Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Please LOSE the Commercial

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Add the add on to get rid of the ad

Great solution for PC users!

Not so much for Console Users. Thats one good reason to complain regardless of whether or not I can use the add-on, because Consoles have,to,depend on ZOS to change stuff like this.
    Edited by VaranisArano on May 23, 2018 8:48PM
    Options
  • Colecovision
    Colecovision
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stormahawk wrote: »
    On a large monitor this is especially aggravating. When rotating to alts to do writs/dailies/farm/etc, seeing this stupid thing dominate my screen for several seconds while my addons load is VERY annoying! This ad is especially obnoxious on a 27 inch monitor. Kill it with fire

Lol - I haven't had a main system with that small of a screen since nes. I'm currently on a 47" tv. My wife is on a big screen.

This is just nuts. I read the old ones and was never bothered. Im sitting on crowns so it was fine for me. The new version is an assault to the senses and I get it off the screen as fast as possible. Its a race. I'll never see a word. If their goal is to include me in their communication, they were achieving it and now they are not.

It sounds like others agree. The thing is, they aren't competing for my attention. There are no ads of other products. They can do this tastefully and keep our intrest. As someone with marketing experience on a variety of levels, I simply think this is poorly done. Cheapening the product with a candy crush feel makes marketing harder in the long term as well. Epic fail.
    Edited by Colecovision on May 23, 2018 8:51PM
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought today's additional patch on NA PC would have corrected this issue to once a day.

LOL. Dream on! A special patch to disable an annoying dialog box? Even if they have decided this is something that they need to change, it could take 6 months for the change to find its way into the patch notes.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • Colecovision
    Colecovision
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    incite wrote: »
    Why do you keep getting the same television adds, radio adds, facebook adds?

I understand you are not trolling, this is a legit reply. Those things work for some, but they can drive people away as well.

I cancelled direct tv and use only sources for video without ads. Mostly netflix. I pay a sub to avoid the ads. I would love to listen to the radio, but just use music I have instead because of the commercials. I'm selective where I go online and use ad blockers. Facebook is dead to me.

I will return to single player games if this continues. Currenly my wife and I are both subs and bought the expansion. They should give this another look.
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Striken7 wrote: »
    I think we can all agree, the more these adds appear to thousands of players a day, the more chance zos gets more money in the bank.

I do not agree. Do you have any proof of this claim that you are making on behalf of every ESO player?

If not, thank you for admitting you are only trolling and not contributing in a meaningful way, and are willing to be reported accordingly.

Do I have proof? Well lets for argument sake say: its not rocketscience...

Being exposed only once to an add or 20 times, what you think will have most chance of you actually purchasing something, if not now than later, if not this, than something else on a different add.

It best, all you can say is that the more these ads appear to thousands of player a day, the more likely it is that a number of players who would have never purchased anything from the Crown Store will buy something from the Crown Store. You can't make a claim that they will get more money because we have no way to quantify all the variables. Obviously, they think they will make more money, but they are not sure, either.

One variable to keep in mind is that some individual, or a group of them, needs to spend $150/yr extra that they weren't planning to spend to offset every ESO Plus that might get cancelled as part of this.
    Options
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use the No Thank You addon - disables the ad

esoui.com/downloads/info2008-Nothankyoucontinued.html
    Options
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny how every reply I get starts with how "I experience these adds". Please think about the bigger picture, ESO doesnt only revolve around what you want.

I think we can all agree, the more these adds appear to thousands of players a day, the more chance zos gets more money in the bank.

There is actually something bigger going on than some individuals not liking dem adds.

Are you absolutely sure that they will get more purchases and not losing them from the annoyed players?
    Options
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    Ydrisselle wrote: »

Does this really block it?

