The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Are You satsfied with how PvP is performing ? (2018 edition)

• olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Im still pvping. But i only enjoy it early in the day when its not laggy. Hate it in the evening cause 150-250+ ping. So not satisfied.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Goshua
    Goshua
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Not all all, things are just plain old not working when you want them to atm, pots, ults, abilities.. seriously.
    Edited by Goshua on May 28, 2018 11:46AM
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Speaking only from BG perspective.

I am happy with how most classes are getting closer to each other in BGs. There is no class or setup that I could call "completely absolutely overperforming". All classes and specs are common in BGs, however currently with an increased number of stamNBs but it will settle down after initial mess of BGs being for everyone.

What I really do like about BGs are frequent meta shifts. Half-year ago, BGs were full of 2h builds. Players grew tired of getting stomped by 2h brutes and DoT builds emerged as a response. Now you rarely see a 2h user outside of stamNBs and even these are shifting towards DoTs (maybe some stamDKs but these aren't worthy of mentioning as they are the deepest bottom of class tiers in BGs sadly). And as a response to DoT builds, templar is a must have for any solid group.

IMO, spontanneous meta shifts are healthy for the game. Meta shifts caused by nerfs aren't.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Speaking only from BG perspective.

I am happy with how most classes are getting closer to each other in BGs. There is no class or setup that I could call "completely absolutely overperforming". All classes and specs are common in BGs, however currently with an increased number of stamNBs but it will settle down after initial mess of BGs being for everyone.

What I really do like about BGs are frequent meta shifts. Half-year ago, BGs were full of 2h builds. Players grew tired of getting stomped by 2h brutes and DoT builds emerged as a response. Now you rarely see a 2h user outside of stamNBs and even these are shifting towards DoTs (maybe some stamDKs but these aren't worthy of mentioning as they are the deepest bottom of class tiers in BGs sadly). And as a response to DoT builds, templar is a must have for any solid group.

IMO, spontanneous meta shifts are healthy for the game. Meta shifts caused by nerfs aren't.

There is nothing spontanneous in meta shifts in BG's. People just learned that Dizzying is worthless ability for BG's and noticed that bleed builds and steel tornado spamming are better cheese after master weapons changes and that moved meta into dual wield . Meta changes have nothing to do with players conclusions about PvP state. If new cheese will emerge everyone will hop on it. What's going on is total opposite of spontanneous and healthy.
    Edited by Juhasow on May 27, 2018 10:01PM
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Yuke wrote: »
    Lucky28 wrote: »
    Sload is BS, Rune Cage is BS, Zaan is BS, Performance is a bit better now but still BS and Stamblade burst got out of control with 2h weapon changes.

Thats a nope i guess.

When you're talking about nightblade you have to make sure to specify that you're talking about Magicka nightblade. you say "stamblade" Wrobel will nerf magblade so maybe the opposite is also true.

Im ok with magblades tbh. They deserved to get a viable burst ability with the changes to Assa Will. Zaan and Caluurion or Duroks on top of it makes me mad, but thats not a Class issue. The Burst-Damage on stamblade with certain set combinations on the other hand is completly broken imho. People here are running 26k+ hp to avoid getting killed with half a rotation.

I know. I'm saying ZOS only responds to reverse psychology when it comes to NB. everyone complains stamblades are op, ZOS' answer: nerf magblades!!.
    Edited by Lucky28 on May 28, 2018 12:07AM
    Invictus
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I don't think I've ever personally experienced a dev so blatantly apathetic and disconnected from a community and serious issues as ZOS is with AvA. I'm sure there has been worse, but not that I've encountered myself. SOE was a bad publisher in many ways, but at least they communicated with the community and had some level of transparency about their motivations.

