Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Create a "4th Option, NOT Faction," A deserter option in Cyrodiil Read before commenting

SkysOutThizeOut
SkysOutThizeOut
✭✭✭✭
From here on out I will begin to update this with good ideas after we tease them out. If we can keep this relevant maybe we can get ZOS to consider this
This idea is for the small scale community and to provide players the opportunity to play with friends in different factions, but at a cost. Grant every player the option to "desert" their faction in Cyrodiil making them able to be attacked by all players to include their previous faction and by all other deserters as well.
-The only people a deserter can group with inside Cyrodiil is another deserter of ANY FACTION and their group caps out at 4-6 players (population dependent), this will prevent people from abandoning their faction to zerg. Maybe require the group to be formed outside of Cyrodiil before traveling in.
-Only the deserters in the same group cannot attack each other.
-Deserters can still cap resources and keeps, but the guards take time to spawn and are weaker than normal guards initially, but can grow stronger the longer it is held by that group. When the group leaves the resource/keep the guards begin to revert back to the Faction that previously owned it, fighting each other until it reverts completely back to the previous Faction's control.
--In the event the Keep or Resource in question is a tri/home keep to a particular faction the Resource/Keep will always revert back to the Faction area that it is in, rather than it being the previous owner. This could help to combat gate camping by the Emp faction, but instead you'll have to only fight a 4 man and their weaker guards or wait for them to leave.
---This idea allows Deserters a chance in defending, but prevents Deserters from having a negative lasting influence on the map and instead could be beneficial. Factions could wait to cap keeps that are in turmoil as they are flipping out of Deserter control.
----In the event multiple Deserter groups are inside the inner keep while it is flipping to Deserter control, it will still flip to Deserter faction, but the first Deserter group to attack the other Deserter group will be attacked by NPCs, much similar to the way NPC Guards attack you for crimes in the rest of Tamriel and the group will be unable to peacefully remain in the keep. If a keep is capped and only one Deserter group is in it, then the keep is unfriendly to any Deserters who approach that were not present upon its capture.
-Deserters get an 10-15% AP bonus in defending their resources or keep.
-No keep or scroll bonus to Deserters, unless a group member is currently carrying a scroll or is in control of a keep.
-The only place a Deserter can rez is in one of 4-6 random Imperial/Bandit Camps spread over Cyrodiil, in a keep currently in the group's control, or maybe even on a controlled resource.
-Deserters still have the same access to siege and forward camps.
-Allow a player the option to desert his/her faction when joining a campaign for 1,000,000 AP.
--Make the cost of rejoining the faction 2,000,000 AP. Of course this AP cost for joining and rejoining could be wratcheted up.
-ZOS can make a quest line and DLC for it too and costumes so they can profit in that way.

Please offer comments or ideas. I think this would be an easy way to bring a new and lasting dynamic to Cyrodiil and won't break the factions as is. @ZOS_GinaBruno please take this to other developers.
Edited by SkysOutThizeOut on July 12, 2018 12:43AM
  • Vilestride
    Vilestride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Better still an entire FFA campaign where the only thing that declared you as an ally was tabard and entire guilds scored points / rewards for claiming objectives.

Was BDO like this ? I never played. Maybe I should.
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -Group size of 6 so they have some flexibility when it comes to group comps and have the ability to face things much larger than themselves without becoming a zerg.

-I'd add 6 spawns at different locations around the emp ring (https://i.gyazo.com/a467aa0c2a3fefb1b9ac4b61f608b4af.png)
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vilestride wrote: »
    Better still an entire FFA campaign where the only thing that declared you as an ally was tabard and entire guilds scored points / rewards for claiming objectives.

This is what I've always wanted in ESO.

IMO, the 4th faction idea wouldn't work because it would be loaded with most of the best players IMO, so it would just reinforce the organized group vs randoms paradigm.
  • ScarrX
    ScarrX
    Soul Shriven
    I had a similar while streaming the other day, this "deserter faction" i was thing more of the survivor imperial army faction, smaller numbers and the underdog faction,
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL I love this idea.
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Warden Ice Tank (By far my favorite) -RIP #Nerfmire
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Major
    Dragon Knight Healer (Since Homestead)
    Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer,
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
    Others
    PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

Playing BiS isn't impressive, playing unique at BiS lvl, THAT's impressive.

