The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Twitch Drops, Broken Extension and E3

• Rocki
    Rocki
    ✭✭✭
    Yuls wrote: »
    I feel deeply sorry for everyone who felt the need to stay awake and watch the show not for the announcements but for some free stuff, and now complain they had to do that...some people have strange priorities.

What's strange about it? In case you hadn't noticed, ZoS makes a very significant amount of money by advertising and selling us crown store stuff. People like those things.

It makes much more sense to stay up until the middle of the night to get free stuff that you can't get otherwise, than it does to stay up just to hear announcements that you could see in the morning anyway, without missing out on anything.

Understand?
  • Yuls
    Yuls
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rocki wrote: »

It makes much more sense to stay up until the middle of the night to get free stuff that you can't get otherwise, than it does to stay up just to hear announcements that you could see in the morning anyway, without missing out on anything.

Understand?

Yes. And then come back here, and complain about having to stay up to get that. Makes perfect sense. Tyvm.
  • Rocki
    Rocki
    ✭✭✭

Understand?

Yes. And then come back here, and complain about having to stay up to get that. Makes perfect sense. Tyvm.

No, I've never complained about having to stay up?

• Yuls
    Yuls
    ✭✭✭✭

Understand?

Read what I wrote in my first post, the part about the complaining, think about it again, then answer.
    It was about folks complaining they had to do something.
    It was not about folks happy to stay awake.
  • Rocki
    Rocki
    ✭✭✭

Understand?

Read what I wrote in my first post, the part about the complaining, think about it again, then answer.

Oh yeah, sorry, I misunderstood. Was just trying to make the point that I never would've stayed up if it wasn't for free stuff, but I'm not complaining about having to do it, you're right.
    Edited by Rocki on June 12, 2018 10:22AM
  • Gorgoneus
    Gorgoneus
    ✭✭✭
    Where did you know about this drop in first place? I see only old post in game news about may 26, not the current BE3 or whatever it calls.
  • Svalar
    Svalar
    ✭✭
    I had the same problem with the extension.

But I was happy to be part of the ones who saw live TES VI teaser though :smiley:
    Sure I'd like to receive the wolf and the crates, but the broken extension was just part of being clinically unlucky just as I am LOL
  • Merenwen_812
    Merenwen_812
    ✭✭✭
    I had a twitch account as I made it when Bethesda first started doing their own conference at e3

Helpful links I found which of course don't help for E3 but hopefully can help in the future

https://help.twitch.tv/customer/en/portal/articles/2754380-how-to-earn-drops
    https://help.twitch.tv/customer/en/portal/articles/2861187-how-to-use-extensions

I joined the twitch channel like 9 hours before event start (just wanted it up in browser as reminder). The chat was readable at that time and they had people asking about how to get crates and others helping. Which is how I found out about the puzzle piece so when it went live and that icon appeared I clicked it allowed it and even saw the little red dot sometimes to show new poll was posted and took part in a few. I did miss some as I was too busy actually watching the presentation and once Todd Howard came on he had my full attention and I have no clue if anything popped up at that point as I was focused on presentation fully at that point.

I do not know if I did everything right, I did link and I did watch and I did participate some so know the extension was working. I was gonna watch the feed no matter what so the crates will be just bonus, if I get them.
  • mareeelb16_ESO
    mareeelb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭

and to recap on your original post seeing as you reference it:
    I feel deeply sorry for everyone who felt the need to stay awake and watch the show not for the announcements but for some free stuff, and now complain they had to do that...some people have strange priorities.

I am one of those who made the point that a company with a global audience should really think about making its free stuff equally available to a worldwide user base.

You imply that it's somehow sad and shameful to want 'free stuff' enough to stay up for it - which says more about you than anyone else. For my part I'm unapologetic about wanting 'free stuff' when it's on offer and I do feel annoyed at having to wake up half way through the night to qualify... it was a totally unnecessary and avoidable criterion. I decided that it was worth waking up both to see the presentation and to 'claim' the free stuff - despite my annoyance. But I was still annoyed by it and I'm in no way embarrassed to say so.

There is sometimes, possibly unwittingly, a tendency for attitudes to be a little US-centric which I suspect is as unhelpful for the companies responsible as it is for their clients.

As for those who come to complain about those who complain? Well who knows what that's about?!

• Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gorgoneus wrote: »
    Where did you know about this drop in first place? I see only old post in game news about may 26, not the current BE3 or whatever it calls.

It came across twitter and then someone posted the tweet here in the forums back on June 7.
  • HankJohnson
    HankJohnson
    ✭✭
    There is sometimes, possibly unwittingly, a tendency for attitudes to be a little US-centric which I suspect is as unhelpful for the companies responsible as it is for their clients.

