The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Please LOSE the Commercial

Earthewen
Earthewen
✭✭✭✭✭
ZOS, Please remove the commercial from my experience. The last thing I want to see when I first log on is a commercial blocking my entire screen. I mean, if I want to see what's in the crown store, I'll look in the crown store. The advertisement is annoying at best and infuriating at the worst. This new addition to my gaming experience is OVERKILL as ads go and very unwanted.

Thanks
Edited by Earthewen on May 23, 2018 2:37PM
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    agreed, the ad is just up on you
    Options
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm guessing this be on ps4 to? Something tells me ZOS is forced to do this, (same with crown crates) by the higher up bosses.
    Edited by Serjustin19 on May 23, 2018 2:40PM
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't wait to get disconnected from PVP, get lucky enough to log back into the keep I was at, and die to an enemy player while trying to exit the advertisement screen.
    Options
  • Earthewen
    Earthewen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm guessing this be on ps4 to? Something tells me ZOS is forced to do this, (same with crown crates) by the higher up bosses.

Actually, I'm on PC and it pops up every single time I log in. At least give me the option to turn it off or show me where that option is. I can't find it anywhere.
    Options
  • hexnotic
    hexnotic
    ✭✭✭✭
    N/A
    Edited by hexnotic on November 16, 2020 1:27PM
    Options
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I vote for "no adds for eso+" xD
    Options
  • Scorpiodisc
    Scorpiodisc
    ✭✭✭
    Or you can just close the window and get on with it. I know, I know...CRAZY!!!!
    Options
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earthewen wrote: »

Actually, I'm on PC and it pops up every single time I log in. At least give me the option to turn it off or show me where that option is. I can't find it anywhere.

:( so most likely it will be ps4 to. I do feel sorry you pc always test things first. I agree with the option though. Be good to turn off. But it now really does sounds like it's mandatory for ZOS forcibly to put the ad due to the higher ups in command. It's just I could be greatly wrong. But feeling I have none the less.
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
    Options
  • lakaisl
    lakaisl
    ✭✭✭
    Or some1 make an 'Addblocker' add-on :)
    Options
  • Radinyn
    Radinyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    death to it
    Options
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lakaisl wrote: »
    Or some1 make an 'Addblocker' add-on :)

PS4 and Xbox don't support PC AD Blocker. I don't forsee pc get mod to without permission from zos and zos control how the mod works.
    Options
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    592x342-60-situs-indonesia-tolak-intrusive-advertising-oleh-operator-seluler-140911g.jpg
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
    Options
  • Taysa
    Taysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi ZoS. I'm an ESO+ subscriber. Most online services, when you are a subscriber, do away with the ads.

You're already getting my money on a monthly basis. I'm not the person you should be targeting.

Get this ad off my screen. Thanks.

PS: I already own all the **** you're trying to pander to me.

PPS: Gotta love ZoS suspending my forum account for responding to white knight trolling.
    Edited by Taysa on May 24, 2018 5:24PM
    5/24/18: The day ZoS suspended my forum account for trolling a troll.
    Options
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yakidafi wrote: »
    592x342-60-situs-indonesia-tolak-intrusive-advertising-oleh-operator-seluler-140911g.jpg

I thought it was adds. (my spelling and grammar so bad) :neutral:
    Options
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's an abbreviation of advertisements, so "ads" :)
    Edited by Ydrisselle on May 23, 2018 3:27PM
    Options
  • Colecovision
    Colecovision
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No matter how many times you add it up, it's still an ad for something we've already paid for. Terrible.
    Options
  • Rebirthment
    Rebirthment
    ✭✭✭✭
    Or you can just close the window and get on with it. I know, I know...CRAZY!!!!

It doesn't justify why we have to see this everytime we log in or hop characters. Hopefully ZOS can look into this problem.
    Options
  • incite
    incite
    ✭✭✭✭
    0 people here who commented actually understand the reasoning behind it and its businessmodel, getting exposed to it repetitively is key here. If you really love the game, be happy they're doing it. Stop acting so smug about it.
    PC EU

no1 knows me, no1 cares about me but sshh, don't tell

Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    incite wrote: »
    0 people here who commented actually understand the reasoning behind it and its businessmodel, getting exposed to it repetitively is key here. If you really love the game, be happy they're doing it. Stop acting so smug about it.