• MisterBigglesworth
    MisterBigglesworth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »

IMO, the 4th faction idea wouldn't work because it would be loaded with most of the best players IMO, so it would just reinforce the organized group vs randoms paradigm.

While we're at it, let's get that sweet Age of Empires diplomacy system added

age_of_empires_ii_gold_edition_image15.jpg
    Really we do it without like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Eh, 4 is the upper end of small scale size in my opinion. Adding even one or two more people to the group will drastically change its capabilities and play style in Cyro, naturally changing the dynamic of the deserter group play style. It would come down to how effective you want deserter groups to be at hunkering down and defending resource towers and keeps.

Regardless of the group cap, though, I'd play deserter every campaign. I've seen ideas for a fourth "un-faction" pitched around before. It's fun to think about. Would take a lot of work to implement, though, and I'm not convinced it would be widely popular enough to get ZOS' attention.
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »

While we're at it, let's get that sweet Age of Empires diplomacy system added

age_of_empires_ii_gold_edition_image15.jpg

You reminded me of a now somewhat vague memory an epic comeback I made with my team (2v2v2 I think) after starting a match between two enemies... They hit me almost right away, so I desperately constructed transport ships and somehow escaped. I established a base deep within their territory, laid low while I recovered. Though I was behind them in tech and total units, I hit them when they least expected... and we won. ;) Maybe ZOS can hire some AOE designers..
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Instead of the deserter faction, make it the Daedric Cultist faction.
  • chris211
    chris211
    ✭✭✭✭
    This idea is for the small scale community and to provide players the opportunity to play with friends in different factions, but at a cost. Grant every player the option to "desert" their faction in Cyrodiil making them able to be attacked by all players to include their previous faction and by all other deserters as well.
    -The only people a deserter can group with inside Cyrodiil is another deserter of ANY FACTION and their group caps out at 4 players, this will prevent people from abandoning their faction to zerg. Maybe require the group to be formed outside of Cyrodiil before traveling in.
    -Only the deserters in the same group cannot attack each other.
    -Deserters can still cap resources and keeps, but the guards take time to spawn and are weaker than normal guards initially, but can grow stronger the longer it is held by that group. When the group leaves the resource the guards begin to get weaker and disappear the longer the group is away and will return to the previous faction's control if the group is away long enough. This idea allows Deserters a chance in defending, but prevents Deserters from having a lasting influence on the map, such as "night capping."
    -Deserters get an AP bonus in defending their resources or keep.
    -No keep or scroll bonus to Deserters, unless a group member is currently carrying a scroll or is in control of a keep.
    -The only place a Deserter can rez is in one of 3-4 random Imperial/Bandit Camps spread over Cyrodiil, in a keep currently in the group's control, or maybe even on a controlled resource.
    -Deserters still have the same access to siege and forward camps.
    -Allow a player the option to desert his/her faction when joining a campaign and at a high AP cost.
    -Make the cost of rejoining the faction double the AP cost of "deserting."
    -ZOS can make a quest line and DLC for it too and costumes so they can profit in that way.

Please offer comments or ideas. I think this would be an easy way to bring a new and lasting dynamic to Cyrodiil and won't break the factions as is. @ZOS_GinaBruno please take this to other developers.

please do so ad can always be in 4th place instead of third
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No thanks. There are enough 'griefer' groups running around, don't need an entire faction for it.
  • Zelos
    Zelos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I Kind of like this idea for PvP sounds fun and innovative and if it doesnt work then role it back, might as well have some fun with. Along with the capture system, it could be they can only hold one resource at a time. The only problem I have with this is the overpopulation it will bring to the map and if everyone is a rogue then there will be no Alliance War anymore. I think something like this deserves to be in the game as its realistic that people do desert or become bandits from their home faction/ If executed properly it could bring alot of attention to cyrodiil and a fun PvP system that isnt just running around the same damn ring constantly like we have been doing for the last 4 years. This could open up the rest of the map that isnt used right now outside of the Keep system, I think this could be a great idea if its considered and thought through properly and given the attention it needs and not rushed or slapped on.
    Edited by Zelos on May 25, 2018 7:19AM
    Aeonhack - AD Stamina Nightblade - 5 Star General

