch about 25 days ago. I started to watch the show even 30 minutes earlier and watched it until the end, but I never got anything both on eso or even on esl. I noticed that I have no points on twitch and I saw a lot of people with points. I have no idea how to get those points but that's probably the problem. maybe we need to get points somehow to be able to get the crates.

anyway, I have more fun playing the game than playing this twitch thing, so I'll probably end up deleting my twitch acct since I was using it just for the eso rewards.
  • Imza
    Imza
    ✭✭✭✭
  • RexyCat
    RexyCat
    ✭✭✭✭
    mxxo wrote: »
    This whole twitch thing is doubtful anyway. Players get rewarded for watching twitch and not playing ESO meanwhile. gg :)

We get "paid" to watch advertising. That was all this Twitch BE3 was about: to make some hype about games that Bethseda are selling or have IP rights to.

That part with extension had two features: A ) to identify who had linked their accounts to Bethseda, Twitch and Zenimax (Online) B ) to make it possible to show ads in a small box (linking to buy or pre-order game) while playing video for that game in that shop that is on Bethseda.net.poll

Chat was impossible for me to read as it scrolled too fast with all new comments in a steady stream and no way to pause. Asking question there where useless as neither could I see any replay (moving up in oblivion) or anyone having any interest to make any real dialogue.

I sat from 3.20 in the morning (local time) and even then I could only answer one question before poll where closed. Thought there would be more question to replay to during show, but that part of extension seemed to be closed all the time during event. Got 357 points which just disappeared after show had ended.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Honesty, with all linking, searching for answers on what an "extension" is on both Twitch, google for it and here on this forum I find that this announcement where really poorly done. First I understood the word "extension" as another name for this Twitch based show as one can think of it as an extension to audience which can't be there in person (live/IRL). After that I come to suspect it meant something else which it turns out to be an app within the player environment.

Had Zeni made it clear through a instructive video what to expect and how to do it, then less people would have been confused about all this.
    Edited by RexyCat on June 11, 2018 1:28PM
  • TheTwistedRune
    TheTwistedRune
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I understand that some people are *** at this whole affair (I myself got only 2 hours sleep last night before having to be at work at 7.00 am) I believe as long as people linked both accounts and watched some of the stream you will get your rewards. I am pretty sure I read that the trivia quiz was just for fun and would not affect rewards, so hopefully if you were not able to enable the extension and take part in the quiz it will not matter.

ZOS has is faults but they are pretty understanding when it comes things like this, at least they have been to me in the past. I could be wrong but I think most who tried will get the rewards, even if it means submitting a ticket or whatever.

We all just have to be patient.

[Edited for profanity]

Edited by ZOS_Mika on June 11, 2018 2:03PM
  • duendology
    duendology
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I missed the extension part as well, or rather got confused by it. No button on the screen or anywhere near suggested there's an "extension" available to add.

I did not see any button on Twitch to add an extension either. One would think it should be big and visible enough so no viewer would miss it. And those who did not know about the extension part would be curious when they saw a big glaring button on the screen or under it it with the message "click on it to ensure the twitch rewards", or something in this fashion.

It's ridiculous the way the whole thing was planned.. but Bethesda and ZOS got what they wanted.. VIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWERS AND VIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWS. Now they can add the number to the statistics and show off how "loved" they are. lol
    PC/NA
    - Redguard StamBlade dps ["bowtard" crafty girl who likes spinning with daggers too.]
    - Breton SorcMag dps [She's got an identity crisis, but I believe in her.]
    - Dunmer Templar dps/healer [she's a healer, then again she likes inferno staff too...]
    And..
    - High Elf SorcMag dps [It's quite possible his daddy was a Nord.]

I am an old-fashioned Goth
  • Odnoc
    Odnoc
    ✭✭✭✭
    Created a Bethesda account just for this, if I get nothing I’m never watching a stream again...
  • Odnoc
    Odnoc
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morg08 wrote: »
    So apparently we should have been able to play a trivia, but if you used Chrome or maybe other factors it likely didn't work. I granted the extension access, already something many people would not know to do and there were no instructions given beyond linking your account, but the extension never loaded. I had no way of knowing it was going to work, assumed some part of the show would stop and give us questions or something. Right at the end, when I realized something wasn't right, I switched over to MS Edge to see wtf, I had no idea the trivia had been running the whole time. So when It finally showed using Edge all the questions were done.

If participation and having the Extension working was a requirement for the twitch drops that is pretty brutal. I'm hoping it's not.

It's not required.
    All that was required for the drop was to enable the extension. The trivia game and leaderboards were just for funzies, it said so in their FAQ and are unrelated to the drops. Did NONE of you read the FAQ?

