The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

StUCK in sprint

Ceepax
Ceepax
✭✭✭
Since summerset patch i have geen getting this issue that i'm stuck in sprint, can not use anyskills or anything.
This only happens to me in Cyrodill. WHAT THE HECK IS GOING OOOON. SAVe me devs. ThnKs.
Lil Ceep
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BrianWheeler

Noticed this a lot last night too.
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • SwampRaider
    SwampRaider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup. The only way to stop the Bug is to keep running until stam is 0.
    Character: Eros, Eros I I, The Paw of Woe
    Class: Templar Healer/MagWarden/ Stam Sorc
    Alliance: DC
    Campaign: Vivec (pc/na)
    Guardians of Daggerfall
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You can fix it by Pressing sprint again.
  • SwampRaider
    SwampRaider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BohnT wrote: »

You can fix it by Pressing sprint again.

Doesn't work for me
    Character: Eros, Eros I I, The Paw of Woe
    Class: Templar Healer/MagWarden/ Stam Sorc
    Alliance: DC
    Campaign: Vivec (pc/na)
    Guardians of Daggerfall
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This seems to happen to me when I hit a patch of unloaded or poorly loaded textures, and once the textures resolve I can move again.
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Ceepax are you using a controller on a PC by chance?

(I'm investigating a suspiciously similar sounding bug for someone else. Please share any context or details for reproducing this bug.)
    Edited by NightbladeMechanics on May 31, 2018 3:17AM
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • Glass
    Glass
    ✭✭✭
    I died twice in vma because of this and I had to restart every time
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ceepax wrote: »
    Since summerset patch i have geen getting this issue that i'm stuck in sprint, can not use anyskills or anything.
    This only happens to me in Cyrodill. WHAT THE HECK IS GOING OOOON. SAVe me devs. ThnKs.

Had this happen to me a couple of times many, many months ago. Relogging always fixed it.
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've also been getting stuck in sprint in Cyrodiil. It's happened at least once a night every day this week. I either end up dead or am able to actually use abilities a few minutes later.
  • WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dodge roll and sheath weapon or re-equip your weapon. Work all the time.
    Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Talcyndl
    Talcyndl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apparently your CaPS LoCK button is broken. ;)
    Tal'gro Bol
    PvP Vice Officer [Retired] and Huscarl of Vokundein
    http://www.legend-gaming.net/vokundein/
  • Sureshawt
    Sureshawt
    ✭✭✭✭

You can fix it by sprinting again. Not a great work around due to losing at least 1-2 seconds to realize you are in a stuck state and then fix it with workaround in a game where every second counts but better then being skill locked for even longer periods of time.

Between the stupid proc set implemented this patch and this game breaking bug I've decided I'm taking a break from the game. Last night I had to deal with these stupid BS issues so much within a short period of time that I logged off within 20 minutes. Game just is not enjoyable anymore in its current state.

These issues needs to be fixed and fast.
    Edited by Sureshawt on June 14, 2018 5:24PM
  • Nemeliom
    Nemeliom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Easy fix like they said. Just press Sprint button again and fixed.
    Baradur Morker - Level 50 Bosmer Nightblade
    Le-Duck - Level 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Boom-Stormer - Level 50 High Elf Sorcerer
    Nemeliom the Great - Level 50 Redguard Warden
    Crazy Little Maggie - Level 50 High Elf Templar
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nemeliom wrote: »
    Easy fix like they said. Just press Sprint button again and fixed.

Sometimes it take 5 seconds just to realize this is happening. When in frantic combat can be 10 secs.
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KY0jU1IwWhQ Press sprint again to get out of it. Its not really acceptable at all though for a solution. Theres times youre trying to perform your next action and you dont realize until it doesnt happen + youve burnt stam while also not regening any stam.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i have the same problem, and at times unable to leave sprint, and not allowing me to attack anything.
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sprint bugs. Here is 6 videos of this happening. I believe it has something to do with queuing Light Attacks then sprinting. Happens to me more on Stam characters. This could be just me as one of the videos is of a Magplar. I’ve been reporting this bug since January and now finally other people are noticing. None of those other people are ZOS.

@FENGRUSH

In the fourth video here was on fairly flat terrain yet I still get the bug. Maybe you’ll see the “bump” but I can’t. Some of the other videos do have slight variations of terrain just before it happens.