CP1200

Creator and user of "Questionable" addons and game mechanics.
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah. No thanks. If you can't figure out which faction you can get the fights you want on, that's your problem, not ours.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • TheValar85
    TheValar85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. we already have enough issues with the fraction swappers.
    GM Of The Lusty Argonian ERP
    GM Of THe Alessia Dynasty PVP Guild
    GM Of The Guardians Of MiddleEarth
    My Smiling Emperor Profile Picture: https://ibb.co/bsOM6n
  • Animus-ESO
    Animus-ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look at all these zergers crying about "greifers and faction hoppers".
    Dude Where's My Guar?
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No thx, probably better if they just removed one of the factions...
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FFA camp. Yes

PC EU
    PvP only
  • SwampRaider
    SwampRaider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is this, ArcheAge? I enjoyed the PVP in ArcheAge when I went to the pirate faction when getting Max crime points my Guild's even took over a couple servers because we ruled the Seas. To top it off, why don't we add naval combat and Boat Fishing to ESO?

So how about this: if you steal or murder a bunch of civilians, you get a bounty on your head and players can kill you in jail you and hold trial.( I once spent 30 hours in jail in ArcheAge by getting caught) and if you get Max crime points you then become part of some sort of Bandit faction.

The unfortunate drawback to this is that some of the hardcore PVP guilds in fact most of the hardcore PVP guilds might go to this Bandit faction. That's what happened in ArcheAge. All of the hardcore PVpers and PVP guilds usually went to the pirate faction and the Care Bears stayed on the mainland. Pirates often took over the whole entire server by forcing guilds to pay them to do the world bosses or pay them to do safe trade runs.

So imagine a cyrodiil where all of the inner keeps are owned by the Bandit faction because there's nobody left on AD DC or EP to fight them.

So to join the Bandit faction there should be drawbacks, like anytime you are out of cyrodiil or any PVP Zone you have a chance to get captured with a bounty on your head and put in jail
    Edited by SwampRaider on May 25, 2018 10:38AM
    Character: Eros, Eros I I, The Paw of Woe
    Class: Templar Healer/MagWarden/ Stam Sorc
    Alliance: DC
    Campaign: Vivec (pc/na)
    Guardians of Daggerfall
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    @UppGRAYxDD @TheValar85 @Agrippa_Invisus did you all read the list, quite a few draw backs very hard to mobilize. Also this would remove the griefers from your faction.
    @SwampRaider the Zerg guilds in cove care huge and are the only ones who really can influence the map, deserters would low affect. Shor might be different, but 4 players can only be so effective especially since they can only own the area they currently are. There might be more deserters on shor, but they will be killing each other.... Our small scalers have big rivalries. This will allow those who don’t faction swap to have a better chance at emp as well. Will many people want to show up to a free for all where they have no resource or keep or large group to shelter in when getting zerged? It’ll be tough to go main objective alone... let alone 4.
  • Taonnor
    Taonnor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    FFA camp. Yes

Guild Campaign, so guilds can hold keep / win campaign.
    Guild

Gildenleiter von Lux Dei (EU/AD). Offizieller Gildenspotlight für ESOTU!
    Guild leader of Lux Dei (EU/AD). Official Guild Spotlight for ESOTU!

Addons & Guides

ESOUI Author Portal: Taonnor
    Addons: Taos AP Session, Taos Group Tools

Myth AoE Cap: DE Mythos AoE Cap // EN Myth AoE Cap

What should i change in ESO: DE [DGR] Was würde ich an ESO verändern - "Der große Rundumschlag" // EN [TWS] What should i change in ESO – „The sweeping statement“

Charakters

Taonnor Annare, Sorcerer
    Thao Annare, Nightblade
  • Nerftheforums
    Nerftheforums
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This sounds dope af. I'd love to see something like this implemented! My dream as a solo/duo player <3
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Nerftheforums the only way the dream can come true is if we get the support on this thread. We need volume and to keep it relevant.
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    THE RACOON FACTION
    Going through your unwanted trash since 2014
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • MrTtheDK
    MrTtheDK
    ✭✭✭
    Liked and Subscribed.
    Main:
    DC- Diablo Azul , Mr T

Alts: Nerf Something or Another

Guild: - Imperial City Police
    RIP Guilds: Purple, WKB, Eight Divines, Rage, What Mechanics, Entropy Rising
    Game: @TalosSeptim
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please offer comments or ideas. I think this would be an easy way to bring a new and lasting dynamic to Cyrodiil and won't break the factions as is. @ZOS_GinaBruno please take this to other developers.[/quote]

I'm thinking of how this might be a lucrative way for mercenaries for hire.... suicide squad style.