Well Zenimax is a bit US-centric for sure. Every major update finishes without any problems on NA server. But EU server is getting worse with each update. And what about anniversary event, which prolonged because of hell of never ending maintance, while everything was fine on NA server? I'm not complaining about NA getting advantage of EU problems in event, I'm talking about what happening in EU server in general.

Everytime we are getting apologies from Zenimax, but nothing changed.
    Edited by HankJohnson on June 12, 2018 2:13PM
  • dannymcgr81b14_ESO
    dannymcgr81b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gorgoneus wrote: »

I saw it on twitter and facebook.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ravenarc wrote: »
    I only gave permission to extension but didn't play nor interact with it because I don't know how plus there was no explanation given to us. Also they didn't say that we are required to do anything other than "To ensure that you get the rewards" you must link Bethesda account and ESO account to twitch which I did. If however I didn't get any rewards, I will not watch anymore live twitch Bethesda E3s but don't get me wrong here since I really did enjoy it and it was my first time but I just don't appreciate getting deceived and lied to.
    It most definitely mentioned the extension. Granting permission was enough.

There was even a tab on the extension telling you what you needed to do (and didn't need to do - trivia was not required) to receive the drops.

You didn't get rewards because they're not out yet, as has been posted numerous times.

The world will continue to to turn regardless of your threat to not watch any more B3.

No one lied to, nor deceived you. Get over yourself.

FFI FFS (Failure to follow instructions, FFS)

Edited by Merlin13KAGL on June 12, 2018 2:29PM
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • G1Countdown
    G1Countdown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just got my mount & the 5 crown crates! Thank you ZOS!
    Edited by G1Countdown on June 12, 2018 2:35PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yuls Who in this thread watched #BE3 for the free stuff and not the announcements (which were great announcements BTW)? It seems you are reading much into this thread that has not been said.

This thread is about lack of clarity in the message once people were watching the show. Most in this thread likely consider the gifts secondary, but still like companies to stand up and honor their words.
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just got the email about the drops :)
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • Ley
    Ley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just got my mount & the 5 crown crates! Thank you ZOS!

Can confirm, just got an email stating that the wolf and crates are waiting for me in game.
    Leylith - MagSorc | Leyloth - StamPlar | Leynerd - MagPlar | Leylit - StamBlade | Ley Eviticus - StamDK | Leydor - MagDen | Leylum - StamSorc | Leylux - MagBlade
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    As a few have already mentioned, the ESO BE3 Twitch Drops are being deployed right now. :)
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • notnsane
    notnsane
    ✭✭✭
    As a few have already mentioned, the ESO BE3 Twitch Drops are being deployed right now. :)

Just wanted to mention that I got the mount unlocked but no crates appear on my account. Many people on ESO discord and reddit report the same.
  • Chaquinho89
    Chaquinho89
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently there's an issue that people are only getting the mount and not the crates, can confirm myself as well as with about ten other friends...
    PC / NA.

"Each event is preceded by Prophecy. but without the Hero, there is no Event." -- Zurin Arctus, the Underking.
  • Thavie
    Thavie
    ✭✭✭✭

The wolf was added to collections but I didn't receive crates.
    "We grew under a bad sun"
  • Kainarel
    Kainarel
    ✭✭✭

The wolf has been delivered, as well as an e-mail about it
    BUT the email said the crates have been sent, too, and I haven't received them
    Edited by Kainarel on June 12, 2018 3:02PM
  • Lakashi
    Lakashi
    ✭✭✭
    Same here, got wolf, no crates, even though e-mail said both were added. Game wasn't running when I got the e-mail, logged in after.
    Edited by Lakashi on June 12, 2018 3:06PM
  • poleth1984
    poleth1984
    ✭✭

Got the mount. Did not get crates. Were they guaranteed or were the crates random?
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I got the mail, and have the mount in game, but I don't see the crates anywhere.
    "Madness is a bitter mercy, perhaps, but a mercy nonetheless."

Fire and Ice
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So is there anyone that DID get the crates? Between this and the other thread, it looks like no one got their crates but did get the mount, myself included.
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've received notice that my items have dropped so I guess I did everything correctly.

As to the time the show was presented Bethesda might not have had a lot of choices. There are many other companies that also schedule slots so it is more than likely they are assigned by the conference promoter with times at their discretion not the attendees.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hey all, we're on the case looking into why the crates didn't go out in the deploy. Please stand by and thanks for letting us know!
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Svalar
    Svalar
    ✭✭
    HeyI got the wolf, not the crates.
    Edited by Svalar on June 12, 2018 3:42PM
  • mmogamerperson
    mmogamerperson
    ✭✭✭
    Just adding my voice to those that only got the wolf and bot the crates.
    The only Sane people in the world are those that are iNsAnE, and know it...