@Tasear Yes, I didn't see the popup today. And I jumped between toons, plus got some disconnects too.
    Options
  • greylox
    greylox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its like, one click man
    PC EU

House of the Black Lotus
    *{Smokes-in-the-Shade }* (Mag pet Sorc Argonian, prolific thief, willing participant of the dark arts, gardener of exotic...herbs)
    {Lugdum The Mechanist} (Hybrid Orc Templar, collector of ancient Ayleid smoking pipes)
    {Rantoul} (Dark Elf Magknight, likes an ale between boss fights, has been known to offer daedric princes out in a fist fight)
    {Red, The Wanderer} (Bosmer stam sorc and hunter extraordinaire)
    {Shoots-For-Stars} (Argonian Mag pet Sorc Ice mage Healer)
    *{Jinny the spark }* (Sassy Imperial Stamplar)
    {Crezzi the Drifter} (Magblade khajiit burglar, available for questionable operations)
    {Grif the Despised} (StamKnight Tank Nord, Eastmarch Master Drinker and spinner of tall yarns)
    {Geraldine Stone-Heart} (High Elf MagSorc Ice Tank, Mystic, practitioner of the ancient arts)
    *{Anawinn}* (Stam pet Ward Redguard, Mother to a bear and an unruly Hunger,Librarian, field medic and natures fist)

{*}Mains
    { CP 900+ }

Caretaker of Battle Island (Grand Topal), the holiday destination for the discerning warrior
    Residing in Stay-Moist Mansion-Shadowfen - The Smoking Den (as of 6th feb 2017)

Options
  • Aimora
    Aimora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes I just click this closed too, before I would check what was being offered, it doesn’t help that I have Summerset, the Warden etc it just feels intrusive and sloppy.
    Aimora Gilidhren - 50 Hybrid Sorcerer
    Aimae Gilihdril - 50Templar Healer
    Aimsae Astasia - 50 Templar Tank
    Aimellie Halfpenny - 50 Nightblade spinning DPS
    Sofae Ethelbur - 50 Dragonknight Tank
    Sha'Mash 50 - Nightblade - Former Empress
    Saelenor Wilihfren 50 - Templar No. 3
    Seliene Harbingerin 50 - DK in training
    Aims For Equanimity 10 - Magicka DK

Circle of the Phoenix - Guild Mistress
    Elysium - Guild 2nd in Command
    Auridon Trading Company - Joint GM

Looking for a friendly, progress focused guild check us out at thecircleofthephoenix.gamerlaunch.com/

Check me out at Anook anook.com/aimora
    Options
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »

Does this really block it?

@Tasear Yes, I didn't see the popup today. And I jumped between toons, plus got some disconnects too.

Ah ty
    Edited by Tasear on May 23, 2018 11:03PM
    Options
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    greylox wrote: »
    Its like, one click man

It's like one death man. So you be happy to die because you had to do that one click?
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
    Options
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No Thank You has been updated!

You can disable the ad from there.
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No Thank You has been updated!

You can disable the ad from there.

Tested this today. Good attempt, but needs to be quicker about it.
    Options
  • Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was EXTREMELY inconsiderate of ZOS to leave the add up for every log in, WHEN WE'VE ALREADY PURCHASED THE THING!

Either get rid of the add, or make mount training less tedious.

Mount training is less tedious. I remember back in the day... when I had to walk to school, barefoot in the snow, uphill, both ways the Mount Training was for each individual mount.
    Options
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aaand now No Thank You is broken. *sigh* Worked great this afternoon, sign on this evening and get the ad and three LUA error messages including the one about No Thank You. Graaaaaah.
    Edited by Minyassa on May 24, 2018 4:20AM
    Options
  • AefionBloodclaw
    AefionBloodclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Once again they ignored the players' feedback during pts and still included it in the new patch. Not surprising at all.
    'For love, for friendship and for valour, I stand with the Aldmeri Dominion.'

Zephyrle Starbreeze, Bosmer Nightblade
    Aefion Bloodclaw, Bosmer Sorcerer
    Options
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I find I have already got into the habit of automatically closing it immediately it appears.
    PC EU
    Options
  • GlennGVZ
    GlennGVZ
    ✭✭

I just installed and configured it, works and this annoying piece of garbage attempt at force feed marketing is banished.

Remember that this company is about making money, and ethics is not a consideration
    Options
  • EasyTiger
    EasyTiger
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS are slowly strangling the game to squeeze out all the money they can from the playerbase. It’s going to get worse, I honestly don’t think they care much about your annoyance.
    Options
  • Mirelurk
    Mirelurk
    ✭✭✭✭
    I feel sorry for the console peeps who are stuck with this ***.
    Knights of Nirn | Daggerfall Covenant | PC | NA server

Swamplurk | V16 | Breton | Sorceror
    Morass | V16 | Breton | Templar
    Knightmire | V16 | Imperial | Dragonknight
    Catagory | V9 | Khajit | Nightblade

Options
  • Magenpie
    Magenpie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [edited to remove quote]

Um @incite...I'm not sure why you have singled this person out for such aggressive criticism?