Edit: Didn't know you were Drizz. Already subbed ya a while back. Great idea dude.
    Edited by usmguy1234 on June 28, 2018 3:43PM
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zelos wrote: »
    I Kind of like this idea for PvP sounds fun and innovative and if it doesnt work then role it back, might as well have some fun with. Along with the capture system, it could be they can only hold one resource at a time. The only problem I have with this is the overpopulation it will bring to the map and if everyone is a rogue then there will be no Alliance War anymore. I think something like this deserves to be in the game as its realistic that people do desert or become bandits from their home faction/ If executed properly it could bring alot of attention to cyrodiil and a fun PvP system that isnt just running around the same damn ring constantly like we have been doing for the last 4 years. This could open up the rest of the map that isnt used right now outside of the Keep system, I think this could be a great idea if its considered and thought through properly and given the attention it needs and not rushed or slapped on.

Not everyone will join because it has a cap to group size. Which means most pugs who faction stack or large guilds won’t be swapping.

You’ll only see the small scale groups/guilds going rogue and even then the only difference is that they now fight 3 factions md even other rogue groups.
    This provides that player base with more opportunities for pvp because they already could care less for objectives or the map.

Limit the objectives they can own to one keep/resource/town. And if they capture another one they have to relinquish hold on say chal to grab ash.

Rogue groups could even be identified by guild tabards or a decided upon name for the objectives they capture.
  • greenmachine
    greenmachine
    ✭✭✭
    There are a lot of things here to penalize me for wanting to play with my friends, but we can do better. Maybe automatically remove the enchantments from our weapons or no gear set bonuses. How about something that'll really punish me for wanting to play with my friends? Like, when you die, you lose a level. CP750? Catch a sloads to the knee and now you're 49. It's a great idea to reward "faction loyalty" by establishing a faction that can just get farmed all the time. Also, let's get AP and Emp title in the Crown Store. Great ideas all, let's include it in the next gamebreaking patch.
    greenmachine513 PS4-NA
    GM of Aldmeri People's Front
    Ionien - Altmer Mag Sorc Stormproof | Dr Jonny Fever - Breton Healplar | Bernie Dresden - Dunmer MagDK | Crushasaurus Rex - Argonian Stam DK
    Ser Greywulf - Nord DK Tank | Meow Kapwn - Khajit Magblade | Twink Versatile - Bosmer Stamblade | Loke-Tarr - Orc Stamden | Juicy Thunderthighs - Redguard Stamsorc | Frizz Grizzberg - Magden | Hax Killstealer - Dunmer Mag Sorc
    HEY HEY HEY SMOKE SKOOMA EVERYDAY
    JOIN THE APF ON PS4NA:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/400830/aldmeri-peoples-front-recruiting-ps4na#latest

HAIL DAEDRA
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    @greenmachine what are you even talking about? Did you read this? Or just look at the title and comment?
  • greenmachine
    greenmachine
    ✭✭✭
    @greenmachine what are you even talking about? Did you read this? Or just look at the title and comment?

Yeah, If I want to play with my friends I can desert my faction and be in a group of capped size, limited places to rez, be attacked by anybody who is not in my capped group, and pay AP out the nose to do so. I think it's great. Great idea.
    greenmachine513 PS4-NA
    GM of Aldmeri People's Front
    Ionien - Altmer Mag Sorc Stormproof | Dr Jonny Fever - Breton Healplar | Bernie Dresden - Dunmer MagDK | Crushasaurus Rex - Argonian Stam DK
    Ser Greywulf - Nord DK Tank | Meow Kapwn - Khajit Magblade | Twink Versatile - Bosmer Stamblade | Loke-Tarr - Orc Stamden | Juicy Thunderthighs - Redguard Stamsorc | Frizz Grizzberg - Magden | Hax Killstealer - Dunmer Mag Sorc
    HEY HEY HEY SMOKE SKOOMA EVERYDAY
    JOIN THE APF ON PS4NA:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/400830/aldmeri-peoples-front-recruiting-ps4na#latest

HAIL DAEDRA
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    @greenmachine no one is making you do it. You could just as easy make another character. This idea is crafted in a way to give new and more pvp options especially to small scale, while improving the ecosystem of cyro, and not allowing something that could abolish or compete with factions. To “desert” there are small penalties, but you just gained new spawns thru the entire map and fights have become abundant everywhere and in ic. It’s an opportunity to play with friends without a new character, not a privilege.