The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cant log into the game or the website, game died again?

• DonRavello
    DonRavello
    ✭✭✭
    PC EU/Steam - Timeout

I have already completed the obvious: restarted ESO, restarted Launcher, restarted Steam, reinstalled Game, reinstalled Windows, bought new PC, changed ISP, restored a backup of the Internet.Nothing changed.

Contrary to what the banner announcement suggests: Problem persists. The issue is not resolved.
    Options
  • Kendah
    Kendah
    ✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    I can log on to the NA server through steam, but I get the "server timout" error message whenever I try to connect to the PC/EU server through steam

Same here :(
    Options
  • Pr0fischimmler
    DonRavello wrote: »
    PC EU/Steam - Timeout

[...]

Contrary to what the banner announcement suggests: Problem persists. The issue is not resolved.

Yup. Repaired, restarted, started game and/ or client directly from setup folder as admin, nothing works.
    CP 720+ dps main

Profischimmler Redguard Stamblade ~ Spawn of Possession Altmer Magblade ~ Sorzenia Altmer Magsorc
    Ai'kara Swordsong Redguard Stamplar ~ Crushbert Destructoid Redguard Stam DK ~ Slash the Summits Dunmer Magplar
    Zarr Hau Argonian Warden Tank
    Options
  • preisslb16_ESO
    preisslb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Can't login via steam launcher, using the "hidden" non-steam client as a workaround.
    Options
  • Swergdach
    Swergdach
    ✭✭✭
    ovejiyas wrote: »
    hey i have same problem but i restart my router and i can connect now try it

I restarted my router, my PC, steam client and game client - still not working.
    Options
  • FreshlyB8ked
    FreshlyB8ked
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow....servers plagued before the launch....EU servers go out at launch....Xbox goes down yesterday.....now Steam players are out today. Don't forget about the crown store guys!!!!
    Options
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    travelerx1 wrote: »
    Back in on PS4 NA! Thanks for the awesome work guys!

EU still dead. Probably another few hours or days.
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
    Options
  • DonRavello
    DonRavello
    ✭✭✭
    DonRavello wrote: »
    PC EU/Steam - Timeout

[...]

Yup. Repaired, restarted, started game and/ or client directly from setup folder as admin, nothing works.

At least they repaired the banner announcement. Stay positive.
    Options
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So US is back in. Any word on EU? Are we the black sheep again?
    PC - EU:
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
    Options
  • Skeletalkk
    Skeletalkk
    ✭✭✭
    red_emu wrote: »
    So US is back in. Any word on EU? Are we the black sheep again?

nothin new there! :)
    - PC EU -
    I JUST WANT MORE DAMN HOUSE ITEM SLOTS.
    Kireth Telvanni - Dunmer - MagSorc

The Ending of Words is AlmSiVi.

Accept Mephala's Embrace.
    Options
  • LtBottle
    LtBottle
    ✭✭✭
    3 hours now.

End of the break, someone will start to work at ZOS
    Options
  • Skeletalkk
    Skeletalkk
    ✭✭✭
    LtBottle wrote: »
    3 hours now.

they were all just having a long lunch haha
    - PC EU -
    I JUST WANT MORE DAMN HOUSE ITEM SLOTS.
    Kireth Telvanni - Dunmer - MagSorc

The Ending of Words is AlmSiVi.

Accept Mephala's Embrace.
    Options
  • mochicake
    mochicake
    ✭✭
    Just got booted while playing from PC NA Steam.
    Options
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LtBottle wrote: »
    3 hours now.

Just waiting on a maintenance announcement now :frowning:
    PC - EU:
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
    Options
  • Pr0fischimmler
    Can't login via steam launcher, using the "hidden" non-steam client as a workaround.

Please elaborate. If i open the launcher from the game files, i get told that my login information is incorrect, which it is not.
    CP 720+ dps main

Profischimmler Redguard Stamblade ~ Spawn of Possession Altmer Magblade ~ Sorzenia Altmer Magsorc
    Ai'kara Swordsong Redguard Stamplar ~ Crushbert Destructoid Redguard Stam DK ~ Slash the Summits Dunmer Magplar
    Zarr Hau Argonian Warden Tank
    Options
  • MajesticHaruki
    MajesticHaruki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC/EU steam. Still cannot log in. I ve closed both the game and the steam launcher 2 times to no avail.
    PC/EU @MajThorax Sorcerer and Housing Decorator prodigy
    In my spare time I collect materials and run away from mudcrabs
    Options
  • preisslb16_ESO
    preisslb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven

Please elaborate. If i open the launcher from the game files, i get told that my login information is incorrect, which it is not.

Went to the steam install folder > game > client > eso64.exe

Logged in without a problem, playing right now.
    Options
  • GaelicCat
    GaelicCat
    ✭✭

I tried this but also was told that the login info is incorrect, but it's not. Why does this work for some, and not for others?
    It is the same userID and password that you use to login to the eso website? I used the same and it works on the website, but not by using the eso64.exe, even with steam not running, and with a fresh usersettings file.

I still get connection timed out if I try to login normally through steam. :(
    Options
  • Kharret
    Kharret
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely, someone cast perma-Undo on PC EU server

Oh, thank you very much! It works.
    Options
  • Golnebo
    Golnebo
    ✭✭✭
    Update: We're still working on the remaining login issues affecting Steam.