Remember when @ZOS_GinaBruno actually attempted to address AvA community concerns?
  • Arandear
    Arandear
    ✭✭✭
    No
    PvP between classes is very well balanced. But as it always has, performance continues to be the biggest problem, alongside unbalanced Faction scores.
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Juhasow wrote: »
    I happy with the overall game. I'm disappointed in the player base at the moment though. The amount of cowardice in game is at an all time high. I would say over 80% of the player base will not engage you if they are alone or if they don't have help from the resource guards. I'm just tired of players running away from me. Why ride your horse to a fight when you can fight me right now. This mentality is getting worse to where it's starting to effect overall gameplay. Zerging is at an all time high and this is killing the servers. There needs to be a way to split these players up. I'm fine with 24 man groups. It becomes a problem when an alliance starts bringing 2 or 3 full groups to one keep

Atm there is 1 bar for each alliance on Shor PC EU and server performance sucks and abilities are not firing off. I dont think it's zerging connected in this update. Zergs just makes things worse but definietly something else is also going on. Using abilities was never that clunky.

As for cowardice yeah this issue is growing with time. It's partially development fault because the're creating enviroment where zerging is waaay more beneficial and forgiving then running in smalscale or solo and lets be honest if something is clear adventage people will just follow it without looking at morality of their choices.

The servers suck in general but I find shor to be less laggy in general. I think these ball zergs are the main problem with lag. Certain guilds just generate more lag than others. Overall I find the game to be fun with a smooth combat system. I even find the classes to for the most part still be unique. What gets me tilted or the reason that I would ever stop playing would be the player base. Players simply will not engage you without superior numbers. They either run away or won't approach at all. Some of that is because of all the things that empower zergs. What I don't like about that is that is these things are only viable Xv1. Useless XvX and useless 1v1. I don't understand why ZoS keep putting in sets and abilities that are only good Xv1.
  • Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Sload is BS, Rune Cage is BS, Zaan is BS, Performance is a bit better now but still BS and Stamblade burst got out of control with 2h weapon changes.

Thats a nope i guess.

When you're talking about nightblade you have to make sure to specify that you're talking about Magicka nightblade. you say "stamblade" Wrobel will nerf magblade so maybe the opposite is also true.

Im ok with magblades tbh. They deserved to get a viable burst ability with the changes to Assa Will. Zaan and Caluurion or Duroks on top of it makes me mad, but thats not a Class issue. The Burst-Damage on stamblade with certain set combinations on the other hand is completly broken imho. People here are running 26k+ hp to avoid getting killed with half a rotation.

I know. I'm saying ZOS only responds to reverse psychology when it comes to NB. everyone complains stamblades are op, ZOS' answer: nerf magblades!!.

lol
  • Shadow-Fighter
    Shadow-Fighter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Only the first half hour after Update. After hotfix got worse
    Natch Potes is like a box of chocolates - you never know what you're gonna get
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    No

It is sad to say ZOS had done nothing to fix the Cyrodiil performance issues. They have completely ignored four years of thousands of posts complaining about the lag, high pings, crashes, delayed animation attacks, etc, etc, etc. I strongly believe it will eventually be ZOS's downfall. When other games surface to give ESO some competition and their game performance and support is far superior to ZOS then they will feel the hurt. I think ZOS will start to see this in the very near future. There are other games currently in development and testing that I have been watching that I think will do just that.
  • chris211
    chris211
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Juhasow wrote: »
    Like the title says. Are You satisfied with state of PvP and the way it is going in 2018 ? Please explain why.

no i am not i don't even get loading screens anymore now its all sloadscreens
  • terrannova
    terrannova
    ✭✭✭
    No
    absolute trash... disconecting and lagging
    so f*cking bad
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Just refreshing thread.
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I never thought I'd ever say an Elder Scrolls game sucks. But there you have it.
  • HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Xbox NA, broken as it has ever been. Virtually unplayable with the constant freeze frames. In conversation with the load screen plague as worst pvp patch to date.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I am heavily dissapointed with todays update. It's almost a month after Summerset release on PC and none of the PvP game breaking issues that occured with new chapter was addressed or fixed.
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Eirella wrote: »
    I have to agree with @Sharee . It's not really a simple yes or no, but I guess for the most part PVP isn't too bad. The classes are pretty fairly balanced, proc sets aren't out of hand like they have been in the past. It certainly isn't perfect (imo), but it's okay.

giphy.gif
    Edited by frozywozy on June 19, 2018 3:24PM
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • MinarasLaure
    MinarasLaure
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    God no.
    It's sad cause I'm a huge pvp fan, but I'm no longer having fun.
    Doesn't matter how good we are, performance is so bad that our success rate depends on luck.
    Went back to Pve, crafting, farming, gathering and then....i go play mhw lol.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Not at all
  • Yuke
    Yuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    God no.
    It's sad cause I'm a huge pvp fan, but I'm no longer having fun.
    Doesn't matter how good we are, performance is so bad that our success rate depends on luck.

