The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

the stonefire scramp rune box

Dillpat
Dillpat
✭✭✭
So as many know it is now available for telvar in the alliance base and last night i was going to buy one for a friend but i wanted to check if he wanted it before i put down such a large sum of telvar. Then this morrning i came back and couldnt find the box anywhere. can someone confirm that it is not being sold anymore or tell me which vendor it was? TBH i was 3 am when i actually saw it in one of the vendors so did sorta forget too but checked them all and couldnt see it anywhere.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You can only get the scamp as a rare drop from molag bal boss in the center of the IC sewers. The vendors are the xivkyn polymorphs.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Dillpat
    Dillpat
    ✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    You can only get the scamp as a rare drop from molag bal boss in the center of the IC sewers. The vendors are the xivkyn polymorphs.

look on ttc, people are selling runebox:stonefire scamp and traditionally the scamp dropped as a single bind on pickup item.

• ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dillpat wrote: »
    ak_pvp wrote: »

look on ttc, people are selling runebox:stonefire scamp and traditionally the scamp dropped as a single bind on pickup item.

Yep, I was wrong. Saw one in game yesterday tried to ask but no response.
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I also have no idea where they got this runebox. I think that scamp was dropping from crown crates, so maybe it's a scam?
  • Dillpat
    Dillpat
    ✭✭✭
    Astrid_V wrote: »
    I also have no idea where they got this runebox. I think that scamp was dropping from crown crates, so maybe it's a scam?

im not completely sure as im 80% sure i saw it in a merchant npc in the IC base but came back the next day and it was gone. Unless in the small patch they did they removed it from merchants as this was an error putting it in maybe?
  • malicia
    malicia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Instead of the scamp binding to your account, it now drops as a runebox from Molag (center of Sewers). We've gotten a couple in our groups already. I'm not sure about the skin - we haven't seen one since Summerset yet.
    PC, EU
    Not elite, not the best. Just enjoying ESO.
    Not the worst either. "Casual" != "totally ignorant"
    @taciti
  • Dillpat
    Dillpat
    ✭✭✭
    malicia wrote: »
    Instead of the scamp binding to your account, it now drops as a runebox from Molag (center of Sewers). We've gotten a couple in our groups already. I'm not sure about the skin - we haven't seen one since Summerset yet.

oh ah ok that explains it i was probs imagining it then when i saw it in a vendor. i was really sleepy. sorry
  • malicia
    malicia
    ✭✭✭✭
    ^^You could have seen it at a guild vendor. The runebox is not bound on pickup, so you can sell it. I know some in our group sold theirs for 450-500k.
    PC, EU
    Not elite, not the best. Just enjoying ESO.
    Not the worst either. "Casual" != "totally ignorant"
    @taciti
  • jssriot
    jssriot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow. I have no idea what this is about. I got mine as a drop from killing the Molag Bol boss in the sewers, and yeah, when it did, it wasn't a runebox--it was immediately added to my pet collection.

I confess I liked having that vanity symbol--it was one of the very few cosmetic things left in the game that you couldn't cheese or cheat to get. Now anyone can just buy it? That stinks.
    PC-NA since 2015. Tired and unimpressed.
  • Atallanta
    Atallanta
    ✭✭✭✭
    What about the skin? Will it drop in runebox too? Would be awesome :D
  • flamesing
    flamesing
    ✭✭✭
    I think I saw someone selling runebox with that skin via zone chat yesterday.
  • ComboBreaker88
    ComboBreaker88
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow. So now achievements are being sold? I'm done.
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Wut? There is no achievement for dropping scamp/skin from Molag.
  • Left4Daud
    Left4Daud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As someone who has grinded the IC anniversary 2 years in a row, killing Molag Bal hundreds of times over those events, and not gotten the skin, I enjoy the idea of a runebox. Finally.

Too bad I don’t want the skin anymore after previewing it on the PTS. But for those who RNG was unkind to, at least there is some reprieve.
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I confess I liked having that vanity symbol--it was one of the very few cosmetic things left in the game that you couldn't cheese or cheat to get. Now anyone can just buy it? That stinks.

Exactly! They should never have added such runeboxes for the pet and skin, or should have had them from the start of IC.
    And the runebox with Soul-Shriven skin is there too, even if more rare than pet :/ One of people in my trading guild got it in first few days after the update.

It really hurts, it was the only skin in game which couldn't be exploited and bought. I was very lucky to get both pet and skin from last IC event, and we pugs endured lot of griefing there with all the jerks who tried to prevent us even from reaching the center, let alone to stay among the 12 people eligible for loot after Molag Bal dies. This skin was really something special, and now everyone can just buy it without even having to go to IC. It means even more than Master Angler title for me, cause beating the fish RNG is much easier than beating Molag Bal RNG. I got used to wearing it on two of my characters so much that it became part of their identity :)

Previously during two years I saw maybe 3 other players ever wearing this skin, and 1 of them was among people with whom I farmed Molag Bal that day. He suddenly said "please don't hate me...", I asked "why would we hate you?" - and then he equipped his freshly acquired skin :smiley: Of course we all congratulated him, even if deep inside everyone was jealous :D ...Now one simply needs to find a trader and pay some gold :|
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its a pain to farm that boss, now you can just buy it just like that
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well that sucks. I got it the legit way and got kinda lucky too. But at least I did the content.
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So this is why there was such a clash in the middle yesterday, it now drops as a runebox from Bal.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Meh. This is good. RNG with no recourse is just stupid.

In the past, when it was BoP to your account, someone might get two or three drops of the scamp, and all the subsequent drops after the first are just wasted. And then someone in their group might get zero scamps and have no recourse except to keep farming.

The scamp and skin require no skill to acquire. Only luck. There's absolutely no problem with them being tradeable. In fact, it makes this otherwise asinine farm somewhat more bearable.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    scamp was never a rare drop from molag - the skin is
  • swippy
    swippy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

it's not an achievement; it doesn't have specific requirements like no-death, or a time limit. it's a random drop from a boss, like that named axe from the Deshaan World Boss. it might drop and it might not, and if you want it you might have to beat the boss again or buy it from someone.