The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Cant log into the game or the website, game died again?

• MicBAM
    MicBAM
    Soul Shriven
    Jukkald wrote: »
    For those of you still having issues, make sure you've completely closed out of the game and Steam, then try again.

I restarted everything and it still gives the same error

Same issue.
  • Night_Watch
    Night_Watch
    ✭✭✭
    OK! I took a break as just had new furniture delivered. Game accepts login but is taking a while to 'load'. Just hit character select as I typed. So I is in - all be it a bit slow. :smile:

"If there is an underlying oneness of all things, it does not matter where we begin, whether with stars, or laws of supply and demand, or frogs, or Napoleon Bonaparte. One measures a circle, beginning anywhere."

Charles Fort - Lo! (1931)
  • Skeletalkk
    Skeletalkk
    ✭✭✭
    loving this, 17 hour wait on my ticket as my collectors edition didn't arrive. Manage to get in game and start the first quest- now can't get back into game
    - PC EU -
    I JUST WANT MORE DAMN HOUSE ITEM SLOTS.
    Kireth Telvanni - Dunmer - MagSorc

The Ending of Words is AlmSiVi.

Accept Mephala's Embrace.
  • Shourrs
    Shourrs
    ✭✭✭
    Same here: Connection to server timed out.
    - Restarted Steam, Client and Game. No effect.
    - Can login on Website. Didn't try to change PW.

• warboy970
    warboy970
    Soul Shriven
    pc EU steam version is still not okay. can't login.
  • Wolfkeks
    Wolfkeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope not fixed
    "Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?" - Fadomai
    EU PC 2000+ CP professional mudballer and pie thrower
    Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, vAA hm, vHelRa hm, vSO hm, vMoL hm, vHoF hm, vAS+2, vCR+3, vSS hm, vKA, vRG, Flawless Conquerer, Spirit Slayer
  • goxxy
    goxxy
    Still can`t log in, go through intro, than endless loading... Not even on char screen, and I updated game on 2 PCs, same have both behaviour.
  • nulika
    nulika
    Soul Shriven
    Run eso64.exe Directly please , it works i have steam and i am loged in

its located under

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client\eso64.exe
  • GaelicCat
    GaelicCat
    ✭✭
    I still can't login neither. (PC EU Steam)
    I restarted the game, then restarted steam, then restarted my pc as well just in case.
    Still getting connection timed out. :(

I tried the suggestion to launch using eso64.exe instead of steam but when I put in my ESO account details I get the login failed message, and to try login in via steam. I can login to the website with the same details, so they are correct :S
  • Geroken777
    Geroken777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno The issue is not fixed. We are still getting Connection to server timed out error.
    The self-righteous shall choke on their sanctimony.
  • LtBottle
    LtBottle
    ✭✭✭
    nulika wrote: »

its located under

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client\eso64.exe

it asks for a password i have no more (works no more)... i'm stuck on loading screen.... :/

we do not have password when bounded account?
  • TwIsTeDReDQuEeN
    TwIsTeDReDQuEeN
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno I bought and play the game on Xbox & Steam- for mac (uggh ikr lol) (currently through Nvidia GeForce Now) and Im also having login Issues on both platforms :/ Thx for letting us know you guys are tracking! Hope to get back in to Summerset!!!!!
  • RATAHATA
    RATAHATA
    Soul Shriven

its located under

its works!!! thnx! )
  • Shourrs
    Shourrs
    ✭✭✭

its located under

That gives an error message that the account might be inactive and that I should start it over steam if bought there.

Edit: Seems to work. Forget after some time that you don't need the @ when logging in.
    Edited by Shourrs on May 22, 2018 3:33PM
  • eric_m
    eric_m
    ✭✭✭

its located under

didn't work for me:
    Login Failed. Your username and password may be incorrect or inactive at this time. If you purchased the game through steam, please start the game via the steam client to login.
  • Tove
    Tove
    ✭✭✭
    Same problem with steam login " Connection to server timed out."

I cant open the game with eso64.exe.
    GaelicCat wrote: »
    I tried the suggestion to launch using eso64.exe instead of steam but when I put in my ESO account details I get the login failed message, and to try login in via steam. I can login to the website with the same details, so they are correct :S

Restart didnt resolve the problem.
  • Aebaradath
    Aebaradath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone, confirming we've seen your posts. It may just take a little time to get everyone back in since the servers are being hammered all at once. Give it a few and try again in a bit.
    Did the server hamsters escape? I'll put out a missing poster.

Listen up, ladies and gentlemen. Our fugitive has been on the run for 90 minutes. Average foot speed over uneven ground, barring injuries, is 4 miles-an-hour. That gives us a radius of six miles. What I want out of each and every one of you is a hard-target search of every gas station, residence, warehouse, farmhouse, henhouse, outhouse and doghouse in that area. Checkpoints go up at fifteen miles. Your fugitive’s name is Server Hamster. Go get him.
    UESKxcB.jpg

Edited by Aebaradath on May 22, 2018 3:45PM
  • OsManiaC
    OsManiaC
    ✭✭✭✭
    PC EU STEAM cannot login

Same as new year event :)
    GM of The Argonian Kebab, The Argonian Steak & The Argonian BBQ - PC - EU (The Tamriel Kitchen) @OsManiaC

Don't worry, the tail grows back!
    if it breathes we eats. #justbosmerthings - we can detect stealth boy NPCs and hunt them thanks to our skill!

https://steamcommunity.com/id/osmaniac
  • Rokkar8
    Rokkar8
    ✭✭
    It is not resolved yet, restarting didnt change anything.
  • Shadowstale
    Shadowstale
    ✭✭
    Yeap, still not working.
  • Golnebo
    Golnebo
    ✭✭✭
    Just confirming. It hasn't been resolved. Connection to server timed out. (PC EU Steam)
    Edited by Golnebo on May 22, 2018 3:47PM
    PC - EU