No, I assumed the instructions were clear, and they said to link my accounts and watch the stream, had no questions so didn’t read the FAQ
    Edited by Odnoc on June 11, 2018 1:31PM
  • Hexi
    Hexi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had everything linked and enabled, saw no trivia questions at any point either. I saw the results, but no questions. It started at 4:30 AM for me and I stayed up for it, if I end up getting nothing I'm gonna be seriously pissed.
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    About half a dozen people in one of my guild didn't see the extension button/puzzle piece. It was literally missing from the stream. They'd linked everything, but all they could see was a theater mode button and settings. I was literally trying to play the role of tech support to help people get their mount. Nothing they did brought up the button. Hopefully it wasn't necessary to get the mount.
    Edited by Preyfar on June 11, 2018 1:38PM
  • Hexi
    Hexi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Preyfar wrote: »
    About half a dozen people in one of my guild didn't see the extension button/puzzle piece. It was literally missing from the stream. They'd linked everything, but all they could see was a theater mode button and settings. I was literally trying to play the role of tech support to help people get their mount. Nothing they did brought up the button. Hopefully it wasn't necessary to get the mount.

You had to disable all security measures like ad-blockers and such, which as I said in another post is a huge security rish.
  • Geroken777
    Geroken777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The article specifically said that
    Is there anything I need to do to ensure I get the Drops?
    To ensure you'll be able to get the content be sure to take a few minutes to link both your Elder Scrolls Online and Bethesda.net accounts to your Twitch account.
    Also
    Anyone who accesses our Twitch extension during #BE3 (via Twitch.TV/Bethesda or Twitch.TV/Twitch) will be enrolled to receive a special Twitch Drop package featuring items for The Elder Scrolls Online, Quake Champions and The Elder Scrolls: Legends.

For anyone who didn't see the extension could've just swapped their browser. I had no issues using Firefox Quantum whilst having AdBlock enabled.

I personally don't see any issue here.
    Edited by Geroken777 on June 11, 2018 1:46PM
    The self-righteous shall choke on their sanctimony.
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    didn't know about the 'surprise' extension, so never saw it or interacted with it.

marvelous.
  • Rocki
    Rocki
    ✭✭✭
    Geroken777 wrote: »
    To ensure you'll be able to get the content be sure to take a few minutes to link both your Elder Scrolls Online and Bethesda.net accounts to your Twitch account.
    Also
    Anyone who accesses our Twitch extension during #BE3 (via Twitch.TV/Bethesda or Twitch.TV/Twitch) will be enrolled to receive a special Twitch Drop package featuring items for The Elder Scrolls Online, Quake Champions and The Elder Scrolls: Legends.

For anyone who didn't see the extension could've just swapped their browser. I had no issues using Firefox Quantum whilst having AdBlock enabled.

"This doesn't affect me so I don't care."

Thanks for your input.
    Edited by Rocki on June 11, 2018 2:01PM
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NeKryXe wrote: »
    i only use Firefox, I did everything they asked, including the surprise extension and connected eso and bethesda to twitch about 25 days ago. I started to watch the show even 30 minutes earlier and watched it until the end, but I never got anything both on eso or even on esl. I noticed that I have no points on twitch and I saw a lot of people with points. I have no idea how to get those points but that's probably the problem. maybe we need to get points somehow to be able to get the crates.

anyway, I have more fun playing the game than playing this twitch thing, so I'll probably end up deleting my twitch acct since I was using it just for the eso rewards.

I created a bethesda.net and twitch account, linked everything together and granted the extension access. I made sure my ad blocker was disabled, popup were allowed and set my popup window count in the Firefox config to a high value. I saw nothing the whole broadcast and showed no points. Given how poorly this was run and the fact that ZOS wasn't answering forum questions nor allowing us to test before the event they should just give everyone the event rewards.
  • Geroken777
    Geroken777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rocki wrote: »
    Also

"This doesn't affect me personally so I don't care."

Thanks for your input.

If that is how you understand it :D . The article clearly stated what you need to do. Even before the show started, there were people precisely explaining step by step on what you should do too.
    The self-righteous shall choke on their sanctimony.
  • Rasdro
    Rasdro
    Same problem like everyone else I guess. I gave permissions both for eso and Bethesda. I feel info wasn't that clear. Both the twitch page and Bethesda page said to link to twitch I figured that was all I had to do on my end. I didnt know I need to tell twitch player to addition make sure the extension was on; I would think their player would automatically do this. I was also using Chrome. Should of know there be a issue.
  • Rocki
    Rocki
    ✭✭✭
    Rocki wrote: »
    Also

"This doesn't affect me personally so I don't care."

Thanks for your input.

If that is how you understand it :D . The article clearly stated what you need to do. Even before the show started, there were people precisely explaining step by step on what you should do too.

That's evidently not true, there was zero guidance about the extension or how to use it, to turn off adblock etc. Maybe buried in some multiple page forum thread, posted by a normal forum user so no one would know to look there?

I tried it on two separate browsers and I'm assuming it didn't work because I had adblock, I didn't see anywhere to turn that off.

Let's be honest, nobody is even sure you have to use the extension to get the drops, apparently the extension FAQ said it wasn't necessary which I know contradicts the original article, but who really knows right now?
    Edited by Rocki on June 11, 2018 2:08PM
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lylith wrote: »
    didn't know about the 'surprise' extension, so never saw it or interacted with it.

marvelous.

it doesn't make any difference. i didn't miss it and i didn't get anything.

the whole thing is a huge lie. a false advertisement trap to get viewers.