Truest words were never spoken.

Save Us, Microsoft.

Noricum & Kitesquad™
    YT-Channel
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    If they can figure out how to handle the screen freeze. I think that Cyro PVP would be decent.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • Eirella
    Eirella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    frozywozy wrote: »
    Eirella wrote: »
    I have to agree with @Sharee . It's not really a simple yes or no, but I guess for the most part PVP isn't too bad. The classes are pretty fairly balanced, proc sets aren't out of hand like they have been in the past. It certainly isn't perfect (imo), but it's okay.

giphy.gif

Err...I posted that before Summerset :p
    Obviously I wish I could change my vote now.
    (PC/NA) - | @Eirella - formerly @jinxgames | CP 1000+ | Mainly PvPer (EP) | Haxus
    /uninstalled
  • Delsskia
    Delsskia
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    I think it's performing superbly. Not being able to weapon swap, not having my skills fire when I press the buttons, staying in combat for so long that I have to run from Nikel to Alessia, Soothing Spores stopping me dead in my tracks, Steel Tornado getting me stuck mid animation, double dooring, crashing my client to get out of the load screen... these are just a few of my fave features. The pig just needs a little more lipstick and it'll be perfect.
    NA-PC
    Fantasia
  • Swimguy
    Swimguy
    ✭✭✭
    No
    tired of wasting time
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    BG is a great addition in PvP, that counts for something and it's become even better ever since it became base game, more balanced teams have been forming where there is something to do and enjoy, rather than when it was MW exclusive, where all preformed ball groups were steam rolling everyone away.

However the same cannot be said for Cyrodiil, where it's always an awesome lag fest, he who lags least shall rule the battle field is what works there.

This game is still very young and there much to be done for this game to continue to become better, evolution is continual and it will never stop.

So yes I am happy with how the game has been doing, and we must all remember that as human beings we will never be truly satisfied, the grass will always be greener on the other side, be it the past or the future.

Cheers.
  • Emmagoldman
    Emmagoldman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Ive had major fps drops and stuttering since summerset. I guess I could say im not happy with all of eso's performance.
    Edited by Emmagoldman on June 24, 2018 4:25PM
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    87 percent.... almost 5 years after closed beta, more than four years from launch.

Funny how this number two years ago was practically the same. (spoiler - this same thread was made in 2016, i cant find it, but i remember specifically it was 90 percent negative regarding lag/performance)

Thats just sad.
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Rylana wrote: »
    87 percent.... almost 5 years after closed beta, more than four years from launch.

Funny how this number two years ago was practically the same. (spoiler - this same thread was made in 2016, i cant find it, but i remember specifically it was 90 percent negative regarding lag/performance)

Thats just sad.

@Rylana same thread was also maded in 2017 here are the results https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/373944/are-you-happy-with-how-pvp-is-currently-performing/p1

Edited by Juhasow on June 24, 2018 9:57PM
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    I was visiting Cyrodiil during past few days for first time since Summerset... :/ Nothing new, nothing better: skills and potions don't work, dead few seconds before the game decides to let me know it and then suddenly hit by everything at once, randomly put in combat while far away from fights for long periods of time (even when not a templar or warden), enemies and allies teleporting and not shown at their actual positions, weapon swap :|

And the worst thing in my opinion: random disconnects (especially when there are big fights nearby, but also happens when alone and far away from action) when you can't do anything but run very fast and then game kicks you out to login screen. I can instantly log in after it without errors and can log in with any other character who is not in Cyrodiil. But... If I try to log in with same character who was disconnected near big fight, I get longer loading screen and log out to main screen "Make sure you have valid internet connection" :| Sometimes I can log in from first few tries, but usually the cycle of choosing character and getting kicked to login screen repeats until the big battle near my character is over.
    I don't disconnect every time when there is big battle, it happens randomly and I never know when - so I can't find any solution to this. It's absolutely the worst thing for me when trying to play in Cyrodiil :/
    Edited by Fischblut on June 25, 2018 10:33PM