{Nemesis the Magnificent} - Wannabe Magician with a nack for accidentally killing everything around him - Aldmeri Dominion High Elf Mastercrafter.
    {Knightmare the Wild} - Fiendish Templar Lady with a must kill attitude - Dunmer by birth - EP by choice.
    {Thinks-he-is-Funny} - Tough EP Argonian Dragon Knight. Drinks his ale in Belkarth - Secretly in love with his battlesister Knightmare the Wild. Battlegrounds King.
    {Son-of-a-Witch} - Confused Nightblade who took up the dark arts of black magic. Literally sits in Mournhold all day doing nothing. Dreams of returning to Dragonstar Arena.
    {Eilalenya Alkinaerith} - Strikingly beautiful High Elf of the Aldmeri Dominion - Seducer of men and elves - Learning the Healer ropes. Heals for fun.
    {Blue Bear-y Pie} - Think-outside-the-box Mastercrafter Warden - Enjoys long walks on the beach - Protector of Tamriel's fauna and wildlife - Breton lady.
    {Neopatra} - Grumpy old Veteran - Wreaks havoc in Cyrodill - loves her grandchildren - Redguard Brute. In case of bad mood she turns into a werewolf.
    {Sneaky little Maraya} - Gorgeous Redguard Bombshell - Evil stamsorc who loves to clear dungeons of monsters.
    {Seven of Nirn} - No-nonsense brutal lady-Orc. Always rambling on about the Covenant. Get with it or get out kinda StamSorcOrc.
    {Reeks-of-Incompetence} - Hangs in the balance DK. Studied to become a dentist. Alcohol made her do nothing all day. Argonian Historian.
    {Doctor Whoops} - Self conscious Sorc . Father to 18 children. None of which are anywhere in sight. Proves shield nerfs wrong. Currently doing vDSA.
    {Daisy Deathbringer} - Foul necromancer that likes to hang at funerals and graveyards. Mostly plays with the dead, does not deal much death.
    {Major Defiler} - Lovely necromancer who likes to study life. Puts the word romance in necromance.
    {Cindiana Jones} - Defected Templar. Very deadly in Battlegrounds. Likes to wander around Cyrodill.
    {Sideskirt Bob} - Nightblade who got his nickname when a lady Nord mentioned his waistline.
  • KILLPRYAN
    KILLPRYAN
    Soul Shriven
    I'm also getting "Connection to server timed out". PC EU Steam.
  • Micke3rd
    Micke3rd

maybe for you it works, but not for all.

• raviour
    raviour
    ✭✭✭✭
    servers are caput.
  • dscaza
    dscaza
    Soul Shriven
    Same, still server timing out after a full reboot, Steam EU
  • Swergdach
    Swergdach
    ✭✭✭
    "The issues related to logging in to the megaservers have been resolved at this time."
    Oh, really? I only see "Connection to server timed out. Please try again later" every time I restart my client and click "Play". ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Update: We're still working on the remaining login issues affecting Steam.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • raviour
    raviour
    ✭✭✭✭
    I cannot log into my older chars, my newer ones server crashes fast.
  • raviour
    raviour
    ✭✭✭✭
    I dont use steam @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • Golnebo
    Golnebo
    ✭✭✭
    Update: We're still working on the remaining login issues affecting Steam.

Cool! I hope it gets resolved soon.
    PC - EU

{Nemesis the Magnificent} - Wannabe Magician with a nack for accidentally killing everything around him - Aldmeri Dominion High Elf Mastercrafter.
    {Knightmare the Wild} - Fiendish Templar Lady with a must kill attitude - Dunmer by birth - EP by choice.
    {Thinks-he-is-Funny} - Tough EP Argonian Dragon Knight. Drinks his ale in Belkarth - Secretly in love with his battlesister Knightmare the Wild. Battlegrounds King.
    {Son-of-a-Witch} - Confused Nightblade who took up the dark arts of black magic. Literally sits in Mournhold all day doing nothing. Dreams of returning to Dragonstar Arena.
    {Eilalenya Alkinaerith} - Strikingly beautiful High Elf of the Aldmeri Dominion - Seducer of men and elves - Learning the Healer ropes. Heals for fun.
    {Blue Bear-y Pie} - Think-outside-the-box Mastercrafter Warden - Enjoys long walks on the beach - Protector of Tamriel's fauna and wildlife - Breton lady.
    {Neopatra} - Grumpy old Veteran - Wreaks havoc in Cyrodill - loves her grandchildren - Redguard Brute. In case of bad mood she turns into a werewolf.
    {Sneaky little Maraya} - Gorgeous Redguard Bombshell - Evil stamsorc who loves to clear dungeons of monsters.
    {Seven of Nirn} - No-nonsense brutal lady-Orc. Always rambling on about the Covenant. Get with it or get out kinda StamSorcOrc.
    {Reeks-of-Incompetence} - Hangs in the balance DK. Studied to become a dentist. Alcohol made her do nothing all day. Argonian Historian.
    {Doctor Whoops} - Self conscious Sorc . Father to 18 children. None of which are anywhere in sight. Proves shield nerfs wrong. Currently doing vDSA.
    {Daisy Deathbringer} - Foul necromancer that likes to hang at funerals and graveyards. Mostly plays with the dead, does not deal much death.
    {Major Defiler} - Lovely necromancer who likes to study life. Puts the word romance in necromance.
    {Cindiana Jones} - Defected Templar. Very deadly in Battlegrounds. Likes to wander around Cyrodill.
    {Sideskirt Bob} - Nightblade who got his nickname when a lady Nord mentioned his waistline.