How is it looking?
    PC - EU

{Nemesis the Magnificent} - Wannabe Magician with a nack for accidentally killing everything around him - Aldmeri Dominion High Elf Mastercrafter.
    {Knightmare the Wild} - Fiendish Templar Lady with a must kill attitude - Dunmer by birth - EP by choice.
    {Thinks-he-is-Funny} - Tough EP Argonian Dragon Knight. Drinks his ale in Belkarth - Secretly in love with his battlesister Knightmare the Wild. Battlegrounds King.
    {Son-of-a-Witch} - Confused Nightblade who took up the dark arts of black magic. Literally sits in Mournhold all day doing nothing. Dreams of returning to Dragonstar Arena.
    {Eilalenya Alkinaerith} - Strikingly beautiful High Elf of the Aldmeri Dominion - Seducer of men and elves - Learning the Healer ropes. Heals for fun.
    {Blue Bear-y Pie} - Think-outside-the-box Mastercrafter Warden - Enjoys long walks on the beach - Protector of Tamriel's fauna and wildlife - Breton lady.
    {Neopatra} - Grumpy old Veteran - Wreaks havoc in Cyrodill - loves her grandchildren - Redguard Brute. In case of bad mood she turns into a werewolf.
    {Sneaky little Maraya} - Gorgeous Redguard Bombshell - Evil stamsorc who loves to clear dungeons of monsters.
    {Seven of Nirn} - No-nonsense brutal lady-Orc. Always rambling on about the Covenant. Get with it or get out kinda StamSorcOrc.
    {Reeks-of-Incompetence} - Hangs in the balance DK. Studied to become a dentist. Alcohol made her do nothing all day. Argonian Historian.
    {Doctor Whoops} - Self conscious Sorc . Father to 18 children. None of which are anywhere in sight. Proves shield nerfs wrong. Currently doing vDSA.
    {Daisy Deathbringer} - Foul necromancer that likes to hang at funerals and graveyards. Mostly plays with the dead, does not deal much death.
    {Major Defiler} - Lovely necromancer who likes to study life. Puts the word romance in necromance.
    {Cindiana Jones} - Defected Templar. Very deadly in Battlegrounds. Likes to wander around Cyrodill.
    {Sideskirt Bob} - Nightblade who got his nickname when a lady Nord mentioned his waistline.
    Options
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got thrown out even WITHOUT using the steam login... again. Login works however.
    Edited by Thraben on May 22, 2018 5:50PM
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
    Options
  • HereKittehKitteh
    HereKittehKitteh
    ✭✭✭
    The reason the workaround doesn't work for some is because newer accounts via steam can't use the non steam client, to be able to access your account you have too launch the game via steam. I can't remember when they put this in but i think it's accounts made after approx 2016 (hopefully someone who can remember the year shall correct me XD)
    Options
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GaelicCat wrote: »

I tried this but also was told that the login info is incorrect, but it's not. Why does this work for some, and not for others?
    It is the same userID and password that you use to login to the eso website? I used the same and it works on the website, but not by using the eso64.exe, even with steam not running, and with a fresh usersettings file.

Was your first/initial purchase of the game through Steam, by any chance?

I think this workaround may only work for people who've purchased ESO through original channels and linked their accounts later on. I purchased ESO through Steam and I can't log in or use the workaround either. Haven't been able to test my theory, but it makes sense for the workaround not to work for people who've only ever played through Steam since our accounts don't require a login when starting the game (and never have).

Edit: missed the post above me. :P
    Edited by Saturnana on May 22, 2018 5:55PM
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath
    Options
  • cheops
    cheops
    ✭✭✭
    this is almost certainly not a steam issue - its a ZOS server misconfigured to handle logins from users launching the launcher from steam.

starting from the game executable either wont work unless you bought the game sometime ago or if it does work you probably wont have your ESO+
    Options
  • HereKittehKitteh
    HereKittehKitteh
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno any updates please?
    Options
  • LtBottle
    LtBottle
    ✭✭✭
    It would be nice to have some news now.
    Been near then 4h.

Maybe AT LEAST tell us if we will see something tonight?
    Options
  • GaelicCat
    GaelicCat
    ✭✭
    lnsane wrote: »

I think this workaround may only work for people who've purchased ESO through original channels and linked their accounts later on. I purchased ESO through Steam and I can't log in or use the workaround either. Haven't been able to test my theory, but it makes sense for the workaround not to work for people who've only ever played through Steam since our accounts don't require a login when starting the game (and never have).

Yes, I purchased the game through Steam after the free week in December 2017.
    Options
  • Marvinthebeast
    Can't login, connection timed out, EU server.
    Options
  • mooslacker
    mooslacker
    ✭✭
    lnsane wrote: »

Yes, I purchased the game through Steam after the free week in December 2017.

The last time
    cheops wrote: »
    this is almost certainly not a steam issue - its a ZOS server misconfigured to handle logins from users launching the launcher from steam.

starting from the game executable either wont work unless you bought the game sometime ago or if it does work you probably wont have your ESO+

The last time we had this issue, maintenance lasted for several days. Brace for impact :)
    Options
  • MajesticHaruki
    MajesticHaruki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno any update?
    PC/EU @MajThorax Sorcerer and Housing Decorator prodigy
    In my spare time I collect materials and run away from mudcrabs
    Options