Exposing me repetitively to the Morrowind DLC I already own, the Battlegrounds base game addition I already play, and the Warden upgrade I already own and play a warden...

Its totally working isn't it? I feel inspired to buy them...oh wait, I bought them. A year ago.

Except for the annoyance of logging in into combat and having those plastered over my screen, I'm hitting ALT without even looking at them anymore.
    Options
  • Cuthceol
    Cuthceol
    ✭✭✭
    addon No Thank You will get rid of the new ad although you will have to manual patch it atm (instructions on the addons website comments)
    Options
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Exposing me repetitively to the Morrowind DLC I already own, the Battlegrounds base game addition I already play, and the Warden upgrade I already own and play a warden...

Its totally working isn't it? I feel inspired to buy them...oh wait, I bought them. A year ago.

Except for the annoyance of logging in into combat and having those plastered over my screen, I'm hitting ALT without even looking at them anymore.

This, I don't care what marketing background you refer to to explain it. It is objectively an inefficient, possibly ineffective, annoyance. I don't need to be reminded to buy stuff I already bought. I follow the monthly showcase, and know new stuff comes out with updates and on Thursdays usually. Nothing new is popping in the store between horse trainings on different characters. And on those rare occasions you do a special one day promotion, I'm not going to see it because now I've conditioned myself to hit esc as soon as the character loads in.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
    Options
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yeah... I don’t think you understand how people react to over-exposure. At a minimum, they start ignoring it, at worst they avoid it altogether.

I get that you want to defend the company, but you’re not helping them in any way, shape, or form. They will lose sales as a result of over saturation. I don’t know about you, but as soon as this started, I developed a reflexive habit of just closing the window as soon as I saw it. I don’t even look at it first.

Trust me. They’re shooting themselves in the foot with this and you’re actively encouraging it. Stop.
    Options
  • runicnomad
    runicnomad
    ✭✭✭
    Options
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • runicnomad
    runicnomad
    ✭✭✭
    Ydrisselle wrote: »

awesome thanks for that link!
    goin to wait until they add in the things missing with it and continue to use the old one with the UI error fixes as posted in comments.
    Edited by runicnomad on May 23, 2018 4:37PM
    Options
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's just way too big. It feels like it locking me out of content. I also don't understand how this passed ux? Nobody likes ads covering 90% of content. The other size was prefectly fine. Also we should not see it Everytime we relog.
    Edited by Tasear on May 23, 2018 4:39PM
    Options
  • Sektion67
    Sektion67
    ✭✭✭

Yeah, it doesn't work that way. I actually used to look at the old ad window to see what was new. Now I click off of it as fast as possible without even thinking about it. Also it annoys the hell out of me. Which is just the feeling you want to invoke from a paying customer playing your game. Right? Right.
    Options
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ydrisselle wrote: »

Does this really block it?

Options
  • runicnomad
    runicnomad
    ✭✭✭

This is old school psychological draw in and force. This does not work anymore because of the overload of ads across the nets and now in games. It does not increase revenue except potentially for new people until they get overloaded. It actually causes anxiety and stress and animosity towards getting stuff from store over time.

Incentivisation to open menus is a better route not forcing popups. For example if you open announcements manually once a day you have a meter that builds up to a special gift or crate. Now it is an option and also has a reward in it. In this current system they are stealing time from people without asking and if your a ESO sub as I am and are already am putting coins in the companies pockets this is ridiculous and needs a toggle option.

Thankfully we have addons... hooray and with a good selection of them I can pretty much gut alerts popups markers and anything that steals my attention away from where I want it to be.
    Options
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't wait to get disconnected from PVP, get lucky enough to log back into the keep I was at, and die to an enemy player while trying to exit the advertisement screen.

Because hitting "alt" is hard. But seriously. ONCE a day/account would be acceptable. (I assume they will use this as the login rewards screen).
    Options