They aren't saying anything different to the majority on this thread, they are perfectly within their rights as a consumer of the game to complain about something they don't like. Just because someone uses the first person in a sentence doesn't mean they are 'entitled' and I don't think this poster sounded as though they were.

Added to which, poking a person who's already annoyed about something will often get you a snappy response, but maybe that's what you were after, particularly as you've used such provocative language with 'invalid and irrelevant' - which, btw, the poster's complaint isn't.

I don't like the pop-up ad either, I think it's intrusive and annoying, and it doesn't endear the crown store to me or the game as a whole, rather the opposite. And yes, because it affects ME and MY game experience, I'm allowed to dislike it and say so.
    Edited by ZOS_JesC on May 24, 2018 5:41PM
    Options
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    0 people here who commented actually understand the reasoning behind it and its businessmodel, getting exposed to it repetitively is key here. If you really love the game, be happy they're doing it. Stop acting so smug about it.

What's truly smug is some smartarse pretending he knows something we don't but not explaining the how or why of it.

No matter how many times ZoS try to bully me into doing it, I am not buying Summerset again.

PS: People, be sure to submit this as an in-game feedback (there's a UI subcategory somewhere). Then you know your complaint is going to ZoS.
    Edited by TheRealPotoroo on May 24, 2018 7:00PM
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
    Options
  • Mirelurk
    Mirelurk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seriously? There are ZOSsplainers telling us we should enjoy it for our own good?
    Knights of Nirn | Daggerfall Covenant | PC | NA server

Swamplurk | V16 | Breton | Sorceror
    Morass | V16 | Breton | Templar
    Knightmire | V16 | Imperial | Dragonknight
    Catagory | V9 | Khajit | Nightblade

Options
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Agree - it's far too intrusive.
    Options
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not only it's intrusive and annoying, it's also utterly counter-productive for them and that's why:

while before I gladly used to check the new items in the Store at the window showing up, now I blindly close the window (immediately) and I'm already accustomed to do so by now, hence I'm totally missing if there are new items for sale or special offers and the situation won't change in the slightest.

Good job, what marketing genius of yours thought about that?

Really @ZOS, enough with this foolishness.

I will immediately update the "No thank you" addon, really hope I can get rid of this crap already.

lll
    "I really don't know who the **** came off with this change. Definitely somebody who does not play the game, that's for sure".
    lll
    Options
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's too big ... It's locking content ... it's making people die to the enemy ... seriously you guys are nuts

It takes up one quarter of the screen, as soon as it pops circle on the ps4 closes it ... It's visible for less then a second unless you choose to click through it

Get a grip people this is fine 1 second at log in isn't much
    Options
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SugaComa wrote: »
    Get a grip people this is fine 1 second at log in isn't much

I'd be ok with it if it popped up ONCE a day on my first log in. Every time for every single character login is ridiculous.
    Options
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    heaven13 wrote: »
    So amused at the (very) few people who are eye-rolling and telling us this will help ZOS earn money. Will it though? Really?

Buy Summerset! kthx I have it
    Preorder to get flaming mount! Yep, thanks.
    Buy Morrowind! mmhmm I have that too
    OMG what about Battlegrounds! see above

Switch characters and the entire process starts over, as if somehow I lost all of the above.

Once a day is MORE than enough. If they also used that entire screen to block show the different ads in one space...that would be even better since it's not intuitive enough to know what's on my account. And ESO+ should have an opt-out.

Did you know that you don't have to read them all and can instantly dismiss it?
    Options
  • BloodWolfe
    BloodWolfe
    ✭✭✭✭
    This thing is driving me NUTS! I already login much less than I used too because ZO$ is driving me away but now I see this damn whole screen POS popup EVERY SINGLE TIME I log in on any character? This is annoying AF and HAS to GO ASAP! This is now making me want to login even less than I already am. Way to go ZO$, FFS what a joke!
    Options