I’ll rewatch these all to see about uneven terrain.

https://youtu.be/sTx1bq3Mbi4

https://youtu.be/9X50tMzC7Ko

https://youtu.be/R1VqGkv2RVw

https://youtu.be/0tTJOUyl4OY

https://youtu.be/KECmqTW8p-o

https://youtu.be/RL-_itgmtaU
    Edited by Koolio on June 14, 2018 8:46PM
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Going from your title and post, it's your shift key that has issues. Shift = sprint.

Soooo...?
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mureel wrote: »

Going from your title and post, it's your shift key that has issues. Shift = sprint.

Soooo...?

But on console over 4 months? My joysticks work fine. It’s been on multiple controllers, characters, scenarios, terrain, enemies. This happens to me at least 1-2 a day now.
  • Ceepax
    Ceepax
    ✭✭✭

Soooo...?

Ye ofc i smashed my shift button bc of this trash ingame bug x)
    Lil Ceep
  • the_broo11
    the_broo11
    ✭✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »

Soooo...?

But on console over 4 months? My joysticks work fine. It’s been on multiple controllers, characters, scenarios, terrain, enemies. This happens to me at least 1-2 a day now.

Can confirm, this bug has been around for years. I recall getting "sprint glitched" nearly every round learning vma during the orsinium dlc. I've ran into it every update since then. The only solution I've found is to press sprint again (as noted by others in this thread).

IMO, the worst part about it is that you can't always differentiate from being sprint glitched and the standard skill misfire (skill doesn't go off when pressed). If I think I'm sprint glitched, I'll try a dodge roll. If I'm actually sprint glitched, then the dodge roll will result in an odd stutter-step (and not actually roll). Pressing sprint again will free up my character and everything returns to normal (if I'm still alive).

Regarding repro steps, I've never really found a way to replicate on demand. It seems to happen during periods of reduced performance (lag), and often after dodge cancelling a skill. Can't say for sure though

Edit: I'm on console
    Edited by the_broo11 on June 15, 2018 3:12PM
    Xbox One NA
    GT: the broo11
    Spell Casting Wizard - medium 2h/bow stam sorc
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I confirm this has been around for years aswell. It happens way more often since Summerset got released.

Can we get a Zenimax staff member to reply for another reason than naming/shaming? I am really starting to lose my temper with these forums. Please investigate and aknowledge the issues in front of players to show that you care. I am getting really frustrated by all the efforts from players who are entirely ignored.
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    frozywozy wrote: »
    I confirm this has been around for years aswell. It happens way more often since Summerset got released.

Can we get a Zenimax staff member to reply for another reason than naming/shaming? I am really starting to lose my temper with these forums. Please investigate and aknowledge the issues in front of players to show that you care. I am getting really frustrated by all the efforts from players who are entirely ignored.

ZOS is like a boyfriend/girlfriend who becomes aloof and ignores calls/txts instead of ending a relationship they're unhappy with. And we keep hanging on hoping they still care....
    Edited by zyk on June 15, 2018 6:48PM
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zos are most likely aware of the issue and have read all of these forum threads. They are probably unable to comment on the forums at the moment due to the angry mob of pvper's with pitchforks.
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos are most likely aware of the issue and have read all of these forum threads. They are probably unable to comment on the forums at the moment due to the angry mob of pvper's with pitchforks.

They're angry because these issues have been present for weeks without acknowledgement. There's simply no justification for that.
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Agreed. They need to create an announcement / thread in general discussion or something telling everyone they are aware of all the issues that have come with the summerset patch and they are working on a fix. Or make an announcement on ESO live etc. They shouldn't repond to each thread individually but they need to respond to all the issues as a whole somewhere ASAP to put everyone's mind at ease.
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don’t really get it on my stam NB but on my stam sorc I get it all the time. It has to do with move speed and object elevation change.

Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Youtube: Asgari
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Agreed. They need to create an announcement / thread in general discussion or something telling everyone they are aware of all the issues that have come with the summerset patch and they are working on a fix. Or make an announcement on ESO live etc. They shouldn't repond to each thread individually but they need to respond to all the issues as a whole somewhere ASAP to put everyone's mind at ease.

This. I would do this job with no salary all year long. And I'm sure alot of people would.
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

• Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've been getting a variant of this bug that IS NOT fixed by pressing sprint again. Only way I've been able to fix it is with a dodge roll.

Occured about 3 times over the past 2 days of